RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS 2.1 [07/11 FINAL RELEASE]

1234 ... 69

RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS 2.1 [07/11 FINAL RELEASE]

This is a Full AI release (with both bandits and survivors) based upon the DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6 release by Above.

Features in this release :

- Bandits and recruitable survivors AI.
- 25 new character models & skins.
- Random helicrash sites.
- Zombies spawning in forests.
- Self bloodbag ability.
- An improved building script.
- AI, Zeds & Heli crashes spawning while inside vehicles.
- Patroling Choppers.
- Zombies reacting to AI gunshots.
- Mission files with or without Cheat menu.

You have the choice between two mission types :
- Regular mission file : everyone will see Zeds as threats.
- Bandit Edition : PvP game style. Most of the NPCs will ignore Zeds and focus on humans.
The northern bandits will constantly hide and try to ambush the player and other survivors/bandits.

Another optional mission file is available :
I created an alternative introduction; you will play as the leader of a squad of the BAF, surviving the early days of the crisis.
If spawning unarmed at the coast bores you, this mission was made for you!

Updates/other features:
07/11/13 : Updated mission files

- [FIXED] Helicrash loot wasn't spawning.

- [FIXED] Some bandits had a chance to spawn with a sniper rifle without ammo.

06/07/13 : Updated Alternative Scenario

- Added the "Recruit" option to BAF soldiers. They can also draw nearby zombies when shooting.

- Added a glock17 to the player's loadout (without ammo).

- The intro sequence should be more stable.

- Fixed helicrashes loot spawn.

06/06/13 : Updated to v2.1

- The epeen monitor is now available via the cheat menu - this way it still works after resuming a save.

- Tweaked the helicrashes loot spawns a bit more.

- Removed several "forEach allMissionObjects" commands whenever that was possible :
it was quite demanding and possibly had an impact on performances. (Especially concerns the 'regular' mission files.)

06/05/13 : Updated to v2.0

- Fixed helicrash loot spawn. It will spawn around the wreck (rather than right under its tail).

- Improved the NPC ammo system.

- [FIXED] The hunger & thirst icons were broken.

- Epeen monitor added back (press the  "Scroll Lock" key). (Thanks to P1-Kashwak from OpenDayZ!)

- Removed the combat check for the self bloodbag script (conflict with the base building script).

- Removed several restrictions from the Base building script (some of them were breaking the build sequence).

06/04/13 : Updated to v1.9

- New ammo handling for AI : they won't run out of ammo. Also, the player won't find more than four mags when looting them.

- Fixed NPC's loot : the AI units will have different items in their inventory and backpacks.

- [FIXED] Bandits were spawning over and over at the following locations : NW airfield, NE airfield and Elektro city.

- [FIXED] The PK machinegun doesn't overwrite backpacks anymore.

- [FIXED] Some vehicles didn't have their damages set.

- [FIXED] The food indicator was empty when starting a new game.

- I've removed the patrolling cars - they were useless and making it too easy for the player to grab vehicles with mounted guns.

- Removed several machineguns from the bandits loadout.

- Added the following weapons as rare military spawns : AKS_74_pso, AK_107_pso
 and the PK machinegun.

- All the SCAR rifles have been removed from the loot table.

- Fixed a typo wich was preventing the DMZ delete script from running.

- [FIXED] (Bandit Edition) The bandits up North weren't using the "Stealth" behavior.

- The old Bandit skin is now functionnal : survivors will see the player as an enemy.

05/28/13 : v1.8 Hotfix (updated mission & dayz_factions files)

- The Change Player Face feature now works on resuming. You don't need to change face again when changing skins.
Please remember that you can only use the option once in order to avoid graphic issues on your character.
Once used, the option will be removed from the Radio menu!
A list of the Arma 2  faces (01 to 107) is available here.

- Updated dayz_factions file : the survivors weren't engaging zombies properly (sorry about that).
The "Bandit Edition" missions have been modified as well - you'll have to restart if you were playing one of these missions.

05/28/13 : Updated to v1.8

- Killed survivors now respawn in a random town near the southern or the eastern coast.
This doesn't apply to survivors spawned via the cheat menu.

- Added a "Change Player Face" menu (press '0' twice). All 107 faces from Arma 2 are available.

- Modified bandit triggers : I have slightly reduced their maximum number per trigger, and added some in the wilds.

- NPC's don't engage zombies in the Bandit Edition.

- Removed both "SCAR CQC CCO" and "SCAR CQC CCO SD" rifles since they weren't fitting the eastern environment.

- Removed the broken leg icon : being healed by a medic survivor would break it; besides it's not 100% needed.

- Minor fixes and code changes.

05/26/13 : Updated to v1.7.3

- Added bandits patrolling in cars with mounted guns.
Triggers are set with a random spawn timer.

- [FIXED] Bandit squads were not executing the patrol script.
They now behave properly.

- [FIXED] Lone bandits were not engaging bandit squads in the Bandit Edition.

- [FIXED] The player can no longer heal himself or other NPC's.
The "heal NPC" ability has been removed from several survivors model.

05/24/13 : Updated to v1.7.2

- You can now order a Survivor to heal another one - it works the same way as with the medics in Arma 2.

- Added bandit squads in major locations.

- Added back the BAF 4x4 wich was missing.

- Replaced a couple of ambiant soundtracks with tracks from Namalsk.

- [FIXED] Sometimes bandits up North would spawn with improper ammo for their gun.

- [FIXED] The random selection function would sometimes select thrice the same model for chopper crews.

05/21/13 : Updated mission files (v1.7.1)

- Mission files available with or without the Cheat Menu (you can still use the "Skins" and "Sound bug restore" features).

- Improved patroling choppers : UH1H instead of the Mi-17 - it should be easier to bring down.
The chopper will be crewed by three random bandits geared like the ones up North. Overhaul, it now reacts much better.

- Modified the Patrol function to avoid conflict with AI behaviour.

- Made a few modifications to the bandits triggers : I've slightly reduced both the spawn timer and the minimum distance from the player.

- You won't need to 'recruit' bodyguards spawned with the cheat menu anymore.

05/20/13 : Updated to v1.7

- [FIXED] Zombies' reaction to AI gunshots has been fixed and added back.
Please note that zombies won't react to northen bandits gunshots in the Bandit Edition : it wouldn't make much sense since they don't engage them.

- Added patroling choppers. Both bandits and survivors will see them as a threat.
Since the AI is totally dumb when it comes to flying things in combat situations, I strongly recommend using the "ImprovedHelicopterAttackBehavior_AI_C_PvPscene" file from CoWarmod.
(Otherwise half of them will end up into the mountains.) See the Recommended Mods section below.

- I've modified all the bandits triggers : the player shouldn't be able to activate them repeatedly anymore (either by exiting/entering a trigger zone or changing skins multiple times).
The same has been done for the helicopters spawns.

- Modified "Spawn Allies" cheat : it will spawn one survivor only.

- Added a few cars with mounted guns. Most of them use the same ammo type than the PK machinegun.

- You should find more items on helicrash sites (they still spawn right under the wreck though).

05/18/13 : Updated mission, dayz_code & dayz_weapon files

- [REMOVED] Zombies no longer hear NPC's gunshots (behaviour issues).

- [FIXED] The female character was using the male model.

05/17/13 : Updated mission files (v1.6)

- Fixed AI loadout : from now on, AI units will only have ammos they actually need for their current weapon.
No more inventory & backpacks filled with useless items.

- The DMZ delete script by Demonized is now included.
In order to save performance on long term playthroughs, dead bodies will be deleted every 30 minutes.

05/13/13 : Updated to v1.5

- You will find two mission files in the download package : the usual release, plus a "Bandit Edition".
In this one, northern bandits won't engage zombies; they'll be more discreet and try to hide and ambush the player.
Southern bandits and survivors still see Zeds as a threat.

- Modified Cheat Menu : I've removed some features and added some others, such as a "Spawn Allies" option, and the ability to skip 3 hours.

- Daimyo's building script has been successfully updated to v1.2.
You only need to have at least one "ingredient" in your inventory to make the Build Recipe menu available in the scrolling menu.
(You can't remove built items at the moment.)

- The player now starts the game with vanilla DayZ loadout (pretty much nothing).

- Modified the AI equipment : Added some AK's to Southern bandits, while I removed the AS50 from the ones up North.
Survivors now share the same gear than bandits down South. I've also changed the backpacks and others loadout options for Southerners.

- Changed the sleep feature in tents to be more immersive; the time transition is smoother and it now skips 6 hours.

- Tweaked AI behaviour : Bandits should now put more of a fight.

- ...and some minor fixes.

05/03/13 : Updated to v1.3

-The UI is now 100% fixed.
I've also removed a few features from the cheat menu, including the teleport option since it was messing with the UI.

- The mission file now includes Krixes' Self Bloodbag Script. Just use the scroll menu when you have a bloodbag in your inventory.
(You'll have to start a new game.)

04/23/13 : Updated to v1.2

- New AI recruitment system : the survivors will no longer join the player as soon as they spawn. You'll have to get close to them and recruit them via the action menu
(You'll see a "recruit unit" option in the middle of your screen while facing one); meaning that they'll be a bit harder to find, not to mention that some of them look like bandits.

- Fixed Heli Crashes : They won't spawn next to the player anymore; their position will be a bit more random, but you'll be able to spot them from afar.

- Zeds now spawn in forests; some areas are more populated than others. (Big thanks to Mamu1234 from OpenDayZ for the tip.)

- Fixed bandits spawns : in some occasions, the player would trigger them multiple times while looting/exploring towns. I also added a few of them in the wilds up North.

- You won't find so many food/medical items on bandits anymore.

- Lowered the spawn chance for the new clothes packages (Looks like it needs more work though...).

03/24/13 : Improved Bandits spawns. They'll no longer spawn next to the player anymore.

Additional changelog / Features:

- Fixed AI system : Bandits will engage each other as well as survivors, Zeds & the player. Survivors'll engage bandits and zombies.
I've used Xyberviri's Factions Script as a base, so all credits go to him. All I did was to create specific class references for each model used, and adapt the script for Single Player.

- 25 new skins : a few of them are exclusive to bandits or survivors.
Most of them are available for the player as lootable packages - they'll spawn in various building depending on their type (civilian clothes in supermakets, milicia outfits in barns, etc...).
Bandits near the coast have different outfits from bandits up North.
Please note that some of those skins are from Arma 2 : backpacks won't show up on them.
A couple of notes regarding changing skin: 1) Due to the DayZ skin system, you'll lose command of your current squad, just recruit your survivors back via the new "recruit" option.
2) Putting on a new outfit will reactivate the bandits triggers, so make sure you're in a safe area before doing so.

- I've created a specific class for the old bandit skin : this way you won't spawn with a GPS and a radio anymore when using DayZ_SP's Cheat Menu.

- Modified the Cheat Menu to include some of the new skins, I've also replaced the Survivor skin by a special one. ;)

- Added a radio in military loot : you'll be able to keep contact and hear sit reps from your team mates if they're far away.

- You now have a very slight chance to find NV goggles in some of the military buildings.

- It still has the new food items from DayZ 1.7.6.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
INSTRUCTIONS :

First of all, don't forget to update your Arma 2 OA to the latest Beta patch!

1. Download DayZ 1.7.6.1 using DayZ Commander
(you can also stick to 1.7.6 if you want, it doesn't matter).
2. Download the DaiZy FACTIONS files.
3. Make a folder called "@DaiZyFACTIONS" in your Arma 2 OA directory; inside, create a folder called "Addons".
4. Add all the DayZ 1.7.6.1 files to the Addons folder inside "@DaiZyFACTIONS".
5. Copy & Paste all the files from the Addons folder of the package you just downloaded into the Addons folder inside @DaiZyFACTIONS (overwrite dayz files).
6. Add one of the mission files to your "mission" folder in your arma 2 OA directory.
7. Don't forget to create a new OA Beta Patch shortcut and add "-mod=@DaiZyFACTIONS" in the target line!
Write it like this to add the rMod : "-mod=@DaiZyFACTIONS;@rMod"

NOTE : If you have an error message about missing content, you might have to copy the Addons folder from Arma 2 into your Operation Arrowhead folder.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Recommended Mods :

- rMod : Some of the new skins come from Arma 2, therefore they're not compatible with backpacks - unless running the rMod.
- CoWar Mod :
The Lite Version is more than enough for DaiZy SP : You'll have a shitload of usefull features such as AI auto rearm, functionnal supressing fire, better driving skills and so on...
It's worth spending some time reading the documentation files if you want to customize DaiZy to your likes. A must have, especially for this release since it greatly enhances AI units skills.
NOTE : There's a glitch with the bayonnette knife mod : it spawns NVGs in the player's inventory.

- The J.S.R.S Sound Mod : replaces Arma 2 sounds; you can also configure it the way you want (just follow LordJarhead's instructions to remove sound files).
Please note that the following file conflicts with roadflares & other throwable objects sounds : "jsrs_grenade_c.pbo"
(Just remove it if you don't want to jump off the ground everytime you throw a chemlight!)

- LandTex (included in coWarmod) : greatly enhances landscapes textures.

Known issues :

- Bandit squads, AI cars & choppers can't engage each others (they are on the same side).

- Saving & resuming inside a vehicle will break the hunger & thirst features.

- I've removed pistols from AI units in order to prevent them being stuck when switching weapons (it's an old Arma 2 glitch wich occurs with spawned units).
However, if you're using the auto-rearm feature from CoWarmod, your units might pick up a secondary weapon when they have the chance.
If you notice that one of your units is unable to move, with a pistol drawn, just open your map, go to the 'units' menu and click on 'gear'.
Make him drop his rifle and he will move again.

- In some occasions, loot inside buildings might take a couple of minutes to spawn.

CREDITS : AboveDayZ, Fedus_87, Niceonegunit, DayZ_SP, Unknown, ZedHunter & Haleks.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

ataribaby
Just installing and i go to try. Thanks for release.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Haleks
You're welcome dude!
Don't hesitate to report any issue ;)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Kobr4
This is Fcking Awseome, Keep up this great work!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

RandomGuy
could you make a release with the time cycle?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

ataribaby
Just started, one odd thing happens when i tried to take car wheel or engine parts via context menu. It says some duping warning and that i will be reported to Admin. hope AI admin will be benevolent :) Seems like some anti dupe stuff from MP. SO far no other guys i met. Only zombies. And i am very happy time cycle is out.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

RandomGuy wrote
could you make a release with the time cycle?
Sure! Will upload it tonight.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

ataribaby
Maybe make time cycle toggleable in utilities menu? Dunno if its possible. Maybe it needs to be run on misson init.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

ataribaby
Baaah! I got guys! seems bandits. They spawned right in front of me and shot me to the death. Oh well. Maybe you can make new spawns make in some dsitane to player and out of front arc?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

ataribaby wrote
Just started, one odd thing happens when i tried to take car wheel or engine parts via context menu. It says some duping warning and that i will be reported to Admin. hope AI admin will be benevolent :) Seems like some anti dupe stuff from MP. SO far no other guys i met. Only zombies. And i am very happy time cycle is out.
Yeah, I forgot to remove that ;) Will take care of it.
Also, Survivors won't be easy to find - except in some remote locations : I've mostly used the original triggers from the former DaiZy 1.7.6 RSPB mission, plus a few places I added. I will work on this for the update.

Meanwhile, if you want to find some survivors, you can look into the factory north of Elektro, or in the industrial area in Cherno.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

ataribaby wrote
Baaah! I got guys! seems bandits. They spawned right in front of me and shot me to the death. Oh well. Maybe you can make new spawns make in some dsitane to player and out of front arc?
 If you're near the sea, there's a chance they do so :(
Above has already done a great work regarding this matter; I'll look at it but I dunno how much more I can do there.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

ataribaby
Got great firefight at Prigorodky. Dunno it looks like endless wave of bandits :) BTW i think clotches spawn so much. I got barn full of clothes. Virtualy any building i visited had at least one mil clotches. Also i cant access my backpack when i changes to insurgent skin (dont know for others). Its visualy on my model and missing in inventoy. What will be great if AI guys can visit loot random near loot locations and looks like they behave bit like players if not in danger before they despawn.

Yes it was at shore at Komarovo

Justs reloaded save. I had czech backpack and then after i used insurgence dress backpack was removed. It was different backpack that my model had as insurgence. Probably part of that model. So i think you cant do much about this. SOmething that is not related to your work is that athere is plenty of everything in vanilla dayz. DUnno if i asking much but how it will be hard to do DayZ Redux version? It has right apocalypse scavenger feel. Its hard to find gear and stuff.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

ataribaby wrote
Got great firefight at Prigorodky. Dunno it looks like endless wave of bandits :) BTW i think clotches spawn so much. I got barn full of clothes. Virtualy any building i visited had at least one mil clotches. Also i cant access my backpack when i changes to insurgent skin (dont know for others). Its visualy on my model and missing in inventoy. What will be great if AI guys can visit loot random near loot locations and looks like they behave bit like players if not in danger before they despawn.
Dully noted. Will decrease the spawn chance for clothing items.
About the Insurgent Skin, I don't remember having problems with it, but I'll look at it.
Meanwhile, I suggest using the rMod. It unlocks pretty much everything from Arma2, including backpacks for Arma 2 unit. Going to add it in recommended mods.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

ataribaby wrote
Justs reloaded save. I had czech backpack and then after i used insurgence dress backpack was removed. It was different backpack that my model had as insurgence. Probably part of that model. So i think you cant do much about this.
 Is it the first skin from the left in the second screenshot of the main post? In that case, there's nothing I can do; but it should still be considered as a Czech backpack in your inventory.

EDIT : Also, backpacks won't show up on Arma 2 models :(
But they should be functionnal.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

ataribaby
Yeah thats what i was affraid. I understand you cant do anything as models do not support that. Well backpack just disapear from your inventory when you use dress that do not support backpacks.

Just arrived into Elektro. What a epic firefights there! Holly cow! Thumbs up!

Damn, I thought I fixed that :/
Just use the rMod, it'll do the trick ;)

JDUnno if i asking much but how it will be hard to do DayZ Redux version? It has right apocalypse scavenger feel. Its hard to find gear and stuff.
I didn't know about DayZ Redux, but I was planning on a DaiZy 2017 Factions release (if Fedus is all right about it, will check with him), since I like this mod - reminds me of The Road movie (or the novel - it's a must have!).

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

ataribaby
Yeah sure its about personal preferences. Looking forward to 2017 then. Anything is better than vanilla DayZ that is like one big Tesco Supermaket with big sale. You can gear up in minutes. I didnt played vanilla from time Redux was creates ( in 2012) and i got used really scavenge there as all is pretty rare there and you need luck to gear up and find survival equipment before you starve or get killed. REdux is now open source.

http://forums.dayzredux.com/index.php?/topic/3188-dayz-redux-100/

git hub repository is in post. Maybe just change loot tables of vanilla? But i bet it needs a lot of experimenthing what needs a lot of time. Something that Redux already done in great way as i never played 2017 yet, Redux has best loot system i ever saw in dayz for now.
1234 ... 69