RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS 2.1 [07/11 FINAL RELEASE]

1234567 ... 69

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Haleks
Keeping AI alive is far from easy : they're in formation while bandits are alone and spread all around - so, even if bandits engage each other, they'll spot your squad easily... Plus, there's the DaiZy spawn system : enemies can spawn right in the middle of that goddamn field you were checking two minutes ago from afar :/
At one point I was thinking about making AI units spawn the way Zeds do : no more triggers, no more bandit-wizard popping up from thin air; you would also have to get near survivors to have them join you (meaning that you dunno if they're friendly unless getting close enough). But I dunno if it's doable at the moment, and this would require quite some time and looots of work...
Meanwhile... Eeeer... try to adapt! ^^ Spread them out, tell them to hide and so on. I usually put my units around towns & villages to cover me - wich works fine most of the time.

About dogs : I can't understand why they spawn in 2017 and not on Above's mission - they're using the same script :/
Will look at it though.

And, for the clothes : a few of them spawn in civilian buildings, others in military etc... So make sure to check as much as you can. But this feature need a few fixes : civilian clothes spawn way to often while military or special ones are pretty much hard to find (too much)...

EDIT : right now there's something like 14 or 15 skins available for the player - including vanilla ones.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Ray
Oh, alright. Also the idea of making AI spawn as zombies would be wicked. 1 more thing tho, any idea why the vehicle GUI isn't updating? If I use cheat to repair the car, it all goes green as normally. But if i repair it by attaching parts its still red although it is fully fixed

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Haleks
Ray wrote
Oh, alright. Also the idea of making AI spawn as zombies would be wicked. 1 more thing tho, any idea why the vehicle GUI isn't updating? If I use cheat to repair the car, it all goes green as normally. But if i repair it by attaching parts its still red although it is fully fixed
You have the same glitch in MP :(
Will try to make a script to refresh the vehicles GUI, but I can't promise anything...

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Chernarus 1.7.6.1 FACTIONS (Full AI)

Ray
Oh, never noticed that glitch before haha.
Nay

Possibly a bug

Nay
Whenever I use the regular DaiZy Chernarus, the combat roll works perfectly.
However, in this one, it doesn't seem to work at all. I tried respawning, using both cheated and looted primary weapons, eating to fix the food UI thing, and alot of other completely unrealted things to try to fix it, but combat roll still does not work.

Re: Possibly a bug

Damn... Totally forgot to add it...
Sorry folks, it'll be fixed asap.

EDIT : I'm downloading Arma III Alpha...
Will be quite "busy" for the next hours. Or days.

Re: Possibly a bug

Dalereo
Quick question How did you get the COWAR mod to work because my AI i spawn in still dont pick up weapons or anything

Re: Possibly a bug

Ray
AI should only re-arm when they are out of ammo and near an object/corpse where they could pick up an weapon. Not sure though but I doubt that AI picks any gun up after killing someone immeditaly.

Re: Possibly a bug

Dalereo wrote
Quick question How did you get the COWAR mod to work because my AI i spawn in still dont pick up weapons or anything
Look for the asr_ai_sys_airearming.pbo file and just put it either in your Cowarmod addons folder or in DaiZyFactions addons folder.
If in game you see one of your units executing a move order or an action you didn't actually ordered, that's the rearming script doin' its job.

Re: Possibly a bug

Ray wrote
Not sure though but I doubt that AI picks any gun up after killing someone immeditaly.
Sometimes they do :D
One of mines was looting a bandit a few seconds after I killed him ;)

Re: Possibly a bug

Dalereo
I had a question about the deserter skin i like it gives the game some story maybe EX US military gone rouge after the outbreak?? my question is anyway to put a patrol cap on that skin? bald head looks weird, Also maybes its cause im Using the Survivors when i Spawn them using loki but he dont pick up anything i dropped a box infront of him and nothing lol

Re: Possibly a bug

I'm not planning on retexturing/modifying in game models right now; you might wanna look for that skin instead:

Some miltary outfits have a chance to spawn at heli crashes or in military areas.

Another solution would be to look for the class name of a unit you like better, open the pbo mission file, and edit the packageMenu.sqf file inside the cheat folder.

As for the re-arm feature, if your units already have a gun fully loaded when spawned, ...well they don't need ammo do they? ^^
They'll pick up a gun if they run short on ammunitions - and if it's a better one, but I'm not sure about that one.

EDIT : Also guys, don't hesitate to look for retexture replacement packs on armaholic : lots of them retexture desert camo into woodland for most of the BlueFor units, and some are pretty nice ;)

Re: Possibly a bug

Dalereo
What i mean is when i use Loki's and spawn in survivors they spawn with no weapons and wont pick up any

Re: Possibly a bug

Dalereo
I think it could be that they spawn with no Weapon hence why they dont pick up any weapons

Re: Possibly a bug

Dalereo
And i still havent run into any survivors any idea on where or how the triggers work?

Re: Possibly a bug

Haleks
Dalereo wrote
And i still havent run into any survivors any idea on where or how the triggers work?
"[...] if you want to find some survivors, you can look into the factory north of Elektro, or in the industrial area in Cherno."

Re: Possibly a bug

Dalereo
Still Nothing with the ASR mod evern tried making a mod folder for it maybe something is interfering with it?? iv spawned guys with weapons dropped all there gear and still nothing i know its working though cause they move and stuff and will take cover i dunno seems weird honestly

Re: Possibly a bug

Haleks
The script might take some to initiate, but it's defo working on my install (eventhough they sometimes walk near a weapon without noticing it). Also keep in mind that this mod was designed for Arma 2 - wich isn't really a survival game...

Re: Possibly a bug

Dalereo
Well iv noticed they run towards a weapon and stop on it but dont pick it up even guys without weapons could it be because im dropping there equipment?? and have u tried it with spawnable units??

Re: Possibly a bug

Dalereo
And what does ur install look like is it its own mod folder or in the COWAR folder??
1234567 ... 69