RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

speaker-60
What about adding the 'surviver zombies' as a separate ai class like the bandits and survivers, just make them behave like the other zombies?

i hope so i wouldnt want to build a base and have zombies just ghost through walls lol

My quiestion is, is there a way to prevent spawning of zombies/bandits in an area you have now assigned as your base. It wouldnt be much of a base if zombies could just spawn in, it would be cool to build some sort of 'HQ' like structure that prevents spawning with in a radius. I guess a more easier alternitive would to be to hand place some sort of structure/object that indicates to us the player that zombies dont spawn in that area so when looking to make bases we know to look for these objects to find 'safe zones' to build.

Just a thought anyway not exactly important right now seeing as the building is broken lol :P

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

Haleks
Zeds don't spawn anywhere on the map, you can usely find them near anykind of building except a few ones - knowing that, there's plenty of space for your base, just don't build it next to a city! ^^

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

speaker-60
what if you wanted to re-take a city/town so to speak lol

i know waistland dose this, but id like to be able to pickup/move furniture so i can go round and load up a truck full of furniture to take back to base. Whats a base with out furniture :P

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

speaker-60 wrote

Now we're talking about stuff way out of reach, as for the mod. I'm not even sure the Standalone will provide us with this at launch.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

speaker-60
I can dream haha

although what im describing is pritty much state of deacy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yvUGEmj_MY cant wait for a playable demo of that :P

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

speaker-60 wrote
I can dream haha

although what im describing is pritty much state of deacy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yvUGEmj_MY cant wait for a playable demo of that :P
That gameplay looked boss! :o

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

Haleks
Do the IA survivors get the new skins? It's kinda boring to always see the same 3 skins in your squad...

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

Haleks wrote
Do the IA survivors get the new skins? It's kinda boring to always see the same 3 skins in your squad...
My releases got the friendly AI set to have all skins (survivor female/male, hero skin, camo clothing and Ghillie Suit). However I did not make the AI spawn with the new skins yet. Might do that for the update.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

Haleks
Would be nice mate ;) Some diversity would be great for DayZ SP!

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

speaker-60
yer there are loads of skins added by verious mods too would be nice to have diversity, come to think of it dosnt the celle map add new zombie skins thayd be nice in here too :P

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

As before though, there will only be skins and items from the actual MP mod, though. (From my releases anyways.

Apart from "Extra releases". But the mainrelease wont be much different from what you get on most servers.

speaker-60 wrote
Yes, I can look into that. I kinda stopped using mods, though. Because people would have to download so much stuff.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

Haleks
Compared to other games, there isn't that much to download when it comes to modding arma 2. I had something like a hundred of mods for Skyrim...

Above wrote
As before though, there will only be skins and items from the actual MP mod, though. (From my releases anyways.

Apart from "Extra releases". But the mainrelease wont be much different from what you get on most servers.
No problem with that! :)
But having IA's actually using/wearing the new items provided by DayZ+ (or any other mod) is already a nice improvement in the SP feeling.
EDIT : I should add that those new skins is actually what I appreciate the most about this mod ;)

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

Haleks wrote
Compared to other games, there isn't that much to download when it comes to modding arma 2. I had something like a hundred of mods for Skyrim...

Above wrote
As before though, there will only be skins and items from the actual MP mod, though. (From my releases anyways.

Apart from "Extra releases". But the mainrelease wont be much different from what you get on most servers.
No problem with that! :)
But having IA's actually using/wearing the new items provided by DayZ+ (or any other mod) is already a nice improvement in the SP feeling.
EDIT : I should add that those new skins is actually what I appreciate the most about this mod ;)

Same, especially the terrorist skin. I love it.

I never really modded my Skyrim. xD

And yes, the various skins on friendlies are awesome. However I got a new tactic for the AI. I explain this in the Chernarus post in the "Upcomming/Projects".

I'm also (finally) fixing the Namalsk mission I was talking about. I still have much on my list. But the priority goes:

1. Namalsk. (This will replace the v5 completly, I will keep it on MF tho).
2. Wasteland/regular modded Chernarus.
3. DayZ+

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

robjanos
Is there any chance of you making the regular Cherno map and just add AI bandits, and extra player slots for multi-player (random spawns), with a decent load out to start (random), and a Day/Night cycle of 24 minutes?

and also would you know how this guy replaced the DayZ's animations with The Undead Mod's animations?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gJ8lVkD9Qdc#t=255s

id pay to play something like this lolz!

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

robjanos wrote
Is there any chance of you making the regular Cherno map and just add AI bandits, and extra player slots for multi-player (random spawns), with a decent load out to start (random), and a Day/Night cycle of 24 minutes?

and also would you know how this guy replaced the DayZ's animations with The Undead Mod's animations?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gJ8lVkD9Qdc#t=255s

id pay to play something like this lolz!

1. I might at some point. :)

2. Should be as easy as just downloading the mod, lol. :P

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble
Would this work with the other DaiZy maps? Like if I had Celle or Lingor and this, could I make the buildings while playing on Celle or Lingor?

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble wrote
Would this work with the other DaiZy maps? Like if I had Celle or Lingor and this, could I make the buildings while playing on Celle or Lingor?
Not sure, might do. You'll lose features, though.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble
Which ones?

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble wrote
Which ones?

Not entirely sure, tbh. Now when I think of it, the only thing you'd lose would be custom building's loot.

Seeing as the whole DayZ+ changes are in the dayz_code. And that's also where all the spawn coords are. :(

Re: RELEASE: DayZ+ singleplayer

TechnoScrabble
Which of your PBOs could be popped into other maps' files to help alleviate that sort of situation without causing catastrophic shenanigans?

123456