RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v11.32b (20.10.20)

1 ... 567891011 ... 26

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

dannywaugh1
is there a tutorial for th base building ?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Stilque
This post was updated on .
How can i Use Radio (Where can I use it ?? o.O ) I have 2 radio and stil cant CallDrop any think ;/

After some time of playing Zeds stop sapawning ;/ 0/0 Zeds in all locations ;(

AI stil spawn normal

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Oliv82
@Eric The Viking
I work on changing environnemental factors to more affect the player :)

@Danny:
Mmm, if I remember, the build system is a bit tricky, you need to have the exact qty of materials to do the desired building

@Stilque:
This is a know bug thats the reason I actuallly work on it, I have redone the spawning scripts so I need to test it again and again, particulary when the game is loaded
v8.13 is not finished and you will probably have bugs, I recommand you to stop play for the moment :(, or if you want to help me to repport bugs

As I said in a last post, I have a big list of bugs, this is approximativly 50% done for now
+ new good features to come

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Eric the Viking
Oliv82 wrote
+ new good features to come
Cool, looking forward to it :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Stilque
Its seams that Loot spawn only once and then stay all the time the same ( I try to loot all items in barracks etc. and then w8 for re-spawn but after 1 day (In game) still nothing. ) I don`t know if that`s a bug or no.

I really like your Mod for DayZ but it would be much more nice if there would be more NPC group spawn 3-4 npc in one group. Because single NPC Is no challenge at all. Or spawning 3 Single bandits in the same time.
Decrease Spawn chance of Items needed to repair vehicle/Heli.
Less food More animals ?? it would be nice :D
Set a script with a Weapon Transport Crash (guarded) or something like that :D

Sins the beginning of my game play I have seen only 1 Car Patrol :D I hope Its not a Bug :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
@Stilque

About loots spawn once:

this is a very very ..very old know "bug", it was like that when I began to mod the first Factions mod from Haleks :/ , "bug" because I think something is missed in folders but what ? I dont know honestly...
I thought this "bug" wasnt a major bug for me, so I added a command to just delete all loots of entire Chernarus in the "player_sleep.sqf" script ... not the best way to fix this bug if you have often Original Dayz game, but in my point of view its not a priority to fix it because I cant imagine loots spawning and changing every hour or 20 minutes etc etc..

I let player try to survive running to cities to cities trying to find food etc .. then come the time to sleep and reset at this moment all the loots, for me its more "realistic" even if it's weird :p

I will have a look for loots spawn system like I said in prev post, I need to know how this system work
Try to spawn a tent and sleep with cheat menu, normaly you will have fresh loots.

About NPC's qty, a lot of guys who play this mod have the same feeling, I know, I know... but I will not change those qty, please wait for the next version of this mod and I will explain how to set NPC's qty (if you dont know already how to do.. (explained in prev posts if you search)

"Decrease Spawn chance of Items needed to repair vehicle/Heli."
It's true, I have the same feeling since few time by playing this mod, I keep in mind this comment

"Less food More animals ?? it would be nice :D"
I setted the max_animals number to "1" in next version ... sorry :), but actually you played with max_animals = "2", enjoy :)
This value can be changed in "\missions\DaiZyFactions1987wpmod8....\fixes\init\variables.sqf" (dayz_maxAnimals = 1;)

"Set a script with a Weapon Transport Crash (guarded) or something like that :D "
"dropspawn2.sqf" is a kind of script you mean, if you want other vehicles types than the old an-2, I let you change it :)

"Sins the beginning of my game play I have seen only 1 Car Patrol :D I hope Its not a Bug :D "
Because it's not New York :p, this is Chernarus ), seriously its not a bug, I reduced the vehicles qty, the player have legs to move too :)

You can change all factors/qty/values/delays of NPC's, vehicles, zeds etc etc... if you want, its easy to do, but for the moment Iam focused on bugs, gameplay logics or scripts not well finished, but its a feedback and all feedbacks are good even some of them arent positives :)

On my list there are 33 things to do, to fix or to check
10 things are done for now :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Stilque
"Set a script with a Weapon Transport Crash (guarded) or something like that :D "
"dropspawn2.sqf" is a kind of script you mean, if you want other vehicles types than the old an-2, I let you change it :)

Well its seams I have Bad luck, Cuz i didn`t see any of that an-2 from begin of the game (I play from 5-6 days ^^ ) And I still dont know how to use radio :D

About Car patrol, I don't need them to get a vehicle  I like only when you can feel that you are hunted by bandits :D Best way for that would be if you can`t repair Cars from Car patrols :D

About Loot re-spawn, Sleeping in Camp Dos not help at all ;/ Lot stay the same and if I Use option of Clear Loot, Its only clear 1 building ( Mostly Building next to me ;p )

And beside you can be sure I will still play in Your DayZ mod cuz its awesome, If I find more bugs I will Post Here at once :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
About the an2 drop script, there isnt any scroll menu to use it,  you just need approach the satNav very close and your player will begin an animation, but you need the itemRadio before
Its on my "todo" list ), I will add a "menuAction"

"About Car patrol, I don't need them to get a vehicle  I like only when you can feel that you are hunted by bandits :D Best way for that would be if you can`t repair Cars from Car patrols :D "
Yes! bandits seems to be more or less skilled individualy to have capability to chase the player :p, some of them could be stupid too )
You cant repair AI vehicles ? bug ? I thought it was fixed :/

"About Loot re-spawn, Sleeping in Camp Dos not help at all ;/ Lot stay the same and if I Use option of Clear Loot, Its only clear 1 building ( Mostly Building next to me ;p ) "
I need to check that later but thanks again for your feedback, it will help me a lot :)

For the news,

- Bandits messages will be removed (but not for banditsSquad) (DONE)
- Lost of T° when you light a fire in buildings FIXED (DONE)
- Camp_fire_burning in building: player distance factor T° slightly modified (DONE)
- Wrong objects removed from the "Fire" factor (DONE)
- Now zeds can kill Bandits but not your team mates, they will just be unconscious (DONE)
- Team mates can be "revived" with "Epi-Pen" item (DONE)
- Injured chances have been reactivated, in prev versions, I missed the right script files... (DONE)
- Krikes SBB script light fix (DONE)
- You can heal from a sick with weather conditions (DONE)
- Loots @ wrecks-helis script rewrited (DONE)
- Fire effects @ wrecks. "forEach" must be deleted ! (DONE)
- Recruit_survivor script redone (DONE)
- MatchesBox script (DONE)
- Player can loot wood_pile item in Land_Fire_DZ fixed (DONE)
- Added scroll menu for quick bandage injuries (DONE)
- Reactivate the drink delay (DONE)
- Sleep script: added a randomized sleep_time 7+rdm1 (DONE)
- CLY script removed (DONE)
- Added attack moves on zeds when they are close to NPC's (DONE)
- "player_makefire" release wood_pos fixed. Now wood_pile dont spawn just below player (DONE)
- Hunger lost GUI icon at start bug fixed (added hunger=0 var in player_spawn_2) (DONE)
- an2drop script: randomized spawn npc's number, randomized reammobox loots, more realistic npcs moves around the reammobox, little command bug fixed (DONE)
- painkiller script little fix (DONE)
- eat, drink, selbloodbag vars delays fixed (DONE)

@Stilque
I have bad behaviour of the an-2 when I try to add a scrollmenuAction .. idk why .. so i prefer keep the old system

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Well.. all seems to be OK
Ive also restored the fracture icon, deleted a lot of useless things about MP orig version, Ive optimized the init.sqf and others important file of the system and a lot of bugs too !

I added a effect script for infected-sick status, quick made, if you have better effects for that dont hesitate to suggest your settings :)

so v8.14b ready !
Ive forgot to reactivate the colored monitor, check init.sqf to switch the monitor type wich you want !

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.14b (updated 4.06.15)

ZombieKiller_DE
Hi, i really like your mods, its very much fun to play :D I would ask if you could make it for other maps too, that would be really awesome.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

kodabar
I like this. The improvements are excellent and there's plenty to do. It runs really nicely and the only error I get is about a "bad vehicle type" (upon starting a new game or resuming an existing one).

Screenshot of error message

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Eric the Viking
kodabar wrote
It runs really nicely and the only error I get is about a "bad vehicle type" (upon starting a new game or resuming an existing one).
It's a known problem I believe.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Oliv82
Yes, an old problem... I tried to remember how and when this problem appeared, I think its because the rMod not sure ...

I tried to add or delete required patches/addons on configs.cpp files .. no success, I would have help about this bug... maybe a wrong class name or unexisting classname in mission files ... idk and arma2 engine dont help me more like that, just this message "bad vehicle type".. not helpfull...

About others messages,
There is still 1 script errors about "spawn_loot.sqf" on a specific dayzMP fonction, but too complex for me to fix it :/, anyway, the game work nicely with less lags than before, ive probably fixed a ton of scripts errors who wasnt fitted for the SP mode

ZombieKiller_DE:
I think about Namalk map but for the moment iam still focused on fix errors on this mod !

Administrator
If you don't mind, I'm going to make a video of this one. I feel it represents some of the best work done on here recently and presents some nice new challenges as well as being friendly to new players.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Oliv82
If you want why not ! iam greatly honored to have your approbation )

But ...You need to know, I know a lot of players want a base building feature on this kind of mods, and i removed it for the moment... but I must admit iam not very friendly about this feature, and adding this feature seems to be very very complex because there is a lot of MP codes, but not impossible )

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Sledge
Hey im new to all this and im getting this error its prob an easy fix but im just not sure what to do?

thanks in advance

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Haleks
Hi there!

It's been a long, long time since I opened a DayZ/DaiZy file, but in my experience, the "bad vehicle type" error was usually caused by an error in the player_monitor.fsm file : make sure you defined the right gear & backpack in there. ;)

Hope this helps.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Oliv82
Hi Haleks !

Thx for your info ! maybe I search the bad thing, I even don't know what I need to search in fact :p
I keep a "backpack" problem in mind .. I will also search for others @mods added and made by the communauty

Sledge
No visible text ? it seems to be a video driver problem, something about graphic card

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Sledge
Cheers for the reply , everything was fine befor i added the files from the "how too" and downloaded the beta drivers so it may be somthing to do with the beta drivers

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.9 (updated 29.08.14)

Eric the Viking
@Sledge I have had this problem and I've been racking my brain trying to remember what I did to fix it - I have a vague notion it was a mish-mash of beta patches and a fresh install fixed it for me.

*

It's been real nice getting back into some lean times after the land of plenty that is Epoch. I can see I have missed the hard scrabble for mere existence.

I'd spawned in around Krutoy Cap, headed west towards Kamyshovo. Nothing much there but I did find a bicycle in someones backyard. Headed onwards to Elektro finding some food and drink but still lacking medical supplies. Got some industrial loot to start repairing the car in the small industrial park east of Elektro. I'd heard a few shots up towards the power station but decided to steer clear.

A enemy heli appeared and I'm pretty sure he was giving the poor soul near the power station what-for - until a friendly heli appeared. A shriek of rocket fire followed by machine gun fire and the baddie heli was toast. The friendly then promptly flew into the side of the mountain, exploding as he tore through the trees. I raced to the scene, hoping for loot. Found 3 dead bandits, thus ends the story of my first AK + 4 mags....

The bandits are nicely paced, with the right about of skill - I was a little worried there was a problem early on when one didn't try to shoot me has I stalked him and eventually hatcheted him to death - no, there was no problem, he'd just run out of ammo...

I love the particle effects, they are just so atmospheric. It's a real challenge to just get my blood back up (around 10k now) and that tenuous grip on life keeps you on your toes.

On the topic of loot spawning, I tend to use the "delete loot" command on high value buildings after I have looted them - fresh loot will have spawned if / when I return. I noticed the mission PBO was 1Mb smaller, I guess that's the building stuff - it's nice to have the option to put down roots at some point but either way, it's a great mod Oliv82 and an experience which gets better all the time!

1 ... 567891011 ... 26