RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.11d (25.12.2020)

1 ... 6789101112

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.10a (05.04.2018)

Oliv82
Oliv82 wrote
Maybe I could add clothes item to "transform" the "basic women Survivor" to Tamika skin, its a possibility
Sadly apparently, Tamira 3d model include the portrait of Tamira, so it seems impossible to select the outfit only for a regular female gender survivor... wear extra clothes for women character will not be able :/

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.10a (05.04.2018)

Oliv82
v6.10e:

- added "s_moving_AI" handler (while {1==1} do {...) for "s_player_mvSafePos_AI" addAction command
- doMoveSafePosAI.sqf: Force recruted survivor to move without aiming/shoting zeds (_selectedUnit disableAI TARGET/AUTOTARGET/WEAPONAIM, _selectedUnit allowDamage false/true)
- ppEffect: radiations grainSize/intensity effects are now linked with the type of player clothes
- player_wearClothes.sqf: female character init condition fix
- Selection gender menu: female type identity fix (added "Lisa_Doe" in description.ext)
- wrong magazine name "ItemAntimet" replaced by "ItemAntiRad2" (cfgLoot.hpp)
- added "ItemAntiRad2" in cfgLoot.hpp medicals loot tables
- added some quivers/bolts entries in buildings/cfgLoot.hpp loot tables
- Weapons trader: added "Radio" and "Geiger counter" items

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.10a (05.04.2018)

Oliv82
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Yep! Tried a random female in DayZ X and tried it in the editor before that, pppfffuuhhh!?!? Such a turn off, lol! A1 had a bunch of females u could play as, but not in A2, lol! In A2 you can carry some grenades for your male companions and go crouch, pfff!, lol!, and you can wave your arms and turn your head back and forth in panic when you getting scared, really?, lol! You can´t even steer her when she decides to flee, lmao!

P.S. If you want you can add. "Female US Soldier pack" for A2 (from Armaholic) in some future update if you want, seems easy to do. Or? Switching from female to female? Does that work?, maybe add. some features to it?, like better cold resistance or something. I´m fine myself, playing as "Kane Myskin" in Namalsk and as myself in Chernarus 1987, so i´m cool.
Ill check that

edit:
Usefull mod to understand how work cfgFaces and cfgHeads,
Sadly in all my tests I wasnt able to do what I wanted for Annie Baker (the dayz original model)
Arma2 engine dont allow to switch faces models, my game had crashed 2 times because of wrong matches of 3d models (body and head meshes)
There is a huge list of switchables faces in Arma2 but all are for men characters

I keep this mod but I dont think its crucial to include it in my mod for the moment
I could code a random selection of those "Female US Soldiers" at start of the game or as survivors ai's...
But mmm... nope

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.10a (05.04.2018)

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.10e (16.04.2018)

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.10e (16.04.2018)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Played it for some time now, and have to say that i really like that the Z´s is fewer in v607b, they grow in numbers after a while but not as many like the previous missions. A nice balance cause they are so hard to kill, like it, a bit different gameplay to Chernarus witch is nice. A bit more chill.
Like that the loot is more spread in your mods also, you don´t need to run the same pattern all the time, like the online versions force you to. You find loot all over the place, and not necessarily at their given place. Way better.
Ai is great, could be even fewer but that´s my personal take, i always like it "slow", don´t mind it when it is a bit tedious. I want the feeling of loneliness somehow depressing in DayZ. Can see the (stalker) take in it, that´s actually fit the mod well and with the traders i think it make sense with some traffic on the island, more like contractors, not see the ais just like "survivors".
The bloodsuckers, i can live without em. Otherwise i really like it, and nice with the morning mist you took from Chernarus, adds that extra creepy feeling, real cool!
Iam happy you like the mod !
I dont play the mod at the moment, I hope almost bugs are fixed despite all my tests, I didnt played enough time to be sure
About zeds respawn, you have probably the feeling they dont spawn, but they can be hided behind buildings, roaming, searching for fresh blood :)
There is also a feature of "zed victim" who can inform others zeds of your position even if they cant see you
The new zeds spawn system added a timer selection by the location type, a few like the bandits spawn system but less complex
Dont forget to aim the head of zeds, you will save your ammunitions :p

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Edit: Maybe a bit more forgiving on the temp/coldness nodoors. Not necessarily like cars etc. but if you enter  a building that is closed, with doors and intact windows the temp should stop from falling. (Two benefits from that, 1. You can catch your breath, revalue your next move etc. more gentle if so. 2. You don´t have to be active "on the go" all the time, mixing the playstyle up a bit). Juust a minor thing on that.
Good idea you have,
Temperatures factors are already coded only for open vehicles, bicycles, motos, gyroCopter..
For houses, it is another story, theres as a lot of buildings to check but do-able
The temp system values force player to stay at low sea level on the map without warm clothes, thats was the initial idea for the parameters
My first feeling about that is a ton of work to do, I already search for simple code to reduce the work quantity and do not overloading the already surcharged temperature system...
If I find a good code for this idea, it should be nice, Iam agree with that
Another question, I dont know if you are "realy" a women (because your avatar) but I wondered if you play with the female character ?
Thats should confirm your feeling the game is pretty hard about restoring player temperature by playing
Just moving with the male character is enough to restore temp in good weather conditions but female character has a malus of 4 points (male:18 female:14 (check fn_temperatur.sqf)) so I can understand your idea mentioned
Personnaly, I always play with male character, and I admit all my tests of temperatures with female character has been "skipped".

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
And i don´t need to point out that everything, like how you interact with the world, from "not be able to light wet wood on fire" to passing out from hunger, stamina etc., etc., layer upon layer on almost all settings in the game, unique to your mods. The fine tuned journal with that great creation manual (can skip the "base building" all day do to that one). The physics, like putting a tent on the second floor etc. (Think you are the only one adding that to your mods.) It´s so much to your mods that is 10 times more, better, deeper. And that without ruin the DayZ experience, the same core, so good! If you compare it to the online mod it´s an another world. Had to say this, everyone all ready know it but, this is pure gold!
Mmm.. thanks ), Dayz online is still good for play with friends, with a teamplay...
But SP needed another gameplay, differents features, thats why I worked on those special priorities and modified/added scripts
Once again I modified this mod for me, a way to modify Dayz

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.10e (16.04.2018)

Oliv82
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Ohh?!, so they spawning in more sporadically, i see. That´s nice. Think they appear a bit fewer though, witch is better. Maybe cause they not spawning in in a big chunk like AI600, seen they spawned in 10-15 "on a coin" at the very same time. And i was suspecting that they kind of acting in "a bit differnt way" on other Z´s in curret one, lol!, that´s really cool. And yes, i alwas been playing as a female, but changed/changing it to male in Namalsk form now on. Didn´t know that the other gender had such a big impact on the gamplay. Gonna be fun to play as a male for a while, just good on that (If online has the same settings as yours have, no damn i´v had such a hard time in the game, wtf?, lol!). Haven´t noticed any bugs worth mention either.
New versions avoid zeds to spawn at the same place, they spawn all around the player radius, and they spawn if the building is a "can_Loot" building
Actually, playing as a female in Namalsk 1987mod isnt very attractive in term of gameplay because you will not be allow to explore all the map, you will not be able to find best loots on mountains locations etc etc...
Just the beginning will be a little hard about recovering normal temp of the character, you should be unconscious often than male character because of this low temp factor (14), this is the only parameter who have been setted for female character.

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Yep! The online is good, (Vanilla), not Epoch or Overpoch, just saying. Just that you seems to concern on every little aspect in your mods, and that´s great. Like the first time i drank, not repetitive (5/full) all the time like Vanilla, not (1) once every 30 minutes to an hour like Epoch, just perfect balanced to SP and MP. Then having that mindset to everything is, just wow!
H/T factors was a nightmare to script/test, not pure realistic but (finaly) good balanced for the game

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Do to the temp setting idea, i´ve got one wild one on this one, lol. I thought, if!, without any hassle or time consuming extra job, if you have to screw around with it, just skip it! Your effort is more than enough i understand that. But!
Generaly in Dayz, you try to find best weapons and kill bandits or become bandit etc etc..
My both mods added some more of "survival" gameplay, but in original Dayz, temperatures factors were not enough coded for a "hardcore" survival game, thats why the work about houses shapes are not present, its a "Rocket" legacy, and if you check collisions boxes of houses, its not really hardcoded by Arma2 to respect if player is warmed less or better in differents positions in this collision box.
For Arma2 engine, you are in house or not (something like: _inHouse = true or false)
In Namalsk mod, the cold is one of the main gameplay factor, but if you climb at the top of a house, you are still in house and you will warm your player, its weird... I think its possible to code but with a ton of work... for just this feature, is it necessary ? ;) but your idea was good indeed, iam agree

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
1. If someone happen to find any solution to the "female reskin issue" in the future, and that one gonna be easy to use in Dayz, add that. (Repainting the model "cloth" is not an option?, Annie as survivor and bandit in different color schemes).
Use "paint.exe" of Windows, no I joke :p
Ive ever tried Oxygen2 for trying to edit female skins, Annie was "remodeled" by "Rocket" (in goal to add ability to carry weapons) and sadly this 3d file is protected.

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
2. Then you putting my idea about the temp in the game. (And for the record, not "nodoors", a typo form me, shall be "indoors" of course). Thus, enterable "houses" with doors that you can open/close, somehow intact windows to the building.
My skill about modding animations is absolutly zero.

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
3. Then! This is the beauty to it. Don´t change anything to the female character (Annie). Let the settings be as they are (worse) than a male. And shaboom!, we have us an "hardcore" level to the game. If one played the mod/mods for many hours and want a new feel to it, now they´ve got it.

Edit: Think the "Female US Soldiers" only has 1/3rd the slots in gears as the normal space is. Just some bait for you, lol!
I dont know if I understand well that, I use google translator and its unreadable for me lol

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
Installing the last hotfix (2) right now!

To be clear. I´m having both Namalsk and Chernarus in mind due to my game changing ideas.
Keep in mind for each update installed, you will need to restart another game

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.10e (16.04.2018)

mp5lng
Hey Rachel,
If you want some nice showcasing screenshots, you can either do an first person view or third, both are cool, I personally prefer 3rd as it shows the character.
Here are a few I've made long time ago using different Daizy versions:
http://www.moddb.com/members/mp5lng/images/daizy-2017-single-player#imagebox
http://www.moddb.com/members/mp5lng/images/lonely-hunter#imagebox
http://www.moddb.com/members/mp5lng/images/lonely-hunter1#imagebox
http://www.moddb.com/members/mp5lng/images/the-old-dayz#imagebox
http://www.moddb.com/members/mp5lng/images/above-the-world#imagebox
http://www.moddb.com/members/mp5lng/images/alone-in-the-world#imagebox

Concerning random comments, you just hit reply and write what you have in mind, you only quote something if you want to reply to that specific comment or statement :D

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.10e (16.04.2018)

mp5lng
You're welcome :)

For taking screenshots I use Fraps, you can use any third party software like bandicam too. I use Fraps since it's super easy to use and light. If you're okay with the cracked full version you can find it floating around the internet, or I can link it here. Otherwise the free one will do just fine, maybe it will put a watermark in the screenshots.

Not high end rig, in fact, I have an average rig, but for those screenshots I put all settings to max LOL. That's the great thing about ARMA 2, you can put all settings up without the need to reboot the game. To run the game like that with 60+ FPS we'll need some NASA computer :')

field of view was put to max as well hahaha, that's what gives such a marvelous horizon :D with such high settings the game runs at about 20 FPS, and I can't live with that...

Dayz2017 is super great! it has the true post apocalyptic feeling of all versions. Harsh environment, rare food, useless loot most of the time, but damn that version is the one I love the most! I don't know why the heck I don't have it right now, well, time to download it and start adding some extra addons to it :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v4.00

LokoBey
Where is the PBO to select the mission?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v4.00

Eric the Viking
LokoBey wrote
Where is the PBO to select the mission?
Hi there LokoBey,

The mission file isn't in the usual .PBO format at the moment but exists just in an unpacked state for now.

Just to clarify the install method for you and others;

1. Download the four files from the OP...

2. Extract all files to their own folders...

Copy the two folders from MAINv6.0 into your Arma 2 OA folder first. Once complete rename the folder "@DayZ_Namalsk_SP" to "@DayZ_Namalsk_SP406"

Copy over the two folders from PATCHv6.10a, then FIXv6.10c and lastly FIXv6.0e overwriting at each stage when prompted.

In the mission folder there will be several missions now - delete all but v6.10e. When you're done it should look like this...

Launch the game using a shortcut. Depending on your install paths and/or version of Arma 2, see the OP for a suitable command line. The one I use for my install as shown in the above pictures is;

E:\DayZ_Oliv82\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=@DayZ_Namalsk_SP406;" -nosplash -skipIntro -high

Note the "Start In" entry matches that section in the command line.

Once you have launched the game, select "Scenario" and you'll see the Namalsk v6.10e mission there. Select that and start your adventure!

Good luck and have fun! :)

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.10e (16.04.2018)

JSnake
Is there a way to make zombies easier to kill? They are incredibly overpowered.
1 ... 6789101112