RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Bizniach
Morbius Thanks for putting this together had fun playing it. Any chance you finished the multiplayer version? I would love to play this with a few of my friends. Or is there a way for them to play this one? Thanks again!

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Haleks
There is one thing that keeps me enjoying this one : I get the disappearing/non-working HUD like in most 1.7.4.4+ code-based mission. The only thing that fixes it for me, is to play the AEG mission from ULTIMATE release, otherwise almost every map based on 1.7.4.4+ gives me that glitch. Would be nice to find a fix...

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Morbius, how did you make it so that the player got his MP profile face? And how would I go about adding it? I'd really appriciate help!

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Morbius
To be honest I have no idea how I got the MP profile faces to work. I think it might be some of the residule code from wasteland. I am looking through the code at the moment and I haven't found what has done this so your guess is as good as mine. For the MP version I am not working on on at the moment but it isn't hard to modify the mission yourself to fix it but I might knock one up soon. At the moment I am trying to get the respawn system to work with this version but it does seem to be cooperating. However I can modify the spawns say to decrease the military vehicle spawns, add in furniture (chairs, tables, etc.) and change the weapons and equipment that spawn in vehicles (watches, matches, hatchets). I would like to know what you guys would and wouldn't like me to change in that respect.

Also haleks I have the disappearing HUD problem too and it is bloody annoying; I have found a fix though. When the HUD disappears simply press escape and navigate to the graphics options (don't change anything) and close it up again and the HUD should reload itself. It isn't the perfect solution but it works for now.

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Morbius
TechnoScrabble wrote
So, I was given a mission to go find a jackal (it looks sort of like an APC/buggy with an HMG on the front), but when I got to it, I couldn't get in. Instead of a get in prompt on my mousewheel menu, I was provided with a teal 'player menu' prompt. So I pressed enter and got an error message saying I was missing something or other.
 The missions at the moment are broke because the ai aren't spawning. Normally when you kill the ai the vehicles unlock and you can drive away with it, but since there is no ai to kill you can't unlock it. Similarly the ammo caches and vehicles disappear when the mission fails so if you do manage to get the thing working it will probably despawn on you. This is top priority for the next update. Also the player menu is the old food/water system from wasteland which I disabled but haven't got rid of the action menu option yet.

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Alright. Thanks for checking. Would be dope as heck if we could have the MP profile by default for every mission.

I tried to add the client + server folders and the lines for it to work. But I would just get stuck on loading or not get the MP profile.

I know that you can just run the mission as MP (simply have the mission in the MPmission folder) and get the face, so if that helps you, please reply.

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Morbius wrote
When the HUD disappears simply press escape and navigate to the graphics options (don't change anything) and close it up again and the HUD should reload itself. It isn't the perfect solution but it works for now.
Yeah, I tried that, but the HUD doesn't actually work : it doesn't show if you are hungry/thirsty or bleeding :/

Above wrote
Does it work for every mission? :O

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Above wrote
I know that you can just run the mission as MP (simply have the mission in the MPmission folder) and get the face, so if that helps you, please reply.
Does it work for every mission? :O

Yes, it does. But it will likely lag you down as fuck, seeing as your hosting it. That's what happened to whoever hosted when I played LAN with a mate. And you gotta apply all skins twise, they will teleport you to the water and remove your gear. >_<

I'm still looking at the code, getting closer. But it's complicated. D:

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Btw, my HUD never disappear. >_>

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Wait... I just tried this, and I don't have my MP profile face. So it's yet to be explored. I guess you were just lucky, because I got the same "skin" as on the picture.

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Above wrote
Btw, my HUD never disappear. >_>
I checked my install and I'm pretty sure it's right, and I do have that annoying bug (like other users) on every 1.7.4.4 mission file. In my situation, the HUD (under 1.7.4.4 code) would only work on the DaiyZ_X_AEG.Chernarus.pbo... :/
tbh, this issue (added to the limits of friendly IA's - I think the player shouldn't have more than 2 at a time) is the one thing that keeps me from playing DaiZy at the moment. Hope you will have sorted out for the next release guys. ;)

EDIT : Actually it occurs on every chernareus mission files I tried, except the Ultimate and the V.0.50 Respawn missions.

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

brado
BRILLIANT Morbius...2 great MODS combined

I just had to play this ,,,Just wish i could stay alive to enjoy it   lasted all of 5 minutes,,But still i try as this is a great idea..
There are way too many Bandits..So tried to alter how good they were in the game option menu by scrolling them down to novice ..,,,,But this did nothing...........there were way to MANY still ,and just as DEADLY.
If there wasn't as many Bandits and they were'nt as good or altered by the games option like the other DayZ SP MODS....... (DaiyZ_X_AEG.Chernarus)......,This would be AMAZING.

Or hard and easy versions

So praying this can be altered..as this will be great to play

Much Thanks Morbius

Strange.... strange indeed. The only UI glitch I have is that the cross in the blood icon will appear when I start a save. I'm not bleeding or anything, the cross will just be there. But my UI is always there. >_>

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

brado

Yes Hud display disappears and dosent always reappear after ive gone to options..
Also sound has now gone low
Zombies are also just appearing most times i get out of truck to load something then bandits gun me down..

is anyone actaully lasting awhile without dying ?

im having to use "heal myself" and save every 3 minutes to try this mod out lol

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Haleks
brado wrote
Zombies are also just appearing most times i get out of truck to load something then bandits gun me down..
That's not a bug, but nothing will spawn while you're in a car; you have to get out to actually make Survivors, Bandits, Zeds & loot spawn. Wich is pretty annoying since it means that the player will never be ambushed while he's driving... (wich is something great in MP)

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

brado
@Haleks

Well i have been shot and killed a few times in a vehicle by bandits

But Maybe they spawned when i got out of the truck to load and they got me as ive come back through that area....
it doesnt matter what i drive i still get killed....either way no chance me surviving to long on this mod ......
just needs to be a little easier for me...  i have survived Dayz Multi player for a few weeks now with a dozen close calls....
but only time now till i end up like i have on this mod

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Haleks
Yeah I reckon the bandits are too numerous on this one; it's a goddamn civil war!

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Morbius
Right finally got the respawn system working along with the AI from v50 which should make things a lot easier. Check the changelog if you wanna know more. I tried to impliment a new vehicle spawning system so that there was a chance that a vehicle would spawn with a low grade weapon like a wichester or a DB shotty. That will have to hold off until the next update. Also still no luck fixing the HUD bug and the broken missions.

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Morbius wrote
Also still no luck fixing the HUD bug and the broken missions.

I really doubt it's because of the missions. I never had problems with this. :S

Not in any mission.

Re: RELEASE: Daizy Wasteland Chernarus v1.0

Above : I'm pretty sure it's mission-related; all Chernarus maps designed for the 1.7.4.4 code would give me this bug; so the only one I'm using at the moment is the file from the Ultimate AEG release wich is working fine with the same code... Other maps, or missions released before the 1.7.4.4 SP won't give me that bug either. I just don't know why you don't have it, but many users already reported the same issue... (Morbius included)
1234