RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

DEADRECON28
I run it on a 2014 GT60 770M.
CPU- i7-4700MQ
GPU-GeForce GTX 770/3GB

-When I play I do not use a server but run everything from my computer.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

kodabar
Administrator
Yup, that's your problem right there. You're using a laptop with an average processor.

Although the Core i7-4700MQ is pretty good, it's actually only slightly more powerful than a Core 2 Duo CPU from a desktop machine. Laptops are short of space, which means they can't fit a proper heatsink and fan in there, thus the processors have to run cooler (and therefore slower). So although it's a Core i7 processor based on the latest CPU technology, it's only got the same performance as the processor from a seven year old desktop PC.

Your system just doesn't have the processing power to cope with anything too complicated, so it lags. It's mostly down to the odd way that the ArmA game engine uses system resources. And that's a pity because it's a perfectly good system with a decent graphics card, but the processor performance (that's easily adequate for all the latest games) is what is holding it back.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Niceonegunit
Ah, damn. That's a shame. The game requires far more CPU power than it realisticly should due to Bohemia and their very well optimized engine. (PS that was sarcasm please dont hurt me thanks u)

Even having a good cpu can still not be good enough. The game still has script lag for me, and very often in certain missions, which can lead to unpredictable results when I'm designing missions. Take for example, and some people will remember which one this was, but I had a sort of 'horror mode' in which it went all spooky mr skelett mann and shit. I tried to script an NPC to hunt you down with an axe, but the script lagged constantly. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it half-functioned, and sometimes it just didn't work.

Bohemia didn't fix this with ArmA III, but they didn't even add a proper context-sensitive action button to that game even though it, and ArmA II, desperately needed it.

I just ranted about something not even related to your problem, but I've typed all this so I'm gonna post it anyway.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Niceonegunit
Just thought I'd ask.

Beast was having a problem of no vehicles or helicopters spawning.
I looked at the mission, and found that vehicles/helicopters spawn after a maximum of 12 hours!
The two sleep commands:

sleep round random 26000
sleep round random 20000

If I'm right, and I think I am, that's twelve hours maximum. I might be wrong though.

Was this a design choice? The chances of getting a very long wait time is incredibly high.
No offense, of course. Just a question.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

petrsn
Greetings Alegri,

Great effort, I am enjoying DoS very much.

I have a question re helicopters. I found a UH60 but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to locate the refuel option. It's condition is all green but is bingo fuel and can't seem to rectify this. I haven't had this problem in other mods. Any ideas to help me out?

Thanks again,

Tom

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.8

Nick
Seems like you get hungry and thirsty way too often,  and the time scale is fast too. Any way to make it more realistic?  Using ARMA 3 mod.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Maverick
Great mission however I would like to find a way to add handcuffing into this. Is there any addon that allows handcuffing?

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

benevolentdevil
JUST FYI -

 THIS mission/addon mod is potentially in my top 3 "survival"  favorites of all time , know that these many years later ... it's still enjoyed on Arma2 OA by me at least.

 Some of it is a tad bit " outdated" , but I think I understand it enough< i might be able to do -some- things if desired now.

 What I like MOST -
1- No Zeds ( yes over-done and overrated! )
2- It can work Co-OP in small groups. ( Almost EXACTLY what I was asking for!)
3- It's kind of "random" , it really doesn't play the same way twice.  ( Though some "missions" seem to post out of order , or it will say "mission located at "x,y" coordinates and nothing spawns there ever.
Other times, it does EXACTLY what it says it does , but the Tip/Hint in the map will show a different mission objective. )  But, it is not always the same.  Love that!

 What I do not quite like (minor complaint here):
 - Chernarus map.  BLEH!
 Now I do know how to get more open buildings , even if they do not "spawn loot" ... one -can- rip epoch addon files and nab the extra buildings and repack into DOS addons.  IF I knew the building "codes" you used, and the new buildings ... I could force loots to spawn in those too , given your mission/scripts as examples.

 I really, REALLY wish you could simply run/port to other maps  ... a bit easier than basically re-inventing the wheel there.

 *SPOILER*
The Klen Mountain I discovered by "accident" ... alone.  WOW I so got owned , I only spotted a handful of AI , thought everything was cool ... NOPE! lol.
 That is challenging!

 For it's age and time, ... THIS was a really awesome Idea/Mission ...

 I don't know if you'll ever read this or reply ... but on the download page, it says to "ADD the RH weapon packs" to further enhance play.
Does DOS auto-add those weapons and ammo to the in game database?  If so, I have done something wrong I think, as I never see any spawn in, nor get off dead AI.

 still though, this is almost "perfect" for me to run for my small group Co-OP night play.
 I might even rent a server just to run it always.   ( I do not think , MP "saves" are persistant. However for Group play, I could use Loki's Lost Key or possibly even the Admin Menu thing from Wasteland to get everyone "back as they were" if not. )

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

benevolentdevil
 I hope you don't mind ...

 But I ported the mission to Chenarus WINTER map.
 Increases FPS , and give a more "survivory feel" to the mission.

 I have very few "complaints" about this mission/mod ... I think my biggest complaint is some spawned in Tents, OPFOR doesn't spawn until you "open" the tent gear it seems.  Every one I found , OPFOR group spawns right on me as I'm looking in it's inventory.

 I'm thinking about tweaking spawn chances of certain things ...

 I have yet to find any maps , radios, compasses, matches, tires, toolboxes, etools, ...
 I found one hatchet, no knives yet.

 This has given me great ideas though.
 I could make a somewhat "simpler" , but more time consuming as far as making a decent "survival mission" of this fashion, just on other maps though.
  I really do not care for basic chenarus to be honest.

 I would simply "port forward" to like Takistan ... but I'm having trouble figuring out your building code placements for loot spawns.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

kodabar
Administrator
This mission was made by Alegri. Unusually, I don't actually know him. And this appears to be the only mission he made. If you have a look at his profile (link below), there's a link to send him and email. It might be worth a go.

http://kodabar-dayz-daizy-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=934

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

benevolentdevil
Well, ...
A long time later ...

 Found out that Co-Op doesn't actually work on this mission.  Small group, on a dedicated server ... only one player ( the first to log in ) had a player slot available.
 trying to edit to add more slots ... broke the mission, nothing at all would "load" in or spawn.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Slash Ghost 25
Hey alegri and the other Day of Survival community. I may be to late to get this mod, but I was roaming through the mod pages and found this mod and I thought it was interesting and I wanted to try it out, but now the mod isn't available. I was wanting to know if anyone has the files for this mod and could send me a link to download them so I can try this mod out.
Thanks!

Or if anyone else has a similar mod they know of and could reference it to me I would very much appreciate it.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

benevolentdevil
Arma 2 Combined Operations - working but will no longer be updated

1) Download @DoS mod (A2 version) and extract to main installation folder  and add it to your launch parameters (make sure you are not using other mods or DayZ in command line).
2) Download the mission file (current v0.9) and extract the .pbo to either Missions folder (single player) or MPMissions (CooP/LAN)

Optional: you can install RH weapons pack for Arma 2 for extra gear.

Small letters, blue color of the above:

http://dayofsurvival.blogspot.com/p/download-and-install.html

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

benevolentdevil
Oooh ... the download links are broken ...

 I ... crap, I don't have a clean copy of DOS anymore either.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Slash Ghost 25
Oh well its fine. But would you happen to have any other mods that are similar to this in mind? I know Oliv82's mod Wasteland is very similar, but the only reason I don't play it is because of the Apache helicopters that lock onto you from a mile away xD. I want something that is survival based similar to DayZ, but after playing DayZ for months now with different mods, DayZ itself has become a little boring, so I'd like a type of survival game that has missions or objectives that need to be complete, similar to how this mod is. So if you have any mods in mind I'd appreciate it if you could share the links.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

benevolentdevil
 Yeah, Olive's version is decent, I agree with Ai choppers, sometimes ground patrols too ... I had one AI attack that had  a tank, well ... a small armored transport with a gun on it.
  Might as well be a tank.

 I can't think of any off the top of my head ...  Most involve a lot of zombies, or have the AI patrols.

  This is one reason I've been testing/fixing the real survival pack mod ... so I can create some new missions , similar to dayz survival, but not specifically locked to dayz code.

 I can't make dayz code work , I still don't know why ... I can load and play other people's missions , but creating my own, or editing is still a nightmarish frustration.

 Kinda aggravates me DoS went down ... well, I was aggravated when arma2 was stopped and he jumped to Arma3 , which aren't even the same mod, just ... similar.  I've heard from A3 players , the A3 version is buggy and broken too.

 But DoS did really need some kind of over-haul , it was very outdated in content and some subsystems.

 There is ummm ... " Survival of Chernarus" mission , if you google search for it, look for the ModDB pages, that was the only working version I found.  It isn't exactly "survival" as in needing food/drink , there are weapon crates everywhere, that randomly spawn weapons laying around.
Ai attacks you.
 I found it too outdated, and not interesting enough really.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Slash Ghost 25
Alright thanks, I'll give that mod a shot when I get the time.
And for the mod you have been "testing/fixing", is this a mod you might think about uploading to the forums when it is completed? Like I said I've bee wanting to get a mod for Arma 2 similar to DayZ but actually has something to do in it other than repeatedly looting the same stuff over and over, so something new and different but still similar would be nice.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Eric the Viking
It took me a while to find these files as I'd downloaded them some time ago.

I've re-upped them to Mediafire.

Mission File Chernarus

@DOS Mod

See this link for installation intructions.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Slash Ghost 25
Sweet, thanks Eric. I'll download this mod later this afternoon. Really appreciate what you did here.

Re: RELEASE: Day of Survival v0.91 [Updated 11/27/2014]

MrThirsty
Cheers Eric, downloading now
"Reality is for people who lack imagination"
123456