RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

1 ... 67891011

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

It's easy to add the vehicles to the spawn list.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Matsuda_sempai
How about weapons? could someone make a map with the rh weapons packs added or at least show me how with a pic tutorial?

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
Getting weapons to spawn IN GAME as loot is very complicated and time consuming.

It involves creating a new weapon class in one of the dayz core files (can't remember which one), creating weapon holder classes that spawn the new weapon along side the normal loot and then adding all of that to the loot tables, too. Then, of course, you have to test and balance everything as well.

It's not impossible, but not an easy thing to do compared to just spawning weapons instantly with cheats.

The main thing you would need to do is get Robert Hammer's express permission to use his mod in DayZ before you even attempted any of this. It's just the right thing to do...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Or ju put custom weapons on bandits, it's obviously not ideal. But it's an alternative.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Matsuda_sempai
Is it possible to have a Takistan version? I tried to get the takistan 42b version to work and everything works except the loot doesn't spawn.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

CalUKGR
Thank you so much for DaiZy Ultimate - I'm loving it! I have noticed, however, that if I call in a set of reinforcement Survivors they often won't react to the Zeds..? Just wondering why this is? It can be frustrating, as I would imagine the whole idea of being able to call in such reinforcements is to help the player out in tight spot.

Also, any way to get AI Survivors to do things like drive/pilot vehicles..?

Other than that - must say this is tremendous fun - turns DaiZy into one of the best offline 'sandbox' games around, imo.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

AI in the official release both drive vehicles and aircraft. I can't seem to even put AI in my car nowadays. D:

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Niceonegunit
Yeah, the AI tends to be massive idiots.
They refuse to use a car door, perhaps some type of phobia.

Anywho, I've finally returned after, well, god knows how long.
I have started working on another DaiZy mission (Surprise surprise. As if you didn't see that coming.).

I'm focusing quite blatantly on polish. We've screwed around with cheats and other additions to the point where we have nothing new left to set into motion, we've done all that can be done with our limitations.

We just need to spit-shine our current features now. I'm working on the AI as usual. You can see the full progress report in the Projects section, whenever I happen to be given permission to the section, that is.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Niceonegunit wrote
Yeah, the AI tends to be massive idiots.
They refuse to use a car door, perhaps some type of phobia.

Anywho, I've finally returned after, well, god knows how long.
I have started working on another DaiZy mission (Surprise surprise. As if you didn't see that coming.).

I'm focusing quite blatantly on polish. We've screwed around with cheats and other additions to the point where we have nothing new left to set into motion, we've done all that can be done with our limitations.

We just need to spit-shine our current features now. I'm working on the AI as usual. You can see the full progress report in the Projects section, whenever I happen to be given permission to the section, that is.
Yes, now when I saw your reply. I also remembered playing alot of your mission, where I also had alot of fun with the friendly AI. I think my picture where I was going to Stary with alot of friendlies, was from your mission.

And about permission about the project sub forum. I didn't know I had to edit that, to be honest. You should now be able to post there! :-)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Niceonegunit
Ha ha, yeah, good times those were.
Anyway, I've already encountered a problem, although minor, still annoying.

I've added a respawn script, however, the stupid YOU ARE DEAD script keeps ruining it.

Any clue on how to disable it?
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Yes, indeed. :)

First of all, what do you mean by respawn script? :D

Secondly, it should be as easy as just removing/editing the "You're dead" pic/script.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Niceonegunit
Yeah, scratch what I said, I figured it out.

By respawn, I mean, well, respawn. You die, you get hauled to the bean coast. You can go back to find your corpse, go and rearm at your camp, or do whatever you want to do.

I fixed the problem, it was actually easy.

Simply added this to daizy_functions:
player_death = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "death.sqf";

player_death is called in the dayz_code.pbo, so by overriding it, I could allow the respawn to work.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

CalUKGR
A couple more things I've noted about DaiZy Ultimate:

1. I have both BAF and PMC expansions, yet Ultimate doesn't seem to reference or include any of the vehicles from either of these expansions (although, strangely, it does include some character outfits..?).

2. If I switch my player model to a PMC soldier (or Grenadier) and then call in AI Survivors they won't shoot me, but as soon as I climb into a helo they open fire, killing me outright, even as I sit inside the helo. Not good.

The problem for me is that I much prefer the outfits of the PMC's - they are true 'survivor' style and look the part. I also prefer the PMC helo - the KA-60 (M32) (black) (shown in pics below) which as well as being armed with a turret also looks the part.

Sadly, Ultimate doesn't reference this helo in it's list of available vehicles...

Here are a few pics showing both the type of player outfit I prefer (but just get shot by my own AI squad for wearing) and the helo in question. If just these two things could be fixed, my Ultimate experience would be perfect.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Niceonegunit wrote
By respawn, I mean, well, respawn. You die, you get hauled to the bean coast. You can go back to find your corpse, go and rearm at your camp, or do whatever you want to do.

You gotta be shittin' me. xD that's dope.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Update, I tried doing what you said. No errors, and I get the respawn option. However, it seems like you need something saving your body.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Niceonegunit
Uh..
Not too sure you're thinking the right thing.

Sure, you respawn, but it's not with the respawn button.
It does it once you die.

Look at the projects section, it's explained a bit more there.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Alright man. ^^

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Awesome mod, thanks for DaiZy dude!
I have one little issue though : I can't get the cheat menu on the left side of the screen (like in the third screenshot in the fisrt post); did I miss something during the installation?

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Haleks wrote
Awesome mod, thanks for DaiZy dude!
I have one little issue though : I can't get the cheat menu on the left side of the screen (like in the third screenshot in the fisrt post); did I miss something during the installation?
You gotta do the dance to activate it. Just kidding.

Did you try "0" twice? (Not the numpad 0).

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Haleks
Figured it out, thanks mate. Never played DayZ online so Daizy is a completely new experience for me...
I am discovering Namaslk right now (I'm a huge fan of Stalker games), with Kron's SupportCall; awesome...
Major kudos to you guys!
1 ... 67891011