RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

RandomPersonGuyThing
What the hell happened?

I just started up the mission and decided to go get a drink of water while playing. So, I layed down in the grass to make sure I wouldnt get killed. I came back, put my headphones back on and I heard this random scream sound. "AAAAUUUGGGHHH!!" Scared the crap out of me! What does this sound even mean?

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Anonymous
That sound usually means there are enemy attack dogs around. Sometimes it can be an ambush too.
I have followed the screaming man sound only to find 1 or 2 shooters nearby in fixed positions targeting the area where the dog is.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Anonymous
Has anyone been able to make their own campfire? I have matches and wood in inventory (not backpack) and I don't get any scroll option to make a campfire.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Anonymous
I tried that, it did not work. every other self action in this mod is on the scroll menu. I think he did it that way so it would port better to Arma 3.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

alegri
Hi,

Just tried debugging the fireplace and all worked ok on my end. When you have matches in your inventory the option should appear in the scroll menu to make fireplace. Has anyone else experiencing the issue and in which version?

Thanks!

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Anonymous
Hi Alegri,

I dropped the matches and picked them back up and now the option appears in the scroll menu, weird.
Any ETA (days, weeks, months) on the next update?

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Anonymous
Hi Alegi,

I think there is a bug in the "Locate the informant" quest in Arma 2. In the SQF:

_exp = getpos (nearestObjects [_pos, ["Land_Tovarna2","Land_dp_smallFactory_F"], 7000] call BIS_fnc_SelectRandom);
_spawnpos = _exp findEmptyPosition[ 1 , 20, "O_Soldier_TL_F" ];

It appears that "O_Soldier_TL_F" and "Land_dp_smallFactory_F" are Arma 3 exclusive.

In 3 play throughs, I have never found the informant in the 4 "Land_Tovarna2" buildings in Chernaurus.

*Edit: I found this in the arma2oa.rpt file:
File missions\__cur_sp.chernarus\spawn\secops\informant.sqf, line 14

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

twsmith
Thank you!  You just spared me a couple hours of searching for a non-existent informant. :)

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Gianluca
It's possible a versione with Zombies too?

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Anonymous
Hi Alegri,

A couple more bugs to report in Arma 2 version:

In the "kill high ranking official" side mission, I ambushed the SUV and killed the Takistani driver but the task never gets marked as completed.

Also, I noticed this in the Arma2OA.rpt file:

File missions\__cur_sp.chernarus\spawn\radioops\ourfam.sqf, line 35
Error in expression <om 0.8;
_jeep setFuel random 0.2;
_jeep setAmmo [currentWeapon _jeep, ceil(rando>
  Error position: <setAmmo [currentWeapon _jeep, ceil(rando>
  Error Missing ;

This mission never showed up in tasks (i think the error stopped it from running).

a few things i'm experiencing

NeoSPF
Hello!

Great mission by the way, I'm really impressed with what you've done so far.

I've played roughly 3 hours so far and I have a few minor issues I thought I would mention.

1. Items like hunting knife / toolbox are going into my main inventory instead of onto the toolbelt.. I ca see the realism of the toolbox requiring a space in the inventory but surely a knife can be consealed within a belt :D just an observation I didn't know if this was intentional.
2. Vehicles have no option for removing fuel only refuelling, any way to add the ability to remove fuel from a vehicle?
3. The dogs seem to act very strange, I saw one and got the dog commands on menu, I chose stay and the dog froze, I then chose follow and the dog kept running to me then 20 yards away and back and forth back and forth, each time he got to me my blood went down a lot like me bit me, eventually I died from it.

Is there an ideal arma beta patch to use for this mod? because right now im testing using latest 112555.

Oh also, quick question but where do you find snipers and stuff on this because only AI im killing I always get either Makarov or 2 types of AK :( wanted something a bit better to hunt with.

Re: a few things i'm experiencing

Anonymous
I don't know if Alegri checks this board anymore so I will attempt to answer:

1. Toolbelt items in main inventory is intentional. I think it was done so it would port better to Arma 3.
2. There is no fuel siphon ability but if you can drive it next to a gas station pump it will auto fill the vehicle.
3. Those are enemy dogs. You can't command them (even though the menu will appear) and they will bite and kill you. There are friendly dogs that spawn in random dog houses in towns & cities. If you get close (20-30m) to one you will hear a less urgent bark. If you touch the dog house a dog will spawn that you can command.
He can attack enemies and locate animal for you to hunt. He will also get in your vehicle after you do.
4. There are random snipers that usually have CZ 550 rifles. There is also a camp on Skalisity Island that usually has a scoped weapon (random) among the loot.

Also, I am not sure what the recommended beta patch is for this mission. I am using 103718.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Munnster
Has anyone been able to build a camp?

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Anonymous
I have never found more than 2 sandbags (need 5) in any play through.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Munnster
Ya sandbags are really hard to find so i had to use kron support call but there isn't enough inventory space for all the parts need to build a camp. You need 2 x Nails, 5 x Sandbags, 2 x Cloth parcel, 2 x Wood piles and Entrenching tool   to build a camp but you cant hold all those items at once, all these parts require 15 slots.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

alegri
Sorry for the delay in responding, busy times in real life.

I have released version 0.9 with some minor fixes:
•Increased loot spawn rate overall and for several items as requested (e.g. tires, maps, crafting items)
•Fixed Informant mission
•Fixed High ranking official mission
•Decreased number of sandbags and other items required for crafting in A2

Just the mission file is updated so you don't have to re download the entire mod. Links are available on the download page.

Still working on the change clothes issue since that is somewhat difficult to fix. Please try not to change clothes in Arma 2.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Munnster
Hi alegri  thanks for the update, I will try it out.  Im not sure if you found this bug in the original 0.8 release but i got this error (Script spawn\secops\any not found ) when i picked up a piece of intel and then I couldn't get any more intel pieces.

Is it in Arma 2 or 3? Just tried 2 and it worked for me, so not sure what might cause this. Are you using the same save game as 0.8 or have you changed clothes by any chance?
Thanks!

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Munnster
Im using Arma 2 and it was just in 0.8  not sure why it did that because it worked perfect then all of a sudden i got that error but im playing 0.9 now and its great so far.
123456