RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.9 [Updated 05/29/2014]

Alex
hi im using the ace mod.. and there is an inventory ui glitch.. i hve double inventory.. how to fix this?

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.9 [Updated 05/29/2014]

Alex
disregard my comment.. its not a DoS mod problem..

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Anonymous
I just tried this as a multiplayer LAN game (Arma 2) with 1 other person and can confirm that the player not hosting gets single digit fps after connecting. However, when I exit to menu and re-connect it was much better. We could not get the multiplayer save game feature to work for the player not hosting. Each time the save was loaded the hosting player is restored to his proper position and full gear but the other play is loaded as a new spawn.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.9 [Updated 05/29/2014]

alechr
Hi Alegri, love your mod, I was getting a bit tired of zombies, and this civil war survival is a quite interesting theme!

I've been playing the latest version (0.9) on Arma3, and have found a few bugs:

-Player character and NPCs holding the Winchester get their arms stretched and deformed (they kinda look like slender man ). I'll see if I can get a screenshot of this later.
-I can't access the inventory in vehicles, the inventory icon doesn't appear no matter where I point my cursor. This breaks the informant mission as I can't get the intel in the car.
-Campfires at the small one-tent camps do damage to you even if you stand 3 or 4m away from it. It's impossible to get close enough to cook meat without taking damage. Fires in barrels in Cherno are ok, I couldn't test player-made fires because I still haven't found matches

Any ETA on the Altis version? This will be awesome in Altis, can't wait to play that!

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.9 [Updated 05/29/2014]

kodabar
I've just played this for the first time and I'm very, very impressed. I've just played for six hours straight, so I can definitely say it's one of my very favourite missions.

I like how hard it is. I like how rare certain loot is (found two wheels in six hours!). I almost shit myself when I came out of a building in Berezino and a helicopter passed low overhead. I like that plenty of things are not explained and I have to figure them out for myself.

So now I've got a vehicle (I found a jeep with a dead driver and its engine still running), a dog, a lovely campsite and I'm ready to make a move on a few different areas.

Great fun. Well done!

PS Playing on ArmA 2 with no other mods.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.9 [Updated 05/29/2014]

Brado
Any Help please ....Im Trying to get this to work in Arma 3

Ive installed "All in Arma" and updated it ..Arma3 runs ok with other missions i downloaded with "All in Arma" installed
But as soon as i try this mission i get errors

ERROR MESSAGE :-

You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus

ERROR MESSAGE :-

No entry "bin/config.bin/CfgWorlds.chernarus"

I know its something ive done or doing wrong,But cant work it out  ive gone over everything 3 times.
Maybe its my Path parameter :-

"H:\Program Files (x86)\ARMA III\arma3.exe" -nosplash -mod=@mas,@CBA_A3,@AllInArmaStandalone,@DoS

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.9 [Updated 05/29/2014]

Brado
update to my last post

I installed  "ArmA 3 Map Pack - A3MP" so i had chernarus map

All loaded but with errors as to vehicles weapons and weapon sounds.
I spawned with no clothes and a pistol with 8 rounds ...while running around for hr1.30mins i never found any loot or items of any sort nor vehicles
All i found was 2 half naked men,which didnt shoot at me .

I think this is to be played in Arma 2, which is a pity as it looked so good in ARMA 3

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.9 [Updated 05/29/2014]

alegri
After the 1.22 and 1.24 updates on Arma 3 the mod has a lot of issues is almost unplayable (missing clothes on some characters, no sound for weapons etc.). It needs a lot of work and I'm afraid currently I have very little time till mid August to work on it due to some exams I'm taking at the moment. I also need to make it compatible with AiA standalone as far as I can see.
But to be honest I am considering moving from All in Arma and just use A3MP and custom mod vehicles, etc from Arma 3, since I personally moved away from AiA (most of the armored vehicles, weapons and stuff are not working very well and the only use I had for AiA was to have the maps, which are also available in A3MP). Since I had over 300 missions that I  regularly played ported from A2 I will just do a batch search and replace in the missions to change all classes from  A2 to A3 equivalents (mostly from mods).

I'm really sorry for the issues but since 1.24/Bootcamp I haven't actually used Arma 3 at all since most of the mods I was using got broken and I'm trying to clean them up and fix the ones that are not being updated by the creator.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.9 [Updated 05/29/2014]

Brado
Hi alegri,
I can fully understand......I can see alot of work has gone into AllInArma and could take over the more important things in life.....Its a pity but at least your not leaving the world of Arma 3 but taking a different route .
Good Luck on the exams, I look forward to work you do in the future.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.9 [Updated 05/29/2014]

COOL CANADIAN
Ok so I LOVE the game but it would be better with the epoch building script :D and of course my favorite The Wheeled Titanic please thanks Great game btw :) loading the game again 3 hours of survival :D

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Kuyo
Can someone upload the mod files to another hosting site? Like MEGA. Can't download :/

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.9 [Updated 05/29/2014]

jack4star
I tried to download the @DoS mod and it comes up with this "This file is currently unavailable due to maintenance please try again later"

Please help I really want to play this game

Jack.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.9 [Updated 05/29/2014]

Anonymous

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Reck548
Just open map and it will be under intel

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Reck548

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

alegri
Hi,

I know it's been a while since last update but I have been extremely busy with real life issues and some projects.

I just published a small update for the Arma 3 version to make it work again. This should fix the issues that appeared after 1.24 update and later ones (missing clothes, sounds, etc). Also I removed the All in Arma standalone dependencies so you just need the All in Arma Terrain pack or A3MP to play and the NATO SF weapons + CBA.
For this I had to replace some of the A2 stuff with A3 (e.g. cars) or A3 modded content (e.g. weapons).

Still a bit busy currently but moving forward I will continue to update only the A3 version (I expect A2 usage to decrease in future so not sure if it's worth the effort to keep two versions in parallel).

Thanks!

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

alechr
Awesome news Alegri! DoS has been one of my favorite mods, can't wait to play it again on Arma3! Thanks!

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

DEADRECON28
I can run ARMA3 campaign on very high 60+ fps but even when I drop the settings to low I lag like crazy on this mission. Any idea why?

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

kodabar
Administrator
It's difficult to say without some more details of your situation. I'd be particularly interested in what processor and video card you have.

There are lots of reasons why things might lag. One of the ones I find most commonly is:

The ArmA games have an unusual way of handling graphics. Most games get the graphics card to do most of the work, using the processor only for things like the location of the player, tracking of shots, etc. The ArmA games takes the opposite approach and get the processor to do everything, barely touching the graphics card at all.

Often in an ArmA game, the processor is running nearly maxed out, so the slightest additional load can cause stalling. When playing DayZ, the server handles a lot of stuff like player tracking. In creating a single player version, there is no server to help with the donkey work, so there's a bunch of extra load on your CPU from simulating all the server stuff. And there's also the extra stuff like running the AI players and any extra scripting that the mod author has added.

If the author has added a bunch of stuff, it really starts eating into the processor. This can get worse over time as the zombie bodies and dead players pile up - by default the game doesn't despawn them. So unless an author adds some cleanup routines, the processor ends up having to track hundreds of corpses (and their inventories). Even AI units add to the burden. Mostly they're not spawned until you get within a certain radius of them. If there isn't a cleanup routine to despawn them, then a walk across the map can cause hundreds of AI units to spawn, even if you don't see them.

Sooner or later, all this can really tell on your processor. Once enough work is piled on it, the processor starts to lag behind (this is why you see some people on here reporting that they can get it to run, but don't see zombies or AI units). Because the ArmA engine lumps a lot of the graphics load onto the processor, frame rate can really suffer. All this whilst the graphics card is relatively untouched.

There's also the fun of occlusion culling. In most games, there's a quick programming routine running to determine what you can see. Without occlusion culling the game would render everything - so if you're hiding behind a rock, the game engine would still draw all the stuff on the other side of the rock; stuff you can't see and the engine is going to draw over with rock textures. Occlusion culling does a very quick calculation in order to work out what ought to be visible and then stops the engine from wasting time rendering that stuff.

Before ArmA 3, there was no occlusion culling in Bohemia's game engine. So if you're facing a brick wall inside a bathroom in Cherno, the engine will render everything within the view distance, even though it won't be able to draw it on the screen. That's why the frame rate drops in large towns - the game operates as though everything is made of glass. In the version of the game engine used by ArmA 3, there is limited (it's nowhere near what some game like Call of Duty does) occlusion culling, helping reduce the load and making the game run smoother.

So... it's entirely possible that you can have a computer that runs ArmA 3 beautifully, but struggles with some single player DayZ mods under the ArmA 2 engine. When you're running ArmA 3, you're probably playing on a server and you're using a more advanced version of the game engine that includes occlusion. The processor is king when it comes to running these missions.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Niceonegunit
You also cannot rule out poor script optimisation, with AI mods being highlights of this.

While my processor can certainly handle it, the game engine itself may not. For example, and this certainly may not apply to everyone else, but I still have problems with AI mods, Zeus AI in this case, in that every 5 seconds, my game will freeze for 1 seconds exactly once roughly 6+ AI squads with 10 people in each are on the field. The more AI groups (groups being the key word, not just singular units) on the field at once, the faster and longer the freezes start and last, respectively. Smaller groups (4-5 people) or just singular units do not suffer this problem. Without Zeus AI, the game runs smoothly. Poor scripting can cause, thanks to bohemia's oh-so-well designed engine, total game freezes and lockups. Even crashes, but those are very rare.

Of course, this may not be a problem for everyone, but it is still something to consider if you are having lag problems when you usually do not.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)
123456