RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

1 ... 38394041

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

benevolentdevil
Slashghost ...

Only a few options will maybe help ...
Loki's Lost key ... would allow you to spawn in whatever you desire.  or MCC sandbox ( also needs old arma CBA to run )

 Halek did a fantastic job, of a harder-core "survival" mission here.  In someways, a bit "too hardcore" in my opnion.

 I don't think anything from dayz was "removed" persay, just the chances of spawning are greatly decreased.   I think what he was going for was following some "story line" , that "post-infection" after a couple of years, things would be much harder to find ...

 In this, I found the winchester to be the best "gun" findable and used on AI ... , the "ghouls" seem to be armed better than most others.

 I found it harder to find water/drinks ... unless raping dead AI bodies ... I found absolutely no hatchets , knives , or matches to "hunt animals" with ...
 I did not find one working vehicle , nor any parts to fix them.
No "patrols" to take a vehicle from ...

 My two complaints on this mod/mission was the coloration when you get "low blood" , gives me a head-ache after a bit ... and the way it "starts" , unless you want to swim hours ... you can really only "start" on roughly the SE corner of the land map.

 While it was decent mod, and I appreciate everything halek did in it ... it was too much same old stuff, just a bit harder , and got a bit boring after a short while of playing.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

benevolentdevil
well, I said that ...

You could de-pbo the mission and files, find the loot table and adjust the weapons that spawn in ... but even though I know the theory behind that, I don't know how to do so myself either.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

charlie runkle
I think it's just me but I see no link to download DaiZy 2018, I am totally excited to get this mod!
Could someone please post a direct download or mirror to get this amazing sounding mod please?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

000000
search for this in OP "INSTRUCTIONS" the download link is posted in the 2.- step

here is the direct link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3q6tcit42qec7ww/2018.zip

You are amazing thank you so much!
wb

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

wb
Found a way to run this without the OA Beta Patch using Steam:

1. Download DayZ 1.8.0.3 from here (@Client-1.8.0.3-Full.rar): http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.0.3/
2. Download the 2018 files in the OP.
3. Make a folder called "@2018" in your Arma 2 OA directory; inside, create a folder called "Addons".
4. Add all the DayZ 1.8.0.3 files to the Addons folder inside "@2018".
5. Copy & Paste all the files from the Addons folder of the package you just downloaded into the Addons folder inside @2018 (overwrite dayz files).
6. Add the mission file to your "Missions" folder in your arma 2 OA directory.
7. In Steam, right click Arma 2:Operation Arrow head > Properties > Set Launch Options > Paste "-mod=@2018" > run the game from steam
8. Then go Single Player > Scenarios > 2018

I also did this bit just in case:
"NOTE : If you have an error message about missing content, you might have to copy the Addons folder from Arma 2 into your Operation Arrowhead folder."

Nice nostalgia trip! My last post here was 6 years ago :O

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

daspanzer275
Welp

"You cannot play/edit this mission, it's dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. 2017weapon.pbo, ice_apo_resistance.pbo, dayz_anim.pbo" etc.

Already follow the instruction, and install without Arma 2 OA Beta

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

daspanzer275

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

Eric the Viking
Hi daspanzer275,

Judging by your screen shot you should probably start again, paying particular attention to installing the mod.

Your picture shows missing content from both the 2018 mod files and DayZ 1.8.0.3 - and "zeroday" isn't a part of either.

I suggest separate folders for each mod. Have another crack at it and see how you go. :)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

slippery
i am getting the same message off a fresh install

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

Eric the Viking
This post was updated on .
Alright, I've had a look at this and everything seems to work ok...

I presume most people are using the Steam version of the game so it's version 131129 (?) and folder layout is like this...

Download the DayZ 1.8.0.3 from here. You want @Client-1.8.3-Full.rar

In your Arma 2 folder create a directory named "@2018" (without the quotes naturally). Open the 1.8.0.3 archive and copy the files into @2018...

Next, open up the 2018 archive and extract the files - they go in the 2018/addons folder - allow it to overwrite when it asks...

Again, from the 2018 archive, copy the mission from the mission folder into the Arma2/Mission folder.

Now select the Arma 2 folder, select the "ArmA2OA.exe" and create a shortcut...

Drag it to your Desktop and modify it so it reads:

E:\ARMA2\ArmA2OA.exe -nosplash -skipIntro -mod=@2018

The exact paths will depend on your Arma2 install.

Double click the shortcut and you should be good to go.

Couple of points to note:

* You can use the most recent version of Arma 2 without issue - no need to muck around with Beta this or that. Follow either this post or the post by forum member "WB" above this one for Steam related stuff.

* You can use older versions of Arma 2 (GOG used to have a version) and patch it to the minimum required 103718 (Use the OP's instructions)

* Watch for "cross contamination" between mods / Arma versions - this can cause "missing content" messages.

* The mods listed in the first post by the OP can easily be added. They extract to their own folders like @2018 - @CoWar or @CBA. Remember, you need to add them to the command line...

E:\ARMA2\ArmA2OA.exe -nosplash -skipIntro -mod=@2018; @CoWar; @CBA;

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

RizqiEntertainment
how i can not use ghouls unit? or whatever that. i just no like that. i want to use standar survivor unit like DayZX or Day of Survival.

#Help

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

RizqiEntertainment
how to remove post apocalypse unit? change to another unit like civillian or something?
1 ... 38394041