RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

1 ... 70717273747576

Re: AI loot and zombies

defektiv
I've seen the loot/zombie spawn issue. I've found that if you sleep in a tent occasionally you can keep it from happening. Also, if you interrupt the sleep action before the autosave happens, the loot spawn script seems to stop. I thought it was a script leak at first because my save files were growing to be over 200 MB each and then script services would start lagging badly. Harvesting wood would never complete, the 30 second build actions were taking 9-12 minutes to finish, etc. But ever since I stripped mods down to just CBA and CoWar and started sleeping in a tent regularly, I haven't seen the spawn issue. However if you run or drive up on spawn points too quickly, the loot will not spawn there until you sleep in a tent again. The only other thing I noticed is that the survivor NPCs sometimes get stuck in a loop where they are standing up and going prone repeatedly. I think its agro related because if you break line-of-sight with them and go prone, they break out of the loop and continue normally.

Overall, still way better than DayZ MP.

Re: AI loot and zombies

peki1990
When i use time speed up 4x and drive vehicles too fast often happen that loot and zombies stop spawning. I suspected that it has something to do with spawn point. Don't know how to fix this at the moment and i just wanna play the game so badly. :)

anyway i edited Dayz_code.pbo and restored menus on map screen so you can equip weapons and ammo in to survivor AI inventory. http://www.mediafire.com/download/pp441spgbx2xlf1/dayz_code.rar.

and if you want mission.pbo with Above Dayz X cheat menu let me know.

Re: AI loot and zombies

defektiv
I spent about 8 hours last night on a new playthrough. Harvesting wood and anything related to building (opening menu, scrolling through the options and the actual building) starts lagging and slowly gets worse until you cannot use the options successfully anymore. I even start losing FPS on really long plays. I've seen this happen in WLA for ArmA 3 and it went away when they did the Zeus update. Is this a native issue with the ArmA 2 engine and missions with really long play times? So far I haven't seen it happen at all on Namalsk Factions and I've been on the same playthrough there for a long time.

Re: AI loot and zombies

Munnster
I have the same issue, i was flying a heli and when i got to cherno no loot or zombies. Hope someone might be able to figure it out.  peki1990  that would be great to have the Dayz X cheat menu if you can do it. Thanks

Re: AI loot and zombies

peki1990
Here you go DaiZy_Factions_3.0 [Walking Zeds + Car Patrols].Chernarus.pbo with towing and lift script,auto refuel script, vehicle part salvage script and Dayz X cheat menu (some cheats don't work)  enjoy and happy scavanging :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aw11sbf6oa5jrym/DaiZy_Factions_3.0+%5BWalking+Zeds+%2B+Car+Patrols%5D.Chernarus.rar

P.S. for loot and zombie not spawning problem tip1: don't use speed up time command ( - and + ) don't drive too fast. i Hope someone find the solution for this problem soon i'm dying to play it.

Re: AI loot and zombies

defektiv
I'll check that out as soon as I'm done with this playthrough on DayZ X. For some reason that problem never appears in X but does in almost all of them that use the build script this one uses. X doesn't have the Walking Zed, though and instead has a lot more of the fast zeds. I really like the Walking Zed option. Zombies are just annoying when they're flying around you and agroing across the map. The walking ones in this mod wait for you to get comfortable around them and then all the sudden you find yourself trapped in a building with 1 door and 2 or more of them in your way.

Re: AI loot and zombies

Munnster
peki1990  thanks very much.

Re: AI loot and zombies

peki1990
Yeah i don't like default zeds so i edit them to walk, so when i play my primary concern are not zombies its bandits,zeds are there only to distract player also they are more dangerous in groups :) Dayz X could be easily edited to walking zombies.

Re: AI loot and zombies

defektiv
This post was updated on .
I played epoch on a hive connected server last night for a while and noticed that loot doesn't spawn there if you drive up on a building too quickly unless it was already spawned there by another player. It seems to be related to being in a vehicle. I tried a brand new game, spawned a plane, flew up to the central airfield, landed and taxied slowly while looking in the hangars and nothing ever spawned. Then I tried a new game, same process except this time I stopped the plane about 50m away and ran it at normal run-speed and everything was spawned.

I tried your version with the added scripts and they work great. I tested salvage, refueling and siphoning. It was fun hovering a chopper dangerously close to houses while it sucked fuel from the tank right below it. But it made me want those 210L fuel cans from epoch. The cheat menus are nice too for testing and getting quick aerial looks of areas you want to scout but don't want to risk your chopper to cheaters on the hive. This is why I love these SP versions too. Playing last night on hive epoch I spent 3 hours gearing up only to have someone ghost their session to the server mission and nuke the entire server with rapid-firing grenades from a lapua. And then another 5 hours trying to get to my corpses twice before the server restarted. Sad part is the only weapon I was carrying when he teleported to me was a hatchet. I survived the first nuke when he leveled the building I was in and then almost hit him in the head with the hatchet while he fired 12 more rounds before killing me. Bad cheater was bad. Really bad. He almost got killed by a hatchet head shot while using every cheat in the book.

More info: I'm testing now on an epoch server running locally, playing as the local admin, and I see loot not spawning in buildings I drive up close to quickly. So that mystery is solved.. kind of. For the permanent loot spawn disappearing, I'm pretty sure now peki nailed it. I disabled my - and = assignments to time acceleration and I haven't seen a problem with permanent loot spawn stopping since.

Re: AI loot and zombies

peki1990
Yeah cheaters are bad, so i only use cheats in sp and that is only for testing the game and scripts when i decide to play sp i play it without cheats. I think cheats are killing the wish to play a game because they give you everything no fun in tath. :)

Arma 2:OA has stopped working

SlickNick64
Overall A great mod but when I load up my game and try to open my gear the game crashes to desktop every time. In order to fix this i have to restart the game every time which make me lose all my gear. Does anybody know how to fix this it is extremely annoying having to restart my mission every time I close the game. I play on the Chernarus Walking Zeds + Car Patrols. I also have lokis lost key installed but i deleted it and it still didn't work.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

josh
im having issues i followed a tut on how to download and it worked fine i tried to add the loki mod and it went to shit so i re-installed everything including OA and it says i cant play/edit missing dayz guns help plz

Re: AI loot and zombies

peki1990
be sure to make a shortcut frrom arma2OAbetapatch icon it shoud be in directory where you installed arma2oa
Ska

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Ska
Hello there.
So I must say that I find the mod really great. Thanks for that. Were it possible Niceonegunit be respawn system installed? I have already tried it and I succeed it is not easy. Yes I know that the UI but after Bugt that would be my first matter. Peki you could make a mission with respawn system if it is not too much work? Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Re: AI loot and zombies

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Cant find any loot after sleeping in a tent!!

SlickNick64
I have been playing the game for abt 2 days now and i have succesfully recruited a survivor and found a ural(civil). But after driving to the airfield and found nothing there so I slept in a tent to try to get the loot cycle script to spawn loot. Well now I cant seem to find any loot at all on the map. Any help is appreciated. I play on the map with patrolling cars which I cant find many of  and walking zeds

Re: AI loot and zombies

defektiv
Been running a private epoch server for the last week because playing these got me REALLY curious about the loot spawning thing. It does seem that if loot has not yet been spawned, it will not spawn while you're driving by in a vehicle. I assume this is to keep your client from turning in to a slideshow while you're flying really fast and the engine is trying to roll, place and render each of those loot spawn points as you're flying by. And I'm guessing the reason it is much more obvious in these singleplayer versions is because your object data is not been taken care of by SQL so the overhead for your client is greater.

Missing Files???

Sgt. Pickels
When ever I try to run the game I get a notification saying Extended Event Handlers requires CAweapons3. Can some one point out to me were I go to get this file or how to stop this from happening. I cant load any saves and if I spend to much time in one city the game stops spawning bandits/survivors zombies and loot this is a big issue when I set up a camp near a city and it is empty even after I sleep in a tent  !!!PLZ HELP!!!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks wrote
IMPORTANT NOTE : Factions 3.0.2 has some stability issues regarding zeds & loot spawns.
Until the 3.0.3 update is ready, I strongly recommend trying DaiZy 2018 instead. Compared to Factions 3.0.2, it includes countless fixes and is much more stable!

Re: My mission pbo

ShadowWolf
Hello peke1990!

I was searching for the tow/lift script and how to apply to a mission.pbo file, but I don't know how to make it, to extract the pbo and add the script, then repack. I don't know  if I can load a previous save too, from the old pbo. So I asking if you can help me with this problem. I also downloaded your script for the Daizy Factions mission and opened with a txt editor to saw what you modified.

The mission file is from Daizy 2018 (http://kodabar-dayz-daizy-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/RELEASE-DaiZy-2018-27-02-2014-UPDATED-td14780.html). I was playing the FACTIONS before, but I reached an unplayable limit.

The script file is from  [R3F] Artillery and Logistic (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?94280-R3F-Artillery-and-Logistic-Manual-artillery-and-advanced-logistic-(mission-script) ). I think you used this too, because the file you created has the madbull copyright and the french commentaries :)

Thanks,

SW.
1 ... 70717273747576