RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

1 ... 3456789 ... 11

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
I'm going to play for a bit, maybe I will get better at this.
I think this is the real issue?

The Zombies are a threat in previous versions... But in a real MP game, it is the human players that are the biggest threat.

In our quest to replicate MP offline, I think we may have exceeded our expectations by accident?

DayZ is more about PVP survival vs. surviving a Zombie Apocalypse in its current form. This is why a lot of players actually left the mod around late summer and are hoping the stand alone returns the game's focus to be more on surviving the Zombies and not death matching.

The good news is this is why we have multiple versions of the SP.

If you don't like this evolution of the SP, you don't have to play it. That's the great thing about choice and why we have different versions

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
I think I am getting challenged right now. I am going to show those bandits who's boss (probably after the tweaks :D). Everything is mostly fine really. I appreciate what you're doing with DaiyZ right now, I just wish more things worked that are still broken.

In our quest to replicate MP offline, I think we may have exceeded our expectations by accident?
Oh hell yeah. I think that's exactly what has happened

DayZ is more about PVP survival vs. surviving a Zombie Apocalypse in its current form. This is why a lot of players actually left the mod around late summer and are hoping the stand alone returns the game's focus to be more on surviving the Zombies and not death matching.
As far as other players are concerned, DayZ needs heavy balancing. So both PVP and Zombie Survival would be more or less equally good.

And I think I would never choose to play an older release, simply because the pros outweigh the cons most of the time. ;) I know I am free to make my own choices, but I decide that it is always time to move on even if something has some shortcomings. I will adapt, because I know I can. Not scared of a game that tries to challenge me in ways a game always would. I am not a stranger to change(s).

I'll just have to wait and see what is in store for us.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 960T/1600T @ 3.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUSTek M5A99X EVO
Memory: Corsair XMS3 CM3X1G1333C9 4x1GB
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
Well, this will probably the last release for... At least, 15 minutes - LOL

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6h6feb7yevy8

Seriously, I tweaked the spawn radius and merged the "Random Survivors" with the Bandits. Much more CPU friendly even though there is still that slight two, three second pause when they spawn in.

This should be the one you practice on...

P.S. -- Let me know if the Bandits & Survivors are still targeting Zombies, please.

I am trying to see if the "setFriend" command actually works, or not because there are differing opinions on the BIS scripting wiki regarding the command and its effectiveness past certain ArmA 2 patches...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
The zombie that went after a bandit, I never expected that to happen. And I am still not sure what really happened with the zombie when he ran away for some reason.

Edit: You can follow this if you want to read up on whats happening when I play. Sometimes really weird stuff happens especially ever since the newer map releases.

I am getting an idea to go on Teamspeak or something and give live feedback. Dunno how that would work out. But I think this will suffice.

Log - 02:52: Just started up the other map.
        02:55: Moved into a town, the slight pauses that occur are longer and they occur more often as well. AI starts shooting but I don't know what they are really targeting since their spawn places are now more stretched around the place.
        02:58: Shot down by someone, didn't even see them. / A bandit and a survivor spawned in the same place about 20m behind me near the jetty on some land. The bandit immediately killed the survivor that was close and probably targeted me instantly. Well at least they still shoot each other. PDW on Full auto in the hands of the AI is very deadly, especially at short range.
        03:10: I killed a few hostile survivors and bandits, then went to eat and drink. After consuming both I got a white screen that lasted for about a split second. I think bandits at least still target zombies. AI spawning is less frequent (lower spawn rate) and even less frequent when far outside of a town of any sort, I think it's decent but I don't know for sure yet, need to get an average time. But they still spawn really close, this time even closer, as stated before in one of my previous posts.
        03:18: For now I think the times between spawning of the AI opponents is okay. Got taken down by a zombie, I got shot multiple times before I got caught by the zombie while looting. I still think bandages are rare loot spawn on bandits (I thought about it and sure, you can't find a first aid kit just anywhere can you? So I am saying only bandits seem to have bandages on them rarely, but if they do they usually have 3 of them at once so it's enough).
        03:20: Restarted. Spawned with a M1911. I thought only PDW and Beretta M9 (Beretta handguns are my favorite, particularly the M9FS) were available on spawn randomly. I found an Offroad car and a boat on land at the same place that makes moving water noises... while on ground... mmkay?! :D (Turns out the boat is called PBX... I didn't know that until now, since I have never found a boat before on ArmA 2 or DayZ)
        03:36: Found some military loot in a gas station. Is that normal? I don't remember M107 ammo lying around in DayZ server gas stations.
        03:42: Found a spot where friendly survivors should have spawned. But instead the team menu flashed and disappeared. Got that same slight pause beforehand though. And no AI actually spawn, some kind of conflict? (AI spawn but disappear shortly I think at least when they do try to spawn)
        03:47: For now I decided that the frequency of AI opponent spawning is good. But my opinion might change. I currently find that some AI will spawn at different ranges away from the player, sometimes far away, and sometimes close. They can take you with surprise sometimes by spawning right behind you.
        03:53: More military loot ammo in a garage.
        04:00: After some time I arrived in Elektro. But now it's completely devoid of bandits or survivors, and there seem to be less zombies? I am not sure. So the remembering the issue with AI that stops spawning after a while, this seems to repeat again, but this time it all appears to happen much sooner than before. PS - Loot sometimes doesn't seem to spawn at all, reminds me of the loot not spawning when using a vehicle.
        04:17: While walking around the ghost town I walked in the cathedral/church. No friendly survivor spawn. Not even the team member pictures appear anymore.
        04:29: Flyyyying. Flying high in the skyyy, cliff racerr fliees sooo hiiiigh. Flyyying. Ahem...
        04:33: By this point I just stopped playing. I sort of did this for testing purposes on 01c rev.02. Usually two hours is more than enough for me to test the map releases.

I think a rollback would be good, unless of course you didn't change that much.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
The only real change... Aside from merging the Bandits & "Random Survivors"... Is I added more Random Survivor triggers when they were a separate AI unit.

However, after I merged them, I converted the triggers to normal Bandit, or Survivor triggers.

There might just be too many triggers now?

I will remove them altogether and just go with the default (previous) triggers.

The reason I increased the number of triggers was because there is a lot of down time in DayZ if you are on foot. You can go for about 15 minutes and not see one AI other than Zombies and even that is still bugged since Zombies & Loot can also stop spawning for no reason at all.

There are probably countless reasons why, but I have a feeling the main reason is because the SP is emulating both the client and sever and things are out of whack, more or less. MP also relies on more than one single player in the world at any given time, too. It is a good thing Rocket made DayZ client-side, or none of us would be here.

The good news is that we now have a baseline of the kind of experience we want and we can achieve it. Now, it's just a matter of tweaking and refining things... Like eliminating the two, three second pause upon spawning... And finding the right balance most players will enjoy.

Thank you (and others!) for taking the time to try these various releases out and providing detailed feedback on them. This is invaluable because without it there would be no reason to continue tweaking and refining things.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Archon
AI did'nt engage zed, i order them get in car and get in to city, they kill all zed but did'nt engage zed respawn from house sorry for my bad english

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

dotnetbeast
Is there a way to get God Mode back in the cheat menu (and I don't mean the zombie shield, I mean the god mode that was originally in DaiZy 038 and others)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

    Forgemaster wrote
    @AboveDayz You seem to be a better equipped to deal with so many of them. :)

    I just wish all those blood bags could be put to bloody use. I never pick up antibiotics ever since I found

The antibiotics where mainly put in as AI loot for the Namalsk mission, same with heatpacks.

And about your equipment vs AI, all you need is anything else than a handgun and you're good to go. :P

And DayZ_SP that's an awesome story. The feeling when you're pinned down, trying to figure out the best plan from there... :D

dotnetbeast wrote
Is there a way to get God Mode back in the cheat menu (and I don't mean the zombie shield, I mean the god mode that was originally in DaiZy 038 and others)

Why would you want that? >_>

And DayZ_SP, this is a fucking masterpiece! Had another go now, a bandit manages to kill my 2 survivor buddies. I spot him behind the store in Cherno, he takes shots at me and I get behind a fence (100% unarmed). BUT! I spot my survivor friend on the ground, dead, with her M4 sitting on the ground, I grab that to defend myself, the bandit comes in, LEANING in behind the wall (this was so damn epic). He starts shooting when he spots me, but I manage to return fire and win. :D

Edit* And now I can hear an AS50 going off... Time to investigate. xD

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

I added my cheat menu to the lastest 01b, added the random tool drop on AI, and replaced heat packs with clothing. So they now have a chance to drop Ghillie suits/Camo clothing/Soldier clothing. The reason I added soldier clothing as a drop is because some private hive server have it. (And skins are cool mkaay).

If you want this modded version, comment here and I will post a link. :P

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
Ahh, so friendly survivors don't properly shoot down zombies which have just spawned in. I didn't even get the chance to test that out since they wouldn't spawn in 01c rev.02 which I made a log on. I saw a bunch of graphical glitches instead.

Going to get 01b running again for now. I shouldn't have overwritten the 01c because I think I would have used that if I wanted more difficulty surviving.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Update, the friendly survivors kill me no matter who I shoot.... Shot ghillies (obviously not a part of my 3 man squad) and they just turned on me... -.-

(I will try  to solve this by running every team-survivor over in a car. And hope the kill doesn't register on me).

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
Betrayal! How could they!? Maybe it was another survivor in a ghillie suit or something.

Haha, please run over them, sir. Because I treat betrayal very seriously. I just shoot friendly survivors in the head most of the time when I don't need them. Don't really care about humanity since most of the time I always have plenty of that (It just rebuilds itself while I play in the long hours of the night, just me and the game). Too bad I couldn't see the look on your face when they shot you for no reason. ;D

I wonder what would happen if you already had a squad, and then used the reinforcements cheat to spawn some friendly bandits (FRIENDLY BANDITS!?!?!? WUT?) and then shoot one of them. Probably everyone is going to react the same way.

I think it should be like, if a friendly survivor gets shot once they will not react to it. Second shot would be the AI pointing the gun at you and then have a slight pause and then shoot. If a shot kills a friendly survivor, they will immediately turn on you no matter what.

Friendlies shooting you for shooting/killing a bandit/survivor enemy is a problem though.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

No, it was a ghillied survivor/bandit. But he wasn't a part of my team, so my actual team had no reason to kill me. XD I didn't die at first, so I got up and bandaged, I'm like "I'ma kill this fucking slut now" and she shot me through the wall. :( I really wanted the hero skin dude in my team to die, he had an AS50. That would be perfect for me. :(

Btw, I tested my changes where bandits/survivors sometimes have clothing in their loot. It's uncommon that they have clothing, and if they do, they only got 1. :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
Aww sweet. but shouldn't clothing complement heatpacks and not replace them completely. Or is that not possible?
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

It is indeed possible, but I thought heatpacks serves no purpose in chernarus, and no one picks them up, so might aswell remove them. If you want my modded version, I can add heatpacks for you if you want.

Btw, I got revenge. I drove my team over with an ATV. And they don't know it's me, so they're just crying for medic.

I fucking love this mission so far. AI are awesome, they got awesome gear, they smart enough and what not! God, I'm loving it!! This will replace multiplayer for a while! I'm having so much more fun playing solo on this than multiplayer tbh.

OKEY UPDATE! The survivors turning on you is a huge problem. I don't know it it's the random unfriendly survivors you added. But they spawn ontop of me and kills me instantly. Now, if I knew they were unfriendly, I'd kill them before they shot me. But I have to wait, because if they're friendly. I'll get raped everytime they spawn. You should remove the script where they attack you if you kill them. :( And make the unfriendly spawns just like bandit spawns. So that they spawn far away, just like bandits.

I don't really want a team, so I usually just shoot them in the head.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
It's best to shoot anything to kill. Because when friendly survivors spawn you get that team member menu at the bottom left or it just adds two more members in for you have one or more already. Usually I would notice something that's going on in the UI right before my nose anyway.

I bet DayZ_SP was kind of tired at night, I know I was, I played chernarus SP 4 hours normal and 4 hours testing straight at night until around 6 or 7 am I think.

DaiyZ Ultimate is just one of the best things that happened to SP, I still can't believe that I refrain from playing MP because of these improvements over previous versions. Also I think your extra scripts that you add in your own extra releases are awesome, I think the clothing/suit idea should be in with the next version of DaiyZ.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Yes, this release is awesome!

And about the UI when you get team mates, it bugs for me sometimes. Sometimes it stays when they're all dead (until I clean bodies). But the main problem isn't really that we/ I don't know if they're friendly, rather that they spawn ontop of you and starts shooting instantly. Even if you CAN kill them, it kinda kills the awesome feeling this mission brings besides that.

And thanks for saying that, I will upload my modded version now, just to put it out there for people to take scripts or w/e. (I also changed the DayZ skin menu, so instead of bringing up Kronky's lil box, it will just give you the menu straight away). See pic below.

I also added the ammobox to the fun menu, just like I did on 01a. + the tool script, where AI might have 1 random tool aswell.

I will also add heatpack back, so that it's not missing, and gives clothing packages a smaller chance to "spawn".

http://www.mediafire.com/?p1cie0bgrdm6k5n <- Download for the modded version.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
The only time I remember using the cheat menu was when I couldn't get bandits or survivor enemies to spawn during my gameplay. So I tried to spawn bandits with a reinforcements thingy. It paradroped friendly bandits. I thought that was hilarious, but that still didn't make hostiles spawn though.

I think there could be a script to let hostiles paradrop somewhere. In case you want a quick look on the AI.

PS - I didn't find out about how to bring up the cheat menu until the last release for 1.7.3. It didn't tell you anywhere on the forums explicitly how to bring it up (couldn't find anywhere here), in case you want to. So I searched high and low and found a guide on youtube how to do that. The guys says walk left, forward, right, I think and then press "0" twice. That worked, then later by accident I pressed "0" twice while looking through team mates I had with me. It turned out that I didn't need to do those movements at all. Just press "0" twice.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Hahahaha!!! I never fell for the dance troll (where you "have" to move before pressing "0").

Btw, I added the old friendly script to my modded version (not the one I linked). So hopefully I can play now without friendlies spawning in my face, to then execute me.

Also, I just heard an enfield go off outside cherno, went towards it. Shoots a guy with my PDW, shows out this guy had an M107! AND A GPS! :-D

I then move towards the enfield again, and bump into an AK guy at the train tracks, killed him with the M107, turns out he had NV goggles (that's the first time I see someone with NVG's, ever). I might add rangefinders and binoculars to that script, because it will most likely be rare enough to find. :D

Moral of the story, without the "friendlys" spawning in your face, to then kill you instantly, this mission release is something I'd want my future babies with.

UPDATE: Okey, I tested now. And the problem has nothing to do with the friendly script. (apart from the fact that even unfriendly players trigger your team mates to shoot you). It's also the random unfriendly survivors spawns that are to close. :P (Also, the unfriendly survivors shouldn't have hero skin imo). :D I'm trying to find the random survivors so that I can tweak them for own use until DayZ_SP takes a look at it. :D

Update: I couldn't find the script where unfriendly survivors spawn, so I added weapons to bandits/survivors instead. :D

Handguns:

"M9SD", "revolver_gold_EP1", "MakarovSD"];

Rifles:

"AK-107", "PK", "Pecheneg", "M40A3", "M4SPR", "BAF_LRR_scoped"];

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
I have removed the Random Survivors since they are the same as Bandits, more or less.

I am also working on reducing the minor pause whenever the AI spawns in (on either side).

The AI skill setting is close to real human players... But I might try Unknown's original skill script just to see if there is any difference.

I think the AI is actually bugged right now because while we might like the improved awareness and tactics, their aim seems more like a snap-to aim bot versus previous versions where they would actually miss you with a few shots. It's probably the beta version of the latest patch that is doing this, so this might change in another patch, but if not I still might look into toning down their aim since it is super human instead of realistic. Then again, it may be because we are not used to them using tier one weapons since previous releases relied on mostly the weaker ones like the Enfield, Winchester, etc. Hmm...
1 ... 3456789 ... 11