RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

12345 ... 11

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

fedus_87
Administrator
cant wait to see the crafting stuff you have in store i have seen the script you are talking about it was used in the survive dayz mod for dayz mod lol but yea i love the way you think man im always excited when i see a release from you niceonegunit you 2 always have some amazing work you 2 are taking this mod to its full potential thank you

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Wow, if you can pull all this off, that would bring it to a whole other level! >_>

Btw, what made the AI better now was that they seem to be positioned more like MP, spread out in the woods somehow. On the 042eX, they hung around the airfield. But I could still lootcycle south barracks without any action. Now however, they're in the woods and everything. So now I actually got a challange looting NWA, wich is boss. It actually really feels like MP to me.

And the backpack/loot thing, that just sounds DOPE. I mean, I've always been saying "DaiZy is just as MP".
But after every release, there's something new to make it feel like MP. God, I just love everything everyone have done for this project.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Omg, just gotta say 1 more thing... You've made this one just as MP regarding humanity etc. If you hit "save" whenever you die or change skin, let's say you're a bandit, and you put a ghillie on, and then remove it. You'll still have your bandit skin afterwards. Wich is insanly pro. And same thing if you die and have "save" you hit "end" and resume, just like rejoining a server after dying, and you got the same skin and everything.

Edit* One more thing, can you tell me what script to mod in order to remove the vehicle spawns, or delete them. I'd want the official spawns (wich spawn x at x as soon as you start). Because whenever I play the latest releases, my vehicle spawn goes nuts. There's always about 1k vehicles when I've been playing for a while. xD

EDIT2* I removed the vehicle spawns (they were going nuts for me) if you had the same problem, comment here and I will upload it.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

coyote
Hey was wondering if someone could help me out, im new on the forum so hello everyone, I downloaded this (Brilliant by the way) and i played it pretty legit workin my way through the towns looting, after about 3 or 4 hours of gameplay i got to Berezino to loot but nothing spawned no zombies, bandits, or loot. just the squad that u run into in towns. if anyone could help i would really appreciate it. and also if this was alreay discussed then i apologize if i didnt see it. Thanks for any help i receive, yall have a good one

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Coyote, I don't know what causes it. But I also ran into some loot problems, sometimes loot and zombies seem to get stuck for a while. However, loot started spawning after a while. Same goes for zombies. I've also been up at NWA alot, and killed plenty of bandits while just cycling the loot at the northern barracks. And I also noticed how bandits stopped appearing. I then went to the southern barracks, and more showed up, ALOT more. I guess it's all about the triggers. However loot and zombies should not be affected by this. Not sure man.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

coyote
Oh ok so it all started spawning again? as soon as i got to berezino and didnt see anything i thot it was me so i quit and tried moving some stuff around so i had to restart. well its good to know stuff spawns again eventually. The SP  game is a masterpiece in progress, so im sure alot more stuff will get fixed. thank you for your help too, also one more question, when they do upload a newer version of the single player or a patch, or anything like that do they upload it on here

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

fedus_87
Administrator
yes im pretty sure anything that is daizy related will be posted here in the forums and on the main page of kadabars install instructions

http://kodabar.blogspot.com/2012/05/dayz-offline-single-player-practice.html

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
UPDATE:

DaiyZ ULTIMATE v01a

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6h6feb7yevy8

Change Log:

-Corrected internal script syntax and deleted double entries. Map should run a little better now than previous versions.

-Added random backpacks to AI Bandits & Survivors when spawned.

-Removed AEG (ArmA Electrical Grid) markers from map view. No more colored circles!

There are a lot of function scripts that aren't needed now, and if I ever get the time, I will try and stream line the map. However, this is a very low priority. Performance gains would be N/A even with things cleaned up.

I thought players would like the random backpacks to further immerse the feel of online play and to not have to stare at the annoying colored circles since the AEG mod is only for aesthetics in DayZ.

No updates to night version; Night version was to showcase AEG rather than be a fully playable version.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Wow, DayZ_SP... Aren't you a master! I will have so much fun with this, like I didn't completly love the old one. xD

One question, though. Does the backpacks have different chances to appear? Coyote having the smallest chance and so on? :-)

Thanks for all the work you've done!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

fedus_87
Administrator
i had a 20-30 minute play and i had to quit because it got so laggy i mean i got down to 5 fps idk what it was but it was only 1 play of it though so it could have just been acting weird but it seemed to proggresivly get worse like around 10 mins i was down to about 15-20 fps and by 25-30 mins i had 5 fps unplayable basicly

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

I've been playing for an hour or so, without any lag. Appart from me forgetting to turn the Zombie shield off. (I start it every now and then to just run around and fuck shit up).

And DayZ_SP, not only is the random backpack a badass feature, it adds an awesome feeling to the gameplay. I love it!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

yourampage
i like the random backpacks its a really nice touch it shows personality to the AI instead of having the same backpacks

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Niceonegunit
Heh, who doesn't love fun cheats like that?

Anyway, I'm gonna start work on DaiZy Emita City and Thirsk.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Inorite! :-D

I've heard NOTHING about those maps. :O

I will have to check them out! Btw, do use the new random loot+backpack scripts. (unless you have something else in mind ofc) :D

I will totally look forward to test more maps. "Celle" also looked quite cool tbh.

EDIT* Looked at some videos, those maps look BOSS!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Niceonegunit
Yeah, Celle looks great.

You seen DayZ 2017 yet?
I can wait for that. It hurts just waiting for it..
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

fedus_87
Administrator
yea the appocalypse addon is available someone could make a sp version using those models right now i play with them all the time just from spawning them in here is the link for the addon

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11840

here is me standing next to one of the cars

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ 2017?! Yet enother thing I've heard nothing about :O I'll check it out.

Holy shit, DayZ 2017 will be pretty cool! I just hope there's some fun guns, not only melee. We need so SP this motherfucker too! =D

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
I just hope "Shinkicker" gives proper credit to the guy who made the Apocalypse Models because there is a very ugly thing going on in certain parts of the DayZ community where people are stealing others work and claiming it as their own... But then can't modify, or produce their own content because they never knew how to in the first place! And yes, this did start when "DayZ" became popular and a lot of immature, mainstream gamers (CoD, Battlefield, etc.) started flocking to ArmA band brought their sense of entitlement with them

Also, some private servers are charging money for "exclusive" maps like Taviana, etc. Not only is that illegal according to the BIS terms of use regarding mods, but it's just shitty and immature because... once again...  It's mostly kids who don't really know how the ArmA engine works and are just copy & pasting other scripts/people's hard work and calling it there own.

This is why I give full credit IN THE MAP when you spawn, so there is no way that can be removed like deleting a README.txt file can. It's my version of an interactive watermark and is the right thing to do; give credit to those who know more than you and whose work you enjoy and build on.

Moving on to more positive things...

For fellow modders like Niceonegunit, AboveDayz, Fedus_87, et al...

You are more than welcome to use any of the internal structure (folders, scripts, etc.) of DaiyZ Ultimate v01a in all future SP conversions because I corrected a lot of the initialization compile entries, deleted some completely obsolete files, etc. Like I said, there is still a lot of unused stuff still in there, but I'm keeping it for anybody who wants to experiment with it.

This is how a real Mod community should work, IMO:

People sharing and improving on the work of others while giving full credit to the original authors.

It's what makes this very small, but growing community more like the original ArmA community and less and less like the current "DayZ" community, ironically.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Haha, I agree. I sure steal some scripts from others. Mainly because I'm a noob. But also because there's no point in recreating something that already exists. And I never try to steal credit for it. I might fail to add something or so. But I always do my best.

I'm honored, and happy that you allow me/us to use your work, and approval of modding it. And I will also do my best about credits.

At first I thought you went on about stealing work because you just released DaiyZ Ultimate v01a, and I litterly stole the scripts 1 day after. But I'm never trying to steal credits for anything I haven't made. I just want to put more maps/variants of other's ideas/work/improved content out for people to enjoy. :-)

I'm also blown away by the changes in DaiyZ Ultimate v01a still. They're beyond what I had in my fantasies.

EDIT*** 1 more thing, I don't know what the hell you did. But I got like double my FPS while playing DaiyZ Ultimate v01a. Most likely because of the file-cleanup you did. But I love it :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
I just get upset when I see a  lot of new gamers coming to the franchise who don't respect what ArmA is, or what the engine is truly capable of. This is directed at those people I described above who steal others work and who also have the gall to charge for it when that is flat out illegal and not in the spirit of any modding community I've ever been a part of.

RE: Performance increase...

It is probably because the game isn't trying to load scripts twice, or cross-index ones that are listed as one thing, but point to another. That's what I meant about cleaning up the initialization routines...
12345 ... 11