RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v2.3 [07/10/2013 UPDATED]

1 ... 45678910 ... 25

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/02 UPDATED]

Nabu
Banned User
mp5lng wrote
Nabu wrote
yes its a nice one, but i actually switched her for the CZ 550 i just found in another bandit because i like this rifle more.
Now you're gonna have a hard time with that rifle, one shot and all the zeds will be on you  :-p
I played a couple of time MP and SP now, i know it's a loud rifle but i love the look and its a verry powerfull one. Ofcourse it's not the best, but i prefer scoped weapons.

Nabu wrote
i'm happy to have found a king hobo pack,
mp5lng wrote
Don't know but don't you think the backbacks need to be tweaked a little to have few more slots ? Especially the "tweackers backpack"
Maybee in other Mods i am with your opinion, in this one i dont think so. Its actually quiet fast that you get a bigger one, just need to kill some bandits.

Nabu wrote
fellt 5 times nocked out until i reached my first V3S where i had stored one more cooked meet. now i'm no more blinking but still dark red. hope to find food soon.
mp5lng wrote
That's why the bloodbag need to get back ;-)
Oh, funny, i think this is the reason to not put in bloodbags... i wan't this mod a hardcore one... hardcore means suffer or die. at least for me.

Nabu wrote
one cow and one goat just disappeard 5m in front of me before i could kill them :/
Same thing here :-/ but they were a cheep and a goat,.
Nice run dude !

Thx dude, that is just having a nice time in 2017^^

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/02 UPDATED]

mp5lng
okay man ! fair enough ! evey one got his planes for surviving

Nice hunting !

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/02 UPDATED]

Nabu
Banned User
totaly! thats why i think may it could be bloodbags in there but at least they should be rare as hell.

Greetings

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/02 UPDATED]

mp5lng
Nabu wrote
totaly! thats why i think may it could be bloodbags in there but at least they should be rare as hell.

Greetings
actually i added the bloodbags back with a real low chance to find one only in hospitals, i'll go and see what"s going on there,.

i'll report soon,.

and for the next update i just found an old release with a nice feature on it, it's  supply crates , Haleks said he'll add a bandits base with lots of stuf, so adding some supply crates to that base might be usefull :-)

Peace,.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/02 UPDATED]

Nabu
Banned User
mp5lng wrote
Nabu wrote
totaly! thats why i think may it could be bloodbags in there but at least they should be rare as hell.

Greetings
actually i added the bloodbags back with a real low chance to find one only in hospitals, i'll go and see what"s going on there,.

i'll report soon,.

and for the next update i just found an old release with a nice feature on it, it's  supply crates , Haleks said he'll add a bandits base with lots of stuf, so adding some supply crates to that base might be usefull :-)

Peace,.
yea man! that sounds superb!

just last words on bloodbags. i see them (in normal DayzSP) as "superpowerfull-cooked-meat" + way easier to get.
To have one in the backback and may use it in extreme situations is ofcourse verry nice. i just am used from other mods to do it like: 1.spawn 2. rush town with hospital 3. have 5+bloodbags and enough bandages to fight against an army with my hatchet. XD

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/02 UPDATED]

Haleks
Just a quick word about the bloodbags : if I add them to this mission, they won't spawn in hospitals.
They will be held by bandits at a fortified base - and those will be the only ones you will find ever.
So you'd better hold onto them for as long as you can.

wow! really great solution!

So you'd better hold onto them for as long as you can.
Deal !

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/02 UPDATED]

mp5lng
another good reason to survive another day  ;-)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/02 UPDATED]

mp5lng
Tents are looking so beautiful !

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v1.3 [06/02 UPDATED]

Castortroy
Just a big compliment Haleks. And thanks so much!

I am a big fan of dayz 2017. But most server are always empty. Plus there is the opportunity to build stuff.

Also the npc's are pretty nice. On servers i mostly run SARGE AI to have npc's, also for dayz 2017, because it is easy to config. But i don't know if that would work on a single player version. Maybe I can test that the next days.

What I also like is that you did not make too much concessions to make game play easier. DayZ 2017 is meant to be hard, and that's just what your version is.

Best version ever :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v1.3 [06/02 UPDATED]

Haleks
Castortroy wrote
Just a big compliment Haleks. And thanks so much!

I am a big fan of dayz 2017. But most server are always empty. Plus there is the opportunity to build stuff.

Also the npc's are pretty nice. On servers i mostly run SARGE AI to have npc's, also for dayz 2017, because it is easy to config. But i don't know if that would work on a single player version. Maybe I can test that the next days.

What I also like is that you did not make any concessions to make game play easier. DayZ 2017 is meant to be hard, and that's just what your version is.

Best version ever :)
Thanks man!
I've heard of Sarge's AI but never tried it (yet). I will have a look at it and check what it is about.
And about the harsh life in 2017 : I'm working on reducing even more the animal population. Right now the cannibalism thing is rather cosmetic in my opinion ;)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v1.3 [06/02 UPDATED]

Castortroy
Yeah I once had a server running with goats, cows and sheep removed. You could only hunt for Only boars, rabbits and chickens. Made it a lot harder. ;)

Sarge AI is very easy to setup for a server. you can configure per grid how many bandit, survivor or army groups should spawn, how many per group, and with what kind of gear, etc. Also you can set many strength parameters.  Sarge AI is using UPSmon for many functionality. It's even fun to see them do stuff. They search inside buildings, use several tactics, like flanking, using smoke granates, etc. Downside of UPSmon is that AI uses suppressive fire, instead of actively searching for cover, which makes them sometimes vulnerable.

Also AI can steal your car, do helicopter patrols ( this one not really suited for dayz 2017), etc

The advantage of Sarge AI is that you can tweak it with editing only 2 config files. ("SAR_config.sqf" and "SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf", in the case of chernarus map)

Sarge AI can be found here: https://github.com/Swiss-Sarge/SAR_AI-1.5.0  (download the zip file)
And the forum about it is here: http://opendayz.net/#sarge-ai.131

I've never tried Sarge AI in a single player environment though, so I don't know what the impact on performance would be. I also don't know if it is even possible. I should give that a try the next days. Right now it's a bit too late for me to try since i have work in the morning. :/

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v1.3 [06/02 UPDATED]

Haleks
Woo! Thanks for the heads up!
I will definitely check this out; a DaiZy mission running this would be siiick!
Stumbling upon other survivors & bandits exploring buildings just like you - Jesus! how sweet would that be!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v1.3 [06/02 UPDATED]

What did you do to fix the food icon on spawn? =)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v1.3 [06/02 UPDATED]

Haleks
Above wrote
What did you do to fix the food icon on spawn? =)
A nasty work around : add this line : "dayz_hunger = 0;" in the player loadout sequence. Use a sleep line (15 or 20 frames) before to make sure it occurs once the loading screen is done fading. There should be a proprer way to do this but this one works fine, so... ^^

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v1.3 [06/02 UPDATED]

Haleks wrote
Above wrote
What did you do to fix the food icon on spawn? =)
A nasty work around : add this line : "dayz_hunger = 0;" in the player loadout sequence. Use a sleep line (15 or 20 frames) before to make sure it occurs once the loading screen is done fading. There should be a proprer way to do this but this one works fine, so... ^^
"What", well you understood what I meant. :)

And nice. We could just replace the DayZ screen too, I think.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v1.3 [06/02 UPDATED]

Haleks
Above wrote
And nice. We could just replace the DayZ screen too, I think.
Doh! How come I never thought about that?...

On topic : I've noticed, while working on Chernarus Factions, that the base building script was broken. There's a good chance that it is broken as well on Factions 2017... I'm already working on an update.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v1.3 [06/02 UPDATED]

Nabu
Banned User
cool.

to be honest, i will wait for the next update, animals keep despawning just in front of me... that killed my last will to survive and i decided to suicide me just on the place where the fourth animal in a row just disappeard while gutting it ;)

Base building not working? how could i not recognize it^^ surviving just did not gave me the time to think about building a base. i imagine after having myself established a bit i will, but that will need at least a functional car, some tents spraded over the map, and a decent bunker of cooked meat heheh

great moment. as you just updated the standard factions, so if you ask me, take your time with this one.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v1.3 [06/02 UPDATED]

Haleks
Nabu wrote
to be honest, i will wait for the next update, animals keep despawning just in front of me... that killed my last will to survive and i decided to suicide me just on the place where the fourth animal in a row just disappeard while gutting it ;)
That should be definitely fixed for v1.4 : I will be using the animal codes from dayz 1.7.6.1 (it has a couple of code lines that check the presence of the player before despawning animals).
And I'm going to experiment a couple of things before updating - so yeah, it will be a few days before the update is ready.
1 ... 45678910 ... 25