RELEASE: DaiZy 2017 FACTIONS v2.3 [07/10/2013 UPDATED]

12345 ... 25

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

Haleks
mp5lng wrote
So how are things going on the bloodbag thing ? We really need it ! I'd like to help but i have no idea :-p
I haven't start working on the bandit base : some things need to be tweaked a bit before that...
For instance, I noticed that a lot of AI would run low on ammo rather quickly (due to the new 2017 weapons, most of them use single rounds rather than big magazines).
I'm trying to find a decent solution, as well as balance other things ;)

I'm trying to find a decent solution, as well as balance other things ;)
Okay fair enough ! Funny thing is i still didn't had a change to try it out !  :-p

I think I found a nice work around : I've managed to make it so the AI never run out of ammo, and at the same time I made sure that the player can't find more than a couple of magazines on NPC bodies!
Going to test all this; if it works well enough, I will apply a fix on both Chernarus Factions and Factions 2017 ;)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

Updated!
You can now enjoy long fire fights!
And no more bodies full of ammos ;)

EDIT : Looks like something's broken... The game seems to freeze whenever a unit spawn.
I'm looking into right now.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

mp5lng
started trolling around and i see the Tokarev pistol a little weird in model, but one shot toke down a bandit, so this gun is waaaaay better than the Makarov ! and zombie survivors.....HOLLY CRAPPY ZOMBIE ! i like this mod ! can't wait to see it grow just like the original factions release !

and another thing about 2017 cars....they seem to be mostly working even without repairing them ! i found one and i started driving it right away, and found a TOTALLY broken off road truck !

keep up the AWESOMENESS !

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

mp5lng
Haleks wrote
EDIT : Looks like something's broken... The game seems to freeze whenever a unit spawn.
I'm looking into right now.
Yup ! The freeze is really painfull ! :-/ hope you fix it soon,.
The low ammo is really a nice move you did there !  :-)  i killed a bandit and he had an Enfield with 2 mags only ! Maybe less....1 mag with 10 bullets and another 1 with 2 only  :-p

About the blood bag....i added it to the hospital's loot and i found it there, stupid me didn't includ the "bloodbag yourself" properly so i couldn't use it XD  Gonna try again soon,.

And about zeds....3 shots and the "epic beard man" passed out :-p

Waiting to see more updates !

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

I've uploaded a new mission file : the game freezing when AI were spawning is fixed.
Overwrite the previous mission file and restart ;)

I must say I'm quite happy with what I came up with regarding the ammos on NPC.
They don't spawn with a shitload of mags anymore, and they don't have infinite ammo neither.
Well not really; I've set up a script wich "refill" their gun every 15 seconds : so instead of having NPC hammering you without needing to ever reload, we have units spawning with a few clips and able to empty their mags - but they will never run out of ammo.

Enjoy fellas!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

mp5lng wrote
The low ammo is really a nice move you did there !  :-)  i killed a bandit and he had an Enfield with 2 mags only ! Maybe less....1 mag with 10 bullets and another 1 with 2 only  :-p
When playing Chernarus Factions the other day, I stumbled upon a bandit with a m249. He had like 6 or 7 mags on him... I will definitely apply this to the original Factions!

mp5lng wrote
I just realized I forgot to edit the vehicle damage scripts... Silly me.
It'll be fixed for the next update ;)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

mp5lng
Haleks wrote
I've uploaded a new mission file : the game freezing when AI were spawning is fixed.
Overwrite the previous mission file and restart ;)

I must say I'm quite happy with what I came up with regarding the ammos on NPC.
They don't spawn with a shitload of mags anymore, and they don't have infinite ammo neither.
Well not really; I've set up a script wich "refill" their gun every 15 seconds : so instead of having NPC hammering you without needing to ever reload, we have units spawning with a few clips and able to empty their mags - but they will never run out of ammo.

Enjoy fellas!
That's a real smart script you did ! So the plane is either fight for few mags or run away !
Nice work dude !

Oh ! Is the script applied to daizyFactions too ? Please say yes !

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

mp5lng
Haleks wrote
When playing Chernarus Factions the other day, I stumbled upon a bandit with a m249. He had like 6 or 7 mags on him... I will definitely apply this to the original Factions!
Sure thing ! Few mags are better than shitload of 'em !  :-)

Haleks wrote
I experienced the same thing with Above's Daizy2017, but now with someone ready to update...it's gonna "ROCK & ROLL"  !

I will apply all fixes to both Factions releases whenever it's possible.

Oh ! Is the script applied to daizyFactions too ? Please say yes !
I will apply all fixes to both Factions releases whenever it's possible.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.1 [05/31 UPDATED]

Nabu
Banned User
this is a really nice mod! as i sayd i didnt know it and i play just 2 hours now. cool skins they have. i have just one problem, i hunted some animals and i am sitting over a fire now, and cant cook the meat. also the water i just took out of a lake i cant cook with one of the "rare" empty food cans ^^

I have no such option in the mouse menu. Onley "Gear" and "Put out Fire".

can you help me pls?

//Edit: Ah, and serious congrats for the advance about the ammo amount of AI, that is a big step in my fiew.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 [05/31 UPDATED]

MasterNe0
How did you fix the freezing of AI? I am trying to see if I can fix the breakingpoint version I have modified because it causing a major headache running around and then it freezing.

DUDE ! YOU FOUND FOOOD ! can i have some ?
Do you you mean you have raw meat on your inventory (not your backpack) and you are right next to a fire place made by wood and rocks (oil barrels can do the same trick) but you still can't cook ? If yes...than i'm screwed (i've got NOTHING),.

Just don't say you're trying to fill up an "empty food can" with water !  -_-

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.1 [05/31 UPDATED]

Nabu
Banned User
no i didn't :P

i sayd i try to cook water inside of an empty food can. to desinfect it of course - the water - not the can. ;)

[...]

i killed a chicken, a cow and a sheep before, im full of raw meet. :-) and yes, my problem is i cant cook it.

//Edit. I am trying with a fire i made as i wrote above, i am sitting on it and the menu-option to cook raw meet or desinfect water dont show up. I have in the inventory raw meet, water bottle with water out of a lake and empty food can. so both should work. if there is no trick, or some new stuff i dont know.

//Edit. I am trying with a fire i made as i wrote above, i am sitting on it and the menu-option to cook raw meet or desinfect water dont show up. I have in the inventory raw meet, water bottle with water out of a lake and empty food can. so both should work. if there is no trick, or some new stuff i dont know.
In that case....it's either tricky or not working, still didn't have a chance to try it out !

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS 2017 v1.2 [06/01 UPDATED]

Yeah it was broken... :/
Already fixed and I've just updated though!
Sorry the inconvenience ^^'

12345 ... 25