RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS 2.1 [07/11 FINAL RELEASE]

12345 ... 69

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Haleks
Will defo have a look at Redux, but I think you'll like 2017 ;)
I'll try to make the food less common for the update; you're absolutely right about the "easy survival" game that is DayZ vanilla.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

usmc3891
Is there any way to have any blufor you spawn in be able to attack zombies? I've tried everything I can think of and they refuse to do it.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Haleks
usmc3891 wrote
Is there any way to have any blufor you spawn in be able to attack zombies? I've tried everything I can think of and they refuse to do it.
You mean using Loki's lost key? The only reason it wouldn't work is because of the new AI system : you'd need to create a new class reference for each model you wanna use in game.
But I've played a few runs using Loki's and didn't have any problems though :/

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

usmc3891
I haven't had any problems with loki's either except for that. They'll kill each other with no problem. For some reason though, they wont fire on a zombie. I spawn in blufor with loki's because i haven't found any friendlies yet. Great release though :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Haleks
That's odd; let me know when you find survivors, if they do their job properly ;)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

usmc3891
Ive found 6 survivors and they do their jobs perfectly. The only thing they don't do is fire a howitzer lol. Everything else including MLRS works wonderfully

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Sneps
Hey how did You change color like on first and last screen of your first post ?

PS. sorry for my bad english

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

brado
Big Thanks Haleks...been waiting for this all weekend then sadly didnt have time lastnight.hehe..but ill be straight on it tonight......looks like this is a big hit reading here

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

DarkRaven
Nice work with this, having a ball, also like the random skins adds so much variety. No problems yet and AI on both sides are not so frustrating any more cheers.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

makaroonz
how do i fixed the saved game icons. i tried your step "
- Note that when resuming a save, you'll have two food & drink icons; just go to game options to fix this. " ?

but it didnt fix it.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoy it! ;)

Sneps wrote
Hey how did You change color like on first and last screen of your first post ?

PS. sorry for my bad english
I was toying around with Loki's : once you've called a nuclear strike (using the LK script), the sky and the fog would turn brownish for a few minutes. At one point, I was even thinking making it permanent, since it brings a nice post-apocalyptic touch - it also reminds me of the Fallout series.

makaroonz wrote
how do i fixed the saved game icons. i tried your step "
- Note that when resuming a save, you'll have two food & drink icons; just go to game options to fix this. " ?

but it didnt fix it.
Once I've loaded a save, I usually do this : pause the game; go into game options (it is the menu where you can change the UI, the amount of blood, amongst other things) - and then resume my game. It has always worked fine for me and other users. Maybe I was unclear in the main post; tell me if you still have some problems.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Ray
Could you upload an un-packed version of the mission and your DayZ_Code.pbo when you get time, for some reason I can't extract any .pbo file at all, I need to edit the loot table since i'm using all of the RH Weapon Packs which I'd like to include to the mission, great work on the mission though

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Haleks
That's weird; wich program did you use? I packed it with PBO Manager - wich works fine IME.
But sure, I'll upload an unpacked code if you need.
Dan

AWESOME Job man! Im loving this version... Any chance a version for Celle will be coming out in the future? Thanks for all your hard work!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Haleks
Dan wrote
AWESOME Job man! Im loving this version... Any chance a version for Celle will be coming out in the future? Thanks for all your hard work!
Thanks dude ^^
About Celle, sure! Why not?
But prior to anything, I'll focus on updating this mission - it needs a few more tweaks. Once I have a good "recipe", it'll be easier and faster to apply the changes to other maps ;)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

MasterNe0
how do i run rMod with this? I downloaded it and extract the files to my arma 2 folder with -mod=@rmod in my shortcut. Is this all I need to do?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Haleks
MasterNe0 wrote
how do i run rMod with this? I downloaded it and extract the files to my arma 2 folder with -mod=@rmod in my shortcut. Is this all I need to do?
Yep ;)

Edit : actually, it should look like this : -mod=@daizyfactions;@rmod

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

makaroonz
Haleks wrote
Once I've loaded a save, I usually do this : pause the game; go into game
options (it is the menu where you can change the UI, the amount of blood,
amongst other things) - and then resume my game. It has always worked fine
for me and other users. Maybe I was unclear in the main post; tell me if you
still have some problems.
still didnt fix the Icons instead the broken icon was added after adjusting "blood" amount.

PS: overall this version is one of my favorite and i'll stick to this mod, even though im getting the save game icon problem.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

DarkRaven
What happened to interaction with survivors ie hows the weather etc.

Is there a way to add random AI chatter/radio module, is that done through modifying the mission.sqf in editor or is there another way.

Also its funny when they use there combat knife on zombies not sure what addon think its cowarmod lite.

Now all we need now is a destination, or objective other than survival but its still awesome.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Haleks
I didn't change anything besides what is listed in the mainpost - so interactions with AI and weather system are the same as usual. By the way : I'm thinking about adding to some survivors the ability to heal other AI, since the player can't bloodbag them. Thing is they won't heal the player...
DarkRaven wrote
Is there a way to add random AI chatter/radio module, is that done through modifying the mission.sqf in editor or is there another way.
Not sure what you mean by random chatter;but if you find a radio in military aeras, you'll be able to hear coms just like in arma 2 - this feature is activated once you have a radio in your toolbelt.

DarkRaven wrote
Also its funny when they use there combat knife on zombies not sure what addon think its cowarmod lite.
CoWarmod it is; I was playing without the bayonette mod, but I think I'll install it back - I have to see this!^^
12345 ... 69