RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Jack
Awesome work on the update was looking forward to playing new map

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Blaze
I just finished playing for about 30 minutes and man I have to say this mod is good to go. Great job Above and anyone else involved with this project. I’ll continue to play and if I run across any bug or issues I’ll give you definitely let you know.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Kryptic
Damn, at the new island those soldiers put up a good fight, took down 20 with me but they came from behind :) Love it

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Kryptic wrote
Man, why can't anyone make such simple steps to install stuff like you do Above?
I'm not sure! I'm doing my best!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Kryptic wrote
Damn, at the new island those soldiers put up a good fight, took down 20 with me but they came from behind :) Love it
Yes, the Panthera AI is awesome. I've also noticed that the DaiZy AI is hella harder on Panthera for some reason.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Blaze wrote
I just finished playing for about 30 minutes and man I have to say this mod is good to go. Great job Above and anyone else involved with this project. I’ll continue to play and if I run across any bug or issues I’ll give you definitely let you know.
I've also played it for quite some time since I uploaded it. And I gotta say, I'm actually having a damn blast. The AI is harder, making it possible to actually die. You don't get bored as fast as other maps (I don't know why the AI is harder now, because it's the same AI as before). But this actually allows (me at least) to enjoy it ALOT more.

Chernarus tends to get too easy, and you just end up eith an AS50, bored.

I also appriciate every bit of feedback. /Bow

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Stormforge
Playing the No AI version of this map and just started out, exploring a couple of small outposts(?) that were close together. Using the Cowarmod so I had just a knife to fight with. Have not found any weapons just yet and BLAM!, started taking fire. Dropped prone and rolled behind a bush. Did not get a good look at them as they were trying to reposition but I saw them moving around. Waited till they moved behind a wall and hightailed it out of there. Not bringing a knife to a gun fight lol.

Point of this post is that I was playing the no AI version!

Quick question though. How do the AI bandits spawn on this map? Can they spawn close to you (on some maps they spawn repeatedly right next to me) like some of the others, or do they spawn farther off and I can wander into them? If the latter I will just keep playing with the bandits on as the former is why I don't like using them.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Haleks
Stormforge wrote
Quick question though. How do the AI bandits spawn on this map? Can they spawn close to you (on some maps they spawn repeatedly right next to me) like some of the others, or do they spawn farther off and I can wander into them? If the latter I will just keep playing with the bandits on as the former is why I don't like using them.
Mainpost :
Above wrote
AI:
AI got a minimum spawnrange of 200 (they'll never spawn in your face more). And a maximum of 1000.

[...]

First of all, read the mainpost hehehehehe.

Secondly, the new Panthera do have AI, I wont delete those even though it says no AI. Since they're a part of the mission. D;

They should only be on the new island, though. What they tried to do was make a "Salvation City" sorta thing.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

Stormforge
Oops, yeah I should have read the first page more completely. Have downloaded this map before about a month or 2 ago and didn't see the no AI version so I assumed. Good, going to like this version then.

Just surprised me when I started taking fire. This was around Tarvisio in the northwest of the main island and happened as I worked my way inland from the west. Spawned a Huey to check out the the new island and took heavy fire from around the airport area as I flew over. Then flew over the other airports on the main island and not a peep coming from those. hehe

Hahaha, yes. They're many, and aggressive. This is meant for multiplayer, and even for squads. So if you wanna get geared there, you have to be careful. :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

DarkRaven
There hard as nails, challenge accepted.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

DarkRaven wrote
There hard as nails, challenge accepted.

Hahaha! They're not THAT hard, hehe. Harder at least. :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Dred
You can look at the Sahrani island too, i enjoyed it when playing MP!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

MasterNe0
How can I change the start-up loadout? I just want to re-add a pistol and the map and a patrol pack to my character whenever I start a new character.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

MasterNe0 wrote

It's in the dayz_code. Make a search for "Makarov" that should bring you to where you change it.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

MasterNe0
Ok. found it. Thanks.

last question I have is how did u make it so that everytime u spawn, it gives you a different sidearm in the old maps that you had?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

MasterNe0 wrote
Ok. found it. Thanks.

last question I have is how did u make it so that everytime u spawn, it gives you a different sidearm in the old maps that you had?
That's changed in the mission file. Those player loadout files were deleted though, but you can get them from older releases. I wanted it to use the "real" loadout, so I removed the mission loadout.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Snuggly Overlord
Dayz mercenary?
Or (not sure if this is done, or is possible, but Dayz origens? That one would be great

Thanks for the work, got nearly all of them my-self

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Blor1 wrote
Dayz mercenary?
Or (not sure if this is done, or is possible, but Dayz origens? That one would be great

Thanks for the work, got nearly all of them my-self

DayZ Origins is not possible at all, as of now. If they ever release the mission and the server files, then we'll be able to make it. But they'll postpone it until standalone because that's just the kind of people they are. If they even release it in the first place.

And mercenary, it's possible. I might take a look at it soon, if no one else feels like doing so.
1234567