RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

1 ... 6789101112 ... 76

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

mp5lng
This post was updated on .
Haleks wrote
saprykheid wrote
Haleks, do you still recommend not to use "asr_ai_sys_aiskill"?
No, I think they work fine - I was confused with a bug from DaiZy :/
so you say we can add the file back with no problems ?

Haleks wrote
mp5lng wrote
here is one creepy bug in the game....i chose the female gender cause i got tired of the male, she got infected and than the "caugh...caugh...caugh" male sound started  ! any way to fix it ?
I will look at it, but I bet they just didn't recorded any sounds for the female character : women are quite left-over in DayZ, they can't even change skin :(
poor girls ! i might try to find something about that, i mean a caughing sound !

EDIT : Female NPCs

Yup, I've been playing with them again for a couple of days and didn't notice any issue ;)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc wrote
Haleks wrote
mp5lng wrote
here is one creepy bug in the game....i chose the female gender cause i got tired of the male, she got infected and than the "caugh...caugh...caugh" male sound started  ! any way to fix it ?
I will look at it, but I bet they just didn't recorded any sounds for the female character : women are quite left-over in DayZ, they can't even change skin :(
Oh they did have female coughing in the previous versions, I'm pretty sure about that.
Maybe I just forgot because I haven't been infected half as many times throughout the entire time in pre-177 as I've been in the past day.
Mmm! Will definitely look into it then!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Haleks wrote
Above wrote
Haleks, the patch is (I would say) 99% bugfree. The only problem is the hunger/thirst. Have you found anything about it? Reloading did not work for me, so I'll start dig into the problem.

Just wanted to drop by and see if you've discovered anything. =)
???
They both work fine for me - even after quitting the game and resuming a save. Just don't go into game options before the UI pops up when you reload (I'll make it appear faster for the update)! As far as I know, that, and saving/resuming while inside a vehicle are the only things wich could break the thirst/hunger features.
No, I meant the fact that your hunger/thirst goes down in like 5 seconds. (Not really) but you're hungry and thirsty in no time.. >_>

Temprature goes down damn fast aswell.

I'm currently throwing one of my eyes at it.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

saprykheid
Guys, the DayZ music very often skips very harsh and starts a new track, do you have the same problems?

Mods I load:
BAF;@PMC;@CBA_CO;@JSRS;@mapPlus;@st_map_auto_brightness;@DaiZyFACTIONS;@KRON_SupportCall;@COWarmodLite

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Above wrote
No, I meant the fact that your hunger/thirst goes down in like 5 seconds. (Not really) but you're hungry and thirsty in no time.. >_>

Temprature goes down damn fast aswell.

I'm currently throwing one of my eyes at it.
Oh, still don't know what's causing this :/
I ended up saving & reloading each time I start a new game.

saprykheid wrote

If I remember correctly, it has always been a problem (except on Namalsk, for some reason) - I don't even know if they play properly in MP to be honest.
I kinda forgot this one since I turn off the music in Arma...

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Haleks wrote
Above wrote
No, I meant the fact that your hunger/thirst goes down in like 5 seconds. (Not really) but you're hungry and thirsty in no time.. >_>

Temprature goes down damn fast aswell.

I'm currently throwing one of my eyes at it.
Oh, still don't know what's causing this :/
I ended up saving & reloading each time I start a new game.

Does that work for you? I've done the same thing, but it doesn't seem to fix it for me. That would be a fair fix, in my opinion.

I've been updating Napf, but I'll dig deeper. I'll share what I can come up with. Changing the timers for hunger/thirst will most likely not change it. Since the timers are original as it is.

I've been updating Napf, but I'll dig deeper. I'll share what I can come up with. Changing the timers for hunger/thirst will most likely not change it. Since the timers are original as it is.
Just a quick thought : do you cap your FPS? On some games, running with a very high framerate can mess with a lot of scripts and/or timer.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Havoc
mp5lng wrote

Haleks wrote
mp5lng wrote
here is one creepy bug in the game....i chose the female gender cause i got tired of the male, she got infected and than the "caugh...caugh...caugh" male sound started  ! any way to fix it ?
I will look at it, but I bet they just didn't recorded any sounds for the female character : women are quite left-over in DayZ, they can't even change skin :(
poor girls ! i might try to find something about that, i mean a caughing sound !

EDIT : Female NPCs
OMG! That! We need this! Please, yes? Haleks? Above? :D
I always play fem chars because I find it unsettling how male characters in ArmA2 start grunting like a walrus after running 10 meters. Seriously. So weird.

Temperature goes down lightning fast for me but only on Narf, not in Factions.
Hunger and Thirst are reasonable. Altho Hunger goes down too fast to be realistic. (You can go quite a while without food irl, it's going without fluids that will kill you fast.)

[...]

I've planned to add female skins, I've just not known where to start, as the original ArmA females need alot of work to work properly.

I'll see if I can get some civillians to work or something.

[...]

So that's where the female skin in 2017 comes from!
I might add her, either as a NPC or a new skin for the player (or both).

And I totally agree with you about the hunger rate : trouble is that DayZ isn't meant to be played 24/24h, they had to tweak it so that the player would have to deal with hunger, even in a 2 or 3 hours session.

EDIT : the one in the middle would fit perfectly!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

mp5lng
Haleks wrote
So that's where the female skin in 2017 comes from!
I might add her, either as a NPC or a new skin for the player (or both).
(both)

Haleks wrote
EDIT : the one in the middle would fit perfectly!
sure she is !
she looks planning to do something terrible !

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

mp5lng
GUYS !

here is the best one to be a bandit leader !....

Military Lady

the one in black !

the one in black !
They were using that character in the previous versions of dayZ 2017, but it's way too glitchy :/

They were using that character in the previous versions of dayZ 2017, but it's way too glitchy :/
Daaamn ! It would've fit the bandit edition perfectly ! Too bad !

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3 [06/14 UPDATED]

Haleks, if you haven't, you might wanna re-write your wear clothes script.

It's not written to give you the skin you had when using a new skin. If that doesn't make sense:

        case "Skin_Camo9_DZ": {
               [dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Camo9_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
        };
Versus

        case "Skin_Camo9_DZ": {
                _model = "Camo9_DZ";
        };

*EDIT: Basically just take the clothing script you made for 1.7.6.1.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

John
This might be a stupid question but I like using cheats but I cant seem to find them, are they there and how do you get them? Can someone help me?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

John wrote
This might be a stupid question but I like using cheats but I cant seem to find them, are they there and how do you get them? Can someone help me?

Press "0" twice (not the numpad 0).

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

John
I do but it doesn't give me any menu, but what is suppose to show up?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.2

mp5lng
John wrote
I do but it doesn't give me any menu, but what is suppose to show up?
i don't think cheat menu is present anymore ! :-p

EDIT : we used to press "0" twice and the cheat options are there, but now there is only "change skin" & "change face".
so either go ahead and suffer the pain or ask haleks to make a mission with cheat menu !
1 ... 6789101112 ... 76