RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

1 ... 567891011 ... 76

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Haleks
astocky wrote
Haleks wrote
I'm gonna do one last update (the last one for this week, promised!).
I wrote a small script wich will delete bandits units (not the choppers) if they are farther than 10km from the player : considering the amount of triggers, this should help preventing the map from becoming over-populated. Not to mention it should save some CPU on long term playthroughs.

EDIT : done. The same fix is to be expected for factions 2017 soon.
Again, I barely have time to download and open it up and you have updated again. Thanks so much, take a break and it seems keep getting improvements and bug fixes faster than the official release.
I'm gonna take a break indeed!^^
I think we now have a pretty much bug-free mission - I don't see what else would need to be fixed right now.
At last I should have time to actually play it a bit!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
Soooo Haleks,

having played a bit yourself, have you noticed that the HUD is completely broken again? :P
It doesn't show up after loading a save, you can bring it back with the Options -> Game Options trick but it won't be updating. (Most notable are the Visibility and Sound indicators, they won't change at all)
It only refreshes thirst and blood when you go to game options. I think Hunger is stuck for ever.

Another thing, not sure if it's up to you to fix, but when the color fades from lack of blood and I get hit by a zombie the color is fully restored.

It works on resuming, but it can take up  to 30 seconds before it loads : the fact that you go in game options before it pops up most likely breaks it :/
Just be patient! ^^

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
But I'm NOOOOT! Ok thanks I'll try it out XD

I commend you for your diligence! You're doing really great work on the mod so far.

B-T-Dubs: How about making dem Bandits endure some more punishment? I've seen that you initialize armor multipliers for all hitzones of the Zeds in the factions file. (like 0.3 head, 2 body etc.)
Isn't there a way to say do the same for Bandits? (i.e. 0.3 head, 5 body, 10 limbs etc.)

The dayz_code only refers to r_player_blood but not to zombie blood. I figure it's somewhere in the dayz.pbo but I don't know enough bout the mod structure. DayZ has been known to change around zed blood from version to version if I remember correctly. So theoretically it should be possible to make survivors and bandits tougher?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's doable - it's just that I never really had time to look into it! ;)
I'll keep the idea on my "to do" list!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
Cool! I believe in you!

Btw, is it a common glitch where I sometimes stare at a vehicle and through sheer force of my will it magically fully repairs itself?
It happens quite frequently too. Most common with Motorcycles, but just now also with a Bus...

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Haleks
Havoc wrote
Cool! I believe in you!

Btw, is it a common glitch where I sometimes stare at a vehicle and through sheer force of my will it magically fully repairs itself?
It happens quite frequently too. Most common with Motorcycles, but just now also with a Bus...
Yes, it happens to some vehicles; I guess the damage script needs some tweaking.

By the way, I'm looking into the extended armor for AI! Does any of you guys know how many shots it takes to kill someone with a M9 in DayZ? (aiming at the torso, not the head!)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
Yes, M9 does 1389 blood damage so it's 9 shots to kill.

Is there something broken about the UH-1H? I cannot repair the hull with scrap metal =/
It says "You need a to repair this." or sth.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Haleks
Havoc wrote
Yes, M9 does 1389 blood damage so it's 9 shots to kill.

Is there something broken about the UH-1H? I cannot repair the hull with scrap metal =/
It says "You need a to repair this." or sth.
Doh! Looks like they changed the repair sequence as well! >_<
Thanks for reporting!

EDIT : were you able to repair any other vehicle?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
Well my bus repaired itself after I intimidated it long enough, but I just found an UAZ I'll run back to it and see if I can fix it with some scrap. I'll get back to you on this.

EDIT: Yes UAZ's body can be fixed with scrap metal.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Anonymous
According to this weapon chart: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Weapons

The m9 and other 9mm guns do 889 blood damage.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Haleks
Anonymous wrote
According to this weapon chart: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Weapons

The m9 and other 9mm guns do 889 blood damage.
Man I'm dumb, didn't even thought about checking wiki...
Anyway it says '5 body shots to kill', wich is pretty much the result I came up with the new NPC armor values : it takes 4 or 5 shots to kill them with the m9. I'm going to test it further this week-end and maybe update next week.
I've also noticed that some bandits can spawn with a m40a3 without ammo - it will be fixed; they'll spawn with a regular SVD instead.

Sadly, I can't figure out what's wrong with the huey chopper : everything seems to be set properly in the dayz_code - looks like a dayz glitch to me, but I'll keep digging.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
But the chart also says it takes 5 body shots to kill so there you have some conflicting information.
12000 / 889 = 13.5, so unless I'm missing something it should take 14 shots to get someone to 0 blood.

EDIT: On the other hand 5 shots does appear more realistic to me so it's fine if it's at that.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Anonymous
I think the shots to kill are for zeds (4500 blood). But the chart seems to be inconsistent as some weapons with the same damage have a different "body shots to kill" calculation (m9 and g17 for example).

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
Well the Huey thing must have something to do with DayZ177, or one of the scripts you and Above share, because I have the same problem with his Narf mod when I'm trying to repair its hull.

177 changelog doesn't mention any changes to the materials needed for any repairs, so it's probably a bug.
You should re-enable cheats in your mission file so at least the hull can be cheated back to health once repairs are done.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Haleks, the patch is (I would say) 99% bugfree. The only problem is the hunger/thirst. Have you found anything about it? Reloading did not work for me, so I'll start dig into the problem.

Just wanted to drop by and see if you've discovered anything. =)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/15 UPDATED]

saprykheid
Haleks, do you stillö recommend not to use "asr_ai_sys_aiskill"?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

mp5lng
here is one creepy bug in the game....i chose the female gender cause i got tired of the male, she got infected and than the "caugh...caugh...caugh" male sound started  ! any way to fix it ?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Above wrote
Haleks, the patch is (I would say) 99% bugfree. The only problem is the hunger/thirst. Have you found anything about it? Reloading did not work for me, so I'll start dig into the problem.

Just wanted to drop by and see if you've discovered anything. =)
???
They both work fine for me - even after quitting the game and resuming a save. Just don't go into game options before the UI pops up when you reload (I'll make it appear faster for the update)! As far as I know, that, and saving/resuming while inside a vehicle are the only things wich could break the thirst/hunger features.

saprykheid wrote
Haleks, do you stillö recommend not to use "asr_ai_sys_aiskill"?
No, I think they work fine - I was confused with a bug from DaiZy :/

mp5lng wrote
I will look at it, but I bet they just didn't recorded any sounds for the female character : women are quite left-over in DayZ, they can't even change skin :(

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
Haleks wrote
mp5lng wrote
here is one creepy bug in the game....i chose the female gender cause i got tired of the male, she got infected and than the "caugh...caugh...caugh" male sound started  ! any way to fix it ?
I will look at it, but I bet they just didn't recorded any sounds for the female character : women are quite left-over in DayZ, they can't even change skin :(
Oh they did have female coughing in the previous versions, I'm pretty sure about that.
Maybe I just forgot because I haven't been infected half as many times throughout the entire time in pre-177 as I've been in the past day.
1 ... 567891011 ... 76