RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7.1 (Colab with Haleks!) [v2.2 *01/07*]

12345678 ... 25

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.0

Blaze wrote
I am currently playing this map and it looks promising. The loot seems to be spawning normal, which is great when you arrive at a town and can get straight to the point of looting. The zombies are the typical DayZ Zombies so we all know that's working correct lol. The bandits are also good to go, but a whole lot spawn at the same time giving the game more PvP feel vice PvE. Overall the map is pretty cool. I have the up most confidence that through trial and error Above and his team will produce another quality DaiZy Sp mission for all of us to enjoy. I'll keep playing the mission and posting my 2 cents on any issues that may arise.

On a side note I am able to spawn the admin pack, but for some reason can't pick it up. If anyone has experience this or found a way to pick it up I would appreciate it the help. Thanks in advance.
Yes, I'll have to tweak the bandits for an update. I just wanna sort the damn hunger/thirst glitch.. :<

And thank you for the feedback, always appreciated! :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

crowbars82 wrote
Hi Above!

Just played a good hour and a half of this. It is nice to have a brand new map I've never played before, and cool to find lots of buildings I can enter!
I really like all the item models being covered in dirt. I don't know if it was just luck on item spawn but every building I went into had a weapon inside and there was a lot of ammo. I was like a kid in a candy store, hehe!
Also I have noticed that my thirst and hunger has been very demanding, as if the levels drop at a 2X rate compared to usual.
Other than that this has been very fun indeed!
I'm glad you like the map, and the items reskins for that matter. I might reskin them again, and add some variety.

And you were lucky, hehe. I usually find a weapon shortly after spawning, but 1-2 tops.

Yes, the thirst and hunger is bugged. :( It works for me sometimes, but then breaks. I'm trying to find out what's causing it.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

MasterNe0 wrote
I picked up the xm2010 camo from a dead survivor and it seems to be bugged. you can't move the scope up or down. It stuck looking straight when using the scope. also I see the muzzle flash animation stuck.
Yes, I know. :P

I just forgot to remove it from the table and everything.

Re: good map, GREAT Retexture!!

severedsoul wrote
Hey, Nice job!! retexture? you are insane!!! I love the retexture!!! i actullay got scared when i encountered the first zombie inside a house, they look new and scary. outstanding man. I know you're still working on it and It deserves your work and ideas in it. I needed that break from all the other maps, and this hits the spot. great job, keep it up. I would like to know more about the ideas you have and the things you work on. Its awesome. Cheers, have a great monday and enjoy your week.
Haha, I glad you liked it. But I only retextures the items. The zombies are from Origins.

Thank you for the feedback! :) I actually got no additional ideas as of now, I just wanna get the hunger/thirst working properly.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Kryptic
Best DaiZy MAP EVER! Above, i think this is the best thing you have ever done in your life! its so good, i can't even explain it. keep up the good work and stay awesome

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Kryptic wrote
Best DaiZy MAP EVER! Above, i think this is the best thing you have ever done in your life! its so good, i can't even explain it. keep up the good work and stay awesome

Haha, thank you for the possitivity.

Guys, about the fast hunger/thirst. Try to remove stra_debug2 + KRON_SupportCall. Those have caused glitches before. I removed mine, and it took 22 min ish until I had to drink, that's the time it takes to run to Stary Sobor on Chernarus, and that's about how long it should take. I don't know if it's fixed forever, though. Because it's been okey before, and then just started glitching again.

If this doesn't solve it, I'll remove every single addon and make sure I get it to work.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

jst2fst
Will you add the option to respawn like DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

jst2fst wrote
Will you add the option to respawn like DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.7 FACTIONS 2.3?

There's already some sort of respawn in this, probably the same.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

jst2fst
say if i have a camp and die can i then respawn and my camp will still be there?

could i find my old body?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

jst2fst wrote
say if i have a camp and die can i then respawn and my camp will still be there?

could i find my old body?

If you can make it back to your body in 10 mins, then yes. Or if you respawn closer than 1000m.

But your camp should still be there. ;D
I haven't asked Haleks about the respawn script. So I might have to remove it.
But I couldn't find where it's getting called, lol.

But I couldn't get the unlock to work on a new mission, I just kept getting errors. So I had to build Napf on his Faction mission and remove as much of his features I could.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Wayne
This post was updated on .
Hi Above,

Love this new map and was playing it straight for around 10 hours yesterday before running into some issues, most of which you already know about, but here's a list anyway :D

 - The spiral staircase on the oil rigs is glitchy and not working. You can't go up them and just kind of merge with the staircase.

 - What the hell is this knockdown crap?! I got shot by an AI with a pistol and then proceeded to roll around on the floor or lie on my back, moaing and screaming all the while...after 7 minutes I had to give up and revert to my last save. That is set waaaay to long. If that was MP I'd been long dead in such a vulnerable position, plus I just couldn't take my dude's bitch arse screaming anymore!

- Around 6 hours in I lost the ability to take clothes from AI. Just vanished from list of options. Which was a bummer as I had gotten myself some really cool gear - my fave being a green t-shirt with a banana dude on it, bucket hat and the most god awful green tartan strides in the history of 1970's American tourist's!

- Around 8 hours in I lost my option to blood-bag myself.

- At the same time yeah my hunger and thirst went and crapped out on me. Not matter what I ate it was not replenishing my blood. No matter what I drank my thirst was not replenished.

- After the initial crazy temperature at the beginning of the game (I got a cough within a minute of my spawn) the Temp was never an issue again and just stay's full red. That, though may have been the update you did, not sure.

- Loot Spawn's are strange...are barracks meant to only spawn ONE loot pile now? 'cos that's all I'm getting. And the C-130's just point blank refuse to spawn atm.

- Did you do something intentionally to the admin pack to make it non moveable? If so, cool, I don't really care, I'd just like to know.

- The current building script is kinda horrid...can't place anything exactly where you want it and it takes soooo long to build stuff. Took 12 minutes to erect a watch tower and a water pump. Ironically I almost died from thirst in the process hahaha!

Keep working on it I'm really enjoying this map and have faith in you in fix these little niggles. Oh, yeah, tone down the amount of AI spawns please. As someone else remarked its too PvP at present. Can't even loot the bad guy corpses in peace without some bugger shooting me in the arse!

New Idea's for all that unfinished land - how about a race track/stunt park with ramps and jumps just to dick around in? I'm thinking sorta Lingor/Panthera...and some of those juicey weeds maybe...dotted around here and there? but, of course get all them niggles ironed out first :)

PS love those origins vehicles and zombies..the Wheeled Titanic has kept me alive from those pesky bandits shooting the crap out me on numerous occasions :D

EDIT: Oh, btw someone said that the weather was unchanging in this..well I had a cracking thunder and lightning storm after 3 hours or so that went on for 20 minutes or so.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Wayne wrote
[...]

Hello, Wayne!

- The staircase on the oilrig is something I can't fix, it's modelling and stuff involved that I have never tried. Btw, it's funny, because Rocket made those Oilrigs. Haha.

- The knock down, the one caused by zombies was implemented in 1.7.7. Face the zombies and it will be less of a problem.

- I'll have to test this, I haven't lost my options so far, after reloads + a fair emount of time playing. The "Take clothing" script has been glitchy in 1.7.7 since I implemented it, though.

- This is also strange, I have yet to see it. :S

- Yes, I've also noticed how the temp at spawn goes blue straight away, and then goes back to red when you start playing. This is trange because this is now using the regular temprature. This might also be related to the hunger/thirst error that people have been reporting. I thought that the hunger/thirst was caused by KRON_SupportCall, but it wasn't because I just tried now without it. The first time you launch the mission, hunger etc works perfectly. But it fucks up on reload, I really don't know why. But I'll hopefully find out soon. >_<

- Yup, all the loot is way more rare in 1.7.7. So you wont just be handed AS50's and everything at spawn! It's time to actually fight for gear! :D

- No, I did not change anything regarding Loki's Lost key. Nor do I really worry about additional addons.

- The building script is.... special? I'v managed to place stuff properly, you just gotta slow-walk and you'll be fine. However the timer have been abit messy for me, too. Sometimes, the timer will start as soon as I stop moving, and sometimes it'll be a bitch and wait even longer.

And about the bandits, you shouldn't be able to loot people in peace, ever! :D BUT, they are to many as of now. And I will reduce them. The thing is that I wanna fix the hunger/thirst before I update this. So that I can just do everything at the same time and finally have a working mission.

AND ANOTHER THING. Many of those errors could and are most likely caused by additional addons, 1.7.7 seem to reject alot of scripts/mods and/or not work properly with them.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Wayne
Yeah that's cool no worries.

It's probably the update that's stopping the admin pack. Some sort of backpack anti-hack? Kinda make's sense the dev's would not want you getting your hands on that! I've noticed the same with trying to spawn a Coyote backpack.

As for the knockdown - I've yet to be knocked down by a zombie, just the gun toting AI on three occasion's. I wish they would have left some sort of timer in there like before. Again, in theory its a great idea but it does not work properly atm...like I got shot by an AKS and was down for a couple of minutes, then downed by a M9 pistol and rolling around for 7 minutes plus...that's not right. I rather the AI had killed me outright as listening to my pansy man scream and moan is an exercise in aural terrorism to say the least!

Ok, so loot is rare - I'm cool with that and at least I know now. Just thought it was me and my ghetto rig PC that wasn't spawning stuff right...although on second thoughts it probably is my ghetto rig as I'm having a hard time with loot spawning on this very large map.

Hahaha as for a bit of peace and quiet I guess I got too used to mooching about on your BreakingPoint map rarely seeing (but hearing) the bandits around me. But with so many crack shot AI's around you hardly get any time to take a breather and with so many around you shooting it's way hard to get a bead on direction of the shots fired before you're down and out...I was using bloodbags like a smack head uses heroin and that was fine until I lost the option to do so :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Wayne wrote
Yeah that's cool no worries.

It's probably the update that's stopping the admin pack. Some sort of backpack anti-hack? Kinda make's sense the dev's would not want you getting your hands on that! I've noticed the same with trying to spawn a Coyote backpack.

YES! That's exacly what it is (I'm pretty sure). I've seen something about it! That would be easy to just add the classname, though.

Wayne wrote
As for the knockdown - I've yet to be knocked down by a zombie, just the gun toting AI on three occasion's. I wish they would have left some sort of timer in there like before. Again, in theory its a great idea but it does not work properly atm...like I got shot by an AKS and was down for a couple of minutes, then downed by a M9 pistol and rolling around for 7 minutes plus...that's not right. I rather the AI had killed me outright as listening to my pansy man scream and moan is an exercise in aural terrorism to say the least!
Oh, I've yet to see this. Only zombies has knocked me down so far. I've been passed out by pistols on MP, though. It's not common though. I'll keep my eye open.

Wayne wrote
Ok, so loot is rare - I'm cool with that and at least I know now. Just thought it was me and my ghetto rig PC that wasn't spawning stuff right...although on second thoughts it probably is my ghetto rig as I'm having a hard time with loot spawning on this very large map.
Well, it could be your rig too, but loot was GREATLY decreased. I've also gone to the crashed C130's and only found 1 slot of loot. I really like that it is like this, though. I hate having everything too fast in SP. You need something to do, in my opinion.

Wayne wrote
Hahaha as for a bit of peace and quiet I guess I got too used to mooching about on your BreakingPoint map rarely seeing (but hearing) the bandits around me. But with so many crack shot AI's around you hardly get any time to take a breather and with so many around you shooting it's way hard to get a bead on direction of the shots fired before you're down and out...I was using bloodbags like a smack head uses heroin and that was fine until I lost the option to do so :D
Oh yes, they're too common for sure. I ain't taking that from you. It's strange though, because it should be the same amount as BP. I'll balance them, still. Because they're really stacking, now. Haha.

But again, though. I wanna fix the hunger/thirst issue first. I'll  then update everything at the same time. But I really wanna fix the thirst/hunger, so that the mission is working at least. Then I got all time in the world for improvements.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Wayne
Above wrote
Well, it could be your rig too, but loot was GREATLY decreased. I've also gone to the crashed C130's and only found 1 slot of loot. I really like that it is like this, though. I hate having everything too fast in SP. You need something to do, in my opinion.
That's a fair assessment...got lazy with BP need to step my game back up and go into sneaky stealth MP mode...no more running around talking to the animals and toying with the local population!

Plus I'm doing my level best right to save up for a brand spanking new gaming rig :)

Above wrote
Oh yes, they're too common for sure. I ain't taking that from you. It's strange though, because it should be the same amount as BP. I'll balance them, still. Because they're really stacking, now. Haha.
Yeah I did a little test on both maps using the ESP cheat. On BP there would only be a max of three or four AI around me. And with the forests and other obstacles they were never often in a position o get a bead on me.

On Napf atm it's like eight or 10 with around half at 600m or less and with so much open ground they are certainly using my backside as target practice!

Above wrote
Word :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Wayne wrote
That's a fair assessment...got lazy with BP need to step my game back up and go into sneaky stealth MP mode...no more running around talking to the animals and toying with the local population!
Hahaha!

Wayne wrote
Plus I'm doing my level best right to save up for a brand spanking new gaming rig :)
I wouldn't mind a better computer either. Mine was outdated a couple of years ago, haha.

Wayne wrote
Yes, now that I think of it, I think the bandit numbers on Napf are set way higher. I haven't actually looked into it. It needs a nerf, nontheless. :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

crowbars82
Above wrote
I'm glad you like the map, and the items reskins for that matter. I might reskin them again, and add some variety.

And you were lucky, hehe. I usually find a weapon shortly after spawning, but 1-2 tops.

Yes, the thirst and hunger is bugged. :( It works for me sometimes, but then breaks. I'm trying to find out what's causing it.
One other thing I forgot to ask... is it possible to remove the debug monitor at all? I've seen in other maps that it slowly fades away after a minute or so after pressing insert, but insert brought up the journal instead now.

There are 2 missions in your zip-file: DaiZyNapfTimecycle.napf.pbo and DaiZyNapf.napf.pbo. I chose to use the one with Time Cycle because that said to me that the other mission didn't have Time Cycle. Does the DaiZyNapf.napf.pbo cycle time normally? As DaiZyNapfTimecycle.napf.pbo seems to cycle time like Origins (which I am not a fan of)... BUT I did wonder if the thirst and hunger was linked to the faster time cycling, which is why you have to take a drink every 10 minutes of play?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Wayne
A thought occurs to me on the Bandit issue...would it be at all possible to have higher AI spawns in more built up town/city locales or military area's and then have way less in rural/forested area's?

I like the idea of have to sneak around and get into firefights in more built up area's so that I get the adrenaline rush feeling that I am having to fight for my right to party (find the good loot) and then go to the arse end of nowhere and encounter way less AI marauders rather than just having a fixed amount around me at all times?

Just an idea...kick me in the balls and call me Susan if it's not possible or something you'd rather just not happen on this map :P

[...]

The one mission that is not called timecycle is without the Origins-type timecycle.

And it is not linked to that, it happens in both missions. I'm currently redoing EVERY damn thing in order to fix this motherfucker.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Wayne wrote
A thought occurs to me on the Bandit issue...would it be at all possible to have higher AI spawns in more built up town/city locales or military area's and then have way less in rural/forested area's?

I like the idea of have to sneak around and get into firefights in more built up area's so that I get the adrenaline rush feeling that I am having to fight for my right to party (find the good loot) and then go to the arse end of nowhere and encounter way less AI marauders rather than just having a fixed amount around me at all times?

Just an idea...kick me in the balls and call me Susan if it's not possible or something you'd rather just not happen on this map :P

That's an awesome idea, I also noticed how pretty much every trigger is a low-tier AI trigger. This is mainly because most of the cities got no military spawns (apart from firestations). So on MP, not many high-end players would be there. Or well, they all would go back there when they've been to the airfield.

I'm currently redoing the whole mission and the code. I'll make sure to add more high-end triggers. And keep the low-tier AI to the smaller towns.
12345678 ... 25