Only a few options will maybe help ...
Loki's Lost key ... would allow you to spawn in whatever you desire. or MCC sandbox ( also needs old arma CBA to run )
Halek did a fantastic job, of a harder-core "survival" mission here. In someways, a bit "too hardcore" in my opnion.
I don't think anything from dayz was "removed" persay, just the chances of spawning are greatly decreased. I think what he was going for was following some "story line" , that "post-infection" after a couple of years, things would be much harder to find ...
In this, I found the winchester to be the best "gun" findable and used on AI ... , the "ghouls" seem to be armed better than most others.
I found it harder to find water/drinks ... unless raping dead AI bodies ... I found absolutely no hatchets , knives , or matches to "hunt animals" with ...
I did not find one working vehicle , nor any parts to fix them.
No "patrols" to take a vehicle from ...
My two complaints on this mod/mission was the coloration when you get "low blood" , gives me a head-ache after a bit ... and the way it "starts" , unless you want to swim hours ... you can really only "start" on roughly the SE corner of the land map.
While it was decent mod, and I appreciate everything halek did in it ... it was too much same old stuff, just a bit harder , and got a bit boring after a short while of playing.
Found a way to run this without the OA Beta Patch using Steam:
1. Download DayZ 18.104.22.168 from here (@Client-22.214.171.124-Full.rar): http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/126.96.36.199/ 2. Download the 2018 files in the OP.
3. Make a folder called "@2018" in your Arma 2 OA directory; inside, create a folder called "Addons".
4. Add all the DayZ 188.8.131.52 files to the Addons folder inside "@2018".
5. Copy & Paste all the files from the Addons folder of the package you just downloaded into the Addons folder inside @2018 (overwrite dayz files).
6. Add the mission file to your "Missions" folder in your arma 2 OA directory.
7. In Steam, right click Arma 2:Operation Arrow head > Properties > Set Launch Options > Paste "-mod=@2018" > run the game from steam
8. Then go Single Player > Scenarios > 2018
I also did this bit just in case:
"NOTE : If you have an error message about missing content, you might have to copy the Addons folder from Arma 2 into your Operation Arrowhead folder."
Nice nostalgia trip! My last post here was 6 years ago :O
The exact paths will depend on your Arma2 install.
Double click the shortcut and you should be good to go.
Couple of points to note:
* You can use the most recent version of Arma 2 without issue - no need to muck around with Beta this or that. Follow either this post or the post by forum member "WB" above this one for Steam related stuff.
* You can use older versions of Arma 2 (GOG used to have a version) and patch it to the minimum required 103718 (Use the OP's instructions)
* Watch for "cross contamination" between mods / Arma versions - this can cause "missing content" messages.
* The mods listed in the first post by the OP can easily be added. They extract to their own folders like @2018 - @CoWar or @CBA. Remember, you need to add them to the command line...