ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987(v4)(v8.16d)(05.10.2018)

1234 ... 6

ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987(v4)(v8.16d)(05.10.2018)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
FACTIONS Chernarus "Wasteland1987" (Config. files v4)

This Chernarus version is a "Wasteland like" mod,
ATM's, very simple money management
Vehicles shops, few shops like this etc...

Civilian life have very basic behaviour, just move to a random position (actualy WIP)
Civilians vehicles,
Lot of various scripts...

v8.15a: (mission version)
- Dayz 1.8 GUI
- all interfaces scripts updated
- new civs scripts
- new missions scripts
- new config. files
- client scripts update
- debug scripts update
- dayz_code scripts update
- object_setFixServer.sqf fix (vehicle repair system)

v8.15b:
- Player can sell vehicles
- Player can buy AI soldiers
- Hospital stores (player can buy medicals stuff)
- Medic AI can heal you if your blood level is lower than 4400 (MedKit must be reloaded in Hospital Stores!)
- Engineer AI can repair vehicles (Repair kit must be reloaded in MilVehicles Stores!)

v8.15c:
- CarRefuel handler action fix
- TenPitch3 removed player_alertZombies function
- Liberate Town "libMissionCompleted" fix
- All "land_fire_barrel..." replaced by "Land_Fire_barrel_DZ" objects

v8.16a:
- Takistan "civClass" added in config.hpp
- player_spawnCheck.sqf (civ spawn fix)
- Civ move to safe position if undefined task
- Civ driver getout of vehicle if undefined task
- Updated lib/side missions check scripts
- Updated "vehicle_travel" function
- Updated "chimney_houselights" is now a function
- various minors fixes

v8.16b:
- GunStore attachments fix
- "Attachment_Sup556" added
- G36A, G36K, M4A1, "m240_scoped_EP1", "M24", "M40A3", "DMR" added

v8.16c:
- sellWeapon.sqf code updated (mags values are considered now + faster code + launchers weapons code)
- G36C Acog class removed (3D dont exist!)
- check_sideMis.sqf fix (missed delete bandit group if side mission wasnt completed)
- "VSS Vintorez","M24","M40A3","DMR" added JSRS sounds
- added "RPG-7V","9K32 Strela-2" with JSRS sounds
- removed infection chance for "waterBottle"
- AllMilitaryClass inf class added in _civList (player_spawn_1.sqf)
- statics NPC's near GunStore replaced by CDF soldiers

v8.16d:
- Better addEventHandler codes (civs,vehs)
- sellWeapon.sqf fix for vanilla weapons classes
- player_spawn_1.sqf (various fixes)
- Balota, Tchernogorsk and Stary Sobor hospital tents (near landPad) positions fix
- pickupMoney function updated

1- Copy all .rar files in arma2OA directory
2- Create a new beta launch icon (copy and paste "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" and rename it "DZ_WL1987_Chernarus_v4")
3- Right click on this icon, click "Properties", "Shortcut" tab, replace target by:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@WL1987_noZeds;@CBA_CO" -nosplash -showscripterrors

@AEG in .rar file isnt necessary, all house lights(and street lamps) are already scripted in this mod
(All lights are activated in config.files except for few NW-airfield lights)
(AEG is a mod who active/disable electric power in Chernarus world)

v8.15a -MAIN FILE-: (369.46 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/my3bn2e5jvyyyh3/%40DZ_WL1987Chernarus_v8.15%2815-09-2018%29.rar

v8.16d -PATCH FILE-: (46.42 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/aylixjg5sshy4xo/%40DZ_WL1987Chernarus_v8.16d_PATCH.rar

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Eric the Viking
Sounds intriguing Oliv82.

The thought of liberating a town over-run by AI sounds cool....

I guess we'll have access to all the Arma2 weapons and vehicles, including tanks...?

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Oliv82
Hi Eric, yes, all vehicles,
bicycles, cars, armored, helis, aircrafts
all classnames are added with their price for each type
Same for weapons-handguns, exept I need to test the Dayz system damage of vehicles for each type, i think 90% of vehicles are OK about this point,
BTR-80, Scud truck, CH-47 Chinook and Lynx are not actived because of the damage system (wrong classnames of vehicle parts I think), and all 8 wheels vehicles too

Changing clothes script is redone and a lot of details like that

About missions, in fact the spawning missions system is copied from Wasteland but I will adapt the "Evolution red" code for the "Liberate Towns" part of the game, By including civilians, it must be a challenge to avoid kill them, thats the reason Ive the idea to add them (if you kill civs, it result neg. points etc..)
About Radio Tower, idk for the moment, I need to analyse codes from EVO to know the possible things or not

I mainly play on EVO servers and I can't wait to test my mod with EVO codes :p, Wasteland is for the survival part of the mod :), but the survival/medical hud is still "old" Dayz 1.7.6.1

But about vehicles again, I will take a look between player progression and growing AI skills, few vehicles are very powerfull and you can destroy 1 army just with a tank, thats the reason armored vehicles are very expensives, if ennemy destroy your tank you lost 1 day of game :p

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Eric the Viking
Oliv82 wrote
But about vehicles again, I will take a look between player progression and growing AI skills, few vehicles are very powerfull and you can destroy 1 army just with a tank, thats the reason armored vehicles are very expensives, if ennemy destroy your tank you lost 1 day of game :p
Sounds good, a valuable asset should be deployed wisely :)

Perhaps the rewards could be linked to number of kills (or your humanity / point system). Would there be the Red, Blue and Independents sides?

As least with the Independents you get to kill everyone....

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Oliv82
I work on civilians moves actually, they can spawn a Civ vehicle to move to city_A to city_B (with random factors)
Differents civ classes have own vehicles classes (business class cant drive tractors.. etc)
I need to add dayTime conditions, and fix few bugs

About "humanity" points, Its a sort of "reputation", player-> civ, player-> policemen, player-> army
bandits can be killed by army or policemen
You start the game with a neutral réputation, so bandits factions won't target you before 3 bandits kills

if you kill a civ, you are considered as bandit, so all factions will target you

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Eric the Viking
Sounds really interesting and well thought out Oliv82 :)

Can't wait to give it whirl!

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Oliv82
Hi Eric, now bugs are fixed, version stable, good fps :)

I tried a lot times to use Alice or Alice2 for civs but I had too many scripts errors :(
Mine are very simplified, do the job and works :p, it mean civs dont have discussions, but they can react at gun fires, (mmm.. maybe a script to gain civ_reputation when you heal civs... something like that)

I think too to script smokes effects for houses chimney with daytimes conds but not for now )

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Slaiine
any news on this ? Any idea when you will release it ?

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Oliv82
Sorry for the long delay post, I still work hard on this mod, but it take long time to test, Ive just finish a heli taxi system for chernarus, there's still few minors bugs, at the moment the mod is playable (~80% finished)

Next step will be to work on "liberate towns" scripts and work on cop/player relations

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

Oliv82
First alpha released check op if you want to test !
I still hunt minors bugs at this state of dev. :)

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland 1987 v3.00 (alpha)

AlmighttyBozz
Woah looking good can't wait to try it out.

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.3 (13.12.2015)

Eric the Viking
Ok, I don't believe I'm dumb, but, well, I'm not having much luck getting this running....

I've copied the Arma 2 OA install to folder /A2Wastland

I've downloaded the weapons packs, copied them to the folder and renamed them as per your command line.

Added the CBA_CO  & AEG folders, again as per command line. Your command line pasted into shortcut:

D:\A2Wasteland\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DZ1987_noZeds;@CBA_CO;@AEG;@M77WWIIPack1.15;@M77WpnPack1.81" -nosplash -showscripterror

The game when launched shows all "addons" present but when running the following error appears;

"Cannot play (blah blah) due to deleted; kpfs_ammo_ww2, kpfs_mpi74, kps_g3, kpfs_sks"

Am I doing something wrong?

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.3 (13.12.2015)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Thanks for replies guys

Mmm I ve forgot to upload Marseille77 configs files, because Ive changed thos files its normal what you have errors Eric

Keep Marseille77 weapons orig files BTW but those files will not work with my mod

I re-upload ALL my config files now sry :)

This version have changed since yesterday v3.4 now
-Civs scripts optimized, FPS are increased ~30% (now if you have Vsync monitor, FPS should be stable at 60 fps)
-optimized init file

-"@AEG" folder structure not changed since old FACTIONS(withZeds)
-"@CBA_CO" structure not changed since old FACTIONS(withZeds)

-the mod is bigger now ) 210.22 MB
-As usual, Updates will be uploaded without main file, and will be smaller (~3MB max)

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.3 (13.12.2015)

bart998
Hello I fired up missions arma 2 launcher with extras and play without errors photograph below

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.3 (13.12.2015)

Eric the Viking
Oliv82 wrote
I re-upload ALL my config files now sry :)
Nah, it's cool. It didn't actually stop me from playing - I deleted the "missing content" references from mission.sqm so the game would launch...

With the new 3.4, working fine now, no visible errors. I'm not sure how I interact with the missions however...

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.4 (14.12.2015)

Slaiine
I am confused about how to install this. I am getting errors. I do not understand what to do with the wasteland folder that was in the missions folder. Sorry, normally this is straight forward for me.

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.4 (14.12.2015)

Eric the Viking
Hey Slaiine,

You don't have to do anything with that folder, simply copy everything in the @DZ_WL1987Chernarus_v3.4(14-12-2015).rar into the root of your Arma 2 install.

Note the emphasis on the latest version (3.4 at this time) above!

I create a new folder for every different mod; I created a folder called A2Wasteland and copied my Arma 2 OA install to this folder. I then extract Oliv82 files into that folder.

It should look like this;

In the shortcut in the folder edit the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" file so the highlighted section (see picture below) reads;

D:\A2Wasteland\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DZ1987_noZeds;@CBA_CO;@AEG;@M77WWIIPack1.15;@M77WpnPack1.81" -nosplash -showscripterrors

And in the "target directory" section you should have;

D:\A2Wasteland

Like this;

NOTE You would need to edit this to reflect your drive letters and/or folder name!

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.4 (14.12.2015)

Slaiine
Thank you Eric, does this need DZ 1.7.6.1 like the first chernaus 1987 mod ?

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.4 (14.12.2015)

Slaiine
or everything it may need from daizy is already in the mod folder ?

Re: ALPHA: FACTIONS Chernarus Wasteland1987 v3.4 (14.12.2015)

Eric the Viking
No, you don't need anything other than Arma 2 and Oliv82's single file download (in his first post).

1234 ... 6