RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

1234 ... 6

RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

alegri
This post was updated on .
Day of Survival is a single player mission for Arma 2 CO and Arma 3 (using All in Arma) based on the DayZ mod where the player takes the role of a secret agent trapped in a civil war ravaged Chernarus. His mission is to survive by scavenging for supplies and collecting intel that would help him fight the guerillas that are ravaging the country.
 All the gameplay elements in the mission (from quests, enemy, other survivors, camps, snipers, loot, etc.) are totally random and are designed to offer tens of hours of unique gameplay each time, no matter if you want to be a lone sniper, or gather an army and fight the guerrillas. All that is important is to stay alive....

Get the mission at http://dayofsurvival.blogspot.com

currently version 0.9 beta (A2) or 0.91 for Arma 3

or watch the videos.

Features

 - No zombies ;)
 - Civil war with two factions fighting each other, cities can be occupied by each faction including the player (Insurgency style) and forces are constant on move, cities get occupied, etc.
- Random generated gameplay elements that would give you a unique and immersive experiences each time you replay the mission.
- Most of the features rewritten and optimized for single player, new interaction menu.
 - Sandbox experience that can last for days and weeks (save game enabled and you can return where you left the game), respawn at tents, etc.
 - Multiple random side missions and quests that you will obtain randomly trough the game and based on your progress and items as well as a main story line (again randomized).
 - Random resistance fighters, snipers, vehicles, helicopters, road blocks, loot, camps, intel..... and pretty much anything else.
 - Persistent Coop mode (just copy mission in MPMission folder) for LAN play, server can resume from save game and other players will be remembered based on their ID and restored exactly where they were when they join session (still experimental). Also all players can chose to start in same position (check parameters).
 - Playable in Arma 3 if using All in Arma Terrain pack (see downloads page for more info) with extra features like clothes, A3 gear, etc.
 - base building, crafting and recruiting.

 and many more features and surprises....

Latest version Arma 3: 0.91
- Now mods are separate by version since I had to fix a lot of things that did not work anymore in the DayZ pbo's from mod folder so you have to download separate @DoS archive for A3.
- Removed dependency of All in Arma, you can only use the terrain pack or A3MP
- Fixed bugs (missing clothes, sounds, etc) so mission works again in Arma 3 - there are some errors or RPT spam but most things should work fine.
- Removed all A2 assets and replaced them with A3 (weapons from Nato SF weapons pack, vehicles from vanilla, etc.)
- Fixed missions, crafting etc that were broken by above changes.

Latest version Arma 2 v0.9 29/05/2014
•Increased loot spawn rate overall and for several items as requested (e.g. tires, maps)
•Fixed Informant mission
•Fixed High ranking official mission
•Decreased number of sandbags and other items required for crafting in A2

Been working at this for more than an year so really hope you enjoy and please note some things might still not work 100% or some bugs might appear. Due to the vast amount of things that can happen in the mission I did not ever got the chance to fully test everything during real gameplay.

I really recommend you to play it at least once with no revert if dead to enjoy the thrill.
Hal

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Hal
Hi alegri, now this seems like a very nice idea.
Downloading now.
I'll get back to you later with some feedback.
Thanks a lot.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Snuggly Overlord
Looks great!
Question though, it says it includes base building, crafting and recruiting. Might I ask how in depth the base building and crafting is? (What you can build/craft and the such).

What ever it is, it looks very good, so I'll give it a go

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

xToast
Is it possible to play this on ChernarusPlus ?
Looks great.
I'm a toast. Deal with it.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

dave616
Cant download it - can you host it on a different cloud storage site?

Tried Chrome, IE and Firefox without success.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

alegri
Thanks for trying the mission!

Question though, it says it includes base building, crafting and recruiting. Might I ask how in depth the base building and crafting is? (What you can build/craft and the such).

You can build a camp and other elements like fortifications, camo nets,etc. At the camp you can then recruit/train units (given you add a weapon and ammo in the box near the camp and have gold in inventory). You can also craft various items, like bandages, tents, cammo clothes, etc. You will find recipes as intel on killed enemies and when you have the required ingredients in inventory a menu option will appear to craft / build.

Is it possible to play this on ChernarusPlus ?

Not at the moment, sorry.  If this map will be playable in Arma at some point I will look into porting the mission, but so far it seems not. My plans are to move it as well to Altis and Taviana in a a week or two tops. Just needs some more testing, most of the stuff are working already.

Cant download it - can you host it on a different cloud storage site?
Please try again. I will look into see what other options are there and add some mirrors on the site. Let me know if other people have troubles downloading.

Have fun!

Hal

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Hal
This post was updated on .
Hi alegri.
Nice work.
Been trying this out last night for a couple of hours and it all seems to be working allright.
Only issue I've seen so far is that when I take intel from a dead soldier, it says it has
been added to my notebook.
Now I tried some things but I am not able to open the notebook.
I guess it should be in "notes" when I press the "P" key, but when I do that nothing happens.
And one question I have, is it a lot of work to port it to other maps?
I mean, I really hate to ask for things, but you would make me very happy if you could
make this work in CLAfghan. (Now everybody probably wants to see it in their favourite map haha)
Anyway, very nice idea, well done.
Thanks for all your work and for sharing it, and I hope you will keep working on it.
Catch you later.

Hal.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

alegri
Hal,

Please press M to open the usual Arma Map, and you will have SurvivalIntel bellow Tasks and notes. Sorry if this was not clear. This is where all intel gets added (unless it's a task that would trigger a normal task to be created under Tasks)

To port on another maps needs primarily the building position for the loot although I wrote a part that should also place loot based on building position but still requires class names for buildings to be added to the list. However priority at the moment is to get Altis out and Taviana since already I have done all of work and then look further in other maps (e.g. if I add buildings from Takistan, most should work fine in CLAafghan as well so will try to see if that works as a start).

Thanks for playing!

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

xToast
alegri wrote
Is it possible to play this on ChernarusPlus ?

Not at the moment, sorry.  If this map will be playable in Arma at some point I will look into porting the mission, but so far it seems not. My plans are to move it as well to Altis and Taviana in a a week or two tops. Just needs some more testing, most of the stuff are working already.
I guess I just confirmed that ChernarusPlus is working. Allthough loot does not spawn in the new buildings, the normal loot spawns are working.

AI is also working and the are attacking the player.

So you could play on ChernarusPlus if you wanted to, since the new enterable buildings offer some cover, etc.

I'm a toast. Deal with it.
Hal

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Hal
Hi alegri.
Got the intel....
That was just me being stupid and not looking in the right place.
And about CLAfghan, there's plenty of standard OA buildings, but as well a LOT of custom ones.
So that's gonna take a lot of work.
Shame, cause I think the map would be a perfect match for your mission.
And there's next to no missions for that map.
(I load a Warfare mission in the editor, but it gets boring real quick.)
Anyway, please don't let me distract you from your work, it was just an idea I had in my head.
All the best mate.

Hal.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Anonymous
@ Alegri

This release is very different and great fun! I don't know if this is fixable but when I change skin (Camo Clothing), I lose "SurvivalIntel" in the map screen and also lose control of my AI companion.

I will be testing the co-op multiplayer this weekend. Do you think this AI mod would work well with your release? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12105

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

alegri
Hi,
Yes, should be fairly easy to fix now that I know about it.

At first glance I would say the mod should work.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

twsmith
How do I use bandages and painkillers?  I keep shuddering and I have painkillers in my inventory but there is no option to use them and I haven't been able to use my bandages either.

I'm not sure if it's an arma thing or just that I'm used to the UI from Factions but is there any way to move tools like matches, knives, etc... to belt slots or have melee weapons on our backs?

Thanks.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Anonymous
Here are some crafting recipe's I wish I knew about earlier:

Scrap Metal= 3x tin can
Ghillie Suit= 2x cloth parcel, 2x string, 2x rag
Camping Tent= 1x cloth parcel, 1x string, 4x steel bolt
Land Fort Tower= 2x cloth parcel, 2x nails, 5x sand bag, 2x wood

PS. This mod is very well done! lots of thought and detail put into this.

PSS. I don't know if it is a bug or intended but the player dies when in water over his head.
I spotted a PBX about 20m offshore and died each time i entered the water. However, when I commanded my AI companion to enter the boat, he swam out and brought it to shore!

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Sarc
From what I can tell, most, if not all, inventory items are used with the scroll-wheel menu. I don't know if you can put things on your belt unless it puts them there when you pick it up.

This is actually my biggest complaint with this mod. It seems to have a lot of potential, but many of the game mechanics and features found in the latest versions of the Arma 2 DayZ mod are missing, e.g. right-click menus for items in inventory, vaulting or crouching while running, player status UI improvements (icons instead of the old debug menu), etc.

That aside, I came across a dog that would literally not stop barking and would not follow any commands, and when I killed it (the barking was annoying :P) I lost 300 blood. The blood loss is probably intentional, but I presume the rest to be a bug.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

alegri
at some point I decided to make it support Arma 3 so I had to drop the usual inventory and replace it with action menu. All items are usable from the scroll wheel, some like bandages and painkillers are appearing only when you need to use them (bleeding, in pain).
Screen shaking above is caused by low blood probably so you would have to eat not needing a painkiller.

Dying when in water  - I know I swimmed and at least in A3 all was ok, I don't remember in arma 2, but I can't see any reason why you would die in water. Maybe there was a bug on the shores or something. I will do some testing when I get to a computer.

About toolbelt, again this is something that got lost when porting to All in Arma, but you can add the hatchet in your inventory and still be able to use it. In A3 works from backpack as well.

Dogs - most of the dogs are enemy and they will bite :) you cannot recruit those in currernt version, but only the ones found in some random cities next to dog houses. They will join your group randomly. I know the menu shows up even with enemy dogs, but I still have some work to do on that part.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Sarc
Thanks for clearing all of that up. It's too bad that support for Arma 3 makes the mod less functional/accessible in Arma 2, but I understand the reasoning. I still don't get why I lost blood from shooting the dog, but maybe it bit me and I didn't realize it. :P Good luck with your development. :)

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

twsmith
Loving this mod but some of the useful gear and vehicle parts seem hard to find which makes it difficult to get going on the missions.  I played about 4 hours now on the arma 2 version, still no map, gps or compass so navigating to specific coordinates is a bitch.  I'm also having a very difficult time getting parts for vehicles as I have yet to find a tire and every vehicle I've come across has been totalled.  I did find a couple guys who automatically joined up with me in elektro and they followed me along past cherno which was pretty handy when I got jumped at the medical camp near the southern airport. :)

Thanks for the tip about the dogs, I couldn't figure out why I kept getting damaged by dogs I thought were under my command. :)

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Anonymous
@Alegri: I am not complaining (I love this mod!), but here are some issue's I have run into:
Using Arma 2 version, I tested the death while swimming issue on coast near Elektro, Cherno & Balota, same result.

Another bug I have encountered is with the power to the people quest. If I repair a generator (and it states 10 remaining to fix) and save game, then revert/resume, I am able to repair that same generator again and it will say 9 remaining to fix.

I also have not found a single tire in 15 hours of play, searching every industrial building from Berezino to Balota.

Is there any chance you have an earlier build available from before the Arma 3 port for us die hard Arma 2 players?

Thanks for your efforts

EDIT: I just got "No entry bin\config.bin/CFGweapons.U_B_GhillieSuit" when trying to craft it.
Also, I found a car tire in a barn near Cherno. I think their spawn rate needs to be increased.
1234 ... 6