RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

1 ... 32333435363738 ... 41

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

wyson_x
 There are too less guns and supplys spawning !!!  Always the rust M14 ! Does it has sniper guns?? where ? I can't find them even the  US airport !!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

wyson_x
 There are too less guns and supplys spawning !!!  Always the rust M14 ! Does it has sniper guns?? where ? I can't find them even the  US airport !!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

jack4star
Hey Haleks i was wondering if there are gear in Cars that you find and are there patrolling cars?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

rickfist
when is etttttttttttttt im young an impatient

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 [31/01/2014 UPDATED]

berkd
Haleks wrote
ataribaby wrote
I think 2018 is your best creation so far. Had great firefights from Cerno, where I landed, to Elektro where I deployed tent in woods above town. Bandits are sneaky. Just some questions. I didn't see matches yet and also tents seems to be missing, at least at cerno hospital. I heard tents are no longer part of map in misson file and are henerated by dayz scripts. Maybe missing tents are intentional? Also I am not sure if zeds reacts to AI fire. I got bandits fire at me and zeds not do much. Maybe they all started walk towards source but I am not sure. I think in factions they run towards firing AI. Just wanna thank you. 2018 has perfect atmosphere and I even not leaved coast yet to the north.
Thanks man!
About your questions :
I think the tents at the Tcherno hospital have been removed in DayZ 1.8 - I'm not sure though, seen as I didn't play online for a long time. I'll check the dayz changelogs; but I don't see any other reasons : those tents are generated along with junk & roadblocks and those spawn just fine.
As for the zed reaction to gunshot, the thing is (in both Factions & 2018) zeds can hear the player from quite far compared to AI gunshots. Right now zeds won't hear AI gunshots further than 100 meters.
I guess I could increase that value, but it will make it really difficult to keep AI alive, and bandits will most likely spend their time running from zeds rather than engaging targets. :/
And matches are there all right, although they're not super common. ;)

Ultrazen wrote
I noticed a break that seems related to the island Skalisty .. when I chose this island at the beginning and I will parachute if I approach the village and I made pop zombies, I then went to elektro and nothing more, nor zombies, loot, or obstacle on the road .. I have done many times and always experience the same conclusion this is really strange. But if I do not approach me and track my village road, no problems. more in this village I have never found a single loot. I had to at least 20 or 30 tests :). at the end I used the teleporter Loky (broken aware that it might itself qque thing) but the same conclusion. Weather-related? can be ..

Moin annoying there as the surviving doctor who can not take care of me, not even cheat loky that no longer works well .. not annoying but wanted you know.
Well I'm totally confused :/
I tend to begin the game on Skalisty and never had any issue so far... I honestly don't know what's happening right there. :/
As for the medics, they can only heal broken legs, they're not supposed to give your blood back.

mp5lng wrote
Well Haleks...I don't know if The wooden Crates are supposed to be there but i found one :/

mean while.....i dropped a quick image in here, it's a combination between both mods, it really fits the 2018's atmosphere. I hope you folks use that addon too.
Yes wooden crates are supposed to spawn, why shouldn't they? ^^
And Fedus 'addon is perfect for this release - the extra enterable buildings are a gift when it snows! ;)

Hello Haleks, ive been a big fan of dayz and have been waiting for a single player with ai to come out. i checked out your 2018 mod which is amazing. you stated in the quote above. that u can increase the value at which zeds can react to ai gun fire. if by chance u don't increase it. how can i increase it on my own? i prefer the ai to have the same distance that i, the "player" has. because when i get into a firefight with bandits in a town. a good number of zombies run towards me, forcing me to fall back and hide in some kind of shelter. while the ai bandit can fire as many rounds as we wants and can flank me without any zeds attacking him. i would prefer that everything is the same, even if its hard to keep ai alive at that point. i figured it should be hard in a zed infested world. cuss otherwise they survive easily with no repercussion for firing off a loud gun, cuss at this point its like the zeds dont react to the gunfire at all. so if its possible to turn up the gun shot range, please let me know. thank you

Re: hi!

alechr
Hey Haleks, any news on this? Really looking forward on your Arma3 project!!!

Haleks wrote
While testing the current system, I've been able to set up a recon mission on "Porto Island" in a matter of minutes (My Littlebird has been quickly shot down by some bandits hidden in a forest...) as well as a more complex scenario on Fallujah mixing "Generation Kill" (a military convoy supported by a chopper) and zombie post-apo stuff.

Coming soon™!

Re: hi!

Haleks
Hi Alechr!

I've been quite busy as usual! ^^
I was waiting for BIS to fix some command scripts and functions related to control of spawned agents (entities with a very basic AI routine) - those were very much needed to improve the way zombies are handled (until recently, each spawned zed needed its own group, wich could be a problem for mission making regarding the group limit per side).

I've partially re-worked the radiation system (and fixed quite a few bugs) but it is still WIP. I'll probably wait after the initial release to finish it : it will most likely require a lot of time & experimentations, but I already have a basic system working.

Right now I am in the middle of changing a few things to make future development as smooth as possible.
As some of you guys may know, it has not been so long since I started modding on Arma, and this is quite an ambitious project so things take more time than I thought.
But I'll do my best to release it before/around christmas. ;)

Re: hi!

tucks
looking forward to it!

Re: hi!

Haleks
Oh Jesus!
I have half a mind to wait for this to come out before releasing the mod : CUP mod video

Those guys are working on porting every possible content from Arma 2 + DLC (not only the weapons), upgraded to Arma3 standards. <3

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

darren0306
Was heading from the NE airfield down south towards Berezino and came across this guy just standing in the woods.  I watched for a minute, he kneeled down, made a few movements, then started walking away.  I approached him and he just stopped, i circled around and came closer, but he never did anything.  I then shot him once in the face and he fell to the ground, he had a watch, map, radio, and compass on him.  Been playing 2018 for about 6 months now and have not encountered this before, is this the dreaded Ghoul? or just some poor fellow lost in the woods? anyways, thought it was interesting!

Re: hi!

alechr
Thanks for the update Haleks! And thanks for putting CUP on my radar, that's an awesome project! But it also looks like it's going to take some time to get done, there is a lot of content. You sure you want to wait for it before releasing your mod?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

Mindjacker
Up for another replay of 2018 I like that SP lone wander type of immersive experience kind of like Stalker. The new Steam update DayZ 1.8.3 seems to have affected 2018 via z_Villager2 missing? So I rolled back to DayZ 1.8.0.3.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

Stormforge
@Darren
From the pic I am guessing right up the hill from you was a large bandit camp with a crashed C-130? There are a few neutral NPCs in the camp that you cannot interact with. Though there is one you can recruit if you can clear out the bandits.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

darren0306
Can someone please help me with the cleanup script by DMZ?   I notice that after playing a while, things begin to slow down, menus don't open as fast, same thing with the icons on the side, i am thinking this script may help that out. I tried reading the instructions but i don't quite understand what they mean, when it comes to scripting in A2 or daizy i am completely hopeless.

Can anyone simplify it for me?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

Stormforge
I believe there is a clean up script already in 2018. Set up a tent and sleep.

Re: hi!

alechr wrote
Thanks for the update Haleks! And thanks for putting CUP on my radar, that's an awesome project! But it also looks like it's going to take some time to get done, there is a lot of content. You sure you want to wait for it before releasing your mod?
It's already out! ^^
But I'll probably wait a few updates & bug fixes before implementing in "Ravage" (Yes, the mod has a name now!).
Anyway, while I'm waiting on a few authorizations (since I'm using assets from DayZ mod, wich is supposed to be Arma2 only) I kept working on some stuff : mission makers won't need to hand-place vehicles anymore!
Well, not all of them : civilian vehicles will be spawned all over the map at mission start (in a logical way) and will be dynamically cached, allowing to spawn a lot of them without impacting performances.
I just need to modify the function to include addon vehicles if they are detected and test its peformances in extreme situations.

But it simplifies mission making a great deal and makes it ridiculously fast & easy to set up your own missions on any map you want : just create a playable unit, run a code line and you have it all - zombies, bandits (wheeled or on foot), survivors and wrecked (but most of the time fixable) vehicles.
(It still have to figure something out for the loot spawn system, right now it requires quite some fiddling.)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

xhuntersz23
sir may i ask for help? i am new here, and i am always a dayz fan, but unfortunately don't have enough money to buy the original game and play in steam.

so here's my question sir
how to install the game?
can you give me step by step tutorial?
what versions of arma 2 do i need?(im currently downloading arma 2 CO with OA)

hoping for your quick response sir, i am glad you made this awesome mod for single player Dayz
thousand thumbs up for you sir.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

Haleks
xhuntersz23 wrote
sir may i ask for help? i am new here, and i am always a dayz fan, but unfortunately don't have enough money to buy the original game and play in steam.

so here's my question sir
how to install the game?
can you give me step by step tutorial?
what versions of arma 2 do i need?(im currently downloading arma 2 CO with OA)

hoping for your quick response sir, i am glad you made this awesome mod for single player Dayz
thousand thumbs up for you sir.
Hi!
Here's a link to a video tutorial made some time ago by Astocky : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGiHS42_yt4
You'll need Arma 2 CO indeed, as well as dayz 1.8.0.3 (not the latest version!).
You should also find all informations you may need in the first post.
Don't hesitate to post back if you need more infos! Hope you'll enjoy the mod! ;)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

xhuntersz23
tnx sir, already playing it now :3 but there are to many zombies, and less weapons and food, and also there's no bandints to kill :3 can u change the code? or can u help me change the codes?

Re: hi!

Niceonegunit
Haleks wrote
Anyway, while I'm waiting on a few authorizations (since I'm using assets from DayZ mod, wich is supposed to be Arma2 only)
Oooh, I really wouldn't do that.
Rocket ain't going to let you use DayZ stuff in ArmA III end of story.

It would very certainly hurt the sales of DayZ standalone.

We all know what happened to Zoombies!...

EDIT: Then again, the kid that 'made' Zoombies! was a shitbag.
Although R4Z0R or whatever the hell the guy is named is effectively the head of the team on the mod, Rocket still 'owns' DayZ, does he not?
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)
1 ... 32333435363738 ... 41