Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

1234 ... 7

Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
Land of the dead 7GB d-load.

 I thought this one deserved a direct spotlight ...

 Of course, it's mostly Russian, but  by far yet, the best SP DayZ "adventure" I've played yet.  I'm very excited to explore more of the features ( so many in this!!! )!

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I posted some of my finds on the other discussion topic.  ;)

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

this mod build system like origins sp?

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

Eric the Viking
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
A nasty sucker tho. Go directly to Klaycus site, not to mega upload.
Yeh... following my own advice I attempted to download the entire package from Mega - I've downloaded bigger things and never had a problem but now there's a paywall.

I downloaded the individual items too (Napf) but use JDownloader, it makes it so easy...

This was overnight at full speed (2.0 MB/s) and no problems.

When you get an axe/hatchet and get wood, if you click the hatchet it will give you build options, to make wood chips for fires.
  I think he meant kindling.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I will probably not get Last Days ...  LoD is gonna be it for me.

 I'm feel the AI is a tad too much. They are too skilled.  Most are anyways.
You got lucky they were shooting and moving away from you, the shots giving them away ... when I play, I normally don't see them , and get shot blind or from behind ( or they shoot me while i'm at a building entrance stepping out.  They never seem to give away thier position ... only rarely have I seen them running in the distance.   I think AI normally spawn too close too in most of these mods.  I've had them litterally spawn in my face and shoot me before fully loaded in many times.
Maybe I think like AI and just happen to go to spots they spawn at, I don't know ... it does get aggravating to get killed because of spawn-in locations , and not because you were out-maneuvered.

 I do like Chernarus a bit better than Taviana , I only like Tavi because of the extra buildings ... I'm certain though, it's just because it adds "Zero-Buildings" addon in it's .pbos ... Otherwise, I think Tavi is a horribly designed map.  That bridge between the islands, is too long ...

 at one time, I took the Day of Survival mod from here, I added all the addons for buildings from Epoch ( MGB buildings, MGB Killhouses, and Zero Buildings ) and it opened up way more enter-able buildings on Chernarus.  I'm sure , such could be added to LoD Chernarus too ...
I forgot how i did it ... specifically ... I think I had to repack all .pbos with the new added ones, and open the mission in the editor , load it , and repack it into a .pbo mission as well ...
  It's been too long though for me to remember how I did it.
  I do remember loot did not spawn in the enter-able buildings ( as DoS would lack building position codes to do so. ) , but it was nice having more interiors to get into.

 As far as LoD ... I like it the best so far, in part because it seems to make you work harder to do even the simplest of things , some of it is also a tad over-complicated I think.
 since I can't get my toolbox to load up tools yet ... I can't start working on the Jeep I found.  I also think engine, fueltank, and tires take up too much inventory room ... but with-out the toolbox , you can't even repair tires found.  Even though I have a crowbar, handpump, all the tools ... I'm missing a sledgehammer handle ... I have the head to make one, just can't find a handle. ( why I couldn't just craft one out of wood ... who knows??? )
 So that's a bit aggravating ... I hadn't found a grind stone either ... I don't really know where to look for one of those.  Every hunting tower I've seen and checked has been empty or just trash in it.

 There are some things I do like though ... like the Silver cases, you open them and they give you more stuff, mine had a USB in it, I hadn't used it yet.  It also had a bloodbag, and 5 mp5sd mags in it ...
 I didn't need the magazines ... but it was a nice feature.
   It's interesting enough to keep playing, my goal is to at least be able to start a base or hide-out of some sort, and fix that awesome looking jeep ... , which will probably take me a while ... and mean I need to look in places I normally avoid I bet.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

000000
in addons folder have origins_pack and epoch pbo.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I figured out the drinks ... try the soda+vodka ... hahahaha!  ( yes there's vodka in the shops in boxes) ...

 yeah, i think all I need is the sledgehammer for the toolbox.

-------------------------------------

00000-  I believe the crafting/construction is a mix of "custom" , Origins, Epoch, and vanilla dayz ...
  I have not been able to craft anything yet myself, to know for certain though.

 I need a sledgehammer handle , or a sledgehammer that's not broken to be able to say more ... with-out my "toolbox" working atm ( I am missing one tool ) , I can't construct anything ...
well maybe make a tent , if I can find a grind stone or a sharp knife.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
 There are few things I don't understand that are in LoD mod for now ...

 The PDA does not seem to do anything ... I'm not sure why we spawn with one.  maybe it's used later???
I've not found out what it does in any case.

 I have also seen camcorders ... I didn't pick any up myself , but I did grab a "notebook" ( personal computer) , but it says I need a radio and be near a radio tower to work it. I hadn't found a radio yet.
 I'm not sure how many of these new objects are just ARP items ( with no function) , or what items can be combined with others to do something neat ...
  I can't seem to find any help documentation on the sub-systems/crafting for LoD.
The creator, just seemed to leave it for others to "figure out" ... which is cool in a way, and aggravating in other ways.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Dayz ( Daizy sp) , Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
ok, all night of searching ...

I finally got the "toolbox" packed and can use it now.
Word of advice on that ... there are TWO different sledgehammers ( i found out the hard way.) Sledgehammer number one is whole, it goes in the toolbox.
 Sledgehammer number two, you must find a head and a sledgehammer handle and after you pack the toolbox, you can craft the sledgehammer.

 Last thing I found was a grindstone ... I searched 5 towns every building, every place plus Polana factory ... last place I checked ( factory north of Solincity near the coast) I finally found one.

 In order to cut wood from trees, you need a hatchet.  In order to do much of anything with the wood, you need a sharp knife. ( to make wood-chips , to make lumber/plywood at least.)
 I hadn't tried crafting anything yet, I just now found the items I needed, and was out of play time tonight. GRRR!

 With a sharp knife or Hunting knife, you can craft things with canvas and tear clothes for rags/canvas , and of course do some wood work, and cut/gut animals for food.
 I think canvas can be crafted to make a tent.

You need a pick axe to mine rocks ... any place that has rocks on the ground, you can mine a bit from.  Then you need the sledgehammer to use those rocks to craft walls and gates/foundations. ( Thats all I've discovered so far on it )

A shovel+ sandbags can craft a "stash" ... not the etool, but shovel.
Etool is used for the base construction in epoch , like to make H barries and sandbag walls.

 I think ... you can get lumber from pallets found ... kinda neat.
two lumbers you can make 1 plywood from.
With 2 lumbers and one plywood ( once you have all the tools lol ) ... I think you can make a workbench.

I hadn't tried it yet , but if I remember correctly from epoch, you need a workbench near where you are gonna craft a base or base parts, to make most the big things ... like walls, floors , doorways, ... but also things to store items in as well ... like crates and gun-racks ...

 As of right now ... I'm a bit "torn" on what to do first ... Now I can craft somethings ... I really want to set up a camp (if I got the stuff to make a tent at least) , as my inventory is quite full, I need some temporary storage at least ... I also want to see what it's going to take to start building a base ...
But , ... I'm not really in the area I'd like to build in , lol.

However ... the Jeep I found is near the area I'm in ... and I can't decide if thats more important to get fixed up or not yet ...
I did find some other vehicles around: a Box truck, a Ural, a armed SUV , and a cargo van ... they all need major work though ...
a tire takes up six inventory slots , and most are flat or damaged ... So, it's gonna be a process just to get tires it seems.
 I'm not sure exactly all of what fixing up a vehicle takes ... besides the toolbox, because I found an engine repair manual , I found spark plugs, car batteries , a wheel jack , a funnel, ... so we'll see on that I guess.

 But ... even though a vehicle would make things nice ( and give some extra storage ) ... I might go find my spot to build, and start that if I can ... then return for the jeep later ... or another vehicle ...
  At least a "starter camp" to work from if i can do that much.

 But it's kind of a catch-22 ... hahaha, the vehicle would make it faster/easier to get some parts for building, defiantly less weight carried long ways.
 I noticed if you carry a lot of stuff, your water use goes down fast!
I've picked up some building supplies on my way around ... cause i didn't know how easy/common they were to get ... so i got some stuff in my bag already.
  But , I need to build some stuff, so i can store some things and be able to carry vehicle parts ... so, I dunno if I'll get the jeep running first , or look for a place to put my base/camp at ...

I'll probably get started on the base first ... I'm just very uncertain as to where ... I'm not far from berizino atm ... thats pretty far up north, but a way away from about anything too ...
  I don't know, if the mission/mod is set that once you start building in an area ... thats where it's going to be ...
 in Epoch, you had plot poles you had to buy , in order to make bases. Since this is single player ... I don't know if you need a plot pole or not ... I don't know what it takes to make one if so.
 I also found House Building documents ... So that might be the "plot pole" , or it might be used for the origins building stuff ... I don't know.

 I'll find out though I guess.

If I screw up, I suppose I could revert a save ... or just start over from scratch if needs be ... but , wow 3 days of searching just to get the bare necessities ... lol , I'd rather not have to go through all that again hahaha!