RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

123456 ... 41

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Haleks
Ultrazen wrote
can also add this little script that lends itself well to 2018 I think:

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-drink-water-v2-0.13493/
Otherwise I found once scrap metal , I began to tell me that you had deleted. And not a single rotor since I play this mod :)
Thanks for the script man! I've been trying to set up something like that for days!
It's already included and working for the next update; I've made a few modifications to it.
I've also noticed that the rotor part seems to be missing in the 1.8.0.3 loot tables. I don't know if they forgot them or I deleted them, but I added them back (low spawn chance though).

I've also done some cleaning in the code right after I read your message. There was one line I missed that could eventually break the script.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Luke wrote
Ok sorry for the full on noob question but can we set up bases in this ? I want to 'borrow' one of the more isolated houses and board it up but im kinda new to the game and i'm not sure how to do it haha, If i cant then that will be why i cant figure it out and the obvious next question is, Will you be adding it to 2018 ? Sorry again for being a noob but i've only been playing dayz for a few weeks and i was after something to play while my mates offline
Not included right now :/
I might add it once I'm sure the new code is 100% working.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Ultrazen

Haleks wrote
Thanks for the script man! I've been trying to set up something like that for days!
with pleasure Haleks ;) Thank you for your work

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Luke
Ok sweet :) Cheers bud

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Updated changelog for the upcoming update :
- Improved snow weather (now dynamic). It will affect the player's temperature.

- Balanced loot table.

- Remove breath fog for units wearing gas masks.

- Fixed : survivors wearing gasmasks didn't have any name.

- Ability to place tents inside buildings & on roofs.

- Remove SVD Camo from bandits & loot tables; add RPK 74 machinegun to the loot tables.

- Dismissed units will go to the nearest town or village, rather than going all the way back to the coast.
A short message will display the name of the town the unit is going to.

- Rotor repair part added back to the loot table (very low spawn chance).

- Added drink at wells & ponds script with a few modifications.

- dayz_code improvements & modifications.

- Fixed : player was unable to cook goat meat & fishes.
I've spent quite some time on the snow script : I'm using this one written by nvdm as a template (rather than just trhowing in a game logic :/), but it needed lots of improvements/fixes (it was overriding the Dynamic Weather script with brutal transitions).
Should be ready within a couple of days!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Steve Zissou
Hi Haleks,

If only modders were paid for their work.

I wondered if you'd ever consider adding debris removal like in the Epoch mod?  i.e. As long as the player has a toolbox and crowbar, they can gradually clear the road ahead and possibly gain an industrial item.

Of course, you could alter the loot options to also include trash, or if you were so inclined, a relatively small chance of gashing yourself and becoming infected.  A risk/reward system.

One other thing, and I don't know if this is DayZ being DayZ or if it can be fixed by modding, but whenever I pick up a load of empty cans and place them down elsewhere (hey, sometimes you have to loot-farm areas, right?) the items auto-sort into a different order within your inventory or backpack, which makes it really fiddly to click on when you're moving them around.  I guess it's an indexing issue because so many of these trash items are identically named.

Just some food for thought.

Thanks again.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

xeno
DaiZy 2017, the ultimate survival experiencie, continues  . 2107 it's the only mod from this forum that I like it, and 2108 will be much better.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Ultrazen

c'est bon ça !!

Question, Vue que tu implantes la neige serait il possible d'arriver a avoir ce type d'effets a la 1ere personne (formation de givre au bord d’écran) qui se déclencherai quand la barre de température est au plus bas ??

Je trouve ça Top ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3PTrOOd_ds#%20t%20=%200m30s

j'ai vu un sujet qui traite de cela pour arma ici

_____________________

Question,if  you implanted snow would it be possible to get to have this type of effect has the first person (frost to the screen edge) i when the bar is at the lowest temperature?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3PTrOOd_ds#%20t%20=%200m30s

I saw a topic that discusses this for arma  here </ a>

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Ultrazen wrote
Is this the effect for getting cold?!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Ultrazen
Above wrote
Ultrazen wrote
Is this the effect for getting cold?!
Yes Above

I do not want a permanent trigger the formation of ice (it's ridiculous to have frost and green grass as the capture) but rather to bind to port the mask and the presence of snow. One can imagine that the removal of the mask clears frost but dangerously increases the temperature drop :).

_________________________

je ne souhaite pas un déclenchement permanent de la formation du givre (c'est ridicule d'avoir du givre et de l'herbe bien verte comme sur la capture) Mais plutot de le lier au port du mask et a la présence de neige. On peut imaginer que le retrait du masque retire le givre mais augmente dangereusement la chute de temperature :).

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Download link down for about half an hour : I'm uploading v1.1!

@Ultrazen : the frozen effect is a bit extreme to my liking, but it is a nice idea.
I might work on something similar at some point.

Sweet, it's arguably realistic or not. But it's amazing in my eyes.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 [25/01/2014 UPDATED]

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 [25/01/2014 UPDATED]

Ultrazen
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 [25/01/2014 UPDATED]

Just noticed that the new intro breaks the player breath fog... T_T
I'll upload a hotfix ASAP, and then work on improving the introduction (it should be a proper cutscene with an option to skip it).

EDIT : Changelog for tomorrow's hotfix :

Fixed : intro sequence was breaking the player breath fog script.
Fixed : Sometimes the player would crash right after the cutscene.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 [25/01/2014 UPDATED]

Ultrazen
il semble que je ne puisse pas dépecer chèvre ou réparer véhicule

it seems that I can not cut up goat or repair vehicle

Might be a problem with the self_actions file & the new intro... Can you pick up flares?

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 [25/01/2014 UPDATED]

Ultrazen
Haleks wrote
Ultrazen wrote
il semble que je ne puisse pas dépecer chèvre ou réparer véhicule

it seems that I can not cut up goat or repair vehicle
Might be a problem with the self_actions file & the new intro... Can you pick up flares?
oui je peux choisir les flair et les utiliser , en revanche quand j'ai la hache dans l'emplacement du sac a dos , je ne peux pas la selectionner avec le menu déroulant..

oui probablement un probleme avec self_actions,

yes i can choose the flair and use, however when I ax in the location of backpack, I can not select the dropdown menu ..

yes probably a problem with self_actions,

Edit: encore une fois j'avais rien compris effectivement on ne peux pas ramasser les flairs

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 [25/01/2014 UPDATED]

Haleks
Ultrazen wrote
Haleks wrote
Ultrazen wrote
il semble que je ne puisse pas dépecer chèvre ou réparer véhicule

it seems that I can not cut up goat or repair vehicle
Might be a problem with the self_actions file & the new intro... Can you pick up flares?
oui je peux choisir les flair et les utiliser , en revanche quand j'ai la hache dans l'emplacement du sac a dos , je ne peux pas la selectionner avec le menu déroulant..

oui probablement un probleme avec self_actions,

yes i can choose the flair and use, however when I ax in the location of backpack, I can not select the dropdown menu ..

yes probably a problem with self_actions,

Edit: encore une fois j'avais rien compris effectivement on ne peux pas ramasser les flairs
The switch weapon option not being available is a small glitch you can fix by switching weapons from the gear menu (use the arrows on the right side).
And yes, you're actually supposed to be able to pick up flares - if you can do so, it would mean that the self_actions file is working.
About the vehicle you can't fix : do you have a toolbox, and what kind of vehicle is it?

EDIT : scratch what I just wrote : so you can't pick up flares. Meaning that self_actions is indeed broken.
In that case, I can tell you that it will be fixed tomorrow : the new intro was breaking both this file & the breath fog for the same reasons. ;)
123456 ... 41