RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

1 ... 31323334353637 ... 41

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Gman
i just cant figure it out...im sad plzzzz help me

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

Kraxzus
My blood isn't rising? I've ate, drank, then took painkillers. Won't move at all.

Re: Help Needed!

Stormforge
Hey Haleks, curious as to how the Arma 3 project is coming along, or where someone could more info on it?

Managed to get the kid working at the campground here to let me download Arma 3 plugged into their router as their wireless sucks, and there was no way I was downloading it on mobile internet.

Found this mission called Pilgrimage that I have been loving that seemed like it could have some things to add. I really like having the ability at the beginning to customize your experience. I usually set it up with teammate, 100% pretty much everything except ambient combat at low limited. I like how you can sorta track enemies and they you, getting hints as to what direction and a guess of how many men. I use the realistic loot mode, though DayZ pretty much has this already and like how 2018 is set-up for loot, and does not have the same health/food system. I still think food is too easily found. I always find too much food in buildings and almost never have to hunt. Luck maybe, or have I played it too much and just know where to look? Use the customization menu to possibly set-up number and size of zombies and bandits, with or without camps, types of zombies though I like the idea of the zeds with varying speeds. Could even have bandit or ghouls manning an airfield with patrols roaming around with radios. Just say that because I got lucky and crippled a gunship causing it to land fully armed except for some cannon rounds used. Used it for a bit till I found out that the airfield had an air-defense tank, Oops. Two aircraft on the map, who knew? Somehow managed to survive that too, has to be luck.

Re: Help Needed!

Haleks
Hi Stormforge,

The A3 project is coming along; I know I said it would be released soon, and it is more or less in its final form. These last few weeks I've been busy fixing/improving/optimizing a bunch of essential scripts and functions I wrote at the beginning of the project : I'm quite satisfied with what I've done so far. I can already say that it is going to be much lighter and more stable than DayZ/DaiZy (for instance issues such as scripts slowing down over time won't happen).
Right now I'm all about stress-testing the current build and thinking about usefull scripts or options to add : yesterday I wrote an optionnal function that should make big cities playable framerate-wise, including for small machines (my computer is 10 years old so it should be playable for pretty much everyone).

Anyway, I won't give any ETA other than "soon" - a bit more patience guys! ^^

And by the way, yes, Rydygier's Pilgrimage looks like a nice mission to play - I've tested some stuff from the same author and his work is impressive!

Re: Help Needed!

rickfist
can you tease with more screenies

Trouble with on the fly editing with mcc_sandbox

crowbars82
Hi Haleks!

Hope the modding is going well! I don't know if this is correct, but the Arma 3 mod that you have been working on, is it going to be along the lines of 2018 for Arma 3? I've scrolled back through this thread and have seen the images and it looks totally fantastic!

I have been playing 2018 again lately, and I would like to be able to find a quick way to place my own groups of enemies with camps (building placement), just so I can make some quick missions to play (for example, attack a customised enemy base and steal the helicopter, all whilst still running under all the 2018 rules and gameplay).

I found that I can use Loki's Lost Key for some things, but the GUI starts to break if I try to use the options in a certain order (Like clicking on artillery and then trying to add enemies, the mod GUI map selection unfortunately breaks and doesn't work properly). There are a lot of things that do work within 2018, but it still lacks being able to add a patrolling group or something similar.

So after a couple of sleepless days researching this, I found something called MCC_Sandbox which looks like it is exactly what I want to use, but it does not work specifically in the '2018.Chernarus.pbo' because it fails to "syncronise server", which I think is because of somethings that happens within the intro sequence to 2018.

I loaded up the default bootcamp tutorial and MCC_Sandbox "syncronises" until complete and I can use the mod as intended. Do you know what would prevent MCC_Sandbox from working in 2018? Another guess is that the player character is not 'admin' or something similar, in which case can I change this?

Failing that, I was wondering how you yourself have edited things like the Ghoul camp into 2018? Is it easy to set up and can it be done within the Arma 2 mission editor? All I want to do is set up my own fun things to do, but play them within 2018, because 2018 is an amazing mod, it really is!!

I understand if you do not have any time to look into this, but I only ask if you might know how to solve this one off the top of your head :)

Here's the link to MCC_Sandbox:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15546

Cheers Haleks :D

EDIT:

I think I have found a clue to the cause of "access denied"!

http://forums.bistudio.com/archive/index.php/t-127214-p-2.html

I think the initial player character gets 'logged in' by mcc_sandbox, which I would guess is the guy in the plane in the 2018 intro sequence, then I guess that the guy I play is perhaps a copy of the initial player.

A delay of about 30 seconds before the 2018 intro sequence commences would allow me to 'log out' the initial player character from mcc_sandbox (providing he is controllable, would he just stand in the test-area of chernarus if the intro was delayed from playing?). This would mean that after the intro has played and I'm controlling the plane, I can then 'log in' to mcc_sandbox to see if that works!

Please may I ask, is there any way I can edit the 2018.Chernarus.pbo to delay the intro sequence from commencing?

EDIT(2): I have just found an 'intro.sqf' inside the 'dayz_code.pbo' of 2018 addons folder. I'm going to delete this for a test, but I'm sure that this is not quite correct. In fact there is probably a whole bunch code within the 'dayz_code.pbo' that could interrupt MCC_Sandbox from functioning as it should do.

I will keep learning and finding an answer in the mean time! :D

EDIT(3): Quick update, without happily knowing what I am doing... I deleted the 'intro.sqf' in the root of '2018.Chernarus.pbo' and the 'intro.sqf' & 'intro2.sqf' within the scenar folder in the PBO, then deleted the 'intro.sqf' in the root of the 'dayz_code.pbo' along with 'Configs/CfgWorlds/intro.dayzmod/ both 'initintro.sqs' and 'mission.sqm'...

I then ran 2018 and selected the mission, and as expected there were errors with missing intro files and low and behold I did indeed spawn on the beach! BUT... the MCC_Sandbox mod still thinks another player is 'logged in' so I'm actually going to start looking into the 'mcc_sandbox_mod.pbo' to try and find out if I can disable the mod from automatically logging the first player in that joins the server!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

cafeiu
I dont know why, whos fault is it, but it is starting to get really annoying, it seems to be a nice mod, but cant play it, installed it, with no other addons for now, just to see if it works, but that intro with the plane...something about it, is it me or what the...everytime i start, beside the fact that i wait for that intro, i crash, cant even get to eject, the plane crashes after 2-3 sec from when im in the cockpit....annoying annoying...what is wrong with this? what can i do...i really want to play this mod,and i suppose it's great, that's why i say congrats to haleks...but...

EDIT: I somehow managed to click landing auto pilot and no more crashing, finally, i got in elektro, i might have shot a friendly ai, but he got some nice gear, anyway, does anyone know how to install loki`s lost key on this mod? not that i wouldnt like rare loot and vehicles, but sometimes i just feel the need to have some badass cars,wep, etc. thanks a lot, nice mod again, congrats.

Re: Help Needed!

Anunnak
Hello, great mod, I'm using all the suggested mods but I couldn't find "tpwcas" in the COWar_mod, I checked all subfolders as well... Should I download the standalone tpwcas files?  If so, which files should I then use?  Also, lol where the hell would I place them?

I have 0 modding experience, so I don't know which files go where, unless it's specified in a read me.

Thanks.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

longjohnt
Once the intro goes first person you will get control of the plane, you have to fly the plane.  Hold down the acceleration button  and bring the nose up to gain altitude.  After a minute, the engines will give out so you need to glide by keeping the nose level and steer with the rudder.  I managed to glide all the way up to the south part of Berenzino once.  When you get over land, use the scroll wheel to select eject.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Stormforge
Usually never crash the plane anymore when trying to land it. When you first gain control of the plane nose up just a little bit. This should keep you good long enough to check the map and a place to land. I find that the external view helps see a bit of the terrain around you. Once you have found your landing area start by making preparations ie, start landing preparation or try to gain some altitude if you need to glide a ways. When the engine cuts, if you have not already, lower your flaps fully, then try to keep your speed around 70. I believe the plane stalls around 64 or 65. Nice slow movements when turning or trying to gain or lower altitude for speed control.

Unfortunately you do not get to keep the plane. It blows up after a bit once on the ground. New game is what can I hit with the plane after I bail.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

jomine

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

usmc3891
Anyone else using loki's lost key and having trouble spawning in vehicles?

Re: Help Needed!

xXFadedBulletXx
I Keep getting the problem when it says you cannot play/edit this mission it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted:dayz_anim,dayz_code,dayz_communityassets,dayz_weapons,days_equip,zeroday,ice_apo_resistance patch and 2017 weapons.
My launch parameters are:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash-mod=@2018

Re: Help Needed!

Majorai
xXFadedBulletXx wrote
I Keep getting the problem when it says you cannot play/edit this mission it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted:dayz_anim,dayz_code,dayz_communityassets,dayz_weapons,days_equip,zeroday,ice_apo_resistance patch and 2017 weapons.
My launch parameters are:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash-mod=@2018
You need to put a space between "-nosplash" and "-mod=@2018"

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

wyson_x
Hello, Haleks , "Download the 2018 files." >> Your download link is out of time , would you plaese send me the new link to get the @2018 file ?? I am your super fans and waiting for your ARMA 3 DAYZ !!! Great thanks !!!

hi!

Hi guys!

It's been a long time - I was caught up with RL stuff and development has been a bit slower lately.
Nonetheless, the first release is approaching! ;)

I've been working on compatibility with A2 terrains and have just finished the Chernarus version. Been playing it with AiA TP - it's friggin' awesome (Chernarus is such a better map than Altis, actually).
To sum up, the first release will include Altis & Chernarus missions (the latter being totally optionnal, as will be all missions involving third-party addons), compatible with a bunch of weapons/uniforms addons (including ported A2 uniforms) - and zombies will be optionnal as well as usable as a stand-alone mod. :D

Performance-wise, it is currently in good shape, script impact on overhaul performances being close to nill most of the time.
Zombies do react well - and are even able to run in a few buildings (but don't know how to climb ladders...).
The only annoying bugger left is that they can have a hard time to predict which way their target is going (same issue the DayZ devs were struggling with) - but that is going to be worked on.

Anyway :

crowbars82 wrote
I have been playing 2018 again lately, and I would like to be able to find a quick way to place my own groups of enemies with camps (building placement), just so I can make some quick missions to play (for example, attack a customised enemy base and steal the helicopter, all whilst still running under all the 2018 rules and gameplay).

[...]

So after a couple of sleepless days researching this, I found something called MCC_Sandbox which looks like it is exactly what I want to use, but it does not work specifically in the '2018.Chernarus.pbo' because it fails to "syncronise server", which I think is because of somethings that happens within the intro sequence to 2018.

[...]

Failing that, I was wondering how you yourself have edited things like the Ghoul camp into 2018? Is it easy to set up and can it be done within the Arma 2 mission editor? All I want to do is set up my own fun things to do, but play them within 2018, because 2018 is an amazing mod, it really is!!
I'm afraid I can't help you with MCC as I never used it. As for the custom locations, I mainly used a module called "town_generator" I think - you should be able to find explanations of the various parameters on the wiki; it's extremely usefull... Too bad they removed it in Arma3.

@Wyson x : I tried recently and the link seems to be working?

@rickfist : If I have time for it! ^^

EDIT :

Re: hi!

Haleks
I've finished simplifying the mission creation process!

Pretty much everyone should be able to easily set up their own scenario in Editor mode - no matter the map.
All you will to need to do is :
- Place some vehicles on the map (if you want vehicles).
- Place a playable unit (or your own squad of SpecOps! è_é).
- Place an object/unit/gamelogic at the center of the map (roughly), and run a tiny line of code in its init field.

...And that's it! You can export your mission or preview it; the game will automatically spawn zombies, bandits and survivors (and equip them with random stuff, including from various supported addons if they are detected), apply some damages and rusty textures to the vehicles (as long as they are not excluded via a special variable) and run all required functions (if CBA is enabled, AI will use an advanced patrol function and search/loot nearby buildings from time to time).
The only thing that still need to be manually set up is the loot spawn system - I'm still trying to figure out a way to make it compatible with all maps & buildings...
Of course you can still use all editor options : create some squads & vehicles and give them waypoints etc...

While testing the current system, I've been able to set up a recon mission on "Porto Island" in a matter of minutes (My Littlebird has been quickly shot down by some bandits hidden in a forest...) as well as a more complex scenario on Fallujah mixing "Generation Kill" (a military convoy supported by a chopper) and zombie post-apo stuff.

Coming soon™!

Re: hi!

longjohnt
Dammit Haleks, you tease.  It's not nice to dangle cake in front of fat kids.

Re: hi!

rickfist
i will admit i am checking every day ... i want that cake

Re: hi!

Stormforge
mmm...Arma 3 Halek's Factions Cake.
1 ... 31323334353637 ... 41