RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble wrote
Which of your PBOs could be popped into other maps' files to help alleviate that sort of situation without causing catastrophic shenanigans?
The only thing you can do to play DayZ+ on other maps is either run map X with the DayZ+ files (dayz_code, dayz_anim etc etc).

Wich would remove the loot in custom buildings, unless it's Utes, Lingor, Takistan, Fallujah and Zargabad (I'm not 100% sure about Takistan, Fallujah and Zargabad, but I'm pretty sure they use the same buildings that Chernarus has). :)

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble
Hmm...If I just used Chernarus, could I conceivably combine this with DayZ 2017? Or the ArnA Energy Grid mod?

Because I have a vision now. Of starting out small. Small and weak, nothing to my name. To find materials and build a base from the ground up, to restore power to the little section of Chernarus I've made safe, to be the light in the darkness.

It'd make a hell of a LAN game.

You could, it would be hard, thought. You would have to edit the dayz_code. And the mission.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble
Crap. I'm no good with PBO editing.

Eh, I'll just use this until someone just decides to throw other stuff together.

I'm thinking a base with a bus used as the door. Drive it back and forth to open and close.

EDIT: Oh, does this have the old cheat menu that I can use to give myself the hero skin?

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble wrote
Crap. I'm no good with PBO editing.

Eh, I'll just use this until someone just decides to throw other stuff together.

I'm thinking a base with a bus used as the door. Drive it back and forth to open and close.

EDIT: Oh, does this have the old cheat menu that I can use to give myself the hero skin?
Heh.

I remember playing with my old squad, we were at NWAF, and we put busses as cover. And sat inside a hangar. That was pretty fun.

Yes, it should have that cheat menu. I'm re-applying the skin selection (with the female skins now) to the Taviana mission too. It will be released soon, I just have to work a feature out. :-)

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble
My friends and I did a similar thing on a server that had the vehicles from DayZ 2017 (The rusty and armored ones), but we did it in the middle of that one walled in factory area in Cherno that had all the catwalks. The one Fort Friendly was built in that one time.

W noticed that the wire fences and sandbags didn't stop zombies, so we made some specific boxed in areas with tank traps to contain our bus-doors, landed our heli on top of the building there, made cover with a bunch of sandbags, and kept our cars in the warehouse across the street while we camped out in the sheltered parts of the pipe/catwalk thing. It was great until the server went down and we lost everything.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble wrote
My friends and I did a similar thing on a server that had the vehicles from DayZ 2017 (The rusty and armored ones), but we did it in the middle of that one walled in factory area in Cherno that had all the catwalks. The one Fort Friendly was built in that one time.

W noticed that the wire fences and sandbags didn't stop zombies, so we made some specific boxed in areas with tank traps to contain our bus-doors, landed our heli on top of the building there, made cover with a bunch of sandbags, and kept our cars in the warehouse across the street while we camped out in the sheltered parts of the pipe/catwalk thing. It was great until the server went down and we lost everything.
Awesome story, with a sad ending. :(

Restarts have been fucking me over, but also helped me alot.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble
Started playing, spawned at the schoolhouse in Novy Sobor, my two allies spawned from the church and were immediately fired on by the two snipers surrounding the town and the two bandits sneaking about within. I grabbed one of my friend's hunting rifles and took out the bandits, who had surprisingly good loot. I could only find one of my friends' bodies, so I buried him and made my way out of the town, whereupon I killed the snipers. I found a fully stocked chinook. I assume it belonged to the bandits. I thought to take it, but it doesn't feel right to fly around in a chinook if it's just me, so I just took what I wanted out of it (L85A2 AWS, g17, 10 clips for one and 7 for the other, and a coyote backpack full of all the cooked meat and beans I could ever want) and blew it up.

But now I'm wondering, once I grab the materials, how do I turn them into a base? And do they stop zombies?

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble wrote
But now I'm wondering, once I grab the materials, how do I turn them into a base? And do they stop zombies?
The constructions are currently bugged. I thought you knew. D;

I will be looking into it, though.

And yes, I'm pretty sure they'll stop zombies.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

AzzaR4
It will be bad ass when we can finally build bases. Any idea on what would be causing the 'buggy construction' Above?

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

AzzaR4
AzzaR4 wrote
It will be bad ass when we can finally build bases. Any idea on what would be causing the 'buggy construction' Above?
I might open PBO and have a look but im only very new at the editing side of things

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

AzzaR4
It appears that this file path doesnt exist "CfgMagazines" >> _item >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "create"
I got the command path from player_build.sqf from DayZ_Code. It appears CfgMagazines doesnt exist at all???

dont take my word for it though you should probably double check...Ive been wrong before

The whole dayz code packade is the exact same as MP. That's where it gets strange.

The whole dayz code packade is the exact same as MP. That's where it gets strange.
have you noticed any other strange issues? But I see what you mean...it is really weird if its the complete full package from MP and it were to be missing files

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

Raposa
Do you have any estimate of when the buildings will work?

Yes, it is strange. And no, everything else works perfectly. I went ahead and tried every skin + the ball you can toss. Works like a sharm. I'll have to check it out. Probably gotta add the building code to the mission file, if it's meant to have a server to run them.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

random guy
Yeah, Any estimates

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

random guy wrote
Yeah, Any estimates

I will take a look at it now. I hope I can solve it fast. =)

And if so, I will start taking the vehicle salvage scripts, and the basebuilding script and maybe put on more missions. =)

I'm also looking into killmessages with range. Would be cool to have imo.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

AzzaR4
Im having a quick look through now also...see if I can be of any help

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

AzzaR4 wrote
Im having a quick look through now also...see if I can be of any help
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I know how to get it fixed. Stuff just popped up. :( I will throw an eye on it now before I go to sleep.
123456