RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

1 ... 6970717273747576

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Ripstop
Eiriksvin:

Download Kronzky's support call. It gives you a menu option in the Escape Menu. You can use the debug terminal from there.

I use;

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach nearestObjects [getpos player,["WeaponHolder","GroundWeaponHolder","Bag_Base_EP1","USBasicBag","CardboardBox","ReammoBox"],14000];

This will wipe out all loot lying around on the ground including backpacks, medical boxes, and ammo boxes. It will do this in a radius of 14 Km. around you, effectively clearing the entire map. It also works in Arma 3.

To unsubscribe from RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols], click here.
NAML

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Eiriksvin

Oops, wrong reply arrow from email.

@Ripstop: I'm definitely going to give that a try, hopefully it will get the game moving again. If I use it sparingly, maybe I'll be able to keep the feel.

On Mar 27, 2014 5:53 PM, "Michael Goodin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

NAML

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

petrsn
Greetings to all,

After pitching a tent and sleeping the loot clean up seems to delete my inventory also. Not items in my personal possession or in vehicles but items I have laid out on the floor of fire station or other structure I use as a home base. Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Tom

Ok, I installed that mod, I also tried the debug code you told me about, and it did wipe everything out, but how long does it take for the loot to spawn? I tried waiting but nothing seems to spawn.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Ripstop
@Eiriksvin:

Things should start spawning when you get to within 160 meters of buildings.

If not, then you have the problem that everyone else has when things stop spawning - they stop spawning. At that point, you either start again from a saved game when things were spawning or start over.

@Petrsn:

Of course your stuff is going to get deleted if you leave it out lying on the ground. The whole purpose of the script is to remove things lying around. My suggestion is to put stuff you want to keep either in vehicles or tents.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

petrsn
@ ripstop

Ty. I've already learned to appreciate the cleanup since I last posted. Prevents me from hoarding stuff I'll never use. I wish that was the case in real life.

TY

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

PalikotLolka
Guys, I've found bug. When you keep picking one tent and it will make few tents then you go sleep for 9 hours, game become Unplayable and nothing/nobody will spawn, so be carrefull :) I suggest to save everytime u go sleep :)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

PalikotLolka
Try sleep in tent. Loot in building disappear and it will spawn another random things

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

karmel
hey how's the update going? eagerly awaiting!
i don't like 2018 because the colours are much too pale and dark, and once i lost blood i can't replenish it. been running around for hours with the last drops of blood without any chance of getting better. that's no fun.
cheers

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks
Yeah, 2018 is harsher and it is intended : you have to be extra cautious when you play it. You can disable the color filter with the radio menu if you want.

As for the update, I'm not really working on it at the moment... :(
I'm doing this on free time, and DaiZy isn't my only project - the 3.0.3 update is going to be quite a piece of work, so I'd rather finish my current project before going back at it. I can't provide any ETA right now.

But I will update Factions, sooner or later! ;)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Gordon Freeman
I guess it's time I stopped lurking.
I'm enjoying the game, however I've run up against an interesting issue, if not so much of a bug;
I am using the walking zeds+car patrols mission file, I like the increased zed spawns that come with it, and the hordes that build up if you stick around in one place. I decided to fortify an area in NWAF and hold out against the zeds and bandits(and unlucky survivors crossing my path), Having raided a Heli site roughly a Kilometre west of the airfield, in the forest.

I'm attempting to build a Sandbag wall (one Sandbag item, nothing else), and the five second counter is waiting a good 10 seconds between each message, supposedly counting one second. I will clarify:

-I click "build"
-Roughly 5 seconds pass
-The gear menu closes and I position myself(the wall never seems to line up perpendicular with me, always at an angle, though that's not even a problem, really)
-I'm told to hold still for five seconds.
-Roughly 10 seconds pass, a few zeds find me and are shot(I've always been able to shoot in between building animations with no penalty in earlier versions, so I doubt that's the issue).
-I'm told to hold still for four seconds.

This huge delay continues and I'm either surrounded, knocked down and eaten, or I flee, and it instantly vanishes.

Once the building commences, the ten seconds for construction is stretched out to a full minute or more.
Changing the time scale does not affect the building time, and I have witnessed the same issue with Razorwire. I'm afraid to try anything bigger in case time goes the other way and I break the Universe./joking
Nothing else but the build script has these delays. Checking my in-game watch confirms game time is moving normally, even while this occurs

I've not tried the other mission files, so I'm off to try them now.
Oh, and I've enjoyed Factions since Dayz 1.7, so you can assume for each reported error, there are many, many unreported successes. Cheers!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

petrsn
I have the same problem re build process delay. It takes approx 10 minutes for completion.

To unsubscribe from RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols], click here.
NAML

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Sunrise
Hello.
I am new in DaiZy and ARMY :)

I have a problem.
Im done everithing like in instructions but when i try to run the game after loading the map ia get information :

"Addon 'dayz_communityassets' requires 'dayz_weapon'".z

I download dayz from the day.com and i can handle with this.
pls help.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

BSpendlove
I also have a problem with building, I have to wait ages just to start building, I've noticed it since a few versions back..

Sometimes, when you play a mission for 10 minutes, you can build at the normal rate it's mean't to take. But if you play a mission for an hour, then it suddenly takes ages to start building. I only play the SP edition just to plan out bases and practice my building. ;)
Sound Designer and Kontakt Programmer/Editor.
http://www.centralcomposers.com
brandon-spendlove@hotmail.co.uk

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

defektiv
There's a lot of weird resistance today toward the single player gaming experience, especially around ArmA games and mods. I always wanted a single player DayZ type experience that I could save and pause at my convenience and that didn't turn all the loot into trash or make the best stuff almost non-existent. And christ you nailed it with this one. I was playing Namalsk Factions and it is really fun on a smaller quieter island and still had base building and NPCs. I was playing 1987 for my Chernarus fix but the loot nerf really hurts the experience. This factions release is straight-up amazing. I thought I was going to hate it without the Heal yourself option on the radio but it turns out Walking Zeds (in my opinion) fixes zombies. Slower more dangerous zombies still make you watch out for them or else, but allow you to focus more on the other parts of the game as well. Regular zombies are just too glitchy and do not balance well with the medical loot system (who can carry around 3 ammo boxes or a case of bandages and antibiotics with a hatchet all the time?). I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks. This puts a little polish on an otherwise dull world.

My mission pbo

peki1990
Hi all first of all credits go to Haleks. I edited DaiZy_Factions_3.0 [Walking Zeds + Car Patrols].Chernarus.pbo file and added the vechicle salvage script and vehicle towing and lifting script and auto refuel script.
Script allow you to salvage tires and glass from non working and working vehicles and use them on others.To tow and lif vehicles and to refuel vehicles on gas stations.

Hope you have fun with my edited mission file. again all CREDITS GOES TO HALEKS FOR MAKING THIS AWESOME MOD.

P.S. Zombies and Loot stop spawning after some time (On original mission.pbo)

P.P.S Sorry for my bad english. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dwnv2dr8r6dtgls/DaiZy_Factions_3.0+%5BWalking+Zeds+%2B+Car+Patrols%5D.Chernarus.pbo

AI loot and zombies

peki1990
i got a problem loot and zombies stop spawning. cnat see bandits zombies and cars on map screen i cant open ai inventory thru map screen as in previous releases so i wonder how to give weapons to friendly ai soldiers.? thank

Re: My mission pbo

Munnster
This mod is great and with peki1990  scripts its even better. peki1990  if you could get the wasteland base building items ingame and loadable into cars that would be awesome.
1 ... 6970717273747576