RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

1 ... 33343536373839 ... 41

Re: hi!

rickfist
ive been warned and had post deleted that mentioned  haleks and 2018 on the dayz forums

Re: hi!

Haleks
rickfist wrote
ive been warned and had post deleted that mentioned  haleks and 2018 on the dayz forums
Seriously?! They need to chill out...
Would you mind to share a link, out of curiosity?

Re: hi!

Niceonegunit
This post was updated on .
Haleks wrote
rickfist wrote
ive been warned and had post deleted that mentioned  haleks and 2018 on the dayz forums
Seriously?! They need to chill out...
Would you mind to share a link, out of curiosity?
I don't really think it's as bad as he is implying it is.

There are two DayZ forums rules which may apply here:
Rule 1) No Spam / Advertising
Rule 3) Off-topic posts

He was only warned, so it is likely one of those two.
Of course, I don't know the whole story, so it's not good to assume that the moderators of the forums are being self-righteous.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: hi!

rickfist
i cant link because the post get changed to "this thread has been cleaned by (insert mods name)

the first time some one asked if dayz could be played offline and 20 fanboys did there thing i posted to google kodabar haleks 2018 and dig around there ...the post was hidden with no warning or explanation

2nd time was for up talking haleks efforts with 2018 and results compaired to rockets limp wristed lack of creative talent other than a inventory system ...

there was no real explanation given as to why they were hidden i just assumed you were a dirty word amongst those cliquey fucks and never really pressed it any further

and it surely couldnt come under no advertising because Epoch gets an absoulute flogging over there

Re: hi!

Niceonegunit
rickfist wrote
i cant link because the post get changed to "this thread has been cleaned by (insert mods name)

the first time some one asked if dayz could be played offline and 20 fanboys did there thing i posted to google kodabar haleks 2018 and dig around there ...the post was hidden with no warning or explanation

2nd time was for up talking haleks efforts with 2018 and results compaired to rockets limp wristed lack of creative talent other than a inventory system ...

there was no real explanation given as to why they were hidden i just assumed you were a dirty word amongst those cliquey fucks and never really pressed it any further

and it surely couldnt come under no advertising because Epoch gets an absoulute flogging over there
Haha, wow.
Gave the guy exactly what he wanted and they hid it.
"Shit guys, someone helped another user on our poor excuse for a fuckin' forum! Hide that shit before someone gets something useful out of this dirty hovel of a 'community' forum and assumes we are half decent moderators!"

A 'dirty word' sounds correct. About a year (maybe two?) ago I posted some DaiZy stuff there, for a few people asking for single player. The Moderator's battlewagon went straight past without noticing.

Now they're upset like little fuckin' babies over something, of which I do not know. They seem to get upset over just about anything now.

The moderators are shit and the actual staff of the forum don't seem to care. I just avoid it altogether.
I think they have a problem with mods of their beloved DayZ even though everyone plays Epoch now.

Only thing I remember them doing right was banning rhinocrunch. That guy is (yes still is lmao) an egotistical, money-whoring shithat who thinks he's so edgy and euphoric with his sick comebacks even though they are the definition of sublime ignorance.

DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: hi!

rickfist
i think i know the post there was a list of about 4 single player versions if its the one i am thinking about
maybe it was overlooked because it wasnt in the dayz SA forums

Re: hi!

Niceonegunit
rickfist wrote
i think i know the post there was a list of about 4 single player versions if its the one i am thinking about
maybe it was overlooked because it wasnt in the dayz SA forums
that sounds correct, though I don't remember very clearly.

damn shame there is a community for that game.
dayz standalone cant even stand alone. the arma engine has always been a buggy mess but holy shit that 'game' stoops to a new low.

rocket loves his money-milking it seems. he says "do not buy yet" on the steam page not because he doesn't want people buying a broken game, fuck me i dont think any developer would do that, but rather because he wants an excuse to use on people who say the game is shit. it is shit, and he has no other excuse for it being that way other than "it's an alpha" which is not an excuse for the state it is in.

development and actual progress is so slow i didn't think anyone even cared anymore. though there are worse development speeds out there,(the dead linger. i have regrets buying that) rocket's entire team is pretty bad.

though this is all opinion, i don't know all the facts. this is just from the stuff i (and many many other people) can see.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: hi!

rickfist
agreed it seems to be a ridiculously slow process considering its no longer a bunch of guys doing it after work/school and a dedicated payed staff now ... i guess the bit that leaves me a bad taste in my mouth is that day SA doesnt have anything new about it everything in it was already existing in a mod variant yet its comes across like chris torchia or rocket make out  it was always the intention to have that feature/item.. like i stated on the forums in my opinion dayzSA only legacy is a inventory system {that still shuffles and deletes items} ...and the character customisation ...but with that said i still have 450hrs up in SA cause it beats playing warZ...but dean might want to get his shit together because H1Z1 drops next month i think

Re: hi!

Niceonegunit
Haha, holy shit I forgot about WarZ.

I bought the game, spent about two hours playing it, got beat to death by floating flashlights about two times, found some half-decent loot (a gun and a better backpack) and then got permanently banned.
10/10 good game
also saw people who had also been banned randomly weren't being allowed refunds so I didn't even bother. dunno if they allow it now or not.
EDIT: should mention this was way back when it was first released

I thought the idea of standalone was to make it nice and smooth and less quirky than the mod, but it is just as bad as the mod. The UI is still awful looking, and the inventory system is still sluggish and unresponsive. I mean for fucks sake how hard is that.

Just like the mod, the zombies could be removed and it'd be practically the same game. They serve no real purpose, they are not a threat. They just serve as an annoyance.

people only play standalone because there really isnt any other option. WarZ certainly doesn't count, and games like The Dead Linger will be playable in 2060 or something.

I know people will ditch the thing once something likely much better (h1z1) comes along.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: hi!

rickfist
dean did what anyone would made something people wanted and cashed in on it the difference being many of us put up with and accepted that the mod was what it was ... and kinda got stooged to believe SA would be the miracle cream that fixed everything ...i kinda think the tech is not there for what is wanted yet it seems like to add something 2 things are removed ... i kinda hope H1Z1 is so awsomely epic that if and when dayZ ever does make it to ps4 as the rumours suggest SONY give BI a giant kick in the ass ... or if the dev tools are given to the public  we can all find our little dayZ niche corner again

i had warZ from launch day one thing i can say is at least it was a zombie survival with large amounts of zombies

untin then i will check out exp builds of SA and wait for haleks to drop his next gem

Re: hi!

Niceonegunit
heh, yeah I guess you're right.

it seems haleks and above aren't really around anymore.
i was hoping to 'collaborate' with them on the daizy campaign ive been working on. just like old times. way back when we'd just started this whole daizy thing. when dayz_sp was still around and above was still called abovedayz

guess that doesn't really happen anymore. a shame really, but that's the reality of things.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: hi!

beenfo
Hi all !

Firstly, thanks for your amazing job developping this DaiZy standalone version; i've been working so hard to get a LAN server up and running so that i could feel "at Home" inside the game. You finally made my wish come true.

I got some questions regarding DaiZy 2018 ?

- I've been playing it for 10 hours so far and i've not yet seen "zeds" or apocalypse squads ?
- It seems to me that there are way less zombies in-town than in original Arma 2 - DayZ ?
- I'm not really realizing if bandits weaponfire do get zombies to rush them ?
- I've been around the big airport in the north and i couldn't find any aircrafts on field anywhere ?
- Finally, is there a way to modify bandits strength/skill, cause sometimes they are very very accurate from afar (died 3 times by headshot prolly, from 400 meters away)

Thanks for any answer you might be able to give me
Bye!

Re: hi!

Haleks
Hi guys!

Just a super quick update to tell you that my PC broke once again...
Looks like it's time to let go of that 10 years old machine and buy a new one.
No need to say that the next release is post-ponned. :(

Until next time and happy new year to every one!

Re: hi!

rickfist
thanks for the update

Re: hi!

Stormforge
Oh well, shit happens. Thanks for the update. Currently have gone back to Arma 2 and 2018, I'm going to check out Niceonegunit's new creation while I am back with Arma 2.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

Archy
I have a problem playing this mod. I installed it but when I start the mission I get this error message:

"You cannot play/edit this mission, it's dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. dayz_communityassets"

I have copied Addons folder from ArmA 2 to my ArmA 2 OA folder. My mod folders are ok and my target launch parameters are fine I think:

"D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe"  -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -skipintro -mod=@2018;@CBA_CO;@COWarMod;@JSRS 1.5

My games are all up to date. I dont understand why this wont work. I can play DaiZy, and Day ZX just fine. Can anyone help please?

EDIT: I solved the problem. The issue was in core DayZ files. I had them downloaded from their site as torrent but it's only some 100Mb and some files were missing. Complete DayZ mod is some 300Mb. To anyone who is having same error message here's what I did to fix the issue: Use WithSixPlay to download DayZ mod since DayZ commander is not working with last update.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

Peter
Hi, I noticed little bug: enemy fire doesn´t do any damage to me (like in god mode), but i am not using any cheats...
but it´s still great mod, with chernarus retexture mod it has even more post-apocalyptic feeling than vanilla dayz

Re: hi!

Hi guys, I'm back at it!

Working on gasmasks with breathing sounds and support for AGM goggles (as well as LHM glasses, the older & standalone version of AGM goggles - eventhough it's obsolete).

Cheers!

Re: hi!

modjuice
Hi Haleks,

Great work I have been enjoying playing your Unofficial DaiZy releases
Can I ask you is it possible to use any form of snap building with any of the mods I just can't build anything on Panthera 1.8 SP or DaiZy 2018 v1.5 I just about manage to throw down a sandbag I love and miss the epoch base building system.

Thanks

Re: hi!

mp5lng
Hey Haleks, I had been offline from this wonderful forum for a damn long time :p the first thing I saw after getting back to it was that you jumped into A3, so I want to ask you this : are you going to leave A2 and start/continue with A3 ? you're actually posting on A2's Daizy 2018 version, so maybe you're just showing us that you're officially back to the modding world.

Cheers dude !
1 ... 33343536373839 ... 41