RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

12345678 ... 11

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
I am not worried about DayZ, my computer runs fine to be perfectly honest. I am wondering what else can games do to speed up things.

@Dayz_SP You said that before I think, I understand that they are still developing stuff.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 960T/1600T @ 3.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUSTek M5A99X EVO
Memory: Corsair XMS3 CM3X1G1333C9 4x1GB
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

But seriously DayZ_SP, what happened to the Taviana mission? Would really like to know. D:

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
Maybe he was planning to release something on the same thread but delete the old content and replace it with new? I am just assuming of course. :)

Edit: I just noticed. Google ads are appearing only on my posts. How weird.

By the way why did the tents have to go in 01c? Also, didn't DaiyZ releases already have random survivors?

While playing the maps included with DaiyZ Ultimate (AEG) I encountered a survivor which attacked me on sight just like a bandit near a field hospital on a road. I hesitated to shoot at first, but then I thought that it's just AI and it's not going to show me any mercy at all. So I just shot her in the head with a Winchester 1866. I just love that shotgun. :3

I wish there was a silenced Lee Enfield or a gun like that. That would kick ass.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

The Winchester is a beast!

And about this update, AI now got a random handgun, and random military loot. + they will most likely have decent weaponry now! :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
If it turns out the A.I. in these latest releases is just too brutal... I can use one of Unknown's original "Skills" scripts to tone them down a bit and give them a more varied range of skills (aim, endurance, accuracy, etc).

Just let me know...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

No way! (imo). They're perfect now! :D

I wanna have to shit my pants while looting places! :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
I agree with AboveDayz, I think I had fun while getting clobbered by a bandit.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster wrote
I agree with AboveDayz, I think I had fun while getting clobbered by a bandit.
The thing I felt the older versions were missing was the whole adrenaline part, where you expect to encounter gunfights. Like MP. :3

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Btw, DayZ_SP. We got new goodies to play with ----> http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103845-rolling-changelog-for-community-builds/

Fedus_87 linked this in the general chat.

I really wanna have those in a mission. :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
Updated UI and new weapons. Everyones dream, nice find.

I just also read a wish list for DayZ standalone. It is good, I just wish DayZ also had its own single player element in case you want to get away from all those cheaters/hackers.

It's two reasons why I don't play DayZ as much as I want to.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Tbh, about the hackers. I reckon many of them are hilarious! Me and a friend (he just started) was scouting out cherno because we were about to loot it. And a hacker starts throwing artillerys at us, he missed with 2. Then he gives up, comes to us, tries to spray us with 100 rounds of Mk48 and misses all of them. That shit was hilarious. xD

But yah, I also play SP because of hackers, not only, but partly. I genuinly like what SP has to offer.

Also, try out some private hives if you wanna get away from hackers. :P I play on some awesome private hive servers with active admins, custom gear and stuff.

Btw, I went on an official server, to see if we had the new GUI, this was not the case, so when do we actually get to see those changes? I want this update on SP D':

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
My guess is the new update (1.7.5?) will be right before Christmas, so a lot of kids on Winter Break can play / test it out?

One of the big failings of Rocket's social experiment is it inevitably brought out the worst in people... the hackers... And this is also because of the engine being so moddable as well.

Before "DayZ", the ArmA community consisted of mostly older adults e.g. Military & Law Enforcement vets, Realism Enthusiasts, etc. So, there was never any real need for an anti-cheat because the community was generally trustworthy and mature. So, when "DayZ" went mainstream and started attracting the immature idiots who get their kicks from griefing others online this is when the "community" changed and changed for the worst, IMO. This might sound elitist, but these are the facts.

Getting killed by Bandits is one thing. That's part of the game. You can choose to "survive at all costs", or work together with others in a more communal way. I have no problem with this dynamic because that is what this game is all about: Creating your own story.

Getting killed by some 12-year old script kiddie who downloads a pack of scripts from some cheat site and who gets cheap thrills from launching players into the air is, and never was part of the game. This kid is only here because of the Zombie aspect and doesn't care about ArmA, or its original community.

This is why a lot of ArmA vets have a problem with new players, and I don't blame them.  They aren't saying new players should not come to the game and have fun, they just wish the immature kiddies... the hackers... would stay away. This is precisely why "DayZ" is becoming a stand alone and NOT part of ArmA 3 as it was originally going to be, thankfully.

I apologize for the rant, but if you couple the rampant hacking with people coming to ArmA and stealing others FREE work and having the nerve to illegally charge for it... You can see why there is a lot of antagonism between ArmA vets and the so-called community that is now taking over. Games should be for people of all ages, but ArmA is sadly being taken over by assholes and idiots... Present company excluded, of course ... And it is a shame, IMO.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
On a more positive note...

I think I am going to remove the "Random Survivors" because they are basically the same as Bandits.

Instead, I can just have the Bandit script also choose normal Survivor skins... Except skin #3, the Hero Skin... As well as the standard Bandit skins we are used to (Bandit1, Female Bandit and Ghillie Suit). I'll even add the skins that aren't that common like the Camo1 skin as well as Rocket's personal DayZ skin and the Soldier1 skin for variety.

Doing it this way makes it less CPU intensive because the only difference between a Bandit and Survivor in SP is the skin (model) the game chooses to spawn the AI as. Unlike MP, the game doesn't use "humanity" when spawning either a Survivor, or Bandit to determine the model.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP wrote
My guess is the new update (1.7.5?) will be right before Christmas, so a lot of kids on Winter Break can play / test it out?
It said that it's a rolling update on 1.7.4.4. That's why I was so confused. :S Either way, I wanna fucking use this UI asap D: it looks BEAST!

And about what you said about ArmA, I agree.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
Hackers, games. It will never change. It's just sad really.

I did an extensive playthrough this time put 2 hours in the game. Well I got bombarded by bandits and survivors. Some spawn like only 50m away from me. while I am walking in the open for just a moment or in any place for that matter. They just spontaneously spawn everywhere! I couldn't count how many times I have died. Once I got completely surrounded by several bandits and survivors, 5 AI's in total.

Every time some AI's get spawned in I get a lag spike of about 2-3 seconds. And then shots start going ape shit everywhere it was crazy how many AI's keep spawning. I think I got what I wanted but now it's too much I think, ahaha.

I never even got the chance to get very far as the frequency of spawns is very very common. from the edge of the beach I spent around 1hr fending off AI's and another hour spent on the edge of Elektro.

Sometimes the AI feels completely inconsistent in it's actions, for example, they spawn, walk around for a bit, start spraying bullets everywhere. Others specifically try to hunt me down and others completely forget about me even though they saw me. And sometimes some AI appears with name "Unknown" and a ghillie suit without any weapons or gear and starts running in one direction. Oh and by the way he is invincible. I shot him 10 times with an M16 ACOG and he just kept on jogging. One survivor was capable to survive a headshot from up close.

To sum it up, the AI is freaking out, is kinda hard, they carry blood bags but I can't use them on myself, (of course, but I remember DaiyZ Rz0 release where you were able to use blood bags on yourself) and they spawn very quick, plus they spawn quite near you.

The military weapons now spawn extremely commonly on bandits. They all either have a good sniper rifle or an assault rifle and leave me in the dust in few seconds. Somehow I don't find it very fun to get killed so easily even though I shouldn't be spotted.

Basically, the whole map becomes a struggle for survival not against zombies, but against people.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

About the lag, yup. I lagged pretty bad after a while too. Didn't test more (for other reasons) and just went back to Namalsk/01a. I will do some more testing tho.

And about the AI, that's the fun. When you see them 50m away, your first goal is to get behind something ASAP. 5 enemies aren't all that much. :P That's the fun part, where you're actually close to losing your shit. :D before you could just do whatever and they wouldn't spot you at all, pretty much. But again, I haven't played this for so long. But when I did (before/during the lag) I shot at one, hit him but didn't kill him. He didn't turn towards me (I said: Hello buddy, don't turn towards me or I will shoot you. Press "g" and drop your gun). Jokes, but what I'm trying to say is that what I experienced was fine, sure I got assgraped once, but the next time, I had the advantage. Just like MP.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
But now it feels like your worst enemy are people, zombies just get in the way. And I get the feeling I am playing in a laggy server with 20-30 people all in one town.

AI spawns with high tier weapons and there is not much variety, to be honest around 30 AI's spawned in one hour of gameplay. That is just insane! I would never meet that many people on a server anywhere in that amount of time. And they only used about 4 weapons out of all the others they could have chosen and the loot they have is very predictable.

It's as if all the bandits in the game went to the airfield up north, completely looted it, fixed a helicopter, and fly to the town or near it, they all disembark and start playing hide and seek with you. They gang up on me easily.

The difficulty of the AI is A-Okay. But they spawn instantly near you and have nearly the best weapons most of the time.

I have noticed from earlier releases that out of all the loot that normally would be on a survivor or a bandit, bandages are the most rare to find, why?

I think it's probably because I came to value them a lot, more than a weapon actually. Because every time I open up a save, I start bleeding, I mentioned this before.

Sorry if I am complaining too much, it's just that it feels like the AI has an army that just tries to wipe you out.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Idk man.. I maybe played for an hour, and most of the ones I met had Winchester/M4's. I also saw someone with M14 AIM. I think it's fairly balanced regarding the guns they have (but again, I haven't played for long enough to really tell). However what I experienced for the short time I played was awesome. I will have another testing session tomorrow to have a more accurate opinion. 1 thing I know for a fact that I don't want to change tho, is their intelligence/skill/detect level. The spawns could obviously be less and more spread out. (But again, I haven't really payed attention to this). I think I had 4 spawns in cherno during my run earlier. Didn't encounter that many tbf.

And about the guns, the better guns they have, the better will it feel when you nail them. ;o
That's what I like, when you actually deserve to loot M107's/DMR's/M14 AIM's and stuff. When you really have that feel "oh shit, I really deserve this gear" whilst sitting in fear with 2k blood. x')

Edit* I will try to sleep again, so I will most likely reply tomorrow. So it's not me beeing dissrespectful.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
Don't worry, I adjusted the spawn radius to be a little farther out in my last testing session.

Also, after spending about 30 minutes with the new AI... There is no way I am changing it

I was scouting the garage building in Kamrovo, and then AI corned me inside! I had no choice but to go up and out onto the catwalks and then the AI started blasting the windows out! It was like a scene out of an action movie where the hero runs along the catwalk as the windows shatter behind him from gunfire!

I eventually made it out, wounded and was trying for the UAZ I had parked a few hundred meters outside town. That's when the shit really hit the fan... two, three more AI spawned in... The Rocket Skin, a "Survivor" and a bandit and all three were gunning for me and each other!

So, now I am trying to get to the UAZ because I stored some bandages and painkillers in it... But I'm pinned down behind a tree by the Survivor with the M107! Luckily one of the other Bandits decided to put a hole in her...Yes, it was a female Survivor with the anti-material sniper rifle... So, that left me free to try and crawl to the UAZ... Except then the Bandit decided to finish what the female Survivor had started with his FAL!

Oh, yeah. There is no way I am changing anything about the AI other than tweaking the spawning radius...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
@AboveDayz You seem to be a better equipped to deal with so many of them. :)

I'm going to play for a bit, maybe I will get better at this. Oh and good night.

@Dayz_SP Haha, you really had to focused to actually properly gun down someone and avoid fire.

Yes, don't change the AI skill. Also I like the your "Sir" mustache smiley there.

I think you also fixed the issue where the AI just never spawns, ever, just zombies.

I am crap with scoped weapons, it takes too damn long for me to aim and short to medium ranges and now the AI reacts even faster. I prefer iron sights or the red dot ones. Too bad the enemies never spawned with the weapons that I wanted. It's like I have to earn them.

I just wish all those blood bags could be put to bloody use. I never pick up antibiotics ever since I found that infection doesn't work on DaiyZ.

Now I think all that DaiyZ needs is fine tuning, it's getting better each time I play I play the SP release missions. So I am staying along for the ride.