RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v2.3 [07/10/2013 UPDATED]

12345678 ... 25

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.1 [05/31 UPDATED]

Haleks
mp5lng wrote
For now...i'm still hiding in woods hunting bandits out there and avoiding zeds, this mod gave me the utmost best survival feeling ever experienced,.

My point of view as always !
I was sooo very glad to read this!  ;)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

Nabu
Banned User
Hello Haleks,

i personally dont really need the purify thing, but if you manage to get it into the mod, i think it would be a verry nice feature.

just some small things i runned into while testing/playing around:

-Is it possible that the pain(health) system dont work as it should at the moment? i cured myself various times with cooked met, so i was several times injured, and also at the moment i am verry red. but i never shivered until now, so at the moment i dont need to take painkillers as it seems.

-Other thing is that i found (and decidet not to kill^^) a survivor. Works all fine, just can't directly access to his backpack. may there is a easy sollution to make that possible again. If not, inside of a car with the map-menu it works all fine.

-It seems to freeze the AI if it gets killed equiped with this TT-Pistol-Model, with other weapons i havn't seen it until now.

Found various vehicles. I checked more or less fast Elektro, Cherno and the SWAirfield, but just one motor-parts as a spawn. then 2 fuel-tanks in the inventory of bandits. this repair stuff seems to be really really rare. at the moment i think this is good^^.

So my actual balance-feeling is that it is the less difficult to get weapons (ofcourse most from AI)... i have various now and enough mags for them all stored in the 2 cars/ 1 bus/ 1 transport i found between Electro and Balota. May 1-2 Mags maximum (EDIT on bandits) would be enough though, but thats just me. Second easy/ less difficult is to get food/drink. And most difficult it seems for me to get carparts.

Looking at it i think it is verry good balanced at the moment. A bit less animals could be more chellenge and may one is forced to canibalism. that i think makes it just better. May i will cry out for more car-parts soon, but at the moment it is way to early to do so. I have a lot of fun until now!

Thanks ! It's your work what pushed me to say this !

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

mp5lng
Healing myself with food seem to be working fine for me, i just need to eat 3 cooked meat to notice the difference, and still didn't try the sleeping thing even i have a tent  XD I just forgot,. And bandits with low ammo....so sweet ! No more than 2/3 mags,.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

Nabu wrote
just some small things i runned into while testing/playing around:

-Is it possible that the pain(health) system dont work as it should at the moment? i cured myself various times with cooked met, so i was several times injured, and also at the moment i am verry red. but i never shivered until now, so at the moment i dont need to take painkillers as it seems.

[...]

May 1-2 Mags maximum (EDIT on bandits) would be enough though, but thats just me. Second easy/ less difficult is to get food/drink. And most difficult it seems for me to get carparts.
I don't think the health system is broken : in both SP & MP I rarely have to use painkillers (it's been months since I had to take one in MP). In the other hand I had Zeds breaking my legs several times - and I think I fell sick after being hit by one of them (or maybe it was on Chernarus Factions, can't remember). I dunno; if you compare it to MP, it seems to be pretty much the same (but I barely get hit by Zeds in MP!  XD )...

Also about the amount of mags on bandits : are you playing the v1.2 mission? They shouldn't have more than 3 mags max on them; most of the time I only find one since they empty them on zombies.

[...]

ok, thats good, if i get injured in MP i usualy have to take painkillers... dont know, maybee tweaked on the servers i played to get it a bit more difficult, don't rally metter i just found some of them and want use them^^ may i take some just for fun and mix it with beer.

Haleks wrote
Also about the amount of mags on bandits : are you playing the v1.2 mission? They shouldn't have more than 3 mags max on them; most of the time I only find one since they empty them on zombies.
yes i found max 3 mags. and i usually try to kill bandits with 2-5 shots +/- (and i dont really shoot that good, but they drop sometimes with one shot of a pistol). If the bandit has for example the enfield i get up to 30 bullets. The VSS Vintorez i took of a bandit came with 40 bullets. So i find a lot of ammo in the bandit bodys depending of the weapon they have. but i imagined that may it would be cause difficultys to give them even less because they may run out of ammo to soon.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

Haleks
Nabu wrote
yes i found max 3 mags. and i usually try to kill bandits with 2-5 shots +/- (and i dont really shoot that good, but they drop sometimes with one shot of a pistol). If the bandit has for example the enfield i get up to 30 bullets. The VSS Vintorez i took of a bandit came with 40 bullets. So i find a lot of ammo in the bandit bodys depending of the weapon they have. but i imagined that may it would be cause difficultys to give them even less because they may run out of ammo to soon.
I thought about it all night, it's gonna be tricky to balance. I'll change the mags for the VSS vintorez (10 bullets per clip instead of 20) and make some of the other weapons more rare for the bandits...

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/01 UPDATED]

Johnny
 Is it possible to install/play this without using the DayZ commander ? Cus mine wont work and i really wanna play lol :|

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/01 UPDATED]

Haleks
Johnny wrote
Is it possible to install/play this without using the DayZ commander ? Cus mine wont work and i really wanna play lol :|
You can download it here if DayZ commander doesn't work.

EDIT : it seems that their link doesn't work...

[...]

Thx a lot Haleks,

 i think you should try to go that low then even possible with clipsize and clipnumber on AI. May there is a way to change the inventory of AI in the second they get killed or something else. Because if on other hand i find single round mags in buildings it looks not balanced and the mod looses the awsome "2017 - there is not much loot left" feeling if there is a easy way to survive: go to hunt AI and get a lot of weapons/ammo and other loot like food and waterbottles - may later also bloodbags which after thinking about this mod is not the best idea in my eyes to put in.

As there is the gut human/zed option, and there are animals around i would not give bandits/survivors any food at all. Until now i stored all the foodcans i took of AI in cars because i even dont need them. May if you reduce animals in the next update its better. I personaly would prefer you reduce food on AI then animals. As the second thing forces the player to do some stuff besides killing AI which makes the modgameplay more variative.

I have a feeling to need to tell you something Important, as i thought also about this the last night. I dont want to be the "example-player". May others, including you, see this different and i respect this. i tell you my feelings about the mod because in other moments you thanked me for giving feedback.

2017, at least for me, is ideal to make a SP-hardcore mod. And i have the feeling that you was looking for something more difficult, without cheats and so on, so your joice take this mod was great. There are other mods i enjoy the feeling to be on a battlefield, and loot/dead bodys everywhere, cheating around to make awesome bases - sandbox style etc. So i personaly would like to see some really hard mods and other which may can be called "fun-mods".

I'm not sure if i can explane myself in this language, but hope you get my point and see that i dont want to make pressure, i just would like some differences between the mods, not onley in the features, but also in the playstyle of the mod himself. 2017 as i sayd is for me the best joice for a really difficult mod. I hope you get it balanced with Factions, but i think you will! May you can do less difficult versions of it if ppl say it is too hard for them to survive. May new players have problems to find the spawns of animals etc... dont know...

Greetings

There is a VSS   °_°   ?

Yup! ^^
It's a rare weapon though, and it will be even less common for v1.3 ;)

[...]

Whoa, thanks man for taking the time to express your opinion! I do need this kinda of observations from people who actually play the mod : I cannot check the overhaul balance by myself since 2017 is a long term game and I lack the time to really "play" it. Besides you and I share the same feeling about this mod - it is meant to be hardcore, and starving should be at the center of everything.
Your comment gave me a few ideas about the food on NPC's, I think you'll like what's in store for v1.3 (will most likely update today!)...
Also, about the ammo problem, I've come up with a quick solution, but it's not perfect : I might edit the ammo config files later for some guns.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

Nabu
Banned User
Its a plesure Haleks, as i see you dont missunderstand my intentions, and i recognise you think my suggetions make sense. That motivates me to get even deeper into this mod after the next update.

Greetings

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

mp5lng
@Nabu, you explained your opinion perfectly clear, and it's the best point of vieux so far, this mod is meant to be hardcore, and any one who complaine about the harsh life in 2017 need to rethink about his choice of mods, this mod is gonna be the best survival simulation for any king of games "my perspective of evaluating things",.

@Haleks, we know you're gonna do your best to make this mod the best, you always do  ;-) all you need is feedbacks like Nabu's and you'll do the thing you're good at  :-)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/02 UPDATED]

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/02 UPDATED]

mp5lng
Haleks wrote
  can't download  !

"The download has not been set for this file. Only the user who uploaded can enable the download option."

Woops! Should be fixed now!

downloading...what's wrong with mediafire ?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/02 UPDATED]

Haleks
mp5lng wrote

downloading...what's wrong with mediafire ?
I don't know, I couldn't have this thing to work today... Spent the afternoon trying to figure out why (I just hate when something' s broken with no reason)...
Rapidshare seems to be working and is faster; so the hell with MediaFire! ^^
12345678 ... 25