VERY OUTDATED: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

VERY OUTDATED: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit
This post was updated on .

Seeing as Unknown and zedhunter have supposedly dropped off the face of the earth, I can't really say if it's official or unofficial. So we'll just leave it as unofficialofficial.

This release will focus more or less on bugfixes and polish. Some new features have been added, but I don't really want to add anymore. Features can be suggested if you want, but it is extremely unlikely they'll make any appearance. Let's get down to business.

NOTE: As this is an alpha, not all features have been implemented/are working as intended. Keep this in mind.

WARNING: Bandits may cause a 30 second freeze once they spawn. PLEASE test this out more, I need to figure out if it's just me having this issue or not. If so, then this will need to be fixed ASAP

- Features!
- Respawn! Yup, you heard it right. Respawn.
If you die, you'll get this sad cinematic death coupled with KIA music from Ghost Recon 1(Oh the memories). Yes, you actually die, no tricks or anything. No hidden AI dieing. Your character is dead forever. You got him/her killed and now he/she is no longer among us, good job.

- AI bandit and survivors more aware!(I hope)
Not really aware, but they move around a lot like players now, and land their shots. On your face.

- AI bandits enter houses!
Bandits will now patrol buildings, so now you can't say:
"Pshh, bandits are too stupid to come inside, I'm safe here."
Because you'll be wrong. Oh so wrong.

- Better AI dispersion!
Bandits/survivors spawn in far more places, making appearances in most cities but also in random areas.

- Random Survivors!
These guys act like bandits, they roam around, and kill things. They are friendly but tend to die a lot

- Day/Night cycle repaired!

No longer is the game synced to real time.
Daytime lasts for 24 minutes rather than 24 hours!
Night and day at last!

v1.0 undocumented changes:

- Unique airfield stuff!
Airfields yield AT LEAST ONE aerial vehicle. It can be either a Huey, Littlebird, or AH2 Biplane. They will not spawn repaired, obviously.

- Bugfixes!

- Ghillie suits and camo gear works now!
Hooray! Zombies, bandits, loot, everything finally works!

- Stupid AI pathfinding somewhat patched up!
The AI likes to ignore you completely, and they still tend to do so. They seem to shoot at you a lot more now though.

- Changelog!
v1.1
- Added random backpacks.
- Fixed game-breaking game freezes related to bandits.
- Added two undocumented additions to the list.
- Added bandit faction change. Bandits will shoot each other, but rarely, two or more bandits will team up against you/other bandits/zombies/survivors.

v1.0
-Initial Release

WARNING: THIS MISSION WAS MADE A LONG TIME AGO FOR A DAYZ VERSION WHICH I'M UNSURE EXISTS ANYMORE
- Download!
Download!

I'll continue updating this with all the new stuff I add/fix.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

AzzaR4
Sounds Fantastic, Ill set it up tonight and test it out ASAP

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit
Yeah, well I think I've fixed it.

Just need to add a minor feature.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

lolrazz
This release is awsome, best so far! But please, can ju add the normal cheatmenu? :)

EDIT: Found a bug, you can't see yourself on the map.

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

lolrazz wrote
This release is awsome, best so far! But please, can ju add the normal cheatmenu? :)

EDIT: Found a bug, you can't see yourself on the map.

That's a setting. I can see myself on the map.

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

lolrazz
Okey, how do i fix it then?

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Apart from the long pauses, this was dope! :)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit
So it's not just me?

Well, I fixed it anyway, will update the PBO in a sec.

EDIT: Updated and the pauses should be fixed.

Can you add the other cheat menu?

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit
Short answer, no.
Long answer, still no.

random guy
how do I install, it's just a map.... what releases do I download

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

AzzaR4
Fantastic job, there was only one issue I had was delayed responses to actions. I had a tent and it wouldn't set up so I pressed the action multiple times (because im impatient like that lol) and maybe after 2 minute 4-5 tents appeared...the same sort of thing happened when I was harvesting wood. But apart from that you did a phenomenal job. Keep it up

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Oh yeah! And you can't switch to granades/flares. :(

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

AzzaR4
random guy wrote
how do I install, it's just a map.... what releases do I download
Im just using DaiZy 1.7.4.4
http://kodabar-dayz-daizy-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/RELEASE-DaiyZ-1-7-4-4-tp1441.html

Hope this helps

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

dragargameguler
It's not just you having freezes.
My game is freezing for like 1.5 a minute ;)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit
This post was updated on .
Darn. No clue why that is fixed for me.

Guess I'll go use either the old bandit spawn script or a new one if I figure it out.

EDIT: May be because of the .2 sleep timer. I already know that nearestObjects is causing the lag but I can imagine that it will work pretty sluggishly with only .2 seconds to fetch the stuff.

EDIT2: I was correct. The sleep timer was set to 1.5 seconds and now it works perfectly. I didn't even notice the AI spawn until I was shot in the face. Again. Final thing to do is fix the loot spawns.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit
v1.1 Released!

Consult the changelog for all the new junk!
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

dragargameguler
This post was updated on .
I've downloaded the newest version of the mission and it works really well.
Played for about half an hour without a single freeze(maybe sometimes but it's like 5 seconds). Your mission is the best one imho.

Problems i've found:

I've noticed that icons of broken legs, bleeding(actually even our character is bleeding) etc. are staying after respawn.
Zombies are not attracted by shooting of other "survivors".
You can get killed(shot) with "godmode = true"
After calling artillery i can't do anything

I will update this post when i find more bugs/problems.

Oh yes, the UI does mess up after respawn. But we're not meant to be able to respawn in the first place (not the same way). When I tried this mission, I just spawned in morphine and bandage. I haven't read the scripts yet, though.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit
Thanks for the bug report!

1. This is a problem with DayZ itself, it can't really be fixed. You are not actually bleeding or have broken legs, I just haven't found a way to reset the icons and the visual blood gushing out of you. You can get rid of them by using morphine or bandaging, even if you aren't actually injured.

All your stats are reset to full, hunger, food, blood etc. but the GUI is not updated.

2. I've been trying to get something like that to work but I never figured it out. I'll keep trying though.

3. Godmode isn't really godmode. It will godmode your DayZ stats/health but the normal ArmA 2 damage system is still the same. So headshots will still kill you.

4. Haven't had this problem just yet.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)
1234