RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

1 ... 67686970717273 ... 76

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

aggelon
Haleks wrote
Just a quick word to say that the updates for both this release & 2018 will be delayed : I have one hell of a flu and I'm way too sick to work on it at the moment...
Take care, man !

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Glock 17
Sorry for the bad english... I'm from Brazil

Playing "The Walking Zeds" (Windows 8 Pro x64 + Arma 2 OA + PMC + BAF)

About no spawn Zeds or Loots in Walking Zeds + Car Patrols - here is my .RPT file https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5460000CCE3CD604%21601 or http://1drv.ms/Md9Vio

About "the player actions are starting to get very slow" - I fix this changing the clothes, but, lost my team (had to recruit them again).

In The Walking Zeds, I found the Pickup (PK) and Off-road (DShKM), but none of UH-1H or SUV. In Walking Zeds + Car Patrols, I found UH-1H and SUV.

It seems that cars are indestructible (bullets or collision) [The Walking Zeds and Walking Zeds + Car Patrols] - sorry if someone already warned.

The temperature drop at night it has become an interesting challenge. The absence of roadblocks [Walking Zeds + Car Patrols] did the game lighter - could put it in The Walking Zeds?

About the release: Good job! I became a big fan of all of you

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks
Thanks for reporting the issue about vehicle damages - there's something wrong indeed.
It will be fixed with the next update!

Otherwise you should know that vehicles spawns are random, they change each time you restart the mission.

aggelon wrote
Take care, man !
Thanks dude! Hopefully I'll be working back on the updates this week-end! ;)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

nrc00
Haleks,

Do you know if there are any tutorials online for adding new backpacks to dayz?

I've only found anti-theft scripts, but id like to add the backpacks from epoch, you know the big ones (Gunbags etc.)

Since im always on foot, shooting bandits, looting city's, i've found myself coming short of backpack space.

I'm asking for tutorials because i'm not sure how much work this is, and you already have enough to update every time, and secondly i'm not sure other users want it.

It probably would be at heli crash sites only with a very low spawn rate.

Thank you :)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks
I don't think there's any specific tutorial out there.
But try googling something like "arma 2 config replacement" and "dayz add custom models"; you should find enough stuff to learn and get started!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

vasko5
Still the same problem no zombies spawn after few hours of gameplay but shit load of rabbits xD
loot doesn't spawn too. :/

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

C-Buck
Haleks, here's hoping you get to feeling better (or that you are already), and not just so you can work on this, but because the flu sucks major rotten zombie balls.

Anyway, from the playthrough I've done, I've run into the issues that most of these guys have listed in the last two or three pages, as well as random crashes, mostly when trying to save.. it's usually after one of those that I run into the issue where nothing spawns at all.

I've mainly played your Walking Zeds + Vehicle Patrols, and I love it. It almost felt like cheating at first, but then the feeling that I was safe was soon rectified when I was putting some gear into a vehicle and two of those walkers were right on me, reminding me that, even though they are slow, I cannot sit still for too long. I love it.

I ran into a vehicle patrol in Elektro, one of those trucks with the mounted MG, and boy did that go over well. Trying to fend off the walkers while taking cover behind a tree and being pinned down by that gun, man, that was a moment I'll not forget! When there were no more walkers, I was down to two rounds in my Enfield. Tried to peak around to pick off the gunner, got hit. Decided to charge across to a metal container, then up to the top of the four-tiered warehouse/factory, crawled my way to the edge and just barely managed to take him out right as he turned and had me in his sights. It was epic.

I haven't come across any camps or downed choppers as I've not had time to make it away from the coast before a crash or other issues hit. I have, however, found some of the newer stuff from 1.8, like other added foods and medical supplies. A couple vehicles I haven't seen before also spawned up for me, like the off-road truck with the camper shell and the SUV.

I was so excited to play this release, and so far, even with the issues and not being able to see all that I should be able to, I love it. The different versions of the mission file were a great idea on your part, and the Walkers - instead of runners - still terrify me.

Once again, thank you for the awesome work you've done on this, and please keep it up when and while you can. This is still my "perfect game", even when it crashes or actions slow down for me.

Will be praying for your swift recovery, mate. Get well soon.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks
Thanks you very much, C-Buck!
I'm already feeling better and started working back on mods! ;)

If you've been following the 2018 thread a bit, you might know that a lot of improvements have been made to the dayz_code : along many other fixes, I think it's safe to say that the spawn issues have been completed resolved.

I'll start porting those changes to DaiZy Factions - the differences should be significant. I'll try to make it happen within a couple of weeks. Eventhough I got my hands caught in a completely new mod... ^^'

I found out that Arma 3 has been pretty well optimized since the last updates : I'm currently working on a Wasteland style sandbox mission. It's made from scratch and will have a different feeling than DaiZy/DayZ.

For anyone who's interested, here's some details on it :

- Taking place on Altis.
- I've set up a custom hunger/thirst system.
- I managed to work around the Arma 3 limitations regarding the skin system, meaning that the player will be able to take skins of enemy soldiers.
- It will have raiders, friendly survivors randomly spawning around the player - it'll work pretty much the same way it does in DaiZy.
- Wild dogs packs will loiter and attack any human getting too close.
- Custom loot spawn system.

...And right now I'm working on the vehicle system (repair, refuel, siphon etc...).

Anyway, I'll make sure to update Factions before going too deep into this new thing! :)

Thats awesome, is ARMA 3 worth getting? I still dont think you cant top 2018 though ;). Once factions is fully updated it will be perfect to play.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

aggelon
:need: :bave:

BAF Mission Issue

Achlimed
In the BAF version of this mission, It seems 2 things are happening repeatedly when I play.  First, when you are forced to jump from the Merlin you are too low to the ground and upon landing, you start bleeding.  And of course, you spawn with no bandages and the AI Medic you have with you isn't able to stop bleeding.  Secondly, It's the middle of the day as the mission starts and once you jump from the chopper it goes straight to middle of the night, no moon, and no other sources of light.  The only mod I'm running besides Factions is the ACE sound mod.  I'm curious if anyone else is having these issues, or if someone is having the same issues as me.

Other than these issues i've encountered in the BAF mission, I haven't noticed any other gamebreaking issues.  Nice job Haleks, and I'm really really enjoying "The Walking Zeds" patch.  It's fucking genius, and I wish the multiplayer version would run it too.  When the zeds are forced to walk, there's a lot less clipping through walls, floors, and objects of any kind.  Of course they are always going to try and attack through walls, but that's what we've come to expect in this mod.  It's certainly a lot less frustrating without seeing them sprinting 5-10 times the speed of the player and in a zig-zag pattern.  Keep it up dude!

Re: BAF Mission Issue

justjim
Any update on when this will be updated?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

demon4
Hello guys, I have an error when I try to reload my save in any of the game modes. The error is: "You can not play / edit this mission, it is dependet on downloadable content que deleted.ca_communityconfigurationproject_e has been." I do not know what to do and would love to not have to start from scratch every time I play =\\
Could someone explain me how to solve this error with some tutorial or showing me some website with information?
Thank you

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

kamel
hey haleks,
thank you for this great mod! i especially enjoy the walking zeds with car patrols, it gives a nice apocalyptic atmosphere.
however the spawn issue really breaks the game. also, i seem to be unable to repair cars/helicopters that i took off patroling bandits.
looking forward to the next release! keep up the good work.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
Hey Haleks, how is the update for this going?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Haleks
To be honest I barely started... :/
I've spent the last couple of weeks working in the A3 project. But since the said project is nearly ready for a first release, I should be back at working on Factions soon enough.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

MrThirsty
This post was updated on .
Yo Haleks,

Been a looong time but I'm back to play your latest incarnation - WOW. Great job man, you've been busy!! Feels more engrossing and fine-tuned then ever. A real joy to play again.

LOVE the 'walking zombies' game play & patrol cars (mission) - so much more calmer not having super-fast zombies chasing you, feel like you can concentrate more on the actual game and bandits now. Still keeping it gripping when a apparently docile zed creeps up on your back or sneaks up the stairs! Looking forward to seeing a patrol car (not sure what to expect!) and does this have helicopters too?(!)

One thing though, during my last 15hrs or so of play I became very thirsty and painstakingly scoured almost four towns without ANY tins of Coke to quench my blood-soaked, dehydrated character...is this me or is drink just more scarce in this release??

Cheers!

Thirsty
"Reality is for people who lack imagination"

I'd say you were unlucky : food & drink spawn are pretty much the same as in vanilla DayZ.
Also, I'd suggest you try 2018 until I update Factions : it is much more stable. ;)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

MrThirsty
This post was updated on .
Yeah I was thinking that too, just checking!

Ill take a look at 2018 :) Cheers!
"Reality is for people who lack imagination"

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy FACTIONS 3.0.2 [20/01/2014 UPDATED w/ Car Patrols]

Rusty_Shackleford
How goes the update for factions?
1 ... 67686970717273 ... 76