RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7.1 (Colab with Haleks!) [v2.2 *01/07*]

123456 ... 25
ste

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.1 *Updated 15/06*

ste
Also, the 404 error when trying to download, that's strange. What browser are you using?

me? i was using a download plugin in firefox, when i used the default downloader i had no issues.

i like the look of the map.. but i only played for 20 minutes and had to go out
right now im drunk.. and wont get back to napf till tomorrow

lokis lost key.. the admin backpack will only open, theres no pick up / take option

thanks for making another sp adventure! :-) looking forward to finding my way around

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.1 *Updated 15/06*

ste wrote
Also, the 404 error when trying to download, that's strange. What browser are you using?

me? i was using a download plugin in firefox, when i used the default downloader i had no issues.

i like the look of the map.. but i only played for 20 minutes and had to go out
right now im drunk.. and wont get back to napf till tomorrow

lokis lost key.. the admin backpack will only open, theres no pick up / take option

thanks for making another sp adventure! :-) looking forward to finding my way around
Oh, I'm glad it worked out. If you want a bug-free version, though. You'll have to download another 1.X gigs. D;

And no worries, I hope you enjoy it. :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.1 *Updated 15/06*

Havoc
Above wrote
So as a shorter reply of what I'm thinking.

What will I do to make you a little bit happier?

- I'll add more industrial to the spawning locations that doesn't have any.
- I have most likely fixed the hunger/thirst problem. And temp should also be more balanced (still testing).
- I'll upload another additional code in the update, where you have the regular warm weather system.
Well, I totally get your point. And I don't really mind a challenge, and since you can speed up time x4 in SP, it's not really about transportation for me, rather about the mobile stash for stuff. I usually see ground vehicles as just a means to get stuff to a location where to build up a camp, from there fix up a helo and use that for raiding cities and bringing loot back to the base.

I'll try 1.2 soon and see how hunger/thirst work for me. The cold isn't really that big of a problem, only at the start, it's quite easy to stack up on heat packs once you got started, and once you have a vehicle it's completely redundant. It's just irritating because it beats you down at the beginning before you can even do anything about it, and usually results in an infection before you can get your hands on any antibiotics.

Thirst is currently the most annoying thing for me, since it depletes super fast and drains blood like a starving vampire. With this DayZ turned into "Don't Starve". It puts too much focus onto constantly drinking and eating and not so much onto zombie/bandit killing and such.

You shouldn't have to stray from your original vision for the mod, I respect that and as you said, I will adapt.
As long as hunger/thirst is fixed I'll be happy XD
Maybe if Haleks figured out how to give Bandits that 12000 blood you could make killing them more rewarding with more rare loot.

But it really seems that the experience is completely different for every player.
I usually get tons of Antibiotics and Blood Packs, and I haven't entered a single Hospital. (from Bandits)
But then again I've never found a single Scrap Metal, after searching every industrial building.
I guess everything is up to luck anyway.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.1 *Updated 15/06*

Havoc wrote
[...]

Bad news, I've now spent about 8 hours uploading to 2shared, only to get an error message at 100% that they were talking shit about the 2gig limit.... I'll have to find a better site now. -.-

And I agree with everything you said. I did find scrap medal in my first building when testing the hunger/thirst (wich seems better now without change). I'll still have to fix it 100%.

(According to Haleks, you can just suspend and come back to fix hunger/thirst). Give that a try.

EDIT* It gotta be DepositFiles again... I really can't find anything that works for 2gigs. I'm sorry about this, but at least every update after this will be mediafire, and below 100mb.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.1 *Updated 15/06*

jst2fst
why not make a dropbox and upload it straight to that and make the files public and give the link?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.1 *Updated 15/06*

jst2fst wrote
why not make a dropbox and upload it straight to that and make the files public and give the link?
You need to pay for dropbox if the files are bigger than 300mb.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.1 *Updated 15/06*

jst2fst
What about mega.co.nz its the new megaupload

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.1 *Updated 15/06*

jst2fst wrote
What about mega.co.nz its the new megaupload
Seems to work. I'll let my DepositFiles finnish, and then update with the Mega link if it works.

Also, I need more time with the hunger/thirst problem. It seems fair sometimes, and sometimes it's just shit. I'm working on it, though.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

Tango33
it wont let me download for another hour, i downloaded the first file at noon and it was broken. just letting ya know, cant wait to play guess i will try tomorrow . have a good night

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

Megaupload mirror. Should work better.

*EDIT: I'm also 99% sure I've fixed the hunger/thirst issue. I've been on half drink for a damn long time now.

*EDIT2: I've now gone on MP to see the hunger/thirst speed. And they're the same. I'll update soon.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.0

MasterNe0
Is it possible to remove the building recipe? I don't like it personally and been trying to figure out a way to remove all the code.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.0

Hmmm, I'm not sure where the BreakingPoint building scripts are, or I don't remember.

But go open the mission file and look for init.sqf. In there, look for a section that says something about building, and then basically just delete that and you should be good to go.

*EDIT: I just realized that this isn't BreakingPoint.....

This release shouldn't have a building script in the first place. >_>

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

saprykheid
Hi, this may be a normal DayZ question. My character is permanently coughing, what do I need?
This is tooo much IMO. The coughing is too often because he does it without a break.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

saprykheid wrote
Hi, this may be a normal DayZ question. My character is permanently coughing, what do I need?
This is tooo much IMO. The coughing is too often because he does it without a break.
You either get antibiotics or respawn. Be sure to download the update, (v1.4 is current).

Here's a link to the update v1.4

v1.4 changes:

- A few more "heli" (C-130) crashes.
- Added way more barrels that you can cook on and put in your car.
- Stashes (added in 1.7.7) got more slots.
- More buildings. (More hospitals/industrial).
- Take skins off of dead AI. (Might delete the body in 1.7.7).

Anyone using @dfs_stanceindicator? I usually use it because I play 1st person only. But with DayZNapf the stance indicator never changes, ideas?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

saprykheid wrote
Anyone using @dfs_stanceindicator? I usually use it because I play 1st person only. But with DayZNapf the stance indicator never changes, ideas?

Alot of stuff is not compatible with 1.7.7, wich sucks. :<

I've noticed R3F beeing jerky, and the "take clothing from dead AI" us not working as intended (the body disappears).

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

Havoc
Sup!

So a night of sleep and we're at 1.4 already? Neat!
And you uploaded to mega <3 yaaay. A least they let me download with 1.6 Mb/s... should be done in a couple of minutes.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Napf 1.7.7 (Colab with Haleks!). v1.2 *Updated 16/06*

Havoc wrote
Sup!

So a night of sleep and we're at 1.4 already? Neat!
And you uploaded to mega <3 yaaay. A least they let me download with 1.6 Mb/s... should be done in a couple of minutes.

Yup, I was told to. And I'm really pleased with the result. I might stick to Mega for bigger uploads. (But as I promised, every update will be small from now on).

And yes, if you use the missions without timecycle (I'll remove them in the next update) hunger and thirst are equal to 1.7.7 MP. But I think they changed it, because it feels faster online too. But whatever, at least it's fair now.

I'll update again, though. Haha. I'm removing R3F for now, because you can't view vehicle content. >_>

[...]

Good! I didn't like R3F anyway.
Yea Hunger and Thirst still feel way too fast, seriously I once almost died because of thirst, it went down so quickly I only noticed because shit was all black and white all of a sudden, and I noticed it drained me down to 6000 blood. Never happened to me pre-177. I did resume btw.
Temperature is fixed tho! :D

I can't really play missions with Timecycle because every time the time cycles, the game freezes for me for a second. And if there is anything I hate most, it's stuttering and freezing in my games.

So a few things I got from 1.4:
In general on the map, there is a stair at 090048 that will kill you.
It leads into a factory building, you can clip into it, and if you then vault, it will start draining your blood really really fast.

The gray block buildings, the small ones and large ones, don't spawn any loot at all still. Bad luck?
The raw unfinished "in construction" apartment buildings don't spawn any loot. They have 6 apartments each with 2 rooms per apartment so I searched like 24 rooms without a single loot pile. Bad luck again?

Origins vehicles work even in completely red condition. No need to repair them apparently. Applies to Origins Truck and Pickup as far as I've found out. My pickup even got shot at and still worked afterwards.

Now onto another thing:
What's up with that combat roll? How does it trigger? It seems every time I want to vault a fence my tard character instead headbutts it. EVERY TIME. But when I run around and wanna combat roll she does a retarded jump instead. Can we get rid of that roll and get some consistency into this? It takes forever to get over a fence like this and can be quite shit when you're being followed by a horde of zombies or bullets.

There is that other vaulting animation which is super nice and fast. Let's just keep that.

[...]

The thirst and hunger really seems fair to me. It DOES feel faster, though. But I'm using the timer on my phone atm to compare.

And yes, I removed the cold weather. It's summer in Napf now!

The gray block buildings are the ones I was talking about, the ones the author of the map added doesn't spawn loot. But the ones I've added does. (Those are the ones I told you to check anyways because they could be mine, I've added quite a few.

The appartments DOES spawn loot. THAT is lack of luck, for sure.

The reason you can drive some of the Origins vehicles even though they're red is because:
1. You can drive any vehicle with a red engine.
2. The wheels are green, they just show as red because I've added damagehandlers for 6 wheels, when they only got 4. So the 2 extra that doesn't excist, makes it look red. I thought the trucks had 6 wheels. :D

But I'll fix this, it only occures on trucks.

About the combat roll (I personally prefer the SMK  "jump"), Haleks fixed the combat roll to always work. I would just resume before, to have the SMK jump all the time. I might remove the combat roll fix. But I don't know yet, might aswell have it working. You'll have to get used to the delay.

I'll comment agian about the drink timer. I'm currently testing Napf now. The result of the old patch was 1.10 min while running full speed with 4x speedboost. I'll do the exact same thing for Napf and see what we get.
123456 ... 25