Converting Napf for DayZ (Colab with Haleks!)

Converting Napf for DayZ (Colab with Haleks!)

I'll convert a non-DayZ map and get it ready for 1.7.7.

I'll be looking in to non-DayZ maps, these are some of the alternatives so far:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17341
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17088
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17951
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19643

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

Ray
The map Trinity, looks fairly fun.

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

Ray wrote
The map Trinity, looks fairly fun.
For sure, I like Napf Island more, though. I haven't checked them in the editor or anything, so I can't have an accurate opinion just yet.

But I'll most likely convert more maps.

Btw, most of the maps will probably not have many entreable buildings. So I'll build cities with Taviana/Celle buildings. (I'll to it proper nice this time). The Taviana pack got some sick playgrounds and shit, and the school.

I really think we can make som of the maps sick.

EDIT: I've downloaded Napf and Trinity now. I'll be checking them both out today. :D

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

I'm doing Napf now. It will have everything from Origins except the map and AI (if everything goes as planned). (It will have our AI).

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

Ray
Above wrote
I'm doing Napf now. It will have everything from Origins except the map and AI (if everything goes as planned). (It will have our AI).

Sounds nice, good luck.

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

Thank you! :-)

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

Above wrote
Thank you! :-)

I've added loot spots to a couple of buildings I'll be using. I'm currently working on Napf, I'm adding the cities the original creator left out.

Those placed will have Celle/Taviana buildings and objects.

When I'm completly done with the actual map, I'll be starting to work on Trinity.

I'll most likely release those with the DayZ 1.7.7 code, when that is released.

Smells good.

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

Ray wrote
Above wrote
Above wrote
Thank you! :-)

I've added loot spots to a couple of buildings I'll be using. I'm currently working on Napf, I'm adding the cities the original creator left out.

Those placed will have Celle/Taviana buildings and objects.

When I'm completly done with the actual map, I'll be starting to work on Trinity.

I'll most likely release those with the DayZ 1.7.7 code, when that is released.
Smells good.
I got a few things to say.

I'll start with the bad news. Trinity had close to no lootable buildings at all. I'll (EVENTUALLY) make it a playable map.

Now for the good things. I got Napf 99% ready for the 1.7.7 update. I've been playing it with BreakingPoint files. And I gotta say, it's by far the best map I've ever played. It's so damn perfect. It reminds me so much of Chernarus+. So many of the places look so real.

So for a list of what I've done/will do.

Added loot to all buildings on the map (Celle + Chernarus buildings).
Added some extra buildings for looks and more loot.

Things I will do shortly:
Add crashed C130's with heli crash loot (those will replace the heli crashes).
Add compability with Haleks Factions release. (Basically just add a mission with friendly triggers, and you can use his dayz_factions for them to kill zeds) (If Haleks is ok with this)..

That sounds sick. Is there any chance we might see RH weapon packs etc. in it?

[...]

Possibly. I haven't decided yet what I wanna do with it. But it is going to be DayZ 1.7.7. That's set in stone atm.

It might have Fedus's zeds too, including the female. I'll have to think about what the final thing ends up beeing.

Ray
That sure does look good, although I haven't played that map a single time it has a good feel to it. How is the story with the 'size' of it?

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

Ray wrote
That sure does look good, although I haven't played that map a single time it has a good feel to it. How is the story with the 'size' of it?
The map is huge. I'm also planning on using the cold weather system on it aswell.

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

Looks nice mate!
Above wrote
Things I will do shortly:

Add compability with Haleks Factions release. (Basically just add a mission with friendly triggers, and you can use his dayz_factions for them to kill zeds) (If Haleks is ok with this)..
I got no problem with that! Feel free to use/modify it, I do not pretend to "own" a public-open script ^^

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

Haleks wrote
Looks nice mate!
Above wrote
Things I will do shortly:

Add compability with Haleks Factions release. (Basically just add a mission with friendly triggers, and you can use his dayz_factions for them to kill zeds) (If Haleks is ok with this)..
I got no problem with that! Feel free to use/modify it, I do not pretend to "own" a public-open script ^^

Hahaha, alright, thank you! :3

And thanks again. :D

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

I've decided what to do with Napf.

It'll be the DayZ 1.7.7 code. With some weapon mods (not too many). And some new custom skins that I've been messing with.

I've also thought/made some improvements to the map.

Sounds good! Oh, will the "custom skins" have backpack support?

Of course. They already do. I used the "highres" ArmA 2 ghillie suit (desert) to make sure. Because I knew that one does not support backpacks.

Re: Converting a random map for DayZ.

Also, I'll upload pictures of all skins if you want. I've only used ArmA skin so far, but I love'em.
12345