RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7.1 (Colab with Haleks!) [v2.2 *01/07*]

1234567 ... 25

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

Okey, I've now tested both. And both got EXACT 1.10 min until the first "stage" on thirst. Both on max sprint + 4x speedboost.

I really don't know what else to tell you.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

Havoc
Yea the Jump is better, the combat roll is absolutely useless imho.
I don't know about the thirst and hunger... maybe it's just imagination. I'll mess around with the code for both to make something that I'm comfortable with @_@

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

Havoc wrote
Yea the Jump is better, the combat roll is absolutely useless imho.
I don't know about the thirst and hunger... maybe it's just imagination. I'll mess around with the code for both to make something that I'm comfortable with @_@
I tried doing both hunger and thirst the double value. It felt more like the older releases.

But I had the glitch too, before. Because I went from half-orange to flashing red in a second.
It's not like that now. Perhaps update EVERYTHING to 1.4? If you haven't.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

Havoc
Above wrote
Havoc wrote
Yea the Jump is better, the combat roll is absolutely useless imho.
I don't know about the thirst and hunger... maybe it's just imagination. I'll mess around with the code for both to make something that I'm comfortable with @_@
I tried doing both hunger and thirst the double value. It felt more like the older releases.

But I had the glitch too, before. Because I went from half-orange to flashing red in a second.
It's not like that now. Perhaps update EVERYTHING to 1.4? If you haven't.
Yea I updated everything anyway. Replaced the Mission file and started a new game.

I've just made

if (_refObj == player) then {
                _thirst = (_speed + 4) + 1; //Instead of *3
        };
        dayz_thirst = dayz_thirst + (_thirst / 90) //instead of /60 although I have no idea what this does XD

Btw maybe take a look at the bandit spawn trigger around Olten.

Seriously... I approached the village, went into the building at the east bridge and all hell broke loose.
Usually I try to locate a shooter by sound, but there were gunshots all around me. I sat on the roof and started picking the bandits off, they were all killing each other and I was picking off the survivors. Some tried to shoot me but were then shot from behind and they kept and spawning and spawning until I decided to clear a path and get the hell out of there, across the bridge.

The beaches and streets were littered with corpses. I killed 3 more bandits after crossing the bridge. It was a goddamn massacre.
I spent 4 full clips of my DMR and rarely missed. That's 80 bullets worth of death. I only had to bail because I was running out of ammo.
What the hell went wrong(or right) there?

[...]

The code you changed is unrelated. Since this had speedhandlers in it, I was sure it was the cause of the glitch. But I realized it wasn't. And this is in the old code aswell, the exact same code (I'm pretty sure, I only overlooked it).

What you wanna change is z/dayz_code/init/variables. And then look for the hunger/thirst timers. You might wanna just up them a small bit. I upped them double, and it took years. I'd say give both 200 and test from there.

And about the bandit triggers, they only respawn if you change skin (sometimes) or cross the trigger repeatedly. I'll check the trigger, though. It might be in a shitty possition where you unintentionally re-enter it over and over.

I'll take a look at the bandit script too, it's really balanced for Chernarus, but Chernarus got more forest. This map is open, so they're all revealed more often.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

Havoc
In which file am I looking for it?

I'm not gonna lie, that bandit massacre was awesome! :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

saprykheid
I can confirm, the timescale version has freezes, maybe once every 30 seconds for a second.

I have a question, are you using some dynamic weather e.g. like the Rübe weather engine or just the linear inbuilt weather forecast? Some variation in weather would be nice.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Havoc
Yea I've actually never witnessed any change in weather.

BTW I messed about with code now my thirst goes from full to empty in about 40 seconds XD

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

saprykheid wrote
I can confirm, the timescale version has freezes, maybe once every 30 seconds for a second.

I have a question, are you using some dynamic weather e.g. like the Rübe weather engine or just the linear inbuilt weather forecast? Some variation in weather would be nice.
I'm using the built in DayZ one.

And Havoc, I said "z/dayz_code/init/variables". :P Variables.sqf. I'm messing around with this now, though. Because my hunger/thirst does also mess up after a while. >_>

It makes no damn sense, and I wish it was 100% working.. I'll have to solve it this way for now. I'll upload an update when I'm 100% pleased with the results.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Havoc
Right! I got it now, thanks :P

BTW while I was at it I fixed the UH-1H problem. You can now repair it with scrap metal.

They changed how parts for repairing are categorized and forgot to set one for the hull.

it's in dayz_code\Configs\CfgVehicles\RepairParts.hpp

just add:
class HitHull {
part = "PartGeneric";
};

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Havoc wrote
Right! I got it now, thanks :P

BTW while I was at it I fixed the UH-1H problem. You can now repair it with scrap metal.

They changed how parts for repairing are categorized and forgot to set one for the hull.

it's in dayz_code\Configs\CfgVehicles\RepairParts.hpp

just add:
class HitHull {
part = "PartGeneric";
};

Thanks, will add that. =)

Also gonna try 1.7.6.1 for a while to see what's up with the thirst.

Oh wait, they wrote somewhere in the patchnotes that eating/drinking much will have a negative effect. That might be why it's going shittier for each X minutes of playtime.

Oh wait, they wrote somewhere in the patchnotes that eating/drinking much will have a negative effect. That might be why it's going shittier for each X minutes of playtime.
Not a negative effect, diminishing effects. So the more you eat the less blood you regain from the food. Because food doesn't just add to blood, it adds to a blood regen pool which fills up. Once it's depleted you can eat again with full blood regeneration effect.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Sb8i
True that timecycle map has a small annoying freeze ,but that happens at the beggining after a while ingame it went off and i was glad.

Edit: if you are using zombieshield make sure you clean up dead bodies.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

Havoc
So I messed around with basically everything that had something to do with thirst to no avail.
It seems completely random how fast thirst depletes. Sometimes I can run a km before it drops one level and sometimes it goes from full to zero in about 30 seconds.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.0

MasterNe0
I managed to remove the lines as from your other post:
I guess you're using the updated buidling script. It's up to you : you can deactivate in the init (you also will have to remove the custom fn_selfactions file).
If you want to clean your mission file of it, you will have to remove those lines from description.ext :
#include "build_recipe_dialog.hpp"
#include "build_recipe_list_dialog.hpp"
and delete the buildRecipeBook folder.
You can use it if you want; I've put quite some work in it, it might as well be used on more releases...

However when I try to run the map, it will say the description.ext line 38:
/dayz_loadingscreen/controlsbackground.blackbg: undefined base class 'rsctext' and the game would crash.

Any ideas? I just removed the #included part in the first 3 lines of the description.ext file.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.0

Haleks
MasterNe0 wrote
I managed to remove the lines as from your other post:
I guess you're using the updated buidling script. It's up to you : you can deactivate in the init (you also will have to remove the custom fn_selfactions file).
If you want to clean your mission file of it, you will have to remove those lines from description.ext :
#include "build_recipe_dialog.hpp"
#include "build_recipe_list_dialog.hpp"
and delete the buildRecipeBook folder.
You can use it if you want; I've put quite some work in it, it might as well be used on more releases...

However when I try to run the map, it will say the description.ext line 38:
/dayz_loadingscreen/controlsbackground.blackbg: undefined base class 'rsctext' and the game would crash.

Any ideas? I just removed the #included part in the first 3 lines of the description.ext file.
Try to overwrite whatever is in the description.ext file inside your mission with this:
/*
        if ((Player getVariable "SpareTime") > 0) then {...
*/

        respawn = "BASE";
        respawndelay = 5;
        onLoadMission= "";
        OnLoadIntro = "";
        OnLoadIntroTime = False;
        OnLoadMissionTime = False;
        disabledAI = 0;
        disableChannels[]={};
        enableItemsDropping = 0;
        loadScreen = "img\daizy.paa";

        class Header
        {
         gameType = COOP;
         minPlayers = 1;
         maxPlayers = 100;
        };

        aiKills = 1;
        diagRadio = 1;
        diagHit = 1;

        class RscText
        {
                type = 0;
                idc = -1;
                x = 0;
                y = 0;
                h = 0.037;
                w = 0.3;
                style = 0x100;
                font = Zeppelin32;
                SizeEx = 0.03921;
                colorText[] = {1,0,0,"0.6+0.4"};
                colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};
                linespacing = 1;
        };
        class RscPicture
        {
                access=0;
                type=0;
                idc=-1;
                style=48;
                colorBackground[]={0,0,0,0};
                colorText[]={1,1,1,1};
                font="TahomaB";
                sizeEx=0;
                lineSpacing=0;
                text="";
        };
        class RscLoadingText : RscText
        {
                style = 2;
                x = 0.323532;
                y = 0.666672;
                w = 0.352944;
                h = 0.039216;
                sizeEx = 0.03921;
                colorText[] = {1,0,0,"0.6+0.4"};
        };
        class RscProgress
        {
                x = 0.344;
                y = 0.619;
                w = 0.313726;
                h = 0.0261438;
                texture = "\ca\ui\data\loadscreen_progressbar_ca.paa";
                colorFrame[] = {0,0,0,0};
                colorBar[] = {1,1,1,1};
        };
        class RscProgressNotFreeze
        {
                idc = -1;
                type = 45;
                style = 0;
                x = 0.022059;
                y = 0.911772;
                w = 0.029412;
                h = 0.039216;
                texture = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0)";
        };
        class DayZ_loadingScreen
        {
        idd = -1;
        duration = 10e10;
        fadein = 0;
        fadeout = 0;
        name = "loading screen";
        class controlsBackground
        {
                class blackBG : RscText
                {
                        x = safezoneX;
                        y = safezoneY;
                        w = safezoneW;
                        h = safezoneH;
                        colorText[] = {1,0,0,"0.6+0.4"};
                        colorBackground[] = {0,0,0,1};
                        text = "";
                };
                class nicePic : RscPicture
                {
                        style = 48 + 0x800; // ST_PICTURE + ST_KEEP_ASPECT_RATIO
                        x = safezoneX + safezoneW/2 - 0.25;
                        y = safezoneY + safezoneH/2 - 0.2;
                        w = 0.5;
                        h = 0.4;
                        text = "img\daizy.paa";
                };
        };
        class controls
        {
                class Title1 : RscLoadingText
                {
                        colorText[] = {1,0,0,"0.6+0.4"};
                        text = "$STR_LOADING"; // "Loading" text in the middle of the screen
                };
                class CA_Progress : RscProgress // progress bar, has to have idc 104
                {
                        idc = 104;
                        type = 8; // CT_PROGRESS
                        style = 0; // ST_SINGLE
                        texture = "\ca\ui\data\loadscreen_progressbar_ca.paa";
                };
                class CA_Progress2 : RscProgressNotFreeze // progress bar that will go reverse
                {
                        idc = 103;
                };
                class Name2: RscText // the text on the top-left
                {
                        idc = 101;
                        x = 0.05;
                        y = 0.029412;
                        w = 0.9;
                        h = 0.04902;
                        colorText[] = {1,0,0,"0.6+0.4"};
                        text = "";
                        sizeEx = 0.05;
                };
        };
};
It's the one I was using before implementing the new building script, so it should work. If it doesn't, you can use a description file from any generated mission for MP.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.0

Blaze
I am currently playing this map and it looks promising. The loot seems to be spawning normal, which is great when you arrive at a town and can get straight to the point of looting. The zombies are the typical DayZ Zombies so we all know that's working correct lol. The bandits are also good to go, but a whole lot spawn at the same time giving the game more PvP feel vice PvE. Overall the map is pretty cool. I have the up most confidence that through trial and error Above and his team will produce another quality DaiZy Sp mission for all of us to enjoy. I'll keep playing the mission and posting my 2 cents on any issues that may arise.

On a side note I am able to spawn the admin pack, but for some reason can't pick it up. If anyone has experience this or found a way to pick it up I would appreciate it the help. Thanks in advance.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

crowbars82
Hi Above!

Just played a good hour and a half of this. It is nice to have a brand new map I've never played before, and cool to find lots of buildings I can enter!
I really like all the item models being covered in dirt. I don't know if it was just luck on item spawn but every building I went into had a weapon inside and there was a lot of ammo. I was like a kid in a candy store, hehe!
Also I have noticed that my thirst and hunger has been very demanding, as if the levels drop at a 2X rate compared to usual.
Other than that this has been very fun indeed!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.4 *Updated 16/06*

MasterNe0
I picked up the xm2010 camo from a dead survivor and it seems to be bugged. you can't move the scope up or down. It stuck looking straight when using the scope. also I see the muzzle flash animation stuck.

good map, GREAT Retexture!!

severedsoul
Hey, Nice job!! retexture? you are insane!!! I love the retexture!!! i actullay got scared when i encountered the first zombie inside a house, they look new and scary. outstanding man. I know you're still working on it and It deserves your work and ideas in it. I needed that break from all the other maps, and this hits the spot. great job, keep it up. I would like to know more about the ideas you have and the things you work on. Its awesome. Cheers, have a great monday and enjoy your week.
1234567 ... 25