DayZ-2017 SP V1.1 WITH BASE BUILDING AND WORKING DOGS [gut human/infected now working]

123456 ... 12

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

Dope, will have to try those guns! :D

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

xeno
Hello fedus 87, nice work . But the Appocalypse Weapons don´t work. Maybe you forgot the file ice_apo_weapons.pbo.shinkicker in the download.

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

xeno wrote
Hello fedus 87, nice work . But the Appocalypse Weapons don´t work. Maybe you forgot the file ice_apo_weapons.pbo.shinkicker in the download.

Appocalypse Weapons

add this dayz_code.pbo and ice_apo_weapons.pbo to the addons folder inside @Dayz2017SP

http://199.91.152.85/5d4xc62a5h9g/krtnujlj24kilqz/dayz_code.pbo

http://205.196.123.189/95o7cyjzaxdg/mdnshxc8j1bi63u/ice_apo_weapons.pbo

I think he updated it after you posted. ^_^

I think he updated it after you posted. ^_^
Sorry, it dosen´t work for me. Maybe is a problem with my Arma 2 installation.

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

fedus_87
i reposted the links when i had uploaded them this morning my connection was bad so the link was corrupt it looks like. i reuploaded and liked should be good to go now sorry for the bad files hope this gets you going. and you should also redownload the dayz code i updated it aswell. the drop chance for the M4s was way too high it has now been fixed aswell.

if this doesnt fix it. can you post your install process and how you launch the game it would help me out with helping you if you could.

thanks

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

xeno
Every time that i see a rusty M4&M16 a error message apears: No entry "Bin\Config\GfgMagacizines.ice_apo_weapons_M16".

I see the weapon, but I can´t use it.

Don´t worry, it must be a installation problem in my Arma 2.

Thank you very much.

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

fedus_87
i get that same error but im still able to use the weapons. these are actually common errors in arma 2 for dayz anyways iv noticed so if you are finding the weapons they should be usable

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

DayZ_SP
No entry "Bin\Config\GfgMagacizines.ice_apo_weapons_M16".
This looks like a simple spelling error on Ice/Shinkicker's part that can easily be fixed.

Extract the weapons.pbo from the mod, find the config.cpp, or configVehicles.cpp and change it so it reads this...

CfgMagazines.ice_apo_weapons_M16

It might also be in the loot tables, or one of Fedus_87's weapon selection scripts for the Bandits, or Survivors, too. Anything that references the M16, there is a spelling error in there, guaranteed...

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

fedus_87
Administrator
lol i just noticed it says Magacizines thats not my error i copy all class names straight to the loot table in config.cpp but ill see if i can fix it but the weapons work fine for me even with the error

and thanks dayz sp for pointing this out i have overlooked it 10 times already lol

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

xeno
Ops! Sorry , I wrote "Magacizines" from error message and  is "Magazines" anyway.

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

DayZ_SP
xeno wrote
Ops! Sorry , I wrote "Magacizines" from error message and  is "Magazines" anyway.
Either way, this error means the ice_apo_weapons_M16 is not defined properly.

This (in bold) is what is wrong and needs to be fixed. Somewhere...

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

fedus_87
Administrator
yea i was getting these before i even added them in the loot table. when i would spawn them in with lokis lost key i would get this error even and all weapons were still usable. so im positive this is not an error coming from what i have done here it is an error in the original files and i cant seem to find it.

and seriously i have seen this same sort of error on many different servers for many different items and it never seems to actually affect any gameplay from what i can tell.

but i will still be doing my best to fix this and any other issues anyone comes across. feedback always welcome here. good or bad

and btw dayz_sp have you had a chance to try this mod with the extra weapons yet? if not then if you happen to have any free time could you see if the weapons work for you i would really appreciate it so much. i just dont want to leave something posted that isnt working for everyone.

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

xeno
I downloaded the original file ice_apo_weapons from ArmaHolic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11840 but the problem continues. I use the cheat options for spawn the m16 & m4, but when I take them they don´t show in the inventory and I can´t use them.

But I´m playing 2017 anyway, I love sigma cars and the sparse loot is perfect for single play

Sorry my horrible English.

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

fedus_87
Administrator
man im sorry you are'nt able to experience 2017 with these weapons but im glad your enjoying the rest of the release.

i really have no clue as to why you cannot use the rusty weapons. and im sorry for not being able to help you i really wish i could.

you'r english is fine i have no trouble understanding you. compared to some your english is perfect. lol

and as a suggestion try loki's lost key addon its basicly a super cheat/script menu. you can spawn any weapon\item from arma 2 and any addons you may have running. try to spawn the weapons in for you that way see if you can use them then.

lokis lost key
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6010&highlight=LOST%2BKEY

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

DayZ_SP
fedus_87 wrote
yea i was getting these before i even added them in the loot table. when i would spawn them in with lokis lost key i would get this error even and all weapons were still usable. so im positive this is not an error coming from what i have done here it is an error in the original files and i cant seem to find it.

and seriously i have seen this same sort of error on many different servers for many different items and it never seems to actually affect any gameplay from what i can tell.
It has to be in one of the config.cpp (config.bin) files in the original ice_weapons.pbo, or any of the 2017 pbos.

These errors don't come out of nowhere, so you may have to decompile ALL of the 2017 pbos until you find it. Besides, doing this lets you understand how DayZ and ArmA 2 works, so it might be worth it in the long-run just to learn more about the game in general.

For example, the Survivor model skins are defined in the dayz_weapons.pbo and not the dayz_code.pbo. It's knowing little things like this and how the game works that makes troubleshooting a lot easier when you get errors that point to something specific like a weapon class, item, or object not being correctly defined.

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

fedus_87
Administrator
thanks for the tips and i realize the errors don't come out of no where but they also do not seem to break the game either.

i have been looking into all files for a while now. i have basic knowledge of the code structure and how it works and where most of the specifics are located within the dayz/arma 2 files. but when i go through the 2017 files and appocalypse addon files i dont find any errors in the code that i can see. that involve that particular line of code.

i just really dont think this is the problem because i see the same error and am still able to use them so if anyone else can confirm these files to work or not for them aswell. it would really be a big help.

and DayZ_ SP i realize you are probably to busy to be bothered to play and test my crap. lol
thanks for the help though man i always appreciate any help i can get.

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

DayZ_SP
OK.

I played around with this release and it looks like the config error reported above only happens when you try and spawn the weapon using Kron's in-game GUI?

If so, this is normal since his GUI links to the normal DayZ loot tables; This is where his array calls all the items, weapons and objects from. So, nothing is technically wrong with this error... However, you can't spawn or use the weapon, obviously, with the GUI.

However, this is one reason this GUI is outdated and why we should move to text based menus like AboveDayZ did in his releases. It takes A LOT more time and effort since you are literally coding in call functions for each and every single item, weapon, magazine, vehicle, etc. by hand, but it also means 100% control of what is called when you activate something.

If the Apocalypse weapons spawn in game, everything should be fine because you aren't trying to use a third-party interface to force the weapon to be created like you do with KRON's Cheat GUI.

On that same note, I have rewritten the ENTIRE cheat menu system to be text based (radio menu) and I will release this for Fedus_87, and anybody else who wants to include it because I think Kron's GUI... While very nice... Is now outdated since there are so many versions of DayZ now that aren't compatible with it since it only references normal DayZ internals to call and spawn various items, weapons and objects.

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

xeno
This post was updated on .
DayZ_SP wrote
[...]

Oh! Thank you for your work DayZ_SP. I will try to find a m16 or m4 in military places. I´m sure at this time the m16&m4 will work fine.

EDIT:

I found a m4 in the barracks of NW airport but the problem continues. I used "Loki lost key" and I can spawn every weapon in DayZ but the problem continues. I can see the weapon on the floor, but when I pick up the weapon it doesn´t show in my inventory.

Don´t you worry anymore, I´m sure that the problem is in my Arma 2 OA installation, this has no solution. I´m quite happy using only the Winchester and the Lee Enfield.

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

fedus_87
oh your to awesome DayZ_SP. i cant tell you how much i appreciate you trying this and helping out man. thanks for taking the time to redo the cheat menu you really are a top notch dude. thanks for everything

and Xeno im sorry we couldnt help you enjoy this mod 100% but i f you stick around we may come up with a soloution that may help you.if you would like to give a description of your install and launch method and let us know what the latest updates you are using EX. which beta patch version ect.
or even better yet take a screenshot of you main menu in game it has most of that info on screen there.

Re: DayZ-2017 SP [UPDATED]

DayZ_SP
This post was updated on .
Here is the new, rewritten text-based cheat menu:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1b8vd0o8k9g8q

A couple of notes:

-You might want to change loading the "monitor.sqf" from the init back to the main player unit on the map as in previous versions, so it doesn't disappear after loading a save game.

-The included init.sqf is missing a lot of functions; it's just a basic init meant for a no AI map.

-If you (users in general) are going to alter the menus, STUDY and LEARN HOW THEY WORK instead of just copy & pasting things!

These new menus are more efficient because they include multiple menus within a single file. They still call external scripts, but the overall structure has been streamlined to be self-contained.

The major benefit of text-based menus is you can easily add new items, weapons, objects and vehicles new releases of DayZ might have without much effort compared to previous systems that depended on internal configs and other arrays.

Have fun!
123456 ... 12