RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

1234 ... 7

RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.8 (new island and more!)

What's in this release:

Panthera:
Updated to the latest Panthera patch (1.8). Wich is built on 1.7.5.1 or 1.7.6.1.
I (THINK) you can tow cars with helicopters.

Vehicles:
Vehicles spawn like they do on MP. I followed the online map (http://dayzdb.com/map/panthera). Additional vehicles were added!

AI:
AI got a minimum spawnrange of 200 (they'll never spawn in your face more). And a maximum of 1000.
AI's loot got heavily reduced. They wont supply food for a week anymore.
The new 1.8 AI was added  (they patrol on the new island). (See second picture).
AI got a chance to drop Ghillie suit/Camo clothing.
AI will have a random rifle, a random pistol, a random backpack and a random tool. AI bandits around spawns will have low-tier weapons.

Panthera 1.8 WITH the building system.
Panthera 1.8 without the building system!

OLD
http://www.mediafire.com/?t4597qfj84fcz7w DaiZy Panthera SP

INSTRUCTIONS:  First of all, download DayZ Commander if you don't already have it. http://www.dayzcommander.com/

2. Download Panthera 1.8.
3. Make a folder called "@DaiZyPantheraSP". And then make a folder inside of that called "Addons".
4. Add all the Panthera files you downloaded from Commander, to the addons folder inside "@DaiZyPantheraSP".
6. Add the "DayZ_Code" + "DayZ_anim" from my folder, to the addons folder inside "@DaiZyPantheraSP".
7. Last but not least, put the "DaiZyPanthera18.panthera2" or "DaiZyPanthera18NOAI.panthera2" inside your "Mission" folder in your ArmA2 OA directory.
8. Make a new shortcut from the "ArmA OA beta patch" and add "-mod=@DaiZyPantheraSP" to the parameters.

Credits: AboveDayZ, Unknown, ZedHunter, Fedus_87, DayZ_SP, Niceonegunit.

Mission - AI credits> TLZombies Panthera server and their admins! (THIS WAS NOT A PART OF 1.8)!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

GhostsNightmare
Awesome man thanks!!!! Keep up the good work!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Thanks man! I've ran out of maps I can convert, though. D:

Any tips apart from Namalsk 0.72, Thirsk and Emita City? :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

fedus_87
 try
fdf podagorsk

isle duela

dingor: desert version of lingor
should be easy since the lingor is already done its all exacly the same just desert

and alot more here
http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_files_addons_islands
http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_oa_files_addons_islands

this is a map i plan on doing 1 day
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10839 but feel free to have a go at it aswell because idk when i will be able to start on it if ever i just have had it in mind for a while  and ill be on rc whenever you get on if you want to work on some stuff.

EDIT: well i kinda did the map i was saying i may never do before you replied lol

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Thank man, will take a look at some of these. Not a fan of Dingor, though. Hope someone else likes it. :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

nodata12
could you make a video on how to install all your SP maps/files. because i did everything you said throughout the whole thread but i still keep getting errors about things missing or deleted. or perhaps it's a version related issue. could you tell us what versions you used to make all the SP missions?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Sure, I guess I could make a video. Will have to be later on, though.

I used DayZ 1.7.4.4, and beta patch 99515.

What files does it tell you that you're missing? I'm pretty sure we can solve it easily.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

nodata12
i'm using both dayz v1.7.4.5 with beta patch 99515. followed all instructions. for example with celle i copied all the map files from @mbg_celle plus dayz 1.7.4.4 to DaiZy/Addons then i copied the dayz_code and dayz_anims over them and the mission file in missions

these are the missing files [img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/73/dayzcellemissingfiles.png[/img]

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

I will update the instructions, I think they're partly old.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

nodata12
thx i got everything working flawlessly now.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Awesome man! I'm really glad it worked out! I will try to work on an xmas release where I mod the shit out of a random map. =)

Have fun. :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

nodata12
looking forward to that :)

btw isn't this map something awesome? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12629
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukhurCs5MXQ

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Yah, that looks pretty dope. I will look into new maps when I've done with my new 2 projects. I will make a thread.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

nodata12
good to hear :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Charlie
Hello

I Make folder "@DaiZyPantheraSP", make a folder inside "Addons"
In "Addons" add files "Panthera", "DayZ 1.7.4.4" and "DayZ_Code + DayZ_anim"
"@DayZyPantheraSP" inside "Missions" folder

Always install mods manually, and run game mods open folder Arma2 OA and click on icon Betapach.

Then in game expansions appears "@DayZyPantheraSP" and "DayZPanthera"

Activating only "@DayZyPantheraSP" the game works
and activating "@DayZyPantheraSP" and "DayZPanthera" the game works too

What are the differences? I noticed that the landscape changes
I need to enable both or just one in expansions options?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

AboveDayZ wrote
Thanks man! I've ran out of maps I can convert, though. D:

Any tips apart from Namalsk 0.72, Thirsk and Emita City? :D
How about Fallujah?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

If you really, really want Fallujah, I'll convert it.

I never did because it has 1000000000000 buildings, and you can enter 0.1% of them. But as I said, if anyone wants it, I'll convert it asap.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Crap, I didn't know about this... I read somewhere that there is a similar map, with a big town but more buildings you can enter in (pretty much every one of them). Can't remember wich one it is though...

Edit : Dude, the more I think about a Fallujah Dayz, the more I want to try it... Surviving in a urban environment would be a whole new experience and gunfights with bandits in those streets must be thrilling! I hear Zagarbad is nice town-wise, but rather small compared to Fallujah.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

I've made Zargabad, and as you said it's really small. I like your idea, I will look into Fallujah and see what can be done. The limitation of loot might be something for this map actually. You'd be relying on bandit loot basically.

Fallujah does have 20 appartment buildings and stuff, it's just such a small % compared to the non-enterable buildings. But yah, I will look into this soon! :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Panthera 1.7 (1.7.4.4)

Nice! Thank you mate ;)
I have some general questions about v1.7.4.4... Is it possible to get IA to get in the vehicles? It seems that I can't get mines to perform the action - eventhough I'm able to give them the order.
I should mention that I couldn't find any drivable cars to try it.
And also, I can't blood bag my buddies :/
One of them is in the red and I can hear whimper in pain, but the blood bag option never pops up (I have 2 of them in my inventory). And those whimpers get on my nerves ;)

And again, thanks to you all guys for your work! I've bought Arma II two years ago and never actually played it (I'm not much of a multiplayer guy), until I discovered DayZ and DaiZy... I do love realistic games of any kind, and I reckon Arma II proposes one of the deepest gameplay in the genre. Being able to enjoy and customize it is just awesome.

Edit : forget my question about IA not getting into vehicles - I'm still figuring out arma2 command system...
But I still can't heal the survivors though :P
1234 ... 7