RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

1 ... 68697071727374 ... 76

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Eiriksvin
After playing with the older version, then I decided to update... Now that is what I'm talking about!! I am so happy with it I would like to give you all a pat on the back for sure! I love the look and feel of it, the changes of the noise and visibility graphics, and the menus, loot, AWESOME! I am playing the regular one right now, but I'll eventually try the others (after I have earned this character's little empire, of course). I am feeling the moments again, the reason I played the offline game when I first started. Except now I can make things from the loot I find like never before. I think I can pull a few hundred hours out of this massive update!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Mouzie
I have a problem, I did everything right - updated everything and did all the instructions correctly (hopefully so), added the mod in correct way in the shortcut. When loading the game up, I found that I am stuck in some middle of nowhere place, with no loading of character, my lower bar completely filled with friendlies, and I am unable to move or do anything. When using Loki Key to move somwhere else, I find myself in the same position - stuck in some kind of scene camera and nothing happening.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Glock 17
Try run without COWarMod

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Mouzie
I do not use COWar or any other mods, just what stated in the instructions which I followed. Yes, I am using beta AO, correct mod parameters, correct Day Z, everything is updated via DayzCommander.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Glock 17
Ok,
1- The main game (Single player mission from Arma II and expansion packs) run normally?
2- Tried download again the mod, delete all file from 2018 and replace with the new ones?
3- Are you running another programs with the game? (memory overload)

Hope it helps

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

@Mouzie : make sure you're running the right beta patch, because this kind of issue is usually related to that.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Mouzie
I attempted to do the patch and it said invalided CD key, so I heard that is became I have the latest update on Steam or something. I reversed back to 1.7.7. and resumes my the 1.7.7 RSPB version.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Eiriksvin
I am so glad I got this update, problem is, I also got 2018. The COWarMod I dropped in took all the extras (text and identity) off the screen, and omg the zombies can really ferret you out! I tried the walking zeds, and don't care for it, maybe if there were like 3 times the number of zombies, random hoards of zed death traps... then walkers might be something interesting. I like being forced to deal with zeds running at me and getting into the mix during firefights, I would like to see the radius increased for zeds reacting to gun shots. I think the alt modes are good, but I could see myself getting hooked on the regular+cars. Like I said, the walkers just make the game way to easy (even with the extra bandits around), I had a topped out character in super short time once I located a bike. I think the game is so much better with more and smarter zombies. I would like to see a firefight turned into a life or death escape from zeds. Those suckers should be running for like a km towards any unsilenced gunfire.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Yeah I know it's a ton of work, you know how people tend to be, well I have the 2018, and now I would like to have a more recent feel, to run around in, I love the post apoc, can I get some wake up to the end feeling?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 cheat menu

gunsRus
Sorry if i seem retarded but how do i activate the cheat menu on this release? or is there even one? i cant seem to work it out.

also the BAF mission is fucking with me something chronic, is it meant to be pitch black? or am i experiencing something out of the ordinary/ i cant seem to keep my NVG and when i drop out, all i see is stars, and killing my trrops for their NVGs doesnt seem to go down too well with the rest of the squad.

Sorry but i just started playing this single player and i cant find any supplies or weapons when playing normally. I know its a survival game, but im finding myself thinking "this is shit." i'd love to be able to find some weapons, or even start WITH a weapon and then progress from there, but at this stage im thinking there is something wrong with me. Could someone shed some light on my problems?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Eiriksvin wrote
Those suckers should be running for like a km towards any unsilenced gunfire.
CommuneCode wrote
What you are requesting is harder than it seems, that would require a TON of code modding, for now at least I would safely assume that Haleks is not going to do this.
It's actually quite easy to do - the reason I didn't do it yet is that I needed to see if the AI could survive against a pack of zombies - that and the fact they don't always flee when they should.
I might try higher values next time I update 2018 (along with the base building script).

Base building script?!?! SUUUWHEEET

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Eric the Viking
There's a surprising amount of info online related to Dayz. You can find the parts of the code which relate to zombie spawn distances, and their numbers fairly easy and make any changes yourself to personalize your experience.

I customize all "my" DayZ SP games by making the Zeds walk only. Although Above, Haleks and Boynamedsu3 may not realize it, various posts they have made have helped me find the parts of the code I need to change to make the game to my preference.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Eiriksvin
I finally found one of the big cities, and as I was trolling along I spotted smoke on the horizon... Now this was a new one for me in SP, so naturally I investigated. I was greeted by a wonderful treat, I'm not going to give anything away, but look for the smoke... DaiZy just gets better and better. Now I know where one of my vehicles will be located, maybe hidden in an alley. I love making raiding runs, the excitement is getting better, the more action I see, the more I want. I had all the spawns shutdown on me when I pitched a tent and rested, so I restarted (I didn't have much to lose). I'm so glad I did! I found an ax right away, vehicles, and supplies for days. But, that's just where the fun started... I heard gun fire near me, so I crawled out to find the zombies that were around me getting dropped one at a time, I crawled out, ax in hand and worked my way around the entire scene and behind the fools that were popping zombies. I made sure not to give away my position and let the gunfire and zombies to keep the bandits busy. I crawled right up to one and stood up, smoked him in the head with my ax. Quickly snatched his weapon and turned to see his partner trying to run off into the hills with zeds on his tail. I took him down with the rifle that his dead friend had while he was running, he dropped and turned on me, but that's what I wanted. Boom, headshot, and one more for the zombie that was mad as heck and trying to eat him. I am going hunting for a map, I got to see what else has been brought into this world, then it's back to 2018 (almost ready to head north :-P ).

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Eiriksvin
Now that I think of it, for some reason the longer I play, the longer it takes for the zombies and loot to spawn once I reach my destination, is there a workaround for between runs that won't wipe out my vehicle/stashes all over the place? I can't use the tents, because of the tents not allowing the spawn. How hard would it be to set up a sleep action that don't require the tent? I could just crash for a few hours in a relatively safe area, that way the need for tripwires and traps and barricades would be increased. Sorry about bombing all the silly ideas at the board, I am so happy with this though, it's worth the work you are putting into it.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Eiriksvin
Well, I tried installing stra_debug2 with no success because if i had the console I could just try:

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach nearestObjects [position player,["WeaponHolder","WeaponHolderBase"],1000];

I thought that it would be more of a cheat to do the "20". So I thought, go to a hot spot, hit the debug, wait to see if it spawns, then go from there. But I can't even test the theory.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks
I'm not sure what you mean by "tents not allowing the spawn". If you're talking about the loot clean up script, I'm thinking about making it automatic (delete items further than x meters from the player every x minutes).

As for the spawn slow downs, I'm afraid there isn't much to do about it : DayZ isn't optimized at all for long sessions, as it was never designed for SP. "Fixing" that would require to rewrite the core features of the code - wich is a huge task...

That being said, I've been working on a new project (100% solo) for Arma 3, and while I was at it, I had a few ideas wich could help improving long term performances. I'll most likely experiment them on 2018, once Factions has been updated.
1 ... 68697071727374 ... 76