RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v11.32b (20.10.20)

1234567 ... 26

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Mixxed177
I have few suggestion
1.add a bit more zombies (if i go to elecktro i may see only few zeds)
2.reise normal loot a bit as well (i can found only empty tin cans in whole elecktro)
and when i open that debug monitor it will be open only few mins bug or ?

But this mod is awesome!!!!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Oliv82
v8.2
Player sleep script: - Amount of blood is now random 180
                          - Loots reset after sleep
                          - Player t° -0.6 after sleep

@Xeno & @Mixxed177:

Thanks for support, I don't have enough time to play/test this mod but I think Its close to be finished, I will try to play more to check gameplay

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Eric the Viking
This is a great Mod and thank you Oliv82 for creating it and continuing to support it after all this time.

I've been playing this mod quite a bit. I wish I'd taken a screen shot of my last game and the fleet of vehicles I'd accumulated.

I do like some of the touches you've added (the cargo drop for example) and the general atmosphere is right on the mark.

Things I've noted: (these are not complaints or things than need to be fixed btw :)) and for others POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT AHEAD!

The "An2 Calldrop" uses up your radio - such a valuable item when who is friendly and who is not is so important. Without the radio, survivors shoot me, helicopter travel is risky (I've been shot down by both bandits and survivors).

The vehicle patrols are great but it can make it a little easy to get a vehicle: But, and I'm not sure if this is intentional, the vehicles seem to have an affinity for the faction for which they spawn - a bandit car remains a bandit car even in my possession which can (I think) make me a target. In my second game one of my challenges is not to use an bandit / survivor vehicles, only the ones I fix.

There are so many vehicles around the map (gotta collect 'em all!! (one of each actually :)) but it's a bugger relocating them without a tow or heli lift script. I could use the Teleport cheat but it's not an elegant solution to the problem.

Weapons: I like the focus of the weapons, makes a lot of sense keeping them in character with the theme of the mod. But, I really miss the scoped DMR and many of the exotic U.S guns, scopes, silenced guns. Loot is a big part of the game for me, you just never know when you might find the weapon of your dreams.

I would like to build a base (using the elements already in the game) but I need a good location. Given my main focus is the accumulation of vehicles, I'm gonna need a big car park.... I'd like to build at the NE airport, lots of flat ground. Oliv82, can you please tell me where the 'safezone' value is so that I might customize it with my own coordinates?

The rate of Zed and NPC AI seems inline with the spirit of the mod. You never quite know when you're going to find yourself deep in trouble. I like to see a bandit (note the singular ;)) appear early on because they always have better weapons than I.

Are there Bandit and survivor camps? I know the description says there are but I've never come across any. Oliv82, in a previous message you said you where going to 'upgrade' the defenses / area around your favorite spot, the supermarket at Zelenogorsk - did you ever do this? I can't recall going there yet (pacing my exploration :)) so I'd like to check the place out as a forward base.

Anyway, there are a ton of great SP mods and they all have a particular theme or focus but I think that this is the best all-round mod there is. And it works, completely, without fault (that I've found). The amount of work, attention to detail and polishing that has gone on is simply fantastic. Well done Oliv82, this really is an work of art! :)

Cheers,

Eric

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Oliv82
Thanks for the feedback Eric!

I played this mod yesterday, the loots are OK, zeds quantity and respawn times are OK, bandits and helis/cars patrols respawn delays are OK, well I didnt saw any things inexpected -for me- all seems to be OK about those points

After 2~3 hours playing in Electro, ~14 zeds walking around me, 6 bandits killed (1 was the gunner of a bandit patrol car), ~30 zeds killed with AK-74 GP-30 Kobra or revolver

The respawn of friendly survivor AI is pretty long and the trigger range is relatively small, so I didnt managed to check if survivor shoot me without the radioItem
I will check that by testing (modifying triggers on map editor)
My "An2 calldrop" script don't change anything about behaviour NPC's if you have (or not) the radioItem, weird...

I worked about bandits car patrols script but I didnt managed to fix the reinitialization of damage when bandits leave the vehicle :(

Eric the Viking wrote
I'm not sure if this is intentional, the vehicles seem to have an affinity for the faction for which they spawn - a bandit car remains a bandit car even in my possession which can (I think) make me a target. In my second game one of my challenges is not to use an bandit / survivor vehicles, only the ones I fix.
The vehicle of the "bandit patrol" is considered neutral, if you manage to steal the vehicle, a bandit shoot directly you, not the car, I think the script have done to reproduce this AI behaviour but I will check again!

About Tow/lift a vehicle, I'm not very interrested to add a script like that... sorry ^^

You can find DMR on this mod and others few nice guns (especialy 1 thermal sight weapon and 1 NV sight weapon) but the chance decrease with the value of the riffle/gun! You can find them on crashes sites but very low chance of spawn ^^
So even if you loot all crashes sites (~12 sites I cant remember) you have a very bad luck if you don't find the dream weapon :p

THe safe zone is situed between Novy and Stary Sobor on the south small road, I think there is enought place to park 3 helis, and 1 dozen of vehicles

About bandits and zeds, the damage points are very increase to balance the leak of zeds/bandits quantity, by the same way, you waste approximatively the same qty of ammo by killing 4x more zeds/bandits without the custom damage script, you can of course save your bullets by headshoting

About Survivor camps, there arent exist, I placed the respawn triggers them near water pump, residentials houses per exemple..., but no custom buildings was added for them
Zelenogorsk is slighly customized you will see, but not spectacular ^^, just to balance a leak of a certain type of buildings on this part of the map :)

Eric the Viking wrote
Anyway, there are a ton of great SP mods and they all have a particular theme or focus but I think that this is the best all-round mod there is. And it works, completely, without fault (that I've found). The amount of work, attention to detail and polishing that has gone on is simply fantastic. Well done Oliv82, this really is an work of art! :)
Thanks!  I worked to add the main scripts/mods what very needed in my opinion for best balanced "survival/shooting" RPG like :) But the idea is mainly to begin the game with a 50% chance to die or not :p
For my Dayz last story, I was very close to die (~400 blood :p) but I was able to up at +3500 blood :)

Edit: I will try to fix definitively the annoying little refuel script bug, it's tested and seems to be fixed now but not tested in a "real" gameplay atm
So I work again for an update v8.3

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Eric the Viking
Oliv82 wrote
I played this mod yesterday, the loots are OK, zeds quantity and respawn times are OK, bandits and helis/cars patrols respawn delays are OK, well I didnt saw any things inexpected -for me- all seems to be OK about those points
The whole mod works well I feel. I have tight moments of resources but can find other ways to eat or drink for example. It can be very tough, depending where you spawn, in the early part of the game with no food or water.

Re the radio: I had survivors shoot me. But if I have a radio, they do not shoot me. I'm not complaining about this just noting that this was my experience. :) Really, I think this behavior suits the mod - if I don't have a radio, how can I communicate I'm friendly to a NPC.

The only reason I mention the bandit vehicles is because when I "look" at them in-game their names appear in the red lettering and then they revert to neutral grey. It's not really a problem for me. I've never noticed any odd behavior with the bandit vehicle health nor had any issues with refueling any vehicle. I did plow a bandit helicopter into the ground. Um, I was testing it, honestly - it didn't repair itself. :D

Oliv82 wrote
About Tow/lift a vehicle, I'm not very interrested to add a script like that... sorry ^^
I wasn't asking or expecting you to add it :)

Oliv82 wrote
You can find DMR on this mod and others few nice guns (especialy 1 thermal sight weapon and 1 NV sight weapon) but the chance decrease with the value of the riffle/gun! You can find them on crashes sites but very low chance of spawn ^^
I did find one DMR but it didn't have a scope on it. But I look forward to discovering the others. :)

Oliv82 wrote
THe safe zone is situed between Novy and Stary Sobor on the south small road, I think there is enought place to park 3 helis, and 1 dozen of vehicles
Yes, I found the safe zone - but do you remember where the script entries are that define this safe zone? - I have found entries in the mission PBO file (mission.sqm I think it was) that defines where a player/vehicles can spawn but not the specific entry for the current safe zone - I'd simply like to alter its location to suit myself.

Oliv82 wrote
About bandits and zeds, the damage points are very increase to balance the leak of zeds/bandits quantity, by the same way, you waste approximatively the same qty of ammo by killing 4x more zeds/bandits without the custom damage script, you can of course save your bullets by headshoting
I like the toughness level of the bandits & zeds. It is a little disconcerting emptying a 30 round AK magazine into a bandit and seeing him still standing - but that is an extreme example.

*

In my first game using this mod, I spawned in Kamenka. I've played enough Dayz to know that's a crap spawn. But I decided to see where it would take me. I found a bunch of useful things to repair a car with but no food or water. And then there was the guy with the AK who appeared out of the fog and shot me.

Managed to get away from him. And when he was distracted by a zed, I sneaked him behind him and gave him a good hatcheting - this is how I got my first AK. :)

Cheers,

Eric

EDIT: I'm planning on starting a new game - will any of your updates affect an existing game save?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Oliv82
I have tested quickly the radioItem with a spawned survivor in electro
and I didnt see any problem ... I used the radio at Balota airfield and nothing anormal happened ...
My survivor AI was all time friendly with or without radio, before and after activate an2 calldrop

By my experience, I think the radioItem just activate the voices of AI

Eric the Viking wrote
The only reason I mention the bandit vehicles is because when I "look" at them in-game their names appear in the red lettering and then they revert to neutral grey. It's not really a problem for me. I've never noticed any odd behavior with the bandit vehicle health nor had any issues with refueling any vehicle. I did plow a bandit helicopter into the ground. Um, I was testing it, honestly - it didn't repair itself. :D
:p

About SafeZone, there is no script for that, the base is situed far from towns, and the wild zeds have been desactived (setted at 0), then no zed spawn in forests :)
Personnaly I have never seen zeds approaching this location, even making noise flying over the base with my heli

Haaaa Kamenka !! If I remember, Ive never abled to survive with this spawn location especialy with the rain :p

Eric the Viking wrote
Managed to get away from him. And when he was distracted by a zed, I sneaked him behind him and gave him a good hatcheting - this is how I got my first AK. :)
You should feel better just with the AK :p great kill :)

About save games, I am not 100% sure but I recommand you to replay a new game :(

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Anonymous
@Eric the Viking

I too find myself coming back to this mod as I have had problems with the newer builds. This one uses 1.7.6.1 which I have found to work the best for me (more stable for SP plus I dont like the cartoonish status icons on 1.8). Inspired by Oliv82's customizations, I began to experiment with adding new scripts & features that fit my play style. Here is where I found a lot of ideas: http://opendayz.net/threads/resources-dayz-server-additions.9003/ . I added a towing script that seems to work fine so far. Here is a video on how to install it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp2nGDN6jGM . I also added a bandit base that spawns in 1 of 5 random locations and I copied the tent spawn script from another Daizy version. I added a dog companion script from here: http://opendayz.net/threads/simple-tutorial-dogs-on-taviana.11278/ . The dog can be a little buggy but works fine most of the time.

@Oliv82

I have also had issue with the refuel script. It seems to work at the mission start but after revert/resume, it stops working.

I appreciate all the work that has been put in to this by Haleks and Oliv82 which has inspired me to learn Arma scripting (mostly through trial & error).

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Eric the Viking
@ Anonymous

Thanks for that :) I tried the tow script but it doesn't seem to work for me. I tried using the vehicles which are allowed to tow (Ural) but nothing worked and I followed the instructions to the letter.

Cheers,

Eric

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Anonymous
@Eric the Viking

Here is a link to download my mission file (backup your original & start a new game):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20875541/DaiZyFactions1987weapmod.chernarus.pbo

You can open it and compare to yours. I had to add a lot of vehicles to the tow & towable list.
Oliv82 used different version of some for variety and they were not on the "stock" list that comes with the script. For example, there are 3 version of the Ural ZU23 (CDF, GUE, INS):
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Vehicles

Good luck!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Oliv82
I m focused on the refuel script atm

It seems if you don't use the refuel script before the 1rst save of your game, the refuel script will never work after that :(
If I remember, this script have been made for server, maybe thats why it doesnt work correctly...

I really don't know how to fix it

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Anonymous
Yeah, its line in init.sqf is supposed to go here:

if (!isDedicated) then
{
       [] execVM "scripts\breathfog.sqf";
       [] execVM "scripts\kh_actions.sqf";

};

The breathfog script seems to work but the refuel scripts stops after you revert/resume.
BTW. I cheat repaired a vehicle and used the refuel script before saving and resuming and it still stopped working. I was going to try listing refuel script first to see if that made a difference but have not got to it yet.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Oliv82
I just tried also to add refuel line command in "compiles.sqf", the refuel script still doesnt work after resume game :(

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Anonymous
Hey, I found a different version of the kh refuel script that seems to work :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20875541/kh_vehicle_refuel.rar

I put the 2 files in the root of the mission folder and changed the line in init.sqf to call the new one:

if (!isDedicated) then
{
       [] execVM "scripts\breathfog.sqf";
       [] execVM "kh_actions.sqf";

I reverted and resumed 8 to 10 times and it still worked. However, this version only works at actual gas station pumps. I suppose you could add the other fuel tanks to the list of sources but I think it is more realistic to have the auto fuel at the gas stations and use the jerry cans at the old tanks near barns.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Oliv82
Many thanks Anonymous !

This new refuel script seems to work fine for me too :) I keep this script for the next update !

Anonymous wrote
I reverted and resumed 8 to 10 times and it still worked. However, this version only works at actual gas station pumps. I suppose you could add the other fuel tanks to the list of sources but I think it is more realistic to have the auto fuel at the gas stations and use the jerry cans at the old tanks near barns.
Good idea, I prefer this way too, we can "imagine" gas stations have "pumps" working while auto-refueling, fuel tanks have no pumps so the manual refuel with jerrycans is more realistic :)

I have worked on player spawns, I'm a bit bored to spawn at the same locations along south coast and near Chernogorsk or Electro, I decided to change it on east coast, I think it will increase a bit the difficulty and mainly because the aground ship is situed at the east coast :)

So for the moment my update v8.4 list is:

-Original Mp5sd restored instead of "marseille77" Mp5sd on wrecks loots files
-Refuel script fixed after resume a save game
-Minors change locations/fuel quantity of few vehicles
-Player spawns locations changed (now player spawn only at east coast of Chernarus but still far from Berezino)
-1 customized FoodBox added just for the aground ship

I will play for a long time to check all :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Anonymous
Sounds good. A couple of suggestions:

Twice I have gotten an error  message about missing gun textures while approaching a Heli crash site.
(I should have written down the specific gun model, sorry).

I have been trying to add a script to show remaining inventory slots in vehicles and tents.
(one of the features of the newer Dayz builds that I really like).

Thanks again for your efforts!

This error message was only for 1 specific gun ? where was the crash site you had the message ?

I am pretty sure it was 2 different guns. something about missing texture for a .paa file.
I know 1 time was up on the hill in Klen. I don't remember the other location.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Oliv82
mmm... I didnt saw any bug message of missing texture... I checked ~30 crashes sites without problem so far
Are you sure to have the good files updates ? If I remember, I fixed the missing textures since v8.0, maybe you have customized loots ?...

I will restart a fresh new game for testing again

new update:
crashes loots tables very slightly modified

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Anonymous
I am not sure what version. I downloaded it in early February. I will re-download and install your latest 8.4 and let you know if I get it again.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy FACTIONS Chernarus 1987 v8.1 (updated 26.01.14)

Oliv82
v8.4 update link

So far i didnt see any bug with this one :)

Edit:I think I found why you had missing textures! I think the problem was the Mp5sd mod of "Marseille77"
I prefered to restore to original because it was not perfectly modded :(
1234567 ... 26