RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

1 ... 3456789 ... 76

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Nabu
Banned User
Haleks wrote
I've re-done the bandit squads spawns : they have a chance to spawn pretty much anywhere, and will be composed of 2 or 3 units. It's more random than before; for instance, the bandit squad in elektro won't systematically spawn anymore. There's now two in three chances that a 2 or 3 men team spawns there.
I've also included the R3F realism script and set the weight for all the DayZ items/weapons.
That sounds wonderful - so the pub in elektro still is a "terrorist hideout", also if there not always bandits spawning around it. I like that even more! Do you think about adding the R3F logistics too? it's cause i love to transport vehicles with helicopter, and for building base its great too.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Haleks wrote
Above wrote
Haleks wrote
Above wrote
Nice! Yes, I tested today and noticed the zombie issue.

What kind of changes? I'm going ham on the Napf update, I'll improve the stashes abit (not too much). And some shite.

But I lost the 1.7.7 code I had for Napf, so I gotta redo the custom loot coords and the tables. >_<

Can't wait for the zombie fix. :D
I've re-done the bandit squads spawns : they have a chance to spawn pretty much anywhere, and will be composed of 2 or 3 units. It's more random than before; for instance, the bandit squad in elektro won't systematically spawn anymore. There's now two in three chances that a 2 or 3 men team spawns there.
I've also included the R3F realism script and set the weight for all the DayZ items/weapons.
Nice! I remember you talking about R3F before, but didn't include it?

Either way, after messing abouts with R3F in BP, I realized that it's a keeper.

I can finally move all the missplaced shit on the map, AND move the burning barrel into my car, so that I don't have to creat 3000 campfires. Also, we don't have to add that to the building script anymore. Mohaha. :D
You're talking about the Artillery and Logistic script by the R3F team ^^
The realsim script they made deals with the player endurance and handles the weight he carries. It was included in DayZ 2017; I used their configs for the tiredness effects by the way : the ones from the original script were way too harsh for Dayz.
Oh yes, I noticed now when I over-read it. Why not add the Artillery and Logistic mod, though?

:D

:D
i built a huge base on Klen mountain with parts of the bases you added in breaking point. it's clear that your map has even more possibility to use that script as you added some customstuff/objects (like the autorefuel barrels, wooden boxes to store stuff, big campfires, lot of sandbagwalls etc.) to the map which can be taken and used, but anyway i would like to use that script in standard-map too.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Haleks
I will probably include it, but for the next update - since the current version is kinda broken I'd rather update the fix ASAP ;)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Haleks wrote
I will probably include it, but for the next update - since the current version is kinda broken I'd rather update the fix ASAP ;)

The fix > goodies! :D

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

astocky
Above wrote
Haleks wrote
I will probably include it, but for the next update - since the current version is kinda broken I'd rather update the fix ASAP ;)
The fix > goodies! :D
You guys are amazing, I can't wait to download the updated version and get killed by some more zombies. What really shocks me though, is just how much flaming of the new mod is going on at the main DayZ forums. These guys think this patch is the worst thing to happen on PCs ever. It seems though that a lot of the game bugs are not present in the SP version. Kudos to you guys

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Haleks
Uploading the update right now!

donation

severedsoul
Hey Haleks, I've played a few of your maps. and they were good. I want to know if you accept donations for your work. You spend alot of time making alot of stuff, might as well get paid. Thanks for your hard work.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Nabu
Banned User
astocky wrote
Above wrote
Haleks wrote
I will probably include it, but for the next update - since the current version is kinda broken I'd rather update the fix ASAP ;)
The fix > goodies! :D
You guys are amazing, I can't wait to download the updated version and get killed by some more zombies. What really shocks me though, is just how much flaming of the new mod is going on at the main DayZ forums. These guys think this patch is the worst thing to happen on PCs ever. It seems though that a lot of the game bugs are not present in the SP version. Kudos to you guys
I dont wander at all... I played lots of games, different games. But always if there are changes/patches in a game that affect the gameplay - ppl have learned or are accustomed to - they go crazy. The human in general don't like changes if it means to learn something again from the root. It was hard for them to get good/used to in the previous patch, and now they don't want to go to "school" again. - ok, that is at least one of my explanations, and for me it fits nicely ;)

That's also one reason why i dont read the main-forums of games to much if there came changes in the game. The general negativity is manipulating my mind.^^ Same situation for example in World of Tanks and other mmorpgs i played before. I really think that the zeds are just better now. Before you could run past an zed 1m beside him beeing sure he wont hit you... not really good if you ask me. Now may you get hit - also with 2m distance to him, thats ok, if you look at the distance you can attack with hatchet for example (>2m? nobody was complaining about that^^). Outrun them in forests and running around buildings still works fine, a bit more difficult, but no problem after getting used to it.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Updated!

Above, you will want to use the modified player_zombieCheck.sqf file (in the compile folder of the dayz code) to fix the zombies.

Enjoy guys!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Nabu
Banned User
Yesss, thankyouverymuch Haleks!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

ataribaby
Maybe its nonsence, but better to report. I saw on dayz forum that initialy mission generator site has wrong files for 177 and they recommend to regenerate mission.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Haleks
ataribaby wrote
Maybe its nonsence, but better to report. I saw on dayz forum that initialy mission generator site has wrong files for 177 and they recommend to regenerate mission.
Oh, thanks for the heads up; I will have a look at whatever they changed and see if it could concern the SP!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
Hey again Haleks.

So after 3 hours of looting I couldn't find a map to check out what you suggested about turning advanced map info in the menu. This should be called DayZ: Tin Can Edition. Subtitle: TINCANSTINCANSTINFUCKINGCANS.

A vehicle: Hatchback, despawned after loading a game. That was odd. I had put some loot into it as well.

177 apparently introduced a balls-to-the-face retarded anti-dupe script which won't allow you to pick up two of a kind of vehicle part in sequence. So I found a fuel tank and a scrap metal, then a few minutes later I found another scrap metal and a fuel tank and wasn't able to pick either of them up. It only popped a msg "[ANTI-DUPE] You must wait before you can pick up this item." But I waited and it didn't help. No idea how long you gotta wait or if this is just broken in SP.

Well, I'll load your 2.3 file and start a new game anyway.

Good work so far. Cheers~

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Haleks wrote
Updated!

Above, you will want to use the modified player_zombieCheck.sqf file (in the compile folder of the dayz code) to fix the zombies.

Enjoy guys!

Thanks for the heads up! What files have you changed in the code and mission apart from that?
Just so I know what not to mess with now that I merge it with my Napf project?

And again, thank you so much.

Did you save the vehicle? This shouldn't matter in SP, but it could do. I've noticed that anything is possible with code. x)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
I'm not sure if it even gives me the option to save it? @_@
This hasn't happened until now so I have no idea. I'll see if I can replicate the issue.

Oh, yes. They added the save action back, because stuff wouldn't save properly with the "auto save".
And do that. Would be hella shit if the vehicles gets removed on re-load.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Btw, Haleks! I got something spicey for you.

You can add camo to your faces + arma (without addons obviously).

player setface "face0-107_camo(1-8 I think)"

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
Well I just found a vehicle and tried to save it but it didn't give me the save option.
Either way it didn't get removed after loading the save. So maybe I just encountered a rare poké... I mean bug.

So Zeds attack after loading too now, but some other really odd shit just happened. I got an error something about a sound weight_1 not found. And then my character suddenly stopped to lie down on the ground and waited until killed by zombies. What the single fuck???
No warning, nothing, I couldn't do anything about it. This really sucked =/
1 ... 3456789 ... 76