RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

123456 ... 11

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Yeah, understood that after finnishing. :-D

RE:RE: Performance increase.

Yah, I understood what you did. Just wasn't 100% sure if that was the reason/only reason. I love it either way. I've been rocking your Chernarus map all night.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Wow... The bandits/survivors spawn zombies in this one. I'm 100% sure. I was about 600 away from a hangar, spot zombies. Then I saw a ghillie'd bandit, sniped him. And the zombies dissapeared. >_>

That's dope.. :'D

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Seferoth
Thanks for this it works greatly. Still i have a question, how to get to "cheat menu", i really would like to use that clean dead zombies and bandits thingy? I have no idea what button to press or how to enable the cheats. Also, when i take control of some other survivors is there a way to leave the command mode so the survivors would leave me alone and continue their "adventure"?

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

You get the cheat menu by pressing "0" twice. And then you can either scroll in the menu or use the number keys. :-)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Seferoth
Thank you,thank you,thank you! I really love this DaiZy Ultimate, its a dream come true!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

No probs at all! And I agree, it's a dope mission!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
This post was updated on .
UPDATE:

DaiyZ ULTIMATE v01b

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6h6feb7yevy8

Changelog:

A.I.

-AI Bandits & Survivors now have a randomly selected primary (rifle) and secondary (pistol). They will switch between them in appropriate combat situations like when they are low on ammo, or in close quarters.

-Random weapon selection for AI now consists of tier one weapons like the M4, AK 74, M1014, MP5, etc.

-Survivors and Bandits should now freely engage Zombies, each other and the player without any input from the player other than strategic movement, hold fire, etc. orders from the command que.

-Removed death flies after a unit dies for more "realistic" postmortem.

Player

-Markov and Melee Hatchet have been removed from player's spawn loadout. Added PDW (Micro-UZI) and M9 (Baretta 9mm) as part of randomly chosen starting weapons. Spawn loadout is still only limited to pistols, however.

A.I. testing is still on-going.

Friendly AI may turn on you, but after extensive testing it shouldn't, but be prepared nonetheless.

There may be some minor slowdown once Survivors & Bandits spawn because they are now parsing all the "enemy" classes a.k.a. Zombies within a given area, and there can be as many as 20, or more. This shouldn't impact performance depending on the speed of your CPU.

I am particularly interested in feedback about the A.I. as we are close to perfecting the friendly and enemy A.I. to the limits of what the current mod and ArmA engine are capable of.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

You're a boss!

What about the random backpacks and the tool fix we kinda fixed? Will be testing this badboy tonite. :D

EDIT* I tried it, started with a PDW. But no AI seem to spawn, not even at the "usual triggers".

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
EDIT* I tried it, started with a PDW. But nothing seems to spawn (zombies/AI/loot)
This is an on-going problem others have also reported.

They will be playing for about a half-hour and then everything (loots, zombies, AI) stops spawning.

I think it has to do with how ArmA 2 is coded and how it caches resources. It's an outdated engine and basically meant for console hardware in a lot of ways... Similar to how OFP was ported to consoles back in the day.

This is why all the Zombies are server-side in MP. The MP server has a routine that deletes the Zeds once they are spawned on the clients end. Hence, shifting all the work to the clients which is another reason why the mod runs so poorly besides it being an Alpha... But in SP your PC is doing the work of the server and the client simultaneously. That's one reason why your clean up code was desperately needed and integrated into the mod from here on out.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Alright. Well, I've been playing for 15-30. Nothing besides zombies/loot/heli crash/vehicles have spawned. So basically no AI. D:

But it worked for you ye? :o

Dunno, I will play for a while and see if anything spawns. :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
OK, I think I know what it is.

Call function set "Behavior" should actually be call function set Behaviour <-- The European spelling!

ArmA is NOT an American made game, so by "correcting" this, I actually stopped part of the game from functioning. D'oh!

If this isn't it, I don't know what the problem is

I'll have a re-issue out in a few minutes...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP wrote

Nope. :<

But didn't you test it before release? If it worked for you, it's obviously something we're missing that you got. ;O

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
I'll look into it later.

It's probably something so trivial that I will kick myself for not realizing earlier.

For now, just stick with the v01a mod that you made...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Hahaha, mate. Success is your middle name. I got no doubts about this project.

And to be fair, you pretty much made the mod I released.. x)

I've been playing some Namalsk again. Kinda missed it abit. :3

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
Well, I did test it before I released it, but sometimes little things can slip through...

Like the fact there were double entries and major cross-reference errors in the "daiyz_functions.sqf" up until recently, let alone a lot of extraneous scripts that are now just taking up space in the mission file.

I'm not taking anything away from Zed Hunter, or Unknown... Hell, without their and Kronzky's original work we wouldn't even be here... But it's a miracle a project of this size has been pulled off so well... Long before I came into the picture by the way... Considering the scope of what has been done and still might need doing.

One of my main goals is to stream line the work that has been put into the SP mod and make it less CPU hungry. There are a lot of ways to do this... cut down the number of scripts that are stored in memory when the map loads, or just write more efficient scripts... And this is the end goal more than anything else at this point since the mod is probably at its peak while we wait for the standalone that is due out any time now.

I'll keep you all updated, obviously...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

I agree with what you said. But I don't get the FPS losses people are talking about regarding SP. I got at least twice my FPS on SP. I can't get it that smooth, even on an empty server. ;O

Btw, I added more cheats to the menu of 01a. I wouldn't call them cheats, but let's say some might find them useful! :-)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
Quick update...

I figured out what was causing the AI Bandits & Survivors NOT to spawn, so that is taken care of and everything is back to normal.

The problem, however, is what I thought I had done (getting the AI to freely engage Zombies & each other) is the very reason they weren't spawning, ironically.

So, I am going to have to really look into this since this is the final piece of the puzzle, more or less.

Thanks to Zed Hunter, Kronzky and Unknown, we more or less have a nice little mod (of a mod!) that we can play around with and add even more features to e.g. crafting... But one of my main goals is to "fix" the AI, so players get a fairly accurate representation of online play in SP: Bandits & Survivors attack Zombies and each other on a regular basis.

I'll be happy if I can do this because there is no way to have Zombies attack the AI (and not just the player) the way the mod is currently written. It would require a total rewrite/conversion and it's just not worth it at this point with the stand alone so close to release, IMO.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Wait, I thought you were trying to get zombies to attack AI. But bandits shoot other bandits for me, and I'm pretty sure I've seen survivors take shots at bandits. O_O

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

yourampage
never happens for me bandits kill bandits but my teammate survivors dont it just gets annoying when they dont have ya back
123456 ... 11