RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

1 ... 4567891011

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

PLEASE DONT NERF THE AI!!!! They've missed shots on me, not only once!

Can you please upload a version where the only difference from the release we already have is the random unfriendly survivors are gone + the friendly team mates wont attack you if you kill one of them? Please, that's the only thing I wanna change atm. :(

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
I think he said with confidence earlier that he is not going to change the AI. Although come to think of it, their aim is almost perfect. They keep pinning me down and I can't do anything but run and hide, I find it hard to shoot back no matter what I do.

I find it hard to use the handgun ironsights to shoot down enemies with the weapon I get on new game, since they are so weird to me compared to the ones on rifles.

It's a shame DayZ/Arma 2 doesn't have more modern handguns.

Oh, by the way. Do you like my signature? :o
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 960T/1600T @ 3.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUSTek M5A99X EVO
Memory: Corsair XMS3 CM3X1G1333C9 4x1GB
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Hahaha, true dat! x'D

I was running n' gunning in cherno with an M9.

And later on, I was driving my ATV, started taking shots. So I jump off to take cover on the opposit side of the ATV. I later move out on a field to get eyes on through the trees, he's spraying but missing alot. Then I shot him in the head. Now keep 2 things in mind, he's spraying, while I'm on an open field. I think their aim is more than resonable.

I don't mind testing other version at all.

But I'd kill for the file I have, just without unfriendly survivors and survivors that get pissed when you shoot them. That's the only 2 things I wanna change. :(

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
But I'd kill for the file I have, just without unfriendly survivors and survivors that get pissed when you shoot them. That's the only 2 things I wanna change.
This.

Other things would be no messed up UI with extra icons, helicopter crashes having loot around, working blood bags, working infections + antibiotics, no bleeding on save loading, and AI and zombies acting like the developers want them to.

It would be, *sheds a tear* perfect. I think these would the only requests that come up in my mind right now. It requires hard work, but it is possible.

Edit: Why would an enemy survivor have a hero skin. xD Somehow though, those little changes matter a lot, I don't know why. A developer that adds detail and not just the big stuff, in my view deserves respect.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

The infections does work? Well, I guess what you refer to as infection is when you start coughing and loosing small amounts of blood. This is caused by sitting still in the rain for too long. Antibiotics spawn afaik + bandits/survivors drop them.

And yes, heli crashes could use better loot at least. Don't know about all spawnspots seeing as it's SP. You'd have about 6 guns per heli crash. ;O

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
A 100% chance to spawn 6 guns on all loot spawns is just too much imo. You would get guns from an AI first anyways. Because they always spawn with a good weapon, making helicopter crashes more or less redundant.

When I think of the AI right now is that they are hackers, and they just spawn all that good stuff in their inventory without working not one bit to get the high tier weapons.

Why is it when I play, the scripts decide to spawn every one of them with the best weapons usually. In earlier versions they used to spawn with some shotguns and cheap sniper rifles, and occasionally some of them had good gear like a DMR (I would have done anything to get a good weapon). But now all they have is scoped M16's, an anti-armor machine gun or an anti-material rifle. Why me lol, plus I don't have to work for the weapons at all. All I have to do is shoot the first bandit and I have the best gun that I am comfortable with to use.

Point is, stuff should be balanced. I find it too easy to just kill one person and have the best stuff within 10 minutes. Basically I don't have to explore anymore, and isn't exploring fun?

PS - I haven't even seen half of the chernarus map yet.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Ya, I reckon 1 spawn spot per helicopter is fair, but with chances of spawning actual heli crash loot. :)

Hackers, why? I think of the current AI as decent players, who played for a while to get their gear. And they're retarded enough to roam open streets in cherno, making my gearing way easier. xD

The ones that spawns for me have winchesters/enfields, aswell as high powered guns ofc. But this is good? I really like it. Before, I'd just be running around without fear at all. Now I have that feel at least, the feel you get in places like "okey, I gotta watch where I'm going now".

And about the exploring part, before when the AI were less fun, I'd just lootcycle barracks all day (litterly). No matter what gear I had, I still ended up cycling loot. NOW however, I'm actually tryna get food to get by, so that I can move on. But it's taking abit longer, because I have to watch where I'm going. Idk how to explain it, but now I'm actually playing, rather than just looting the same building over and over. And I love it as it is (apart from the survivors hating me).

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
Progress Report:

I think I have found a way to do what needs to be done without the minor pauses that we are currently experiencing.

Also, I am going to stick to two basic sides: Bandits and Survivors.

Meaning, the Bandits will have their familiar Bandit skins and the Survivors their standard Survivor skins.

Why?

Because while testing, when "Bandit Survivors" spawned in... I couldn't tell who was who even with the team command icon down below!

This is probably the most accurate experience there is when it comes to replicating current online play... But it's also a clear case of making game play enjoyable a.k.a. less complicated, but still providing the challenges and improvements we need.

So, no more mixed Survivor/Bandit skins.

I will, however, include the Camo skin and maybe the Soldier skin because those are part of the MP game and I have seen people wearing those skins online, obviously.

So, back to more testing...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Alright.. But please don't nerf the AI. :P

And one more questions, will survivors have ghillie/hero skins too? And/or bandits. (not talking about the unfriendly survivors).

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
Oh my god. I think he is turning into a religious crazy man ;D Ahh just kidding. Jokes aside I think current progress is fine.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX

Religious is one of the last things I am, after fit.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
It would be very easy and simple if there was a config file of some sort that you could use to disable/enable features and change values on the fly without extracting .pbo and changing stuff there. But I believe ArmA 2 was never meant to be simple.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Wow, I never even though of that. That would be insane!

And I'm pretty sure it's fairly easy to do. Not with my experience of coding, but perhaps someone else.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
That was the very first thing that came to mind when I started thinking of how TES V Skyrim is very moddable, but instead of creating and using a file to save information in, all mod variables are saved in the save games, but each time a new mod is loaded and used, the save game file starts to bloat (dramaticly increase in size). And that save game bloat is one of main causes why the game suffers from bugs and lag. Good computers have no problem dealing with this, since for some reason the performance decrease is very small.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP, btw. AI's with AK 74 spawn with AKM ammo and vise versa.

And secondly, please don't nerf the AI. :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

DayZ_SP
Check out the Zombie Sandbox missions for ArmA 2... The "other" main Zombie mod.

It has a configuration GUI for both SP and MP.

However, "SP" is just offline CO-OP, so it is not true Single Player like DaiyZ is.

Also...

RE: Better Weapons in hands of Bandits...

This was part of the problem with the earlier builds, IMO.

Not only was the AI for Bandits not a real threat, but the weaponry they had randomly equipped was subpar, too. I mean, what is a Bandit going to do with a Crossbow against Zombies, or players?!

Yes, the Crossbow is part of the game, but like a lot of weapons in different games, it is there to mainly help make DayZ unique, but it's woefully under powered and useless when you are playing the game itself. Hell, even the Melee Hatchet is a better weapon compared to the Crossbow. If the game were more realistic in its depiction of a post-apocalyptic world where we are running around with swords and sharp sticks... Then yes, the Crossbow would be like the AS50, or M107. But that's not the case compared to the other weapons available in the game. This is also why it is still an Alpha: Balancing issues.

This is why I decided to go for broke and escalate the weaponry because it does add more strategy to the game if you know your enemies have more powerful weapons than you... And with the added AI tweaks, it is now WORTH THE RISK to try and take them down to obtain those better weapons. It's basic Risk vs. Reward element that was sorely missing from the SP, in my opinion.

BTW, I think it's great we  can have civil discussions like this because like I said, feedback is the key to game development because without it there is no point in trying to improve things anymore beyond game breaking bugs and fixes.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

I completly agree with you regarding the new bandit/survivor loudout. When you hear/see an AS50. 2 things goes through your mind. It's "FUCK, I'm screwed if I fuck this up" AND "Holy shit, I want that gun, and I will do what I can to get it".

So I vote yes for the new weaponry (I even added more ArmA weapons to my DL) + the current intelligence and skill they have. :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
This is why I decided to go for broke and escalate the weaponry because it does add more strategy to the game if you know your enemies have more powerful weapons than you... And with the added AI tweaks, it is now WORTH THE RISK to try and take them down to obtain those better weapons. It's basic Risk vs. Reward element that was sorely missing from the SP, in my opinion.
I just couldn't get through the other end of my thick skull, sometimes I will do anything to defend my personal opinions (some might call it a weakness). I can understand now why they have such weapons, but I just feel it's just too soon for me to progress like that.

But, more than once I just told myself. Deal with it.

I will just think of it like this. "You can kill me. But you will never permanently defeat me."
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX

Btw, I think it's a bad idea to have the survivors kill you if you kill them. Not only because I personally hate it. But I get killed even if I shoot bandits... >_>

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ ULTIMATE (Chernarus)

Forgemaster
I just remembered something funny. Apparently me and some friends went to a server to play and we were just collecting some loot in a field hospital. And then this guy with a bandit skin shows up and I kill him. One of my friends kill me for that. And I saying "What was that for!?". he went to explain that he invited one of his friends over to our location and that he is a sort of a friendly bandit. (If that makes sense)

He could have at least told me he was going to invite someone else but he didn't. Since that day I made a couple of bandit friends on servers.

Sometimes when playing this game, things get a bit confusing. It's like dropping a flashbang grenade at your feet to disorient you, and then shoot you in the back.