RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

12345678 ... 76

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

mike
yes i did restart. the zed's still chased me but wouldn't attack me.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Haleks
mike wrote
yes i did restart. the zed's still chased me but wouldn't attack me.
I'm looking into it right now!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Kryptic
Right on the problem! only if every "Developer" can do that

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

astocky
I had a couple of people on my channel wondering how to install the SP mod, so I created a video. I said you would be happy to help people having issues. I hope you don't mind.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Haleks, I know I ask for alot of stuff from you.

But can I please use your unlock for Napf? I'm literally stuck.. It wont be using anything else than the unlock, and I'll post it as an Above/Haleks colab.

I don't wanna piss you off or anything, but if you're cool with it, I'd love to use it for Napf.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Cactus
Thank you Haleks.

I'll start a new game using your recommended CoWar modules.  Right now I have SLX_Wounds enabled.  Not sure I want to carry on with SLX-Wounds after sometime with it.  Perhaps a bit too funky for my taste after all.

I'm kitted out with several weapons and doing some extended testing at Elektro.

So far, no problem with AI and zeds re-engaging when I reload savegames.  Full ASR AI enhancements are active.

Have not found any Med boxes or antibiotics at the hospital yet although epi pens and morphine tabs spawned shortly after I ran towards the facility.  I'll try staying in the area for an extended period of time and loot farm the hospital and see how that will pan out.  Found antibiotics on 2 out of 3 bandits killed.

Must say I like the 1.7.7 zeds, despite a lot of outcry from many players.  I guess they are still somewhat shell-shocked that zeds are a real nuisance in this patch.    I still mow them down by the dozens but they appear in general to be much more aggro prone and in many cases more resilient.  I could have sworn I clipped a few with more than two rounds and still they did not go down.  People seem to complain a lot about the frequent amount of knockdowns from zeds.  I keep reloading the same savegame to take on a horde that I cornered and it seems to me you are more likely to get knocked down if you get hit from behind / rear quarter.  If you happen to be running past one who is taking a swing at you and he connects as you run past with your back facing him, chances are good you get knocked down.  But if you are facing them guns-on, or if you leave some space while you negotiate around them it's generally not a problem.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Cactus wrote
[...]

I agree with you about the new patch.

What I like the most gotta be the zombies, then the new items and the new UI. :D

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Havoc
Two man teams are indeed quite common in DayZ, BUT if you code that in, make it a possibility for Bandit Squads to be composed of 5~7 Bandits, since it's also always possible to encounter an entire clan in DayZ.

Not sure if possible but it would be cool for a large squad of bandits to hold down a certain location like the NWAF or Devils Castle.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Anonymous
Hi Haleks,

I am also having the issue where zeds stop attacking after loading a save. I updated my beta patch from 103419 to 103718 and it worked for 2 or 3 save reloads but then started happening again.
The only mods running are @CBA and I have the backpacks4all, landtex and improved helicopter attack pbo's in the Factions addon folder. I have also restarted the mission several times and edited the mission file to add death flies for dead bandits & survivors.

Thank you!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Haleks
Anonymous wrote
Hi Haleks,

I am also having the issue where zeds stop attacking after loading a save. I updated my beta patch from 103419 to 103718 and it worked for 2 or 3 save reloads but then started happening again.
The only mods running are @CBA and I have the backpacks4all, landtex and improved helicopter attack pbo's in the Factions addon folder. I have also restarted the mission several times and edited the mission file to add death flies for dead bandits & survivors.

Thank you!
Yes, something is definitely wrong with one of the zombie files; I've identified the culprit and I've think I've managed to fix it. I still have a couple of things to test; but you can expect the fix to be released this afternoon.

Above wrote
Haleks, I know I ask for alot of stuff from you.

But can I please use your unlock for Napf? I'm literally stuck.. It wont be using anything else than the unlock, and I'll post it as an Above/Haleks colab.

I don't wanna piss you off or anything, but if you're cool with it, I'd love to use it for Napf.
I don't mind at all! You can also use the zeds fix once it is uploaded - what's the point being stuck on this if one of us has already solved it! ^^

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Haleks wrote
[...]

Oh damn, Haleks. I really appriciate it. I thought Napf would never happen. But the 1.7.7 unlock just rumbled me and knocked me on the floor, like the zeds.

I'll wait for the zeds, then!

Thank you so much man, for having that attitude and always being helpful!

*EDIT: List of bugs/features I've noticed in 1.7.7.

1. No blood when bleeding.
2. Thirst (maybe hunger too) goes down super fast).  (I like this one, I could run to Stary from Elektro in 1.7.6.1 without having to drink).

Are those intentional changes, or bugs?

[...]

I don't know about the blood thing; I saw they changed how it works on 1.7.7 - I might have broke it while messing with the player monitor - will check it out.
As for the thirst thing, I think it's a glitch : I've experienced it on other releases as well. For some reason saving & resuming fixes it, but I'd love to know what's causing it...

And about the zeds issue : it was trickier than I thought but I think I have it 100% fixed now. They were running a lot of looping structures to check various conditions in one the sequences - meaning that saving & reloading right in the middle of the script (when Zeds are trying to attack the player) would break it. Took me a while to figure out how to edit the file without breaking something else (at one point I didn't have the hit sounds anymore), but hopefully I did figure it out.
I'm gonna test it a bit more; and possibly update tonight!

I've also made some nice changes to the mission file ;)

[...]

Nice! Yes, I tested today and noticed the zombie issue.

What kind of changes? I'm going ham on the Napf update, I'll improve the stashes abit (not too much). And some shite.

But I lost the 1.7.7 code I had for Napf, so I gotta redo the custom loot coords and the tables. >_<

Can't wait for the zombie fix. :D

I've re-done the bandit squads spawns : they have a chance to spawn pretty much anywhere, and will be composed of 2 or 3 units. It's more random than before; for instance, the bandit squad in elektro won't systematically spawn anymore. There's now two in three chances that a 2 or 3 men team spawns there.
I've also included the R3F realism script and set the weight for all the DayZ items/weapons.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

alexandere99
My is in some weird language and i can't access Singeplayer how do i change language?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

alexandere99
I found the Mission now but it's still in some weird language how do i change that?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

alexandere99
Is there a cheat menu? If there is, how do i bring it up?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

Haleks wrote
Above wrote
Nice! Yes, I tested today and noticed the zombie issue.

What kind of changes? I'm going ham on the Napf update, I'll improve the stashes abit (not too much). And some shite.

But I lost the 1.7.7 code I had for Napf, so I gotta redo the custom loot coords and the tables. >_<

Can't wait for the zombie fix. :D
I've re-done the bandit squads spawns : they have a chance to spawn pretty much anywhere, and will be composed of 2 or 3 units. It's more random than before; for instance, the bandit squad in elektro won't systematically spawn anymore. There's now two in three chances that a 2 or 3 men team spawns there.
I've also included the R3F realism script and set the weight for all the DayZ items/weapons.
Nice! I remember you talking about R3F before, but didn't include it?

Either way, after messing abouts with R3F in BP, I realized that it's a keeper.

I can finally move all the missplaced shit on the map, AND move the burning barrel into my car, so that I don't have to creat 3000 campfires. Also, we don't have to add that to the building script anymore. Mohaha. :D

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

alexandere99 wrote
Is there a cheat menu? If there is, how do i bring it up?

Press "0" twice. (Not the numpad one).

[...]

You're talking about the Artillery and Logistic script by the R3F team ^^
The realsim script they made deals with the player endurance and handles the weight he carries. It was included in DayZ 2017; I used their configs for the tiredness effects by the way : the ones from the original script were way too harsh for Dayz.
12345678 ... 76