RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

I updated  the link http://www.mediafire.com/?47ma83s0zth19uu

It was working for me when I tested it just now.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Bizniach
Above thanks for posting an update working like a champ now!

Ray As I've become quite familiar with Arma 2 running private servers and editing etc over the last year, I have found even mission edits sometimes work for 9/10 people with some odd thing glitching for the 10th person. I see it as the natural "finesse" of arma as we have come to love or loath. I've even found an upload on mediafire become corrupt after it was uploaded for awhile, so hard to say what causes some of these things.

Thanks again for all the time you peeps spend on these SP mods. I haven't had the time or patience to persue joining you yet but this may change someday.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

THUND3RMUNK3Y
Hello,

I've tried getting this to work twice now, once yesterday and once today. I followed the instructions to the letter. And with the old mediafire link and the one posted today, I get this both times:

And like everyone else that gets it, I press OK and it proceedes to take me to the main menu. And thats where the colored boxes of doom live :/

I'm almost sure its caused by the way I have things installed. I've always used PlayWith 6, and it downloads to the 'Documents' folder. I've got DayZ installed by PlayWith 6, so those files are in my 'Documents' folder. My Panthera stuff is in the OA main folder, downloaded via DayZ Commander.

So I'm thinking if I just copy the DayZ folder to the OA main folder, it'll work? That's all I can think of...

Edit: I'm using ARMA 2: 100296 and DayZ: 1.7.6.1
Further edit: I'm updating Arma to the latest patch, then gonna see what that does.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

THUND3RMUNK3Y
Oh... Maybe I should try the arma version you mentioned in an earlier post.. HERP.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Ray
THUND3RMUNK3Y wrote
Oh... Maybe I should try the arma version you mentioned in an earlier post.. HERP.

You must use the most updated ones most of the time. Patch 103419 works fine.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

THUND3RMUNK3Y
Well I think I might've fixed my problem. I'll re-patch to the latest and see how that works.

WOOT, fixed. I had to copy the "AddOns" folder from Arma 2 to the Arma 2 OA main folder, and it removed all errors.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Tango33
hey Above, just wanted to thank you for sticking through and fixing it, its f-in sweet, just had a huge fire fight. will the ai respawn at the airport or do ya have to restart once you have killed them all? also what do you think about adding some more missions with npcs, maybe  some heli patrols also gives us something new to do with dayz. anyways sweet work.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Tango33 wrote
hey Above, just wanted to thank you for sticking through and fixing it, its f-in sweet, just had a huge fire fight. will the ai respawn at the airport or do ya have to restart once you have killed them all? also what do you think about adding some more missions with npcs, maybe  some heli patrols also gives us something new to do with dayz. anyways sweet work.

The AI got a respawn timer. It should work in singleplayer aswell since they spawn.

And I've been working with AI heli/land vehicle patrols. It didn't work properly, though. It's something I'm messing with, however.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Dred
Try this one - Sahrani! It's a lot better and varied than Ovaron. http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-sahrani-map-port-work-in-progress.7373/

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

jst2fst
I started playing this yesterday, and i have to say i am really enjoying it, went to an ai field and found lots of ai repaired a car and now am setting up a camp.

Thanks for this awesome single player.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

jst2fst wrote
I started playing this yesterday, and i have to say i am really enjoying it, went to an ai field and found lots of ai repaired a car and now am setting up a camp.

Thanks for this awesome single player.
I'm glad you like it! :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

jst2fst
i have a question do AI respawn? say i kill all the AI at a airfield will they respawn after a while or do i have to go away them come back?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

jst2fst wrote
i have a question do AI respawn? say i kill all the AI at a airfield will they respawn after a while or do i have to go away them come back?

I'm not actually sure. I've not read the AI scripts for the airfield. I would salute you if you get them all solo, though. Them fuckers got aimbot! Hahah.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

jst2fst
im actually meaning the normal ai that appear all over the map

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

jst2fst wrote
im actually meaning the normal ai that appear all over the map

Oh! Yes, they always respawn. I don't think there's any mission released where AI doesn't respawn. Sorry for missunderstanding.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

jst2fst
could you tell me how often they respawn?

They respawn when you walk over the trigger.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

jst2fst
I see you added the building mod to this. Is there a Way to just build a tank trap and sandbags?

Also you say you think you can tow with helis, i tested it and you can't.
1234567