VERY OUTDATED: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Bump.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit
AboveDayZ wrote
Bump.
I'll never know why that was necessary.

Maybe it was. THE SUSPENSE.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

I replied to alot of new comments on my posts, wich put your post further down, yet your post is the reason my posts excist. So I wanted to bump it back up. ^^

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

randr28
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
my real names Zero my online name is Zero and but some how in hell my account name ended up as randr28 hmmm

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

dragargameguler
@Randr28
It's about your difficulty setting.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit
Oh...

That makes sense, I suppose.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit
Randr28 wrote
ok not shore if u ment to put this in or not but when i move my cross-hair over a zed a cilvilan sign comes up and tells me how far away it is can u take that out as well as the white dots that show u were zeds are it makes it to easy to evade them  and the hud disappears still too after u stop playing and go back in
That's just the difficulty you're playing on.

Turn it onto Expert or something.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

eddie
can  the change be using blood bags on self? cant get that to work.

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

RobinTyler
eddie wrote
can  the change be using blood bags on self? cant get that to work.
The way I deal with this is use the "Heal Yourself" cheat. But only if I have a blood bag on the inventory. I  drop the blood bag, eat food, and drink soda, then use the cheat. This way it doesn't feel like you're cheating all the way.

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

RobinTyler wrote
eddie wrote
can  the change be using blood bags on self? cant get that to work.
The way I deal with this is use the "Heal Yourself" cheat. But only if I have a blood bag on the inventory. I  drop the blood bag, eat food, and drink soda, then use the cheat. This way it doesn't feel like you're cheating all the way.
First of all, according to some of the bigger modders on this forums, the only reason we could bloodbag ourselves before was because of a glitch in the code. Wich got fixed in 1.7.3.

Secondly, I do the same thing. I eat up, drink and then heal myself. Unless I got access to a stack of meat.

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit
Above wrote
RobinTyler wrote
eddie wrote
can  the change be using blood bags on self? cant get that to work.
The way I deal with this is use the "Heal Yourself" cheat. But only if I have a blood bag on the inventory. I  drop the blood bag, eat food, and drink soda, then use the cheat. This way it doesn't feel like you're cheating all the way.
First of all, according to some of the bigger modders on this forums, the only reason we could bloodbag ourselves before was because of a glitch in the code. Wich got fixed in 1.7.3.

Secondly, I do the same thing. I eat up, drink and then heal myself. Unless I got access to a stack of meat.

I kinda like not having blood bags.

It makes losing blood a serious problem, not just a brush-off kinda thing. Meat and food become very valuable and makes you feel like you should in a zombie apocalypse. Hopeless.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Niceonegunit wrote
Above wrote
RobinTyler wrote
eddie wrote

I agree, might stop using the healing script as a bloodbag. Never really looked at it that way. Just wanted my damn colors back. x)

cool thanks the civilian thing is gone but now i cant see myself on the map arrrrrrr
my real names Zero my online name is Zero and but some how in hell my account name ended up as randr28 hmmm

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Reaper
v50 is great so far!
I noticed that survivors don't  randomly join my group like they used to...THAAAAANK YOOOOU. Those down-syndrome f***s were no help at all and completely ruined the immersion.  Here is my list of problems so far with v50 after 3 hours straight playing.

1)If survivors are shot at, is there a way that you can code them to shoot back at you? I shot one for their AK. She didn't die right away, but she just laid there taking it, staring at me with her sad little puppy eyes waiting for the next shot. I would like survivors to fight back if they get shot by me. Or can you make it so we become treated like a bandit for killing survivors, and then any of them will shoot us on sight?

2)After searching multiple of them with great frustration...deer stands hold zero loot...serious, I don't know if it is just me but deer stands never have anything in them.  Multiple versions of DaiZy have been giving me this problem so I needed to bring that up.

3)Survivors/Bandits don't attack zombies (or very very rarely) and zombies totally ignore them.  This is problematic because when I am in a firefight with a bandit it is annoying as all hell that zombies come after my pistol shots but not the bandit's Lee Enfield DinnerBell shots :/

4)I don't know if this happens all the time, but I get very little loot from the two barracks in NW Airfield. Whatever I do get...is junk loot! Tin cans, bottles, and soda. Any idea why? These two barracks are supposed to be one of the best loot spots D:

Imma keep testin v50, like it a lot more than the older versions, mostly cuz now I don't have five morons on my group :D

UPDATE: I noticed some issues while playing at night. What is with the blue and red lights glowing over what seems to be the loot spots? huge flashing red and blue lights emitting from buildings.  I am in Rog right now and the castles look like dance parties. Especially when entering the middle tower, the bottom lights up blue.
Also I have seen this posted before, but I can't throw flares or chemlights at all D:

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

DayZ_SP
Here is a quick FAQ that may explain some of the bugs and give others insight on how to fix them:

1) The reason Bandits & Survivors don't automatically target Zombies is because they are all on the same side (faction) in MP. This is just how Rocket designed the game because he wanted to emphasize the MP vs. SP aspects. THIS is the main reason he had Kronzky pull SP: Because he wanted to do it properly and knew it would be a hassle the way the mod is coded, currently.

2) To get around the above limitations, Zed Hunter and Unknown used basic AI unit spawn scripts from regular ARMA 2 in order to give the feeling of MP (the player isn't the only one in the game). However, they and the AI were still very limited in what they could do because of the coding limitations mentioned above regarding being on the same side.

Zed Hunter and Unknown tried very simple targeting parameters (if "x" = a certain unit then fire on it), but the underlying problem is these parameters only apply to units that are already on the battlefield and not ones that have yet to spawn... Which is how Zombies keep entering the game.

3) To get around the aforementioned limitations, I modified the AI further by assigning the various skins to ARMA 2 factions. So, when you play DaiyZ, they behave according to the rules of engagement set up in normal ARMA 2 e.g. A Survivor is BLUFOR and is going to engage OPFOR targets such as Zeds and Bandits; A Bandit is OPFOR and will target BLUFOR Survivors (+player), etc.

The major flaw in this is the Zombies spawn endlessly if there are certain buildings present in both the country and cities. So, the AI never moves forward because it sees a constant threat of eneimies compared to normal ARMA 2 where they engage in small skirmishes, eliminate the threats and then move on with the player.

4) Zombies don't attack AI Survivors and Bandits because they are not designated as "player". You can change this in the AI unit spawn scripts, but then Zeds completely ignore the human player based on how their target priority is written in the Zombie_agent.fsm (fsm = finite state machine) that controls their scripted behavior.

5) The above is also why AI won't take damage from Zeds even if the Zeds attack them.

The ObjectEventHandlers that control damage for players is only linked to one "player" per client. This is how it is supposed to be in MP, but presents a major problem in SP where you need multiple "player" (AI) clients to be able to receive damage and ONLY the AI and not the human player if they aren't being attacked. You can adjust this in the AI unit spawn scripts and give all "players" (AI + humans) damage everytime a Zombie attacks anybody, but the damage will be mirrored on the human player until he/she dies.

Hopefully, you can now see why SP is so complicated compared to MP and the real reason Rocket pulled SP to being with. It wasn't because he was trying to be this big controlling jerk. It is because he KNEW the way he currently coded the mod that a delivering a satisfactory SP experience would be all but impossible.

DaiyZ has come a long way since the original Kronsky SP misison, but you can now see just how limited it is and why it will never be the 100% SP experience it  can/should be due to the underlying codebase focusing on MP vs. SP. This is also why I have abandoned further development on DaiyZ; some of the major flaws will never be corrected because of how the mod is fundamentally coded underneath.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

lolrazz
This post makes me sad...

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

DayZ_SP
lolrazz wrote
This post makes me sad...
I just want players and would-be developers to know the limitations of the mod, so they have realistic expectations.

It's a fun mod, but will never be 100% in SP because of how it is coded at the base level.

On top of that, a proper MP simulation would involve programming complex AI routines that would mimic the actions human players perform automatically e.g. if the AI's various health levels are low they would seek out food, water, medical supplies, etc... Not just roam around shooting stuff like the limited squad-based shooter it is now.

ok so i know i have had a few problems but i can not build any thing from tents to sand bags even wire fences so annoying can u fix thing fast\
my real names Zero my online name is Zero and but some how in hell my account name ended up as randr28 hmmm

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

MasterNe0
I am having issues with this whenever I start it up. Keep saying it missing a script at scripts\compile\AHP\AHP_init.sqf whenever I startup this map.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v50 - Respawn system!

Reaper
Don't worry, I never meant to be negative about the problems.  I wasn't trying to put you down, I was trying to help give feedback.

For example, I still haven't heard anything about the chemlight/flare not being throwable. Do you have any idea why? Maybe the game isn't recognizing them as Throw weapons?
Also you didn't say anything about the deerstand and barracks loot issue. Barracks aren't spawning military loot and deerstands don't spawn ANY loot. Any clue why?

I am only trying to help :)
1234