RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

1 ... 65666768697071 ... 76

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks
Could copy/paste the target line of your shortcut and post a screen of your Arma 2 OA folder?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
I got it to work. didnt realize that i had to install it via commander even though steam installed it for me. Is there a building system in this release and is it stable?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

malau
I loaded up the BAF mission, why is it night ? How can I switch to day time ? I can't even up the gamma to see, it's unplayable ? Do I have to load up LokiLostKeys and spawn in some NVGs, or can I make it day ?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
Does this version have a decent base building system?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
Can someone explain the building system to me.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks
Have you watched the video posted in the first thread?
Basically, you just need an "ingredient" (like wire kit), and you 'll be able to pop up the build menu from the scroll menu.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
Thanks, i didnt realize that was a video, i thought it was just a link to the actual mod file.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
Random question, is there a reason why the thirst and hunger meter deplete so quickly? I usually have to eat or drink every 10 minutes of playtime or so.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks
sirw00tkiller wrote
Random question, is there a reason why the thirst and hunger meter deplete so quickly? I usually have to eat or drink every 10 minutes of playtime or so.
Several users reported that too; right now I don't know what is causing it, but I'll make sure to fix it for the next update.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

twsmith
The last time I played the BAF mission I kind of cheated when I launched and placed my NVG in my backpack so I wouldn't lose them.  ;)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
Any Chance on implementing the epoch build system in factions? it would be exactly what i would want in a single player game.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
Better yet, does anyone know if any of the build recipes are for storage containers that actually hold gear?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

twsmith
I don't think factions has craftable storage containers.  Personally I just place tents or use damaged vehicles and then mark them on my map as caches.  I tend to be a bit of a hoarder. :)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
Yeah me to on the hoarding. i found 2 tens so far and stuffed them with stuffed backpacks.

Ok i found a few bugs while playing patrol car plus walking zeds on 3.0.2

- No loot or zombie spawns after about 5 hours of playing.
             - tried sleeping in tent numerous times, reloading saves, and flushing vram - nothing worked.
             - could using time dilation while running possibly be the cause?
-is it possible to add a salvage vehicle command to remove certain parts of vehicles for scrap or workable parts?
- flashlights possibly not working, at least for me.
- starting a new game the thirst meter depletes quickly, after about an hour or so of play it returns to normal.
- sleeping for 9 hours is actually sleeping for 25.

Other than that great game. Have tried others but this suits my play style the best with a few exceptions.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks
sirw00tkiller wrote
- No loot or zombie spawns after about 5 hours of playing.
I'm working hard on it; lately I've done some optimization work on 2018 and it seems to have fixed this issue. Well at least, nobody reported any problem with v1.3 (yet).
sirw00tkiller wrote
-is it possible to add a salvage vehicle command to remove certain parts of vehicles for scrap or workable parts?
It is - bits of code show that Razor and his team are working on it for DayZ, but they didn't enable it since it is currently a bit glitchy (some parts won't be properly removed from the salvaged vehicles). I might try to modify it so that only specific parts can be salvaged. But the priority right now is to bring all the latest features & fixes I've done in 2018 to Factions.
sirw00tkiller wrote
- flashlights possibly not working, at least for me.
Most likely an Arma problem : flashlights won't emit any light if it's not night time (after 6 or 7 PM).
sirw00tkiller wrote
- starting a new game the thirst meter depletes quickly, after about an hour or so of play it returns to normal.
- sleeping for 9 hours is actually sleeping for 25.
Both those issues will be fixed in v3.0.3 : I figured out the thirst problem; and the sleep 25 hours thing is actually a left-over from tests I was running. ^^'

The v3.0.3 should be ready around next week, it should significantly improve a lot of things (the changelog will be quite long...).

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
Thanks Haleks,
   Sounds awesome. Also i dont know if anyone reported it but their is no indicator for broken bones. I dont know if thats normal or not. It's not a huge deal its pretty easy top figure out when you can walk. The flashlight thing was weird i tested it throughout the night and nothing.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Steve Zissou
sirw00tkiller wrote
The flashlight thing was weird i tested it throughout the night and nothing.
If your flashlight won't come on, try pointing it either straight up or straight down, then press L.  That's fixed it for me in the past anyway.  And that goes for guns with flashlights too.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
Steve Zissou wrote
sirw00tkiller wrote
Thanks

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks
IMPORTANT NOTE!

Before I update to v3.0.3; anyone having issues with the loot & zeds not spawning anymore, please send me your Arma2OA.RPT file!
You can find it in "User\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA"; "AppData" is a hidden folder, so you might have to change the Windows folder options to display it.

If you want to upload it to a file hosting service, just post the download link in this forum (I check it more often than my mail box).

This should help me nailing this problem for good!
1 ... 65666768697071 ... 76