RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v11.32b (20.10.20)

1 ... 6789101112 ... 26

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

kodabar wrote
I like this. The improvements are excellent and there's plenty to do. It runs really nicely and the only error I get is about a "bad vehicle type" (upon starting a new game or resuming an existing one).

Screenshot of error message
This happens in the later patches, if I remember correctly it's just a left over item class.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.6 (updated 16.08.14)

shengzhanzhe
hey Oliv82. first of all great job  now is there a way i can spawn random bandit in game randomly for amusement ?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.6 (updated 16.08.14)

Slaiine
This is a really fun mod, thank you so much. Please return the base building script

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Whatever
Sledge wrote
Hey im new to all this and im getting this error its prob an easy fix but im just not sure what to do?

thanks in advance

I had same problem when I tried to run game from Beta exe file. So dont do it. Make a shortcut of normal game exe, add command line on the file as described in 1st post, and run game from normal exe file. Should work since this solution worked for me.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.14b (updated 4.06.15)

Whatever
I have a few problems with this release:
1. Fireplace - Cannot create it. I have the matches and the wood but when I click on matches "make fireplace" it wont start.

2. Tent - Same problem as with the fireplace - when I click on "pitch tent" it wont start.

3. Uniforms - I have found gillie and some other uniforms but when I want to change it disappears and I get "civilian clothing" in my inventory but the character remains in default uniform.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.14b (updated 4.06.15)

chrispools
I know this is an old thread, but this mod is outstanding, (as are a lot of others here) This one suits me to a T. The early morning mist, and cold breath is awsome. Hats off to you sir on some great work. A couple of things

---How can I change the sleep in tent cool down timer? 10 hours to wait? Really?
--- Can the ai team mates be tweaked?  My useless goon aimbotted my car, whilst locking onto a distant threat, and made it burst into flames.  The car was full of loot that I spent 3 hours collecting.

I have looked online for script advice but cannot find the relevant folders.
Thanks pal.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.14b (updated 4.06.15)

kodabar
Administrator
Good questions, but I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. The sleep cooldown is coded into the game files and can't be over-ridden with a setting or config file. You'd have to pull apart the game files and edit them to remove/adjust that limit.

And the problem with the AI is one that persists until today. The AI are phenomenally stupid and will not take account of objects in their way when firing. I've had AI teammates shoot up my helicopter trying to target a zombie in the next field. There are various modules out there designed to improve the AI behaviour, but you're still likely to have problems like that one. The AI doesn't know the car is important to you and there is no calculation to determine if anything is in its firing path.

You can try AI behaviour modules like ASR to try to improve the way they act, but AI behaviour has always been a problem.
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12105

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.14b (updated 4.06.15)

chrispools
Thanks man. Nice to see old thread still alive. I got round the dodgy AI thing by just turning "hold fire" on and just use him as a spotter. lol.

 Just one more point, the link to the patch on page one is dead. Has the main link been updated in the meantime to include all anyway?

Also, i dont seem to be able to build stuff. The "build" button does nothing even when i have all the right stuff

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.14b (updated 4.06.15)

kodabar
Administrator
Good workaround. The AI can be bloody annoying, but their spotting is jolly useful.

Annoyingly, I can't find the patch file anywhere. I have copies of a lot of the files on here, but that's one I don't have. I'm pretty sure the functions weren't built in to the main file either, so it is necessary.

I don't know what to suggest as I think Oliv82 is going to be the only person who has that file. So I guess we can only hope that he'll reply to this thread.

In the meantime I can only suggest that you try one of the other Factions mods, but that's probably not a satisfactory alternative. Sorry.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.14b (updated 4.06.15)

Eric the Viking
I'm 95% sure Oliv82 won't mind me sharing this at least until he restores the original link...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u8y9cg7p7q6bs4p/%40DaiZyFACTIONS_Chernarus_1987_v8.14b_PATCH.rar

Obviously, if he does object I will remove it asap!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.14b (updated 4.06.15)

chrispools
Thanks very much Eric, really apreciate that. My only worry is will I need to start a new game for the patch to be valid?

Thanks Kodabar for your assistance too.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.14b (updated 4.06.15)

kodabar
Administrator
Nice going, Eric!

Yes, you'll definitely have to restart your game. Any changes to any ArmA game, mod, etc always require a restart. ArmA saves the state of your mods and addons with its savegame, so at best you'll be able to resume, but without the benefit of any changes. At worst, it will complain, delete your savegame and force you to restart anyway. Effectively, any change or update always requires a restart.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

megashark23
main files link is down i cant download them

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

kodabar
Administrator
The link is working fine for me. I've uploaded the files to a different host so you can try that.

Main file:
https://mega.nz/#!E8l3wAxJ!me1Do2kj9XPwW8PNNkcaJ-v1jIguFD5_Q4L_cx8mZgI

Patch file:
https://mega.nz/#!A1cwzQ4T!tYmfNmC3whtJwuHP-LJ_8wBi6J0YljWRFfXZnEObJyQ

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.14b (updated 4.06.15)

snipetay205
what i can play of it i love, but for some reason my game just keeps randomly crashing... when i had just 2018 it never did this, it also seems to happen whenever i try and press f2 or any of the other f buttons, could you possibly help me out? im literally lost on ideas what to do

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

Jesawulf
Thanks, Kodabar! I was having the same problem as megashark23.. I would get the dl to start, but then I would get repeated "download failed" errors. Your links worked, though! TY, Sir!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

MrThirsty
This post was updated on .
Always enjoyed Haleks version and this looks really decent too - will give it a shot...

Struggling to get this working so will stick with Haleks 2018 version for now until factions v3 is out.
"Reality is for people who lack imagination"

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Hi,
Im back on this mod :)

Ive played on the real DayZ 1.8.8 recently and...
Mmm.. well... it's still the same.. it's DayZ online :p

So ive done a little list of changes on my mod:

-Gear GUI 1.8.8 (but status GUI is still 1.7.6.1)
-New infected effects
-New simplified Nutrition system Thirst+Hunger
-Drink-Eat scripts little modification on delays (now based on thirst/hunger values)
-Added "sick" variable (sick effects are not the same of "infected")
-Init lost blood fixed (finaly !)
-"BAD VEHICLE TYPE" fixed (wohoo !) as Haleks said, it was the player_monitor.fsm :)
-Work on player_spawn2 to adjust T°/Hunger-Thirst for each type of veh.
-Vehicle Damage script fixed (from SP Namalsk)
-init_medical added unconscious chance while messing (from SP Namalsk)
-New loots chances (+ weapons, helicrash, wrecks)
-Added group spawn zeds on wrecks
-Work on player_wearClothes (added player's AIs fix)
-New "ammoFix" script
-AIs addEventHandler fixes
-Work on fn_temperatur
-spawn_loot (nul divider) fixed
-NPC alert zeds fixed
-New chance BPacks/weapons/pistols system on Bandits/survivors spawn (Daizy fonctions)
-"fn_setBehaviour" added more skills values (+ day/night condition)
-Crossbow from 1.8.8
-Various Items/trash from 1.8.8
-Weapons attachments from 1.8.8 (+ fixes)
-"wooden_crate" is now a weaponHolder object
-Added scripts/fixes for "MedBox0" and "wooden_crate"
-Now you can check items/weapons/BP capacities in "wooden_crate" object (object_monitorGear)
-BloodTest added
-Work on colored_monitor to add BloodType/Rh
-Added bloodbags stuff from 1.8.8 (+ added selfBloodBag from SP Namalsk)
-Infected camp at Southern Balota rework (2 days of work :p)
-Added POI from 1.8.8
-New script for Infection chance - (work with wipes)
-Freedrink script added
-Machete added hit=11 (Hatchet hit=10)
-Arrows velocity increased 220 (default 100)
-Work on Zeroing on all weapons
-New Industrial loot array
-New Farm loot array
-Added 1 military tent_camp can now spawn loots
-Added player_spawnCheck with loot respawn system (from Namalsk SP)
-Refuel script (from Namalsk SP)
-FlipVehicle script (from Namalsk SP)
-AI revive script (from Namalsk SP)
-Lot of scripts little fixes/adjust

About crafting... for me theres a lot of useless/unrealist items on 1.8.8.
Useless because simply you cant use 80% of those crafts for a SP mod,
thats why its limited to essential on this mod:
-Arrows
-Quivers
-Bandages
-Wooden crate

-Ai's weapons magazines fix
-fn_selfActions fix

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

chrispools
Nice one Olive. I just put this lot back on my pc after a break. Its my "go to" mod now :-) Cheers m8.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v1.0

chrispools
Just had a quick play, and I think there is a bug with the hunger and thirst icons. They go down at an alarming rate, yet when you try to eat or drink, the dude says he is not hungry or thirsty. Its a bit much when eating and drinking have to be done every 5 minutes or so. Not sure i like it if i am honest.
1 ... 6789101112 ... 26