RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.11d (25.12.2020)

123456 ... 12

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Oliv82
I found the problem and Ive added a hotfix file in Opening post

- checkHUD.sqf "uiNamespace" command is replaced by (str dayz_gui == "<NULL-script>") condition
- reloadHUD.sqf added scriptname (dayz_gui) to the spawn command

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Eric the Viking
Does the mod include any of the features that were common to Namalsk at the time it came out?

Namely, breath mist, snowing, severe temperatures + warm clothing?

Btw, nice work, as usual! :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Oliv82
the mod has been updated alternativly with chernarus Factions, and it's approximativly the same code for all features you can see in Chernarus

About Temperatures, there is a small code who consider the T° factor at 140m minimum (of seaLevel)
Higher you climb, faster your T° decrease, max altitude is Sajara Army Base, top of the antenna (and just a little higher)
Below 140m, rain, snow, wind, daytime have factors ofcourse like in Chernarus code, I think below 140m, its the same climat of Chernarus, but with possibility of snow (its included in the DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf script)
Wear clothes script is now the same of Chernarus mod, with 3 or 4 added Namalsk original warm clothes
2 sniper suit white or kaki
2 warm clothes white or green

Also Ive added a "far" fog effect (for every daytime) and a "local" fog (for night times only)
the "far" fog is active when player climb to a certain altitude to limit the visibility
+ dust and ash script (but now this feature is a function)

I think the feeling of the cold is pretty realistic with the environnement

Abouts the zeds, I think they are a little more agressive and you can feel everywhere, you are not safe :p

The whole island drips with menace....

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Eric the Viking
This post was updated on .
Oliv82 wrote
Install:
- Arma 2 AO required
- For Steam users: open launch parameters--> -mod=@CBA_CO;@DayZ_Namalsk_SP;-nosplash -showscripterrors
- For Beta shortcut users: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA_CO;@DayZ_Namalsk_SP" -nosplash -showscripterrors
So, question; what version of Arma 2 can we / should we be using?

Isn't the Steam version 1.63.131129? The last "Pre-Steam" Beta patch version was 1.63.112555?

For this Namalsk mod, which one are you using? (I note Chernarus mod uses Beta 112555).

EDIT: Well, seems a moot point because the game won't start with either version. Gets stuck on the 2nd "DayZ" screen after the "receiving" message. The following is the last entry in the .RPT;

"[NAC AII CLIENT] :: AII client INIT."
[3200,86.623,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[3200,86.646,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.1.196, "]
[3200,86.678,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-A:1, group=L 1-1-A, player=B 1-1-B:1 (Eric), _playerType="US_Delta_Force_Undercover_Takistani06_EP1", _playerGroup=B 1-1-B"]
[3202,86.869,0.131,"CBA_VERSIONING_SERVER: cba=1.0.1.196, "]
"DEBUG: loadscreen guard started."

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Oliv82
I think Beta versions are auto-updated by Steam, so ARMA2_OA_Build_112555.zip should be obsolete....

But it isnt the cause you are stucked by playing my mod, try to press any key or try Alt+Tab

Ive got problems on my main Windows 7 install, my ssd had crashed idk why, maybe bad bios settings..

I managed to back on Arma2 with my old Sata HDD, connect to Stream... for check updates..
all updates have done but now Ive this error message at start:

addon 'CA_Missions_ACR requires addon 'CA_Modules_ACR'

This bug is clearly a Arma2 devs critical bug and destroy the possibility to update/reload solo missions savestates

I cant do anything for now, I wait Arma2 devs to fix this **** quickly

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Eric the Viking
Hmm, initial reaction to this is a bad install especially if you're having HD problems.

Steam can do a "verify file integrity" scan which might help.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Ive tried with verifying files integrity
But I know where is the problem:
Arma2 devs have updated "Common" A2OA folder by adding some configs.pbo's:

- bootcamp_acr.pbo
- missions_acr.pbo
- Mountains_ACR.pbo
- Woodland_ACR.pbo

By moving/desactivate thoses files, all is back ok, and no more errors
A2 devs have forgot to fix some code in thoses pbo's
For the moment Ill check Steam update and check those 4 pbo's closely

Updates of my mods can back to normal :)

edit: Ive also been abled to rejoin (finaly) a 1.9.0 dayz official server
I played 1 hour alone, spawning at Berezino

1rst fact: no refill/refuel statics tanks feature (maybe Iam wrong because i had only a jerrycan, maybe a hose needed ?) or devs have deleted this feature
2nd fact: I will study the ignite of barrels system
3rd fact: Zeds are harmless and their speed of reactivity is horrible + not enough zeds spawn qty
4: Check_Stealth function seems to be updated to reduce detection while player is inside houses
5: Trash orientation on ground is fixed (finaly, maybe since long time but its ok now;"setPos" instead of "setPosATL" !)
6: ugly sky color settings (even with full health)
7: perfs are similars to my mod so iam happy

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Eric the Viking
I really don't understand why this doesn't work for me.

I left the game running (or stalled at the load screen) while I looked for solutions and found that the issue had advanced- the DayZ logo was much smaller with the word "LOADING" in red underneath it.

I found more in the .RPT file;

"DAYZ: CLIENT IS RUNNING DAYZ_CODE "1.7.6.1""
"PLOGIN: Initating"
"PLOGIN: Player Model Exists"
"PLOGIN: Player Ready"
"DEBUG: loadscreen guard ended."
"PLOGIN: Requesting Authentication... (42)"
"PLAYER RESULT: true"
"PLOGIN: authenticated with : ["42",[],[],[0,0,0],true,"1.7.6.1","US_Delta_Force_Undercover_Takistani06_EP1",true,false]"
If I hit ALT F4 and load the saved game, my character is in the ocean, has no gear and there is no HUD, loot or zeds.

Any thoughts?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Oliv82
I will check the init sequence, I know this part is few bugged

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Oliv82
v6.05 ready

Init sequence was bugged and generate script errors for vehicles damages / filling loot functions
Also fixed errors in init functions
I added a black screen to prevent to see player swimming at start

I hope it will be better now :)

Thank you mate, will test today (10am Sat here)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Eric the Viking
This post was updated on .
[Excuse the double post]

First, the good news, I'm now playing the game and all appears well. Bit of a convoluted process but we got there.

I dropped everything in a fresh folder and fired up the game - Pretty much the same thing happened as already described but it happened quicker; I was still left waiting at a loading screen (small one, red lettering on the word "loading") so I ALT F4. Load the save game, the character selection screen comes up - select a character and back to the loading screen so I ALT F4 again.

Load the save and appear on the shore - gear intact, UI showing and very, very, very cold - so cold that I keep passing out randomly. I use the heat packs in my inventory but I need 2 more to completely stop passing out. I stabilize and move to the nearest building (the construction zone on the northern tip of the east island) and see zombies and loot.

I've included my .RPT log of this entire gaming session, there was considerable (13Mb) spam in the log - I've trimmed it up, you'll see my comments where.

Anyway.....

And then, basically there just this f@cking awesome adventure of finding a working tractor, chasing a guy who tried shooting me with his shotgun but is out of ammo now, aren't you bastard child and I'm gonna chase you with my crowbar 'til I catch ya  - yeah, I got him -and found that can of sweet, precious food I needed so desperately.

[time passes]

And then there was the small military base were I found an AKM and a mag - then found 3 AI to test it on....

[time passes]

I'm now in the military base to the west of the northern city (it's name escapes me). There are so many zombies and they just keep spawning in without pause. I've already killed one bloodsucker (4 AK mags) and another one has appeared and, to top it off, I have a bandit helicopter now strafing me. It's a bit much TBH so I might disable the bloodsuckers I think.

I noted the radiation signs. "Meh" I though as a drove over one of the signs - only to drive over another in my panic to escape the radiation zone - crikey! that's a damn quick way to die!

LOL, having a good time none the less.

Arma2OA_RPT.zip

Nice work as usual work mate.

I lit a fire barrel and watched it intently for teleporting - nothing happened, it simply started having fire coming out of it, smooth as silk. Perhaps I just saw the nasty ones on Chernarus because there's less CPU cycles available on that bigger, cluttered map?

EDIT: I started a new game, this time I paid more attention to the sequence of events - here's a new RPT file, I've edited the file showing the start and finish of each part and what was happening.

Arma2OA_RPT_2.zip

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Thanks for the feedback Eric

Ive checked both yours rpt files:
Some GUI loc vars are not detected in "player_updateGui.sqf"
"isServer" command seems to freeze game at "red Namalsk icon"

+ minor bug I forgot to fix in Namalsk version (Error in expression <etVariable "myBreathingParticleLogic");
(this bug appear after loading save)

in "missions\1987FACTIONS_Namalsk_v605.namalsk\init.sqf":

line 11 ([] spawn player_monitor;)
place this line command between line 77 and 79 (try also after "execVM "intro.sqf";")
(it should fix GUI errors)

Try also with reactivating "isServer" command (line 33)
line 1: must be:
//isServer = false;
line 33: must be:
isServer = true;
(it should fix freeze at red Namalsk icon)

About the minor bug:
in "missions\1987FACTIONS_Namalsk_v605.namalsk\reloadHUD.sqf":

Remove last lines 39 and 40

<quote author="Eric the Viking">
I lit a fire barrel and watched it intently for teleporting - nothing happened, it simply started having fire coming out of it, smooth as silk. Perhaps I just saw the nasty ones on Chernarus because there's less CPU cycles available on that bigger, cluttered map?

Better code effect )
The new code create the new barrel at exact position(with 4 decimals), then instantly remove the old barrel type
(old code used collision parameters, thats explained the "TP" effect)

About Namalsk map, Ive tested by removing dayz heavy interations codes, the gain of performance is 2 or 3 fps
Sadly Namalsk map isnt well optimized as Chernarus, particulary at Vorkuta and Hospital (with heavy iterations codes or not)
And the numbers of objects added in editorMap dont explain this lose of fps

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Eric the Viking
This post was updated on .
You seem well on top of it with that selection of fixes. :)

Problem is I'd need to start another new game to test that and I don't want too - I'm having too much fun!

I will edit the reloadHUD.sqf though since I think this won't affect my existing game.

Fire barrels: I can now see why they work so much better and with this new code I'm a convert - but - on Chernarus you upped the spawn rate on a box of matches - on Namalsk they are like rocking horse shit - impossible to find. The only box I found was on a dead AI. It does make sense that they would be rare, given the climate.

Does this use a different loot spawning system? I've noticed some odd behavior. For example, I'm at the hospital complex, checking one of the hospitals, loot is around, wander over to the supermarket, loot is about, head to the second hospital, nothing at all, down to the school/office nothing at all, back into the first hospital and everything is gone, same with the supermarket but now the school has loot... I'm within 100 meters of all these buildings at all times and this seems very different to what I've experienced before.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Oliv82
I played a "full" game of 4~5 hours and I admit it was hard to stop the game because something was wrong...

- Zeds spawn too fast and too much qty despite my limiter code...
I think I have fixed the problem, I need more tests to validate the new code fix (just 1 line placed lower in conditions)

- Zeds agro ai's and follow them but they dont attack once ai's are static and dont shot
I test actualy for add a fix for this

About loot chances, i hadnt modified anything, matchboxes still unchanged since long time, you have no luck if you cant find it !

Eric the Viking wrote
Loot spawn conditions are differents of old versions, Ive noticed the same thing you raised
I think to know where is the problem but it isnt a priority for the moment

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Eric the Viking
Oliv82 wrote
About loot chances, i hadnt modified anything, matchboxes still unchanged since long time, you have no luck if you cant find it !
I literally have not found a single one on the ground and only taken them off dead AI. No luck is right! ;)

Oliv82 wrote
I think to know where is the problem but it isnt a priority for the moment
The thing, it does work ok, on a whole. It is annoying to find a RPG backpack, run the 30 meters to the vehicle to drop your exisiting backpack off and return to find it gone... but yes, all in good time.

Bug Report:

* Killing AI in vehicles (helicopters or cars) results in this error;

File missions\__cur_sp.namalsk\scripts\compile\fn_unitDropMoney.sqf, line 11
Error in expression <then {
_unit spawn {
waitUntil {vehicle _unit == _unit};
sleep 2;
_unitPos = get>
  Error position: <_unit == _unit};
sleep 2;
_unitPos = get>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
The error spams the .RPT until you exit or reload a save.

* The following is throughout (1000's) the RPT;

Center for exposure map of Agent 0x3a806040 not available
House not found in the list
House 22621d00# 150071: x_vetraci_komin.p3d (from) not found in the operative map
* I don't seem to able to find in now but there was also an error showing which seemed repeatable; From the airfield, head north towards a tower and there's a couple of ruined houses and a boat house on the waters edge - I both occasions I approached this area I got warnings about a loot spawn issue - this hasn't appeared anywhere else.

*************************

I noted the "pickup money" command. I thought "Hmm, we wouldn't be picking up money if we couldn't spend it" I found where to spend it :D Nice! :D

Question about anti-rad pills - the radiation zones seem very harsh and these pills a way to remove the radiation from us but are there means to protect ourselves - or not yet?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Oliv82
This post was updated on .
Ive reworked zeds and loots spawn system,
old code what you played with had code logics problems in iteration loop, the problem is fixed

The zeds spawn system have been reworked deeper and I finaly managed to add a "limiter" code
(but it was very tricky)

The zeds behaviour near npc's seems to be ok now, they do the attack animations even if they dont shot or move

zombie_generate.sqf: little fix
few zeds behaviours scripts minor fixes
fn_unitDropMoney.sqf fixed (this script had a lot of script errors, logics errors, work now)
eventHandlers minors fixes on all ai's spawns scripts
fnc_unitDropMoney is now a function (useless, just for the style)

Eric the Viking wrote
Question about anti-rad pills - the radiation zones seem very harsh and these pills a way to remove the radiation from us but are there means to protect ourselves - or not yet?
Pills decrease faster the "irradiation" level but can be also used before enter a rad zone
Customs skins have differents values of rad resistance too, but even the best skin have a limited effect, but its better than nothing
I will try to add hazmat suits in future, if I found something I like abouts community mods

Eric the Viking wrote
syntax error in loots positions arrays of "land_marsh2", fixed

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Eric the Viking
Thanks for those fixes Oliv82, you make it look easy... ;)

Oliv82 wrote
Customs skins have differents values of rad resistance too
By "custom skins" do you mean other clothing that you can find? I tend to stay in the clothes I spawned with because it make me feel more like a survivor. Which clothes will give the best protection against radiation. You mentioned you had added warn clothes - where can these be found?

On the rad pills - I have only one at Object A2 and I haven't seen them at any military bases - do they spawn anywhere else

Oliv82 wrote
I will try to add hazmat suits in future, if I found something I like abouts community mods
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18238

Not sure how good it is....

It's getting hard to find Arma 2 DayZ Mod things because SA is more and more being referred to as "DayZ"

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Namalsk v6.04 (02.03.2018)

Oliv82
Yes I mean clothes you can find on loots

rad protection of clothes isnt a exact science and values isnt realistics but relative values are approximativly correct by checking visual of each clothes (or suit)

The regular survivor clothes (the one with you start the game) is set at 18
The best is set at 34
You can check values of all in "fn_temperatur.sqf" (if you really want)

There is 2 mods for arma2 about hazmat suits
Ill check this later but thx for the info Eric

I still work on zeds spawn code, and test on every conditions
123456 ... 12